Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Jamwad Hilder posted:

games 3 and 4 aren't in Montreal though? and we don't even know who they'll be playing yet

games 5 and 7 then

and it is decided, it's the Rangers

pre-emptive gently caress CHRIS KREIDER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Trying to decide if I feel like taking the 11 hour to Pittsburgh to see a game. I almost dropped 900 or whatever to go see game 5 last year in the finals, but I didn't. That would have been a fun game to go to though even though they lost.

I might go if they make a deeper run again.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

stab posted:

games 5 and 7 then

Hello friend :D

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

stab posted:

games 5 and 7 then

Blame Emelin

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Blackhawks are very bad when I show up, including a loss during the stanley cup finals, and breaking their "leading after two period" streak. So, I'm willing to sell my services to Nashville, or Calgary, or whomever.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Definitely gonna go see a Preds playoff game at least as that's only a few hour drive.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
they oilers have lost all 22 games ive attended stretching back like 20 years

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Flyers called up Sam Morin to make his NHL debut tonight. Vecchione might be playing tonight too

RIP Miles Wood's face

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Flyers called up Sam Morin to make his NHL debut tonight. Vecchione might be playing tonight too

RIP Miles Wood's face

gently caress yeah :toot:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

violent sex idiot posted:

then again it's the Oilers that's probably happened to a lot of people

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
luckily im not going to spend five hundred dollars on a scalper ticket in the upper bowl so i cant curse the playoffs

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Tonight's Flyers/Devils game is going to be one of those amazing gong shows with both top lines resting and like 70 PIM isn't it

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

DJExile posted:

Tonight's Flyers/Devils game is going to be one of those amazing gong shows with both top lines resting and like 70 PIM isn't it

I'm surprised they haven't called Gazdic back up.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

stab posted:

oh boy

got playoff tickets for 3 of the 4 MTL round 1 playoff games (games 2-3-4)

if you recall, I have a 1-6 playoff record watching games live (with 4 eliminations)

I'm sorry HAS :(

I just got tickets for Game 1 or 3 of the Border War (depending on who gets home ice) for $100 plus fees. I may go back and grab other game tickets depending on how prices are later- I snagged Game 4 (The MAF Game) tickets in 2014 for $67 three hours before the game.

I also have a quadricep sprain in my knee and I'm hoping I'm able to go. :( :ohdear:

violent sex idiot posted:

J--Jesus, I can't even imagine. :stare:

Like, I went to CBJ games during some dark times (including most everything between 2005-06 and 2013 except 2008-09, in retrospect) but at least they won some of them.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

stab posted:

:yeah:

Also, how many playoff games will Steve Ott play? Probably too many.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

DJExile posted:

my friend said Morin is going to play and that he might kill a guy

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

yeah Morin is up and he's got like 120 PIM in 68 AHL games this year. Someone likely gonna die

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Yeah, since Prout is suspended, someone else is going to have to step up and get their face caved in

Now watch, he might get his rear end handed to him by Blandisi or someone

Also, Calgary's first round pick (I forget his name) is the only first rounder left from the 2013 draft to not play an NHL game yet

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Also, Calgary's first round pick (I forget his name) is the only first rounder left from the 2013 draft to not play an NHL game yet

The immortal Morgan Klimchuk

https://twitter.com/Real_ESPNLeBrun/status/849291968047960064

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 4, 2017

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Good. I wish more players wanted this badly enough to just up and go.

I mean, we'll see whether he actually ups and goes or not.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

He seems completely committed to playing and has for a long time. I wonder how the league is gonna handle it. He's made around $100 million and could probably count on his buddy Putin covering a fine anyway. Is the league really going to throw a 10 game suspension at him? More? I don't know what else would even make a different to him.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

gently caress yeah. I hope the Caps let all their players go and get medals. The Washington Capitals will not be good for 6 or 7 games without Ovechkin, Backstrom, Holtby, Kuznetsov, Carlson, Orlov, Johansson, Oshie (assuming he re-signs), Grubauer (assuming he's not snagged by LV) and maybe Vrana but who cares. I hope they put everyone on short-term IR and use the extra cap money to make some crazy UFA acquisitions. Let's see - who will be a UFA in 2018?

Tavares
Nash
Little
E Kane
Fowler
Hornqvist
Backlund
Turris

A boy can dream.

