Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Holy loving poo poo.

:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Vargs posted:

how could so much blood fit inside of just one elf

That's the secret to how they can live for so long. Humans are 2/3rds water, elves are 2/3rds blood. And the last third? Also blood.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

This needs to be in the OP

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Baron Porkface posted:

How much armor does the enemy need before gunners are better than archers?

Hmm, having just tried this out, it seems like gunners are pretty much always better than archers if you can find the LOS for them to work. I marched a bunch of chaos marauders with great weapons (15 armour, no shields) in front of a mixed group of crossbowmen and handgunners and the handgunners still got about 20-50% more kills.

Trying again with Chosen instead and the crossbowmen got a measly 10 kills each, handgunners got 50, while the hellblaster I brought get over 100.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I have no idea how people take screenshots/video like this

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Baron Porkface posted:

A long time trawling their own replays would be my guess.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Baron Porkface posted:

I know. Looking through my battles its feels like it's just 90% of my dudes awkwardly clipping into stuff, pivoting in place without moving their legs, monsters flailing about aimlessly, etc.

The only epic thing I remember doing lately is T-boning Wolf Riders with Grail Knights and instakilling a ton of them in the charge, when I zoomed in even the Wolves looked like they were yelling in agonizing pain as they got launched sideways.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Kitchner posted:

This needs to be in the OP

So does Archaon the EverChozen, but I haven't seen him there yet.

Even though he'll have this world... kid.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

mel gibson seems to be on a roll recently

LuiCypher posted:

So does Archaon the EverChozen, but I haven't seen him there yet.

he's been there for the past year, pinned under deathclaw's talon :v:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

pnutz posted:

Archaeon The Everpinned

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Xarlaxas posted:

So, would that be Ulrika before or after being turned into a vampire? Another LL for the Counts! :drac:

Ulrika was pretty badass as a vampire and became much more likable after she died and was brought back. Which is a first for a vampire in this sort of setting. So i'd accept them getting another LL.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 4, 2017

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I hope that we get most of the various Dark Elf monsters. The cost of animations for the Jabberslythe made sense, but Dark Elves without their monster menagerie lose a lot of what helps distinguish them from just being High Elves, But Evil.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Fangz posted:

Hmm, having just tried this out, it seems like gunners are pretty much always better than archers if you can find the LOS for them to work. I marched a bunch of chaos marauders with great weapons (15 armour, no shields) in front of a mixed group of crossbowmen and handgunners and the handgunners still got about 20-50% more kills.

Trying again with Chosen instead and the crossbowmen got a measly 10 kills each, handgunners got 50, while the hellblaster I brought get over 100.

The thing is, handgunners fire in a straight line and crossbows fire in an arc. If a handgunner shoots at a guy and misses, the bullet continues going forward in a straight line. The crossbow fires in an arc, and if they shoot and miss it'll likely end up in the ground near the target.

Crossbows are more effective in paper, and can do a LOT of damage if you're really close, but handgunners have the superior firing arc for mulching dudes up. It's also why free company militia do really, really good against any unarmored unit. All their bullets are bound to hit someone.

In any event, if you're playing defensively crossbows are the superior choice. You can back them far enough away from the front they can shoot over their compatriots' heads and in a sufficiently dense formation (for example if you're cornering up), they're absolutely the superior ranged unit since a greater proportion of their ammunition will hit an enemy.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
You should be flanking with your ranged against the AI. Without vast mobile superiority the AI can't tangle with mobile ranged.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

President Ark posted:

star wars: jedi academy: jedi outcast 2: jedi knight 3: dark forces 4

Uh excuse me you mean Star Wars: Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Academy
:goonsay:

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Kanos posted:

I hope that we get most of the various Dark Elf monsters. The cost of animations for the Jabberslythe made sense, but Dark Elves without their monster menagerie lose a lot of what helps distinguish them from just being High Elves, But Evil.

I think some of the more exotic witch elf stuff could be missing (Bloodwrack Shrine, Medusa and Sisters of Slaughter) so that they can throw it in a Hellebron DLC but other than that I think that the War Hydra, Cold One Knights and Harpies are guaranteed with the Kharibdyss being potentially held back if they want a Lokhir Fellhart corsair themed lord pack.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

jokes posted:

In any event, if you're playing defensively crossbows are the superior choice. You can back them far enough away from the front they can shoot over their compatriots' heads and in a sufficiently dense formation (for example if you're cornering up), they're absolutely the superior ranged unit since a greater proportion of their ammunition will hit an enemy.

In an even battle, or even when you are slightly outnumbered, you should be moving ranged units to the flanks where they can pour enfilading fire into the enemy engaged with your infantry. Hand gunners and free company are better at this than crossbows.

If you're heavily out numbered and maneuvering isn't really possible then you should position yourself so that your ranged units are on a hill, allowing them to fire over your infantry's heads and into the enemy infantry. or use a checkerboard formation so your handgunners can fire through the gaps.

