Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

DancingShade posted:

I don't know what you're doing in this thread if you're still playing the single player for the first time. Smart goons went cold turkey on this thread for their entire first runs.

It's probably going to take a month for me to complete it and I wanted to talk about the game while I was still playing. It's not like a film where it's a two hour investment, people talk about it while it's going on. Everyone else has used spoiler tags, stop defending yourself and just spoiler your post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Taear posted:

It's probably going to take a month for me to complete it and I wanted to talk about the game while I was still playing. It's not like a film where it's a two hour investment, people talk about it while it's going on. Everyone else has used spoiler tags, stop defending yourself and just spoiler your post!

You seem even more angry than the Archon when Ryder sabotages his comlink to the Kett homeworld in the fourth story mission. But not quite as angry as Director Tann when you shoot him in the leg during the second mutiny.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Apr 5, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

DancingShade posted:

I don't know what you're doing in this thread if you're still playing the single player for the first time. Smart goons went cold turkey on this thread for their entire first runs.

It's not hard to use spoiler tags in this thread like every other functional person. A lot of people are still mid first-playthrough and come here for advice so just use spoiler tags and don't be a sperg.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

You seem even more angry than the Archon when Ryder sabotages his comlink to the Kett homeworld in the fourth story mission. But not quite as angy as Director Tann when you shoot him in the leg during the second mutiny.

:frogout:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Dan Didio posted:

That's ME3's failing.

Well sure, I think that ME3 would have been fine with a better ending, but I don't think that means it wasn't playing at a disadvantage.

In terms of the overarching plot, what does ME2 actually accomplish? The Reapers are no closer to defeat, and most of the major developments (Shepard's death, the Collectors, Alpha relay) are brought up and dealt with in the same game.

We get a better picture of the galaxy and the genophage and all the character moments are great, but very little of the "main story" seems consequential.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Kimsemus posted:

It's not hard to use spoiler tags in this thread like every other functional person. A lot of people are still mid first-playthrough and come here for advice so just use spoiler tags and don't be a sperg.

:yeah:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Has anyone run into any other Milky Way species in ME:A besides the Big Five of Humans, Asari, Turians, Salarians, and Krogan? I'm hoping to see some Hanar, Volus, Quarians, etc. in this game.

I have to say, I did like the big Kett Fort mission on Voeld, but I'm not sure if I should complete everything on the planet or move on to find the Angaran scientist or whomever to move the main plot along.

Lastly, lol running around on Voeld in a climate controlled hardsuit that will expire unless you stand next to a giant space Lava Heat Italia heater, but PB and the Angaran dude run around with exposed skin. With respect to gear chat from a few pages back, I wish one could change companions' weapons and armor, even if it just meant cycling through some pre-loaded alternatives.

Kimsemus posted:

:agreed:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MoraleHazard posted:

Has anyone run into any other Milky Way species in ME:A besides the Big Five of Humans, Asari, Turians, Salarians, and Krogan? I'm hoping to see some Hanar, Volus, Quarians, etc. in this game.

I have to say, I did like the big Kett Fort mission on Voeld, but I'm not sure if I should complete everything on the planet or move on to find the Angaran scientist or whomever to move the main plot along.

Lastly, lol running around on Voeld in a climate controlled hardsuit that will expire unless you stand next to a giant space Lava Heat Italia heater, but PB and the Angaran dude run around with exposed skin. With respect to gear chat from a few pages back, I wish one could change companions' weapons and armor, even if it just meant cycling through some pre-loaded alternatives.

:agreed:

The angara, at least, are explicitly fine on Voeld. They're much more tolerant of the cold temperatures than the Milky Way races.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

MoraleHazard posted:

I'd say it's always worth completing the planets entirely. It stops you having to keep hopping around.
Or at least do the special quests there, anyway.