If the Olympics were today, and assuming all the likely Olympics participants from the Caps are allowed to participate, the lines during the Olympics would probably look something like this:

Brett Connolly-Lars Eller-Justin Williams
Chris Bourque-Travis Boyd-Andre Burakovsky
Daniel Winnik-Jay Beagle-Tom Wilson
Paul Carey-Chandler Stephenson-Riley Barber

Karl Alzner-Matt Niskanen
Brooks Orpik-Kevin Shattenkirk
Nate Schmidt-Taylor Chorney

Pheonix Copley
Vitek Vanacek

Looking at it like this makes the 2016-17 Pittsburgh Penguins that much more impressive.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Olympics is good and cool, but these extended seasons are wearing on me.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Lol Ovi couldn't even pretend to care about the upcoming playoffs or anything. No wonder Russian players get stereotyped like that.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Martytoof posted:

I mean, we'll see whether he actually ups and goes or not.

Leonsis (Caps owner) has said he'd let his players go even if he gets fined by the NHL. He's a cool owner.

He also does this thing where he replaces hats for any fan who throws their hat after a hat trick, even when it happens in not-Washington DC.

Slappy Pappy posted:

If the Olympics were today, and assuming all the likely Olympics participants from the Caps are allowed to participate, the lines during the Olympics would probably look something like this:

Shattenkirk was on team USA in 2014 too. Dunno if he'd make it in 2018 (or even re-sign with Washington) but it's possible he'd be gone too.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 4, 2017

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

Lol Ovi couldn't even pretend to care about the upcoming playoffs or anything. No wonder Russian players get stereotyped like that.
You're an idiot.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

I'm going to assume this is a drunkpost.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Which is considered the tougher league historically to score in, the WHL or OHL?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

What? He was asked about the Olympics. What is he supposed to say?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Which is considered the tougher league historically to score in, the WHL or OHL?
WHL

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

"I'd rather hear some cliche non-answer to a question about the playoffs than hear an unfiltered response to a recent controversial news item."

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
do you guys think Connor is going to hit 100 points

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I can't wait for all the hand-wringing when players go to the Olympics and the previous pro-Olympics fans are calling into question their players' integrity and dedication when they up and leave their teams for two weeks a month and a half before the playoffs

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Slappy Pappy posted:

gently caress yeah. I hope the Caps let all their players go and get medals. The Washington Capitals will not be good for 6 or 7 games without Ovechkin, Backstrom, Holtby, Kuznetsov, Carlson, Orlov, Johansson, Oshie (assuming he re-signs), Grubauer (assuming he's not snagged by LV) and maybe Vrana but who cares. I hope they put everyone on short-term IR and use the extra cap money to make some crazy UFA acquisitions. Let's see - who will be a UFA in 2018?

Tavares
Nash
Little
E Kane
Fowler
Hornqvist
Backlund
Turris

A boy can dream.

Brett Connolly-Lars Eller-Justin Williams
Chris Bourque-Travis Boyd-Andre Burakovsky
Daniel Winnik-Jay Beagle-Tom Wilson
Paul Carey-Chandler Stephenson-Riley Barber

Pheonix Copley
Vitek Vanacek

Looking at it like this makes the 2016-17 Pittsburgh Penguins that much more impressive.

FWIW USA should probably take Niskanen and Shattenkirk over Carlson, who has turned into a real pumpkin over the past two years.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I can't wait for all the hand-wringing when players go to the Olympics and the previous pro-Olympics fans are calling into question their players' integrity and dedication when they up and leave their teams for two weeks a month and a half before the playoffs

In hindsight, Ken Holland is a genius for locking up all those non-Olympians.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
The best two weeks of the Red Wings season when every other team is missing half their guys and the wings lose Abdelkader

Can it actually be the Olympics every day asking for a friend

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Teemu Pokemon posted:

if most of the good players go, the teams that really benefit are the bad ones without olympians

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think he tops out at 60-75 but it depends if he gets a lot of PP time with Laine

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

DJExile posted:

yeah Morin is up and he's got like 120 PIM in 68 AHL games this year. Someone likely gonna die

He likes boarding people, so there is a strong possibility of someone getting boarded tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

McDavid? I think so. He's playing his best hockey of the season right now, and his final 4 games are against 3 non-playoff teams (Kings, Canucks x2) and the struggling Sharks. I'm sure he'll get at least 6 points from those 4 games.

• Locked thread