Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
How well does this game run on the PS3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arrrthritis posted:

How well does this game run on the PS3?

Little bit more pop in and loading screens otherwise you're fine

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The STORAGE box under the shelf isn't giving me the DLC items it's supposed to, but I'm guessing that's because it's only 4/11 and they'll open later?

I really only care cause 50k for selling a Soma sounds rad as hell

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Moltrey posted:

The STORAGE box under the shelf isn't giving me the DLC items it's supposed to, but I'm guessing that's because it's only 4/11 and they'll open later?

I really only care cause 50k for selling a Soma sounds rad as hell

You'll get to use it after i think 4/14 yeah

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Alright, cool. I figured it either be your first free day or whenever you got to open the menu

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

JT Jag posted:

I think everyone has had their turn to say this, but wow, Kamoshida is a real piece of poo poo huh

Yeah, I knew he was gonna be an rear end in a top hat and I knew I this game threw dark, but dang. P5 throws dark

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
My new favorite thing about this game is going "new number who dis" whenever a character texts me

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

JT Jag posted:

I think everyone has had their turn to say this, but wow, Kamoshida is a real piece of poo poo huh

Broad terms dude, say "the gym teacher is a piece of poo poo"

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
How come Morgana sounds like a little boy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Because he is a male, and a cat, and tiny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he is a boy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

He's a boy

I've told you this before

I even put in the OP

He has a penis

Maybe

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Spoilers the game does not confirm if Morgana has a huge schlong

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Yeah but like I thought his voice would be more... mascot-ish? Idk something like how Teddie sounded

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He says WAGA HAI a lot in the JP version that's the closest he comes to dumb mascot talk

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah but like I thought his voice would be more... mascot-ish? Idk something like how Teddie sounded

im glad he just sounds like a character and not a dumb mascot

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
He made one cat pun so far but it's a lot less than I was expecting

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

JT Jag posted:

My new favorite thing about this game is going "new number who dis" whenever a character texts me

I like that the early game fairly consistently lets you gently caress with Ryoji by pretending not to know things; my favorite dialogue choices in Persona 4 were the ones that involved screwing with Yosuke (like being eager to participate in the Miss Yasogami pageant)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I always had the impression that Morganna was a deliberate contrast from Teddie in that he is just a Cat who is also a Person and he is there to Get poo poo Done and not dance for your trivial amewsement you impurrdent swine

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 4, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That is Morgana in a nutshell, yeah. He of course does have his sillier moments, but he's an actual character still.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

So far Morgana is the expert thief who is training you amateurs in his pro techniques. He's basically the mentor and the most goal-oriented and focused of everyone. And also he's a small cat that hangs out in your backpack.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Igor sounds like Kevin Conroy with a mega cold in this one.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Quote this post if there's no time for that.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
game is good so far but I still like bear puns better than cat puns

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

game is good so far but I still like bear puns better than cat puns

Are they not amewsing enough for you? Do you find them unbearable?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Captain Baal posted:

He's the best antagonist in the game

Well that's disappointing. Personally I find him a bit over the top.

Then again, I didn't really care much for the central antagonist in P3 and P4 either.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

theblackw0lf posted:

Well that's disappointing. Personally I find him a bit over the top.

Then again, I didn't really care much for the central antagonist in P3 and P4 either.

You might like others, there's still some strong stuff and one other antagonist I'd say is as good but you might find them over the top as well. I like the antagonists from the late game a lot too, but Kamoshida is when I found myself most invested in the story, because it's the most I've legitimately hated an antagonist in a game that felt like it was making the story actually engaging in a while.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Kamoshida's kinda hot imo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's got the jawline of a god

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
bruh's got a chin the size of a small moon and his hair looks like a mountain started falling apart cause of erosion

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
for real tho, im glad the cgi model of jim carry from the mask is still getting work

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kamoshida's voice is the only so far I will say is outright better than the JP voice, DC Douglas is just too good.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
they were gonna use kamoshida's chin as a model for jay leno's wax sculpture but even they were like "this is a little much"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
no joke though, Palace Kamoshida's voice is really good, dub is solid so far

(i could not find the jpn audio in the options and i heard it's low quality too?)

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
wheres all the tap soda man, I need more SP and the school only sells weak poo poo in the vending machines

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

wheres all the tap soda man, I need more SP and the school only sells weak poo poo in the vending machines

Learn to make coffee, my friend.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I found some in the Courtyard vending machine at the school, but that's it so far. Seems like they're limited too...

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Are there any missing features in the PS3 version or is it just lower resolution and longer loading times the only difference?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No missing features just the issues you stated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GAMES> PERSONA 5: the ps3 version is the same