I was relieved to find out I couldn't change the weapons/armour of my companions because there's so much STUFF that it was overwhelming. That's another similarity to Dragon Age 2 I guess, no customising your companions.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I wouldn't even want to use craftable or findable poo poo on them. Just let me change Liam out of his loving stupid cargo pants and cover Peebee's midriff. :negative:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-journey-ahead?sf53509845=1

quote:

Hi everyone,

It’s been two weeks since the launch of Mass Effect™: Andromeda and we’re thankful to the millions of you who have already joined us on this journey. And though the game is now in your hands, it’s really just the beginning.

Since launch, our team has been poring over your comments and feedback, looking to discover what you like about the game, as well as areas we can evolve or improve.

This Thursday, we’ll release a new patch that addresses technical fixes (crashes, improved performance), but also adds a number of improvements we’ve heard you ask for, such as:

• Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
  • Increasing the inventory limits
  • Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
  • Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
  • Improving localized voice over lip sync
  • Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
  • Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
  • There are many more adjustments being made, all of which you can find in our patch notes.

Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

• More options and variety in the character creator
  • Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
  • Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
  • Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
  • Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
  • These upcoming patches will also address performance and stability issues. And we’re looking at adding more cosmetic items to single player for free.

For multiplayer, over the same timeframe, we’re going to continue to build on the APEX missions that have been running since launch. We’ll be adding new maps, characters, and weapons. On Thursday, we kick off the first of three new chapters centered around The Remnant Investigation.

This is just a taste of what’s in store as we continue to support Mass Effect: Andromeda. And as always, you all play an important role in that. We want to hear from you about your experiences, both what you love about the game and what you’d like to see changed. We’re listening, and we’re committed to partnering with you as we continue to explore the Andromeda galaxy together.

Here’s to a great journey,

Aaryn

Edit:

Said Patchnotes: http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/04/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-05-notes/

quote:

Patch 1.05 Notes

Improved tutorial placement

Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression

Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map

Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs

Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO

Fixed various collision issues

Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct

Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs

Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times

Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save

Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose

Fixes issues related to some saves

Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer

Streaming and stability improvements

Serf
May 5, 2011

I feel like making the character creator better is too little too late. Unless you're gonna give us an option to redo our Ryder's appearance like in Dragon Age, it's meaningless for folks already playing the game.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
ryders of the lost ark

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Can I have a quicksave key yet?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)
Where are my Quarian Sex Mates patchnotes?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Those are some nice fixes. I'd like for them to ditch space sudoku, but oh wells.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
They're hidden loading screens!

lol no. Just a terrible design decision.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Well, it does look cool the first few times. But after that...

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I like stability improvements and better human and asari eyes. Because drat, these eyes are much worse than even ME1.

I'm still convinced there's some kind of memory leak going on as the game gets generally less stable and more hitchy until it eventually stops on a loading screen during long play sessions. My CPU is running kind of hot though, I should clean out my case just to be sure.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

My game freezes on Nexus landing transitions when I play with vSync off

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Apparently those really long loading times are due to being in the nomad when you saved. If you save outside it, the loading is fine.

Daztek posted:

My game freezes on Nexus landing transitions when I play with vSync off

You updated to the latest graphics card drivers? I had the same problem until I updated.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The Worlds of ‘Mass Effect: Andromeda’ Aren’t Worth Saving

:drat:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Honestly the autopilot skip is going to be huge in getting me to actually scan poo poo. Now if they'd let me drill into the galaxy map and go straight to destination point... (i.e. click into the system and planet I want to go to rather than just the system).

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Who's Hainly Abrams and why are they adjusting conversations with her? I've finished this game and I don't remember her ever appearing. Is she on Kadara? I skipped most of the side stuff there.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

TheCenturion posted:

Also, another 'millennial' facet that seems to peek through the game is that you can literally do no wrong.

Are we allowed to mention Witcher 3 and how most conversations were difficult zero-sum choices that had negative consequences for SOMEONE?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

CottonWolf posted:

Who's Hainly Abrams and why are they adjusting conversations with her? I've finished this game and I don't remember her ever appearing. Is she on Kadara? I skipped most of the side stuff there.

