Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

real dilemma posted:

particularly for tournaments like starseries starting tomorrow, is there some conceivable way to know whether any matches were good games worth watching the VOD without the results being spoiled? for those of us who will be either sleeping or at work while all of the matches are being played

https://www.reddit.com/r/CSeventVODs/

The first day of matches for kato 17 were listed, and then every day after was listed in spoiler free format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

i communicated the required information in order to clutch the round in our favor

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

stump collector posted:

The "Luna hes there" strat

bind ; "say HE'S THERE"

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Audax posted:

My calls don't make sense since I routinely misname spots and I have the shittiest flashbangs out of anyone on sub.io

"That flashbangs did nothing" - King, about 3-6 times per half.

I've got a friend who, without fail, flashes at least 1-3 team members with a single flash. He does this at least 3-4 times per match, not on purpose either, his map awareness is just absolute poo poo. :v:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Must have zero real awareness too if he can't figure out how to stop owning his teammates

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
For matches use /r/cseventvods and look at the straw polls of the best matches.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Frantically shout "behind you!!" when dead so your teammates turn around and you can laugh at them.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

drunken officeparty posted:

Frantically shout "behind you!!" when dead so your teammates turn around and you can laugh at them.

Go with the more subtle, "you heard him"

stump collector
May 28, 2007
You saw him

He's there

Heaven

Upper

Ramp

Behind

He's there!!

Connector

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

it's diggity

surc
Aug 17, 2004

IT'S UPDOG!!!!

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

surc posted:

IT'S UPDOG!!!!

where's updog?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Garfu posted:

where's updog?

under there next to upgamer

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

What's the general opinion on uncertainty calls? I often catch myself saying things like "careful, they might be going [callout spot]" or "I think I heard one [callout spot]". Does it actually help or should I just keep quiet until I'm 100% sure of what the enemy is doing?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I think they are ok in moderation if you are calling uncommon spots. Like, if a CT has been holding a weird off angle I'll call out a warning.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
To avoid extra syllable clutter I just preface it with maybe. "Maybe ladder" "maybe jungle", gives the possibility information without using a whole sentence.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Garfu posted:

where's updog?

Not much, where's up with you?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Xenaero posted:

To avoid extra syllable clutter I just preface it with maybe. "Maybe ladder" "maybe jungle", gives the possibility information without using a whole sentence.

This isn't bad, but it's not meaning-vacant enough for my liking. The true calling connoisseur pulls out calls like "A side". It works on many levels:

1) It's vague enough that nobody can say whether your call was accurate or inaccurate
2) It sounds a lot like "A site", so if you actually say "A site" and they aren't there, you can pretend you said "A side"
3) It has an air of perhaps containing some useful information, when in reality it has none. It allows you to contribute without actually knowing anything at all.
4) It's a convenient catch all for 49% of the entire map. Another 49% is "B side", and the last 2% is variations on "mid" or "connector".

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
ive considered using a mic just to let me teammates know all the sound cues the enemy made that they missed

but i prefer to let them know in text after the round is over

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
No one reads that

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why is the little corner under A on d2 called elevator

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

You boost teammates up there like an elevator. It's also called Closet because you go in there with your boyfriend.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Because you can boost a teammate into the site from there, hence "elevator".

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

VelociBacon posted:

You boost teammates up there like an elevator. It's also called Closet because you go in there with your boyfriend.

ive been asking this question for weeks and noone would tell me this thank you so much pal

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
How calling out positions to rotating teammates work in pugs:

Someone kills me from X.
Me: "One at X"
20 seconds later, the teammate is finally arriving, and the opponent kills him from Y.
Teammate: "He wasn't at X!!!"
Me: "..."

szary
Mar 12, 2014
My favourite "HES THERE" video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOfPb_7xxXA

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
I got this today

Oh yeah.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

:laffo: holy gently caress that dude is blind.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
CLG will be the best NA team soon

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Went into halftime 3-12. Things were looking bad. Won the game 16-13. I'm not kidding when I say we won like 11 rounds in a row.

The best part was how the other team talked sooo much poo poo then ended up calling us hackers. Eat poo poo, other team.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Two things about starseries:

The break music surprisingly doesn't annoy me.

I like the highlights of previous matches they play during the break.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Starseries owns this tourney owns fnatic's back baby

e: unfortunately gambit are super shook or starix has ruined their team temporarily. they don't know how to throw nades for each other anymore.

stump collector fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 4, 2017

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Reminder that G2 is playing their first LAN game in a bit. They haven't even been that bad online after their disastrous 1-8 start in EPL (I think they're like 6-8 now)

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Smol posted:

Reminder that G2 is playing their first LAN game in a bit. They haven't even been that bad online after their disastrous 1-8 start in EPL (I think they're like 6-8 now)

I'm gonna try and reverse psychology the universe and predict that they get poo poo on.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Possibly, but on the other hand, it's only NiP, so. :shrug:

What I'm interested in is what the new G2's map pool looks like. Are they still a d2/cobblestone/cache team, or have they been able to expand their arsenal? Inferno used to be a great map for them in 2015, so perhaps they will start to gravitate towards it.

Smol fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Apr 4, 2017

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

Smol posted:

We'll seems like NiP is not having good time right now.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Where's that idiot with the bad liquid tattoo. He should have gone to this guys artist.

Full control my friend

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Somebody post the tattoo again

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
yeah, post that losers's tat.

Adbot