Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

One would freaken hope so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Bleh Maestro posted:

What's a good 3rd party charger that won't blow up my system and has a long/non-stiff cable? Basically, completely unlike the included charger.

Get like 8 of these baby's and plug them in together.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Stux posted:

the crash bandicoot trilogy for ps4 which is replacing absolutely everything in the games in terms of assets but keeping the level layouts identical and bringing it all up to 4k is a remaster. remake vs remaster is a category however where yes, you could say trying to differentiate between the two may simply come down to semantics. however comparing that to a port absolutely isnt just "semantics".

This is a side point to the original argument this came up in, but tbh I really don't see at all why anyone should believe that the N Sane trilogy isn't a remake. Pretty much everything I've seen and read about what they plan to do for the collection sounds more or less like the remakes that Nintendo already does (not so much Majoras Mask 3D, but definitely closer to Ocarina of Time 3D and Star Fox 64 3d) or looking at the Halo 1 remake or etc.

Like, if anyone were to read only this quote from the director of the collection:

quote:

Using the original level geometry from Naughty Dog as a guide, we rebuilt the Crash gameplay from scratch, capturing its simplicity and precision. As the levels began to take shape, we layered in our own lush and zany art, animation, and audio.

I'd figure that most people would read this as remake rather than remaster given the words "rebuilt" and "our own art/animation/audio". Looking up Video Game Remake in wikipedia pretty much lines up with this too, and even the section for Video games on the Remasters article brings up how nebulous the term applies to video games.*

The only thing that really says it's a remaster is just cause Vicarious Visions seem to be calling it that themselves as a "remaster plus". Which is a super dumb term that sounds like it's purely marketing (which we've seen a lot here, given that this is the Nintendo thread).

*Obviously, Wikipedia isn't the end-all-be-all of definitions here

s.i.r.e. posted:

Make an extremely good game even though it wasn't the standard BK platformer? Nuts and Bolts owned.

Even taking Nuts and Bolts as it's own thing, the game is still rather tedious and never really fun to control imo. I'm super mixed on Rare platformers, but even I think Nuts and Bolts really just wasn't doing anything good execution wise.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Ventana posted:

Even taking Nuts and Bolts as it's own thing, the game is still rather tedious and never really fun to control imo. I'm super mixed on Rare platformers, but even I think Nuts and Bolts really just wasn't doing anything good execution wise.

I loved Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo Tooie, but I couldn't play more than an hour or two of Nuts and Bolts. That game sucked.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hope the Zelda DLC adds the hookshot

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I hope the map feature is a really awesome QOL improvement that makes everyone mad that it was delayed to be dlc months after they got done with the game.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm hoping for different colored map stamps, personally

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I don't get the claim that they're going to add enemy camp markers, that sounds so trivial

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Stan Taylor posted:

Also, now that we've actually played the game what do we think the dlc is gonna be. New map feature sounds like it could be a new collectible or type of structure to find, and a new dungeon sounds not great if it's gonna be essentially another Divine Beast. Those were by far my least favorite parts of the game. New game plus or hard mode sounds good as hell.

I liked the beasts just fine but they were not a substitute for a classic dungeon. The castle was the closest it came, in terms of complexity as well as feel, and above that still kept that BOTW exploration vibe with multiple paths and entrances. If it was another area like that I'd be happy.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ratbert90 posted:

I own a switch and have Snipper Clips and BOI. I have Zelda on the WiiU and don't plan on buying it for the Switch. :colbert:

that's a fair objection, but I'd wager you're an edge case

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Not a Children posted:

I don't get the claim that they're going to add enemy camp markers, that sounds so trivial

Wasn't that part of a leaked Nintendo direct script they were claiming would go it on April 1st?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Unmature posted:

Is there anything awesome that's only on the Japanese eshop right now?

Disgaea 5 if that's your thing

When you download it you'll get the English version, instead of the Japanese version.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nolgthorn posted:

Get like 8 of these baby's and plug them in together.

