Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Ground war != nuclear war.

Yeah it does, when it's Russia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

I just realised what all this is about.

This isn't about defending Trump's view or seeing him as a visionary, or even recognising him as the new leader.
This is about seeing Trump as a victim of the system, poor little 70 year old white-billionaire who just became president of the United States gets bullied by the evil establishment. He is the loving president yet you guys play out like he is some random shmuck who is held back by DA MAN, even though HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE MAN!

Now you get it.

This is Feudal Lord vs Empire. America vs The Corporate Super State

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

poo poo I can actually imagine if Bernie would've won, I can see this "establishment" actually holding him back because he did have some grand changes in mind which probably would not fly with either Republicans or Democrats.

Bernie couldn't have won because the Empire isn't going to let some commie professor near the levers of power, so they cut his throat. It's very obvious who is making the moves

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Now you get it.

Yeah, when I think of anti-corporate, I think Trump.:downs:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Now you get it.

So you expect a "billionaire" head of multiple corporations to fight it?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

The surveillance should not be in place to begin with

Completely agree. That does not mean that certain people should be exempt

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Now you get it.

Ok sorry, but I have to spoil the big twist of this movie:

There is no empire, it never existed.

Wait, no even better, the plot twist is "no Trump, you are the demons"

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The bourgeoisie has at last, since the establishment of Modern Industry and of the world market, conquered for itself, in the modern representative State, exclusive political sway. The executive of the modern state is but a committee for managing the common affairs of the whole bourgeoisie.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Now you get it.

If you really believe this please explain why the loving CEO of Exxon is the secretary of state.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

So you expect a "billionaire" head of multiple corporations to fight it?

He's killing international trade deals and talking tariffs and middle class jobs. This is not what corporate boards want

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Feminasty Slut posted:

If you really believe this please explain why the loving CEO of Exxon is the secretary of state.

Because there are still capable, intelligent people that rise to power? I mean, should we put homeless people in there instead?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Because there are still capable, intelligent people that rise to power? I mean, should we put homeless people in there instead?

Literally, yes.

Edit: To wit, if the choices are only "homeless person" or "Executive richer than God", I'd put more faith in the homeless person to make decisions for the good of the nation.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yes, those are the only two options available to the anti corporate president: Corporate CEOs or the homeless.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
We demand an immediate break with the prejudiced view that only the rich, or officials chosen from rich families, are capable of administering the state, of performing the ordinary, everyday work of administration. We demand that training in the work of state administration be conducted by class-conscious workers and soldiers and that this training be begun at once.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Ok so he is an exception now, why?

Big companies are evil, except these ones because they are with Trump...

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

scrubs season six posted:

Yes, those are the only two options available to the anti corporate president: Corporate CEOs or the homeless.

Political insider then? Artist? A priest? What class do you want

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The fact you can act like this is an actual equivalency is disgusting.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

Ok so he is an exception now, why?

Big companies are evil, except these ones because they are with Trump...

Okay, there is a distinction from a guy that worked at a company, and their current acting board of directors

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

oh no, not the bourgeoisie! those guys are the WORST

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Okay, there is a distinction from a guy that worked at a company, and their current acting board of directors

Lol he was the CEO

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Political insider then? Artist? A priest? What class do you want

You can miss the point with the best of them spunky

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The chief thing now is to abandon the prejudiced bourgeois-intellectualist view that only special officials, who by their very social position are entirely dependent upon capital, can administer the state.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I'd even argue his class isn't as important as the vested interest he holds in relations with Russia!

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Completely agree. That does not mean that certain people should be exempt

Extract your head from your anus and consider this position for two seconds

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

Extract your head from your anus and consider this position for two seconds

If everyone is subject to it, everyone should be subject.

It must be all or nothing.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Also Spunky just shut the hell up for like two pages goddamn any salient point you make is immediately neutered by your other retarded contradictory babble

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

Lol he was the CEO

Was the CEO, isn't the current CEO

Can this lead to corruption? Of course. That's why we're supposed to have a system in place to address stuff like this. Laws to make sure that the interests stay separate. But a private citizen that has become successful in the business world shouldn't be excluded from the political process because he was successful? How does that make sense.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Was the CEO, isn't the current CEO

Can this lead to corruption? Of course. That's why we're supposed to have a system in place to address stuff like this. Laws to make sure that the interests stay separate. But a private citizen that has become successful in the business world shouldn't be excluded from the political process because he was successful? How does that make sense.

My point is not that he should be excluded but that he is the embodiment of corporate America and should not be held up as a champion against it

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

My point is not that he should be excluded but that he is the embodiment of corporate America and should not be held up as a champion against it

Unfortunately our political class has become so corrupt and wrapped up in corporate interests that literally CEOs and billionaires seem like decent choices lmao. We live in bizarre times

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Blue Train posted:

This should be an obvious thing that we don't have to point out. You know, like how Trump is a retard. So we're either dealing with incredibly stupid people or self-owning trolls. lmao

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

hot take incoming:

i don't think trump is actually retarded with a certificate and everything, but he is most definitely below average in intelligence and that quite scary, if you consider how dumb an average person already is. also, he probably has early onset dementia

e: he is also intellectually lazy, which is even worse than being dumb

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He's donkey brained

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Unfortunately our political class has become so corrupt and wrapped up in corporate interests that literally CEOs and billionaires seem like decent choices lmao. We live in bizarre times

But you want the billionaires and CEOs to stop running the country and the only way to stop them is to elect CEOs and billionaires.

Ok, are you just pretending to be retarded?

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

No, they seem good to crazy and stupid people like you spunky

Anyone who still says trump good is crazy and stupid, yes, all of them.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

But you want the billionaires and CEOs to stop running the country and the only way to stop them is to elect CEOs and billionaires.

Ok, are you just pretending to be retarded?

Not everyone with the same job is the same person, Jesus Christ. How is this even hard to understand? It matters what their intentions are, and their motivations, and finally, their actions.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

How's that whole "drain the swamp" thing turning out, in your estimation?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

How's that whole "drain the swamp" thing turning out, in your estimation?

The swamp is fighting back very hard against an outsider, everything is murky due to this Russia delusion

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
He literally installed an oligarchy of plutocrats.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Not everyone with the same job is the same person, Jesus Christ. How is this even hard to understand? It matters what their intentions are, and their motivations, and finally, their actions.

Yes but we have records that show his actions were scummy

And everything he's done in office now is scummy

By your own logic he's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Joe the Plumber should be secretary of state and some amorphous, brownish blob of non-distinct gender, sexuality, and race is the only entity pure enough to be our leader

• Locked thread