Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

you joke, but they don't even need a reason to deny you entry. it's not like you have a right to it. SA(specifically LF) already has a history with the secret service for death threats to the president, SA has a huge anti-democratic and anti-american user base and it made that yakety sax 9/11 video. for some border agents, that's more that enough reason to deny entry.

the NSA probably has more than enough surveillance data to connect your real name with every post you ever made on the internet. if they get their poo poo together, it would be trivial to make a database of everything you ever said on the internet

I used to think in the back of my head my off-color searches and postings could be linked to me publicly if I ran for office one day and possibly be compromising but I don't worry about it anymore because Donald Trump is president of the United States lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Hello NSA it's me Chomp8645 (you know who that is!). I just wanted to say for the record that I lol'ed vigorously at tribute.wmv, the famous youtube video that made light of our national tragedy to the tune of Yakety Sax.

Also America deserved 9/11.

I think it's actually illegal for the NSA to collect surveillance data on Americans. Also, you don't need permission to enter the US anyway as a citizen, you can just come and go whenever you want.

You gotta be eurotrash or worse for this to work. Watch this:

America STINKS!

:boom:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

XMNN posted:

did you give them your sa name

They went straight for my pictures and my WhatsApp. Went to my texts first and asked, "Did you delete all your texts before coming here?"

No, I just don't text. Who the hell texts.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm going to ask for my friends to all mms me dick pics! Haha! That'll show the TSA! Look at my phone, will ya?!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

I think it's actually illegal for the NSA to collect surveillance data on Americans. Also, you don't need permission to enter the US anyway as a citizen, you can just come and go whenever you want.

You gotta be eurotrash or worse for this to work. Watch this:

America STINKS!

:boom:

It's legal to collect "metadata". The CIA can't operate domestically, that may be what you're thinking of

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
ok, METASUCK my drat balls, OP

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm a lily white Dutchman and they did this poo poo to me 6 months ago, so no.

I got hardcore interrogated for over 30 minutes flying into Heathrow back in 2009 as a blond haired blue eyed American where every other place I've ever been has been a nod a smile and a stamp. They wanted detailed explanations of my relationships with anyone I was in contact with in recent days even wanted my income and tax information to corroborate that I was not going there for under the table work even tho my ticket out was for a week later lol

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

emoji posted:

I got hardcore interrogated for over 30 minutes flying into Heathrow back in 2009 as a blond haired blue eyed American where every other place I've ever been has been a nod a smile and a stamp. They wanted detailed explanations of my relationships with anyone I was in contact with in recent days even wanted my income and tax information to corroborate that I was not going there for under the table work even tho my ticket out was for a week later lol

I brought a guitar because I was staying with a friend for 2 months and she's a musician too. TSA immediately assumed I came to America to busk on the streets.

Don't flatter yourself, America.

Trump lol

e: In their defense somewhat, they didn't ask for my income and tax information because that sounds even worse.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

turn off the TV posted:

A value added tax could be a very good idea and a carbon tax would be a very good idea for the Democrats.

Any republican VAT tax will probably have an exemption for purchases over $1000.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
VAT tax is just another form of sales tax which is an extremely regressive tax that unfairly favors the wealthy.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/848974228787527680

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

NotWearingPants posted:

Any republican VAT tax will probably have an exemption for purchases over $1000.

Oh for sure it's going to be god drat awful if they do it, but in the hands of a government not comprised of machiavellian psychopaths it could be good.

TBH I hope they do pass a VAT and Carbon tax and lose both houses bigly.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

ElGroucho posted:

I'm going to ask for my friends to all mms me dick pics! Haha! That'll show the TSA! Look at my phone, will ya?!
2017, the year of the Goatselfie.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

"don't be proud, take the scraps"

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

lol at the sharpie scribble signature

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Capital one? Fuckin tacky as hell

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

:perfect:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Feminasty Slut posted:

lol at the sharpie scribble signature

That's not a signature, it's the results of the seismograph when Donald Trump fell over during his last golf trip.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

COMRADES posted:

VAT tax is just another form of sales tax which is an extremely regressive tax that unfairly favors the wealthy.