The trans character who deadnames herself when making small talk.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

CottonWolf posted:

She's on Eos.

IM IN ANDROMEDA BECAUSE OF MY DICK. WELL, MY EX-DICK. THIS IS WHO I REALLY AM, THIS DICKLESS LADY YOU SEE BEFORE YOU.

Awkward, awkward conversation.

I think they just moved it so that you can read her tumblr on her Terminal nearby, makes more sense in that context.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Glad they're at least going back and fixing stuff. Thankless job, and hopefully next go-round they can do this stuff, like, before the release of the game.

Serf posted:

I feel like making the character creator better is too little too late. Unless you're gonna give us an option to redo our Ryder's appearance like in Dragon Age, it's meaningless for folks already playing the game.

Yeah, it's not optimal. The one positive is that New Game + lets you go thru the character creator fully, so there is that option (it's a big ask, though).

CottonWolf posted:

She's a quest NPC who brings up her gender transition in one of the dialogue trees.

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
So did EA force them to release it this year? I've only played a couple hours but it seems like the main problem is that they just needed more time.

Also, there's this moment early on where you find the wrecked Asari base / citadel thing where they talk about how they had a year of anarchy to try and get everything running again because they lost so many people and so much food and supplies in the crash, and I honestly think that would make for a more interesting game.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Ghetto Prince posted:

So did EA force them to release it this year? I've only played a couple hours but it seems like the main problem is that they just needed more time.

Also, there's this moment early on where you find the wrecked Asari base / citadel thing where they talk about how they had a year of anarchy to try and get everything running again because they lost so many people and so much food and supplies in the crash, and I honestly think that would make for a more interesting game.

"__________________ would make for a more interesting game" is pretty much masseffect.txt at this point. There's so many parts of the setting that would be far more interesting to explore, but Bioware isn't good at understanding that.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

TheCenturion posted:

Also, another 'millennial' facet that seems to peek through the game is that you can literally do no wrong. After I exiled the 'first murderer' guy, on the legal theory that an incompetent murderer is still a murderer, I ran into him in the slums at Kadara Port, and he thanked me for exiling him. Apparently in doing so, I'd help him reach self-actualization, improved his marriage, and blah blah blah..

I mean, that's probably the worst quest to bring up that criticism about, because the other choice ends up with literally the opposite, his wife leaving him and everyone shunning him for being a murderer who got away on a technicality. He puts himself back in stasis.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
More time and less sidequests. I have like 20 sidequests tied to nexus loving station. I'm not doing all of that.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Apparently those really long loading times are due to being in the nomad when you saved. If you save outside it, the loading is fine.

Are you making GBS threads me? Is that what causes it? drat.

Hainly Abrams is a minor quest giver on Eos (? I think?) who almost immediately outs herself as transgender and gives you her deadname. I mean, points for including her to begin with, but I'm also subtracting points for how clunky, awkward and badly written that whole thing is.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Rhymenoserous posted:

More time and less sidequests. I have like 20 sidequests tied to nexus loving station. I'm not doing all of that.

Just wait until you get to Kadara

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
We handled Krem pretty badly, let's try and do it again, but worse!

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Glad they're fixing the stupid galaxy map stuff. Too bad there's no mention of any tweaking of the frequency of SAM hazard warnings though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

We handled Krem pretty badly, let's try and do it again, but worse!

Krem was cool.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Wiseblood posted:

The trans character who deadnames herself when making small talk.

Ah. I did talk to her, I just didn't know that was her name.

E: Unlike the walking exposition nodes in this game, Krem was actually a character. It helps!

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Apr 4, 2017

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Daztek posted:

Just wait until you get to Kadara

Already been, I refuse to talk to anyone with a ! on the minimap. gently caress em.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Well that fixes all of my issues with the travel time and music playing. Yay if it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

I'll look down from orbit and whisper, "no."