Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

berzerkmonkey posted:

They said right out of the gate that you could use your gangs

berzerkmonkey posted:

Gangs will certainly get their assess handed to them in many cases, but that's the way it should be.

"The original minis are supported in a PDF but have been made to be deliberately and definitively worse than all the new ones, and that's a good thing and not a cash grab, not at all similar to a certain set of aquatted warscrolls"

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Shadow Wars is not necromunda at all.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

TTerrible posted:

Shadow Wars is not necromunda at all.

We've always been at war with Eurasia

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

NTRabbit posted:

"The original minis are supported in a PDF but have been made to be deliberately and definitively worse than all the new ones, and that's a good thing and not a cash grab, not at all similar to a certain set of aquatted warscrolls"

I don't understand why you're complaining. If you want to play Necromunda with you old Necromunda gangs, why not, just, y'know, do that?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Guy Goodbody posted:

If you want to play Necromunda with you old Necromunda gangs, why not, just, y'know, do that?

"FYGM"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

But you got yours! You have Necromunda! If you like Necromunda, keep playing Necromunda! Be excited for the rumored upcoming new Necromunda! Shadow Wars does not effect your ability to play Necromunda at all.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Shadow wars looks pretty fun and I'm gonna go over to my parents and dig up some IG guys to make a team I think.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Guy Goodbody posted:

But you got yours! You have Necromunda! If you like Necromunda, keep playing Necromunda! Be excited for the rumored upcoming new Necromunda! Shadow Wars does not effect your ability to play Necromunda at all.

What's there to be excited about? It's a rerelease of an extremely dated 20 year old rule set that wasn't even a good game when it was released, just with different teams to encourage people to invest more money. Massive case of nostalgia over reality, especially when so many actually good skirmish games have been released in recent years. It's an almost pavlovian response to everything they release now.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Guy Goodbody posted:

But you got yours! You have 8th ed! If you like 8th ed, keep playing 8th ed! Be excited for the rumored upcoming new AoS! AoS does not effect your ability to play 8th ed at all.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

call it Newcromunda please

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

What's there to be excited about? It's a rerelease of an extremely dated 20 year old rule set that wasn't even a good game when it was released, just with different teams to encourage people to invest more money. Massive case of nostalgia over reality, especially when so many actually good skirmish games have been released in recent years. It's an almost pavlovian response to everything they release now.

You seem a little down in the dumps there my fellow poster. Have you tried playing the game? I haven't personally but I can see how it could be fun :)

People having fun is good!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Hixson posted:

You seem a little down in the dumps there my fellow poster. Have you tried playing the game? I haven't personally but I can see how it could be fun :)

People having fun is good!

Depends on the fun

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

LordAbaddon posted:

Depends on the fun

*people having fun playing good miniature games by good miniature companies such as Games Workshop is good!!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Hixson posted:

*people having fun playing good miniature games by good miniature companies such as Games Workshop is good!!

As long as you're having fun!

That is unless you're not. You keep saying you're having fun right so it must be true? You spent all this money to have fun so clearly you must be having it right? Theres no niggling little doubts in the back of your mind, right? No small little voice that keeps whispering doubts in your ears, that you try to drown out with more model purchases and loudly defending your chosen game from all people who dare question that the game you're playing might not be fun. How could they not see it right? Clearly the game MUST be fun or else all that money and time you sunk into was all wasted, and of course that can't be true because you don't waste money or time...........right?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

LordAbaddon posted:

As long as you're having fun!

That is unless you're not. You keep saying you're having fun right so it must be true? You spent all this money to have fun so clearly you must be having it right? Theres no niggling little doubts in the back of your mind, right? No small little voice that keeps whispering doubts in your ears, that you try to drown out with more model purchases and loudly defending your chosen game from all people who dare question that the game you're playing might not be fun. How could they not see it right? Clearly the game MUST be fun or else all that money and time you sunk into was all wasted, and of course that can't be true because you don't waste money or time...........right?

Right!!

Edit: :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If you can have fun with a thing, there must not be any other thing that is better.

If someone says there's a better thing, that is clearly an attempt to invalidate your fun you had. They're just haters. Or perhaps they are mentally ill. I mean why would anyone want to discuss things? Talking about different aspects of things, what makes them better or worse, that's all just pathetic and worthy of ridicule.

Over and over. Be sure to ridicule people discussing things. They're so sad. Right?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

NTRabbit posted:

Then why do you care that the old Necromunda gangs aren't competitive in it?!

Necromunda has been dead for a decade. They didn't blow up the Underhive to make the setting of Shadow Wars. They didn't release a bunch of new Necromunda stuff a couple months ago before invalidating Necromunda with Shadow Wars. Shadow Wars doesn't replace Shadow Wars. If anything, all signs point to Shadow Wars being a test run for a new edition of Necromunda.

You people have loving brain problems. NTRabbit said it best,

NTRabbit posted:

It's an almost pavlovian response to everything they release now.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Guys, all i'm saying is I like having fun playing games and I like when others do too.

I'm sorry if this offends you I can stop

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Leperflesh posted:

If you can have fun with a thing, there must not be any other thing that is better.

If someone says there's a better thing, that is clearly an attempt to invalidate your fun you had. They're just haters. Or perhaps they are mentally ill. I mean why would anyone want to discuss things? Talking about different aspects of things, what makes them better or worse, that's all just pathetic and worthy of ridicule.