Right, which is why the idea is to replace the sales tax with the VAT. Consumers end up paying about the same and it's much harder to cheat, at least hypothetically. You could also probably tax certain goods, materials and services at different rates.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You already can't really cheat a sales tax tho

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

lilljonas posted:

That's not a signature, it's the results of the seismograph when Donald Trump fell over during his last golf trip.

that's a lmao

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Mister uh... Abdul? Checking your phone records I see that you posted a few craigslist ads claiming you wanted to "drop a few fat loads onto an american's rear end"? Do you have explosives on your person?

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Blue Train posted:

You already can't really cheat a sales tax tho

Are you not familiar with "cash"

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

I'm never traveling across international lines without a phone loaded with 64 GB worth of pictures of my own balls and taint from now on

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Are you not familiar with "cash"

Sales tax gets factored in by the store at the point of sale, an individual would need the vendor to be complicit and at that point you could game vat the same way

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Blue Train posted:

Sales tax gets factored in by the store at the point of sale, an individual would need the vendor to be complicit and at that point you could game vat the same way

Yeah, that's exactly the point. VAT is good for end point consumers because they basically can't cheat the sales tax. Retailers can, and do. So a VAT, that tracks goods at every step of the way to market, makes that type of fraud much more difficult.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ah ok I just misunderstood what you meant

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Why not a flat tax lol?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Donald Trump is the president, and gets his daily intel briefing from fox and friends lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Burt Sexual posted:

Why not a flat tax lol?

I guess probably because that would generate pretty much no income.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/848543563604312064

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I brought a guitar because I was staying with a friend for 2 months and she's a musician too. TSA immediately assumed I came to America to busk on the streets.

lol awesome

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

turn off the TV posted:

Yeah, that's exactly the point. VAT is good for end point consumers because they basically can't cheat the sales tax. Retailers can, and do. So a VAT, that tracks goods at every step of the way to market, makes that type of fraud much more difficult.

What retailer cheats sales tax? If I look at my receipt and the tax they charged me is different than what the sales tax actually is they're in a huge heap of trouble. If they pay the state or IRS less than their accounting says they took for taxes, they're also in a huge heap of trouble.

The VAT is favored because the taxation happens at every point in the supply chain versus just at the end point which means a more even distribution of tax money. Of course the costs for the middlemen (the vendors and whatever) are just passed on to the consumer. The only group that benefits is the governments/municipalities who were previously cut out of the tax revenue (because the middlemen have resale certificates thus pay no sales tax on their inventory) at the expense of more onerous accounting and paperwork for businesses.

But my point was that a sales tax should not exist in either form because it is unfairly favoring the wealthy and damaging to the economy.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Apr 4, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
If you're friends with Pee
Well, then you're friends with me.
If you're down with Pee
Well, then you're down with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi-H6ohY37k

Cyrillic subtitles turned out to be prescient.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

What if you legit don't have a Facebook account? "Sir give us your Facebook account info. Oh you don't have one? Ok."

What if you lie about not having a Facebook account? "Sir give us your Facebook account info. Oh you don't have one? Ok."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

no fb no entry

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you don't confirm Donald's friend request you're not going anywhere buddy.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What if you legit don't have a Facebook account? "Sir give us your Facebook account info. Oh you don't have one? Ok."

What if you lie about not having a Facebook account? "Sir give us your Facebook account info. Oh you don't have one? Ok."

You can say whatever you like, but if they find any discrepancy whatsoever they won't let you into the country. If you say you don't have one and they do a 2 second search and find a picture of you on there, you get a big ol' denied stamp.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

COMRADES posted:

What retailer cheats sales tax? If I look at my receipt and the tax they charged me is different than what the sales tax actually is they're in a huge heap of trouble. If they pay the state or IRS less than their accounting says they took for taxes, they're also in a huge heap of trouble.

The VAT is favored because the taxation happens at every point in the supply chain versus just at the end point which means a more even distribution of tax money. Of course the costs for the middlemen (the vendors and whatever) are just passed on to the consumer. The only group that benefits is the governments/municipalities who were previously cut out of the tax revenue (because the middlemen have resale certificates thus pay no sales tax on their inventory) at the expense of more onerous accounting and paperwork for businesses.

But my point was that a sales tax should not exist in either form because it is unfairly favoring the wealthy and damaging to the economy.

Depends on what you tax and how you redistribute it.

Also lol orange clown man Donald T Rump is president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

It will be fun explaining why I follow that "DIY bombs & drones in Syria" Twitter account.