...then you have a six foot extension cord that you can safely plug your Switch charger into

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Infinitum posted:

Disgaea 5 if that's your thing

When you download it you'll get the English version, instead of the Japanese version.

What happens if I buy the physical version, if there is one of those? I guess that one would be jap only?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

What happens if I buy the physical version, if there is one of those? I guess that one would be jap only?

Probably yeah

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's probably got both versions of the text on it, just like Zelda does. Generally there's no reason to take out those files anymore.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

parallelodad posted:

It's probably got both versions of the text on it, just like Zelda does. Generally there's no reason to take out those files anymore.

Well at least a couple ebay sellers say it's jap only :smith:

This region free thing sounded good at first but now I'm just confused and frustrated. If I got a japanese account and bought it, would the game show up in my regular account's start screen?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

The US Disgaea games have always had both English and Japanese as mix and match for voice over and subs. It has an anime story, but if you do the end game stuff under 0.01% of your time playing it will involve the story if that's a turnoff. I have it on Playstation, and might pick it up again at some point for a mobile copy, but Persona just came out so I have something to do until Mario Kart already (just not on the switch).

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Basic reading ability? This is the true scandal!!!!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Disgaea 5 Japanese physical has English. It's the full game, voiced in English with English localization.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I've always wondered why someone would buy you a troll title with the most milquetoast Glenn death pic ever? I would have gone with something from the comic, which didn't give me any bad dreams but did make me stop reading the series regularly.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I've always wondered why someone would buy you a troll title with the most milquetoast Glenn death pic ever? I would have gone with something from the comic, which didn't give me any bad dreams but did make me stop reading the series regularly.

red text purchases are frequently (mostly) bad attempts at owns

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Speaking of Rare, Viva Piñata Switch would make me die a happy man.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The text isn't bad if it's real but like...why go soft on the picture?

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Well they weren't really lying by saying "Up to 13 GB".

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Well at least a couple ebay sellers say it's jap only :smith:

This region free thing sounded good at first but now I'm just confused and frustrated. If I got a japanese account and bought it, would the game show up in my regular account's start screen?

That is my understanding that everything shows up in the main screen but someone who's actually done it should say so.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah, I felt like the chosen pic was a huge mistake and they could have done better. A shame really.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The text isn't bad if it's real but like...why go soft on the picture?

It's real words I typed, the fact that someone though it was true still fills me with joy.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

CVagts posted:

I really wish that the HORI playstand wasn't on a 1-2 month backlog on Amazon. There are other stands, but all of the other ones block the vents on the back of the Switch. :(

Still catching up with the thread, but I ordered it and got it like a week after my order!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
The BotW dlc is going to be Fludd

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
With all the nozzles

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean Revali's Gale is sorta already like the rocket one.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Phantasium posted:

I mean Revali's Gale is sorta already like the rocket one.

And the paraglider is already like the hover nozzle, so we just need the turbo boost one! :flashfact:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Xad posted:

And the paraglider is already like the hover nozzle, so we just need the turbo boost one! :flashfact:

Let Sand Seals go anywhere.

Seriously they control better than the drat horses.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Xad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBvvMjxo6Eg&t=23s

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ratbert90 posted:

I own a switch and have Snipper Clips and BOI. I have Zelda on the WiiU and don't plan on buying it for the Switch. :colbert:

I'm buying it again once dlc hardmode comes out and doing my thorough playthru

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Wheany posted:

With all the nozzles

:vince:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Does anyone have the Switch backpack and if so does it fit a 14 inch laptop?

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

got my switch today thanks to HEB Grocery and someone in this thread. they did a good job packaging it too. thanks texas

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Cave Story+ has couch co-op with P2 as Curly Brace, holy poo poo

13:30 on this vid https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=876&v=uauqF_YSbFk

Millions fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

secret volcano lair posted:

got my switch today thanks to HEB Grocery and someone in this thread. they did a good job packaging it too. thanks texas

ya

• Locked thread