Over and over. Be sure to ridicule people discussing things. They're so sad. Right?

This is disingenuous. The whole point of this thread, and it's not infrequent sorties into the 40k thread, is to obsessively sneer at people who enjoy something, and try to belittle and, ultimately, spoil that enjoyment. Telling people there is something they might like is a million miles away from telling people they don't like what they like. The latter seemingly being this thread's raison d'etre.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

This but unironically for my favorite sports teams

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

Because the people in this circle jerk of a thread exist solely to complain and hear others agree with them.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbgGIy3kKiM

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

This is disingenuous. The whole point of this thread, and it's not infrequent sorties into the 40k thread--

oh my god gently caress off with this poo poo lol

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
hi moola here is a nws image for you i hope you like it http://i.imgur.com/XbVsnCa.png

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

This is disingenuous. The whole point of this thread, and it's not infrequent sorties into the 40k thread, is to obsessively sneer at people who enjoy something, and try to belittle and, ultimately, spoil that enjoyment. Telling people there is something they might like is a million miles away from telling people they don't like what they like. The latter seemingly being this thread's raison d'etre.

We mostly used it as a TG chat thread and occasionally chuckle over dumb poo poo GW did. That ratio changes depending on how bad/not bad the latest GW thing is. The steam punk dorfs got a split of people liking them and disliking them and we managed not to descend into skull splitting cannabilism till people came in to tell us how awful we are for not enjoying GW. Also how does it spoil other people's enjoyment when we us this thread specifically to not tread in other threads where people who enjoy those games are :confused:

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Honest question, what (tabletop) games have posters played in the past 6 months? I've played:

-6mm Black Powder
-a Victory is Vengeance campaign
-30k, at 1500, 1850, 2k, 2.5k and 3k points
-Warmachine, at 0, 25 and 75 points.

I had fun with all the games at all the point levels :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah except that's not true.

There might be one or two specific posters who do what you describe, but that's not what this thread is. Especially when it's not suddenly populated by a handful of newcomers bound and determined to prove that that's what this thread is via shitposting.

And this thread has never organized an invasion of the 40k thread or anywhere else.

I think if you want to call out specific people for doing something obnoxious or objectionable, go for it. If there's a problem, it's not the GW Death Thread, though.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Avenging Dentist posted:

hi moola here is a nws image for you i hope you like it http://i.imgur.com/XbVsnCa.png

Thank you this was a good pic

would click again! A+

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Guy Goodbody posted:

I too, am mad that Games Workshop's new game doesn't support models that have been out of production for 20 years

Leperflesh posted:

If there's a problem, it's not the GW Death Thread, though.

*Looks at last 30 pages of thread*

Disagree, friendo

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Honest question, what (tabletop) games have posters played in the past 6 months? I've played:

-6mm Black Powder

- Infinity escalation league and pick up games
- Descent (Thanks for the recommendation Moola!)
- Kings of War

Unfortunately I don't really have time for more games with having three (soon four!) jobs and fathering a three year old with a new one coming

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

*Looks at last 30 pages of thread*

Disagree, friendo

Yeah some shitposters came in and turned the thread to poo poo for 30 pages, so obviously the problem is the thread regulars.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

E: couldn't upload the WIP pic :(

Check out this WIP tram I'm going to use for terrain in Infinity. I painted it to look like the trams in my home town.

Also I went to the toy store yesterday and had to pause for a moment and consider getting a garbage truck or semi for the same use

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

-6mm Black Powder

Infinity a bunch, and a bunch of Infinity tournaments. I wanna get into Dropzone commander though. That and Dropfleet look pretty drat sweet. Paying for a wedding and recently helped pay for a family members home renovations to make their home friendlier for their special needs daughter. So I am not flush with cash at the moment.

I also played Kings of War a few times, then sold my Orc army. I did that because I actually like a bunch of the Mantic models and want to grab some of their undead. I figured I wouldn't be able to sell my GW orcs once the AoS market for old orks collapsed. It took me a long time, but I finally sold them. I wasn't able to sell my Lizardmen, but that's mostly cool with me because they'll be useful for the forces of nature army that I wanna do. I also somehow picked up some GW tree people as part of a trade way back when (for old Blood Angles minis maybe?), so I could use them in my FoN list eventually too.

But as I said, busy with wedding planning. So at the moment Infinity is my main game because I can focus on painting one model at a time, the games are quick and I can always get a game in when I want.

E: plus I'm a sex pervert and butttttts

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

-6mm Black Powder

X-wing

Descent

Zombiecide

Zombies

I had fun playing all of them

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I ordered "A Distant Plain" and I will soon be playing a counterinsurgency game with multiple factions and trying to reskin it for star wars.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Sir Teabag posted:

Infinity a bunch, and a bunch of Infinity tournaments. I wanna get into Dropzone commander though.
I've got a buddy who plays - I think the concept is great, and I'd really like to play Dropfleet (aka BFG 2.0) but, for the love of God, all I see on a DZC table is a shitload of giant boxes that obscure all of the models. It's unfortunate too, since some people paint some really nice armies.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mansions of Madness second edition is real good but you have to house rule the insanity cards because those are real dumb and ruin an otherwise fun game.

The monster models suck but you just use the cardboard squares with the art on them and it's totally fine.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Skipped 10 pages of shitposts to say:

Stay safe, thread cat.

You're doing the Lord's work, LF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Dropfleet looks really cool

• Locked thread