Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Apparently the first 3 missions of Dishonored 2 are going to be F2P beginning on 4/6 for all platforms so I'm going to wait on buying anything new until checking that out.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/3/15162054/dishonored-2-free-weekend-ps4-xbox-one-pc-steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Apparently the first 3 missions of Dishonored 2 are going to be F2P beginning on 4/6 for all platforms so I'm going to wait on buying anything new until checking that out.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/3/15162054/dishonored-2-free-weekend-ps4-xbox-one-pc-steam

loving sweet, I've been holding off on it too.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I bounced off Dishonored 2 real hard. The stealth felt real bad to me. Gonna try it again. Maybe try the guy not the gal.

(I loved Dishonored 1)LOVED

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I felt like dishonored 2 was technically better than the first in just about every regard but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much for some inexplicable reason.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I felt like dishonored 2 was technically better than the first in just about every regard but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much for some inexplicable reason.

The whole start to where I stopped was during the day. I got spotted super easy. And the overwhelming amount of collectables felt like a lovely ubisoft openworld map every time did that vision mode.

Ive been waiting til I was really in the mood for it to try again, but the The Golden Era of 2017 happened (is happening) so I have not had an inch of gametime without tons of games I really want to play available.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 4, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I've never played the original Dishonored so I'm going into it with no expectations. Is it more natural to play with a controller or mkb?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

I've never played the original Dishonored so I'm going into it with no expectations. Is it more natural to play with a controller or mkb?

I found it more natural to play with mouse and keyboard personally, you should really play the first game though, it's excellent and pretty drat cheap nowadays and has good DLC

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
A game I didn't know was on the horizon that Polygon & Gamesradar just informed me of is the PS4 exclusive Spiderman that looks fuckin' NUTS. The only trailers I can find are from E3 last year but since its coming from insomniac i have high hopes for the quality & craftsmanship. Just give me webslinging and Luchadore/WWE wrestling moves and keep the loving HUD/Mini-map off the loving screen if at all possible.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Polygon posted:

Ryan Penagos, vice president and executive editor of Marvel Digital Media, confirmed that Spider-Man would be coming to PS4 later this year, along with a couple of other Marvel games.

quote:

Update: Insomniac Games this morning said there is no estimated timeframe for the game’s release, despite Marvel stating otherwise.

*sigh*

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Same. The story is basically an outline with no twists and the gameplay is the same as before only now if you get caught its way easier to just murder everyone immediately

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I really want to pick up Persona. I keep meaning to try a good JRPG (i love fire emblem and pokemon, but otherwise haven't really played through one) and hearing everyone rave about it makes it sound interesting but loving hell, hearing the length of the game is super long is really intimidating. Especially given all the other stuff that's out there this year.

if a game being really long intimidates you, jrpgs probably aren't gonna be your thing. 30-40 hours is on the short end of the scale for that genre

you have a 3ds apparently so I'd suggest trying something like bravely default or smt4 there instead

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bombadilillo posted:

How long it Nier with all endings abouts? I really wanna play and gamefly is dropping the ball over here.

It took me 33 hours to do all the main endings. I did almost all the sidequests but not all the collection stuff or the secret side boss

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I'm excited to try out Dishonored 2, love the first one but was waiting for the second to get cheap.

veni veni veni posted:

They are still tied to some kind of PSVR content afaik. I wouldn't be surprised if the confirmed upcoming AC game had some sort of VR mode. I hope it's a whole game though.

I will literally drop $400 on PSVR if they put out a VR King's Field anthology.

Bloodborne sold great because a month earlier people played The Order: 1886 and realized the PS4 exclusive Victorian dark fantasy werewolf hunting blood cult genre could only go up from there.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 4, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Cerepol posted:

Basically every dedicated PC digital storefront performs faster than the PSN and it annoys me.

That's fair. I forgot that Battle.net :rip: is super fast. Blizzard knows their CDN poo poo I guess.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

Bloodborne sold great because a month earlier people played The Order: 1886 and realized the PS4 exclusive Victorian dark fantasy werewolf hunting blood cult genre could only go up from there.