Crossbows are cheaper and better for corner camping, I guess.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Ни шагу назад!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I tend to prioritise shooing away enemy ranged over trying to pull off enfilading maneuvres, and crossbows with their arc is better for that. Finding a hilltop to shoot handgunners down from is rarely possible.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

pnutz posted:

mel gibson seems to be on a roll recently

I'm actually referring to the MS Paint drawing of Archaon, which sadly has never graced the OP.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

LordAbaddon posted:

I think some of the more exotic witch elf stuff could be missing (Bloodwrack Shrine, Medusa and Sisters of Slaughter) so that they can throw it in a Hellebron DLC but other than that I think that the War Hydra, Cold One Knights and Harpies are guaranteed with the Kharibdyss being potentially held back if they want a Lokhir Fellhart corsair themed lord pack.

Wood Elves launched with pretty much everything, so I'm hoping Dark Elves (and all the expansion races) are similarly blessed, especially given how successful the first game's been.

For Beastmen I have a feeling that the unspoken belief was that they just wouldn't be that popular as a race.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Fangz posted:

I tend to prioritise shooing away enemy ranged over trying to pull off enfilading maneuvres, and crossbows with their arc is better for that. Finding a hilltop to shoot handgunners down from is rarely possible.

I'm usually playing on legendary and, generally speaking, my infantry will lose a slugfest to the opposing infantry line unless I can flank with handgunners or free company. They're just a lot better at shredding the opponent from the side/rear. Opposing ranged is dealt with by cavalry and maybe one or two units of ranged if I can spare them. Artillery too, sometimes.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mordja posted:

Wood Elves launched with pretty much everything, so I'm hoping Dark Elves (and all the expansion races) are similarly blessed, especially given how successful the first game's been.

For Beastmen I have a feeling that the unspoken belief was that they just wouldn't be that popular as a race.

The difference between the Wood Elves and Dark Elves is that the Wood Elves were a pure DLC race, the entire faction was additional content. Meanwhile the Dark Elves are going to be one of the four "core" races for another warhammer game, this means that they will likely be treated in the same way that Vampire Counts, Empire, Greenskins, and Dwarfs were in the Original game (i.e. 3/4 of their roster released up front while the last 1/4 was released through dlc).

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
And yet dwarves never got a proper assassin unit.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Schizotek posted:

And yet dwarves never got a proper assassin unit.

They're dwarfs. The dwarfen idea of assassination is a cannonball or axe to the face.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Who needs an assassin when you can just burn half the map to the ground to get rid of that one last stupid grudge?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Cythereal posted:

They're dwarfs. The dwarfen idea of assassination is a cannonball or axe to the face.

Or better yet, a catapult that throws axes, which is totally a thing by the way.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So this is neat. Someone has figured out how to make their own campaigns.

Given that the game runs off of the same framework as past modern TW games it's likely that we can eventually see total conversions and all new factions once people figure out how to do it.

Phrosphor posted:

I am still sad I can't play as the border princes. There is even some fun ideas for playing as Kislev and co and sending mercenary armies across the world and stuff.

I think it's either Cataph or Lokerian that did mods that give all the southern minor factions unique armies.

Tilea gets a bunch of mercenaries and light artillery while the Border Princes get this weird mishmash of several cultures mixed in with mercs. Either way it's great for filling out that area of the world.

Really, at this point mod makers have given all of the minor factions new traits. Even Mousillon is fully playable and has their own unique mechanics if you get the mod for it.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 4, 2017

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

That looks more like someone learned how to overwrite the existing mini campaigns. Which is still cool since once you play either one once, you might as well never see it again.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

If you want to get something done, you do it yourself:

It's refreshing to know that he hates my dad.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Does Orion also have a bow and quiver? Does he even have an animation for using them?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Pendent posted:

Who needs an assassin when you can just burn half the map to the ground to get rid of that one last stupid grudge?

I still think Dwarfs should have a Daemonslayer hero, it'd be the perfect Assassin on the campaign map and could be a dedicated Anti-Large hero on the battlefield. I hope we still get to see more Old World content after Game 2 (and 3 for that matter) are out. I would pay stupid amounts of money for more Legendary Lords/starting positions and especially new units.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

LuiCypher posted:

If you want to get something done, you do it yourself:

It's refreshing to know that he hates my dad.

I see you found my deviantart page.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Someone please post the version with Ikit Claw

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

I can't find that gif of a bunch of archers exploding and then getting charged through by knights, anyone have it around?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Can someone also post some all black coach games? Youtube or replays, both are fine.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

I still think Dwarfs should have a Daemonslayer hero, it'd be the perfect Assassin on the campaign map and could be a dedicated Anti-Large hero on the battlefield. I hope we still get to see more Old World content after Game 2 (and 3 for that matter) are out. I would pay stupid amounts of money for more Legendary Lords/starting positions and especially new units.

Black Orc Big Boss for an Orc veterancy/training combat hero too please.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

420 Gank Mid posted:

Does Orion also have a bow and quiver? Does he even have an animation for using them?

Yes, no.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Dandywalken posted:

Black Orc Big Boss for an Orc veterancy/training combat hero too please.

Also mangler squigs and snotling pump wagons. Seconding the dwarf dragonslayer hero. Adding trollslayers and maybe the goblin hewer that benefit from Ungrim buffs would be cool too since he's the odd-man-out of the dwarf leaders. Also move him to Karak Kadrin. For that matter add the Bringer of Todds with Ulrik units. Man I'm still excited for this game, the expansion/sequel hasn't even sunk in yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

420 Gank Mid posted:

His rain of arrows ability is supposed to represent him using his Magic Bow Hawks Talon, but no there's no actual bow firing animation for it.

• Locked thread