Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yall lettin the 30k clique rile you up too much with their slack coordinated shitposting. just ignore em and soon enough theyll go back to photoshopping pics of their lil space dollies to include in their long boring battle reports instead

Are you saying the cliques shouldn't mix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ijyt posted:

Had to read them to know they're boring. :shobon:

I don't think they're boring

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

ijyt posted:

Had to read them to know they're boring. :shobon:

http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2008/05/tuesday-game-reports_21.html Mine are the best battle reports. Also I try not to pee in folk's Corn Flakes.

But if ya gotta troll at least do it good maybe? But since we have some newbies in here it means I can share more of my battle report goodness. Instead of going to bad places full of fanboys see some good and pretty gaming!

http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2010/06/epic-system-battle-report-1.html
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2010/09/at-43-late-september-at-43-battle.html
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2012/04/8-player-battletech-demo-game-report.html
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2013/03/warhammer-40k-rogue-trader-styled_21.html
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2014/11/kickstarter-ogre-battle-report.html
http://wargamedork.blogspot.com/2010/06/space-hulk-v3-comic-report.html

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

No lensfx no read

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Captain Rufus posted:

But if ya gotta troll at least do it good maybe?

Captain Rufus posted:

WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU EVEN IN THIS THREAD?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Soulfucker posted:

merge the threads

DO IT

Soulfucker posted:

merge the threads

DO IT

Soulfucker posted:

merge the threads

DO IT

Soulfucker posted:

merge the threads

DO IT

Soulfucker posted:

merge the threads

DO IT

Soulfucker posted:

merge the threads

DO IT

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
gas this thread and lock us all inside

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
loving DO IT YOU LIL BITCH!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
DOOOOO ITTTTTTT

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Moola posted:

gas this thread and lock us all inside

make this manskull a mod

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
if I was a mod this thread would be probation city, hooooo boy

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
All hail mod-king Moola the first

may his reign be brief yet terrible

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

hear hear

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
This has gone from being funny to be pretty personal and lovely. Gas.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

It's like a lovely version of that Arthur Clarke story, Crusade

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

I like the comic book style but these are a little wordy, in my opinion. Maybe a few more pictures and a few less captions :)

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

GW is not good.

But neither is this thread.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

tallkidwithglasses posted:

It wasn't ironic :)

I don't think "more profit margins for Monsanto" is a sufficient argument for potentially deleterious patentable monocultures annihilating our already dwindling biodiversity, and I think that state-run collective hydroponic farms is more of a fantasy than simply limiting the introduction of new GMOs into the world.

And really, I don't think feeding the earth requires GMOs for quite some time. For most of American history at least half of the population was farmers, and we can certainly eat less meat and recruit more farmers to feed orders of magnitude more people before we really need to start looking at GMO wonder crops.

I don't think anyone's really concerned about Monsanto's profit margins except Monsanto and people they have in pocket in the legislature. You talk about "recruiting more farmers" as if that's a trivial thing, and you're also talking about this as if it's a solely American concern. Where are all these people going to come from that aren't in other industries? Will thousands of people find subsistence farming viable? "Just work more" looks like a really grim future, and I'm not sure it's tenable at all. World population by 2024 is projected to be 8 billion, 9 billion by 2040. This is very near future stuff and we have serious environmental challenges on top of that. Forget more labour; we might well have less land, and less viable crops. You're right that it's simpler to ban GMOs (from human consumption, presumably?) than it is to build state run hydroponic farms, but that's not the alternative; the alternative is "Ban GMOs and totally reorient the entire global economy back to farming while simultaneously preventing significant losses in arable land from climate change and also creating an international supply mechanism for food distribution that's more effective than any we've previously had except perhaps war-time ration convoying".

In a sense it's correct to say corporate monopoly on GMOs is a bigger issue here, but this is more of a general problem with the concept of intellectual property having grown malignant and parasitic than it is about GMO food itself, which is largely blameless.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

This thread is fun because you can post uncontroversial opinions like "religion is good," "GW makes fun games that people enjoy," and "patentable organisms owned and managed by large multinationals are bad" and get giant page long spergouts in response.

Nobody really disagrees that genetic patents are bad except the people who directly profit from them.

Also seriously, we've covered why it's a dick move to keep using autism as an insult. You wouldn't use racial slurs for ironic burns, would you?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Crackbone posted:

GW is not good.

Rude

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Crackbone posted:

GW is not good.

I disagree, GW is actually very good :)

But I respect your opinion :)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The F A Girls anime has a scene where the main character is building a model kit and a tiny piece goes flying off. she looks for it everywhere but can't find it so she gives up but then when she stands up it falls out of a fold on her shorts

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

The F A Girls anime has a scene where the main character is building a model kit and a tiny piece goes flying off. she looks for it everywhere but can't find it so she gives up but then when she stands up it falls out of a fold on her shorts

This is a high-action anime scene

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TTerrible posted:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Make Moola a mod so he is forever condemned to wade through this sea of lovely posts, trying to mop up an ocean of feces with the probationary equivalent of a Kleenex.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

gently caress you dude you don't even like Star Citizen.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ijyt posted:

gently caress you dude you don't even like Star Citizen.

Put a pound in the jar.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Guy Goodbody posted:

panascope posted:

This is a high-action anime scene

Literally me while reading this:

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
imo gassing a thread because a bunch of people who find the premise of the thread offensive started shitposting in it would set a bad precedent

compromise solution: gas every thread about any GW game that wasn't licensed out and prohibit acknowledging that they ever existed

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Further solution: mod this thread like its C-Spam where eating a sixer is part of the posting experience

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TTerrible posted:

Put a pound in the jar.

I'll pound in your jar.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

I'll pound in your jar.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

We need at least six or seven opossums to erase that.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Wanna pet those cats.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Okay that's it.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

spectralent posted:

Okay that's it.

:eyepop:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

imo gassing a thread because a bunch of people who find the premise of the thread offensive started shitposting in it would set a bad precedent

Queue posts about how the rerelease of Necromunda that doesn't support the original minis is totally a really good and not badly dated game, you just need to make a few house rules *vomits 32 page fan created FAQ to make it semifunctional but still grossly imbalanced*

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Wait what? Why would the space kitty, a fitting conversion for ancient aliens, have hooves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

Queue posts about how the rerelease of Necromunda that doesn't support the original minis is totally a really good and not badly dated game, you just need to make a few house rules *vomits 32 page fan created FAQ to make it semifunctional but still grossly imbalanced*

They said right out of the gate that you could use your gangs. It's the same rules set, just a modified credit system. Gangs will certainly get their assess handed to them in many cases, but that's the way it should be. Besides, a 12 member gang might have the upper hand over a 4-5 member kill team. Bottle tests can be a bitch.

• Locked thread