A tale or two developers starting from the same elevator pitch.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure that my copy of Bloodborne came with an ad for 1886 in the case.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Manatee Cannon posted:

if a game being really long intimidates you, jrpgs probably aren't gonna be your thing. 30-40 hours is on the short end of the scale for that genre

you have a 3ds apparently so I'd suggest trying something like bravely default or smt4 there instead

Too late friend, as I am now the owner of a brand new Persona 5 thanks to a trip to the game store at lunch. I now own a real JRPG so after 11 years on the forum, I'm finally a True Goon.

Seriously though watching the videos and all that it looks slick as hell so I figure if I'm ever gonna try one, this is as good as any.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Literally the only reason that I'm not getting P5 is that I need to graduate from college and I accidentally just played Nioh then Horizon then Nier: Automata back to back instead of focusing on school. I'll get P5 when I get a job.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Snak posted:

Literally the only reason that I'm not getting P5 is that I need to graduate from college and I accidentally just played Nioh then Horizon then Nier: Automata back to back instead of focusing on school. I'll get P5 when I get a job.

My master's thesis needs to be ready by the end of the month and here I am playing Persona 5

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Ill defend the Order. I got it from redbox for $3 and beat it in an afternoon, which is the way to play it. It was a fine little dumb shootmans campaign. Its as good as any COD campaign in recent memory if your in that mood.

(Now that Doom and TF2 exist you have better choices) but Its not as bad as its reputation. Short and a'ight.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Snak posted:

Persona will prepare you for the real world and how everyone is a lovely monster who wants to exploit you except your close anime friends.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Snak posted:

Jokes on you there are no jobs

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Jokes on you there are no jobs

Great, that means I'll have lot of time to play Persona 5 after my thesis is done

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

First person vr Bloodborne sounds like a good way to projectile vomit everywhere.

Don't be silly, we're talking about first person VR King's Field.

No graphics updates or anything, just old school PSX polygon glory :kheldragar:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

There's a PS4/3 Humble Bundle of THQ titles. I don't really know many of these titles besides the Darksiderses but nothing's really catching my attention and everyone in this thread has like five 40+ hours games in their backlog already.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

There's a PS4/3 Humble Bundle of THQ titles. I don't really know many of these titles besides the Darksiderses but nothing's really catching my attention and everyone in this thread has like five 40+ hours games in their backlog already.

Just five? Lol

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Between the demo coming, and the fact it's already €25 new here physically, I get the impression Dishonoured 2 didn't sell too well.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

Just five? Lol

I have like 30 because I've just bought a PS4 and I keep getting games on sale and I've only beat 3 of them :shepface:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Seedge posted:

Between the demo coming, and the fact it's already €25 new here physically, I get the impression Dishonoured 2 didn't sell too well.

I never got the impression that the original Dishonored was some big blockbuster either, but a game that a lot of people bought for like $5 off Steam and ended up enjoying.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seedge posted:

It got pretty buried among a lot of massive releases.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Seedge posted:

My friend and I were just saying this seems to herald a substantial price drop. It's only gone down to $60 CDN a couple times:

https://psprices.com/region-ca/game/988325/dishonored-2

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/yokotaro/status/849292882741567488

:unsmith:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's pretty cool and I'm really glad that the game did well. hopefully it did well enough to justify more collabs between him and platinum because competent gameplay was always what yoko taro games needed

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Hope no one wanted to stream Persona 5 anytime soon. Outside of disabling PS4 native broadcasting and screenshots, Atlus went full on stupid and are going after anyone who streams past 7/7 in game with copyright strikes.

http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Send fairly reasonable to me :shrug:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Send fairly reasonable to me :shrug:

7/7 as in the in-game date 7/7. The ban is continuing indefinitely.

It'd be like if SE issued a permanent moratorium against streaming Nier Automata past Ending B.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the game has been out in japan since last year, so anyone that wants those spoilers can find them either way

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
They don't want people watching the game instead of playin it

Snak fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 4, 2017

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

He deserves it, what a great game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Just got the last main ending in N:automata. Such a good game.