Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i beat breath of the wild i guess since since i completed all the main quests. whew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Steins;gate 0. It's definitely worth playing if you liked the first one, but it's not really as good. Also, the Go Go Curry product placement scenes were super obnoxious. It's fine overall.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

8: Breath of the Wild

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Good game, I enjoyed it the more I ignored most of the side missions.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Nier, all endings

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I beat Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Good game, I enjoyed it the more I ignored most of the side missions.

Hm, maybe I should get back into it and do the same. I remember getting into the second/forested area, but I got burnt-out as I was doing a lot of the side missions.
I loved the nemesis system though - it's so disappointing that nobody else has picked that up and used it in their own games.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Rain World

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Major Isoor posted:

Hm, maybe I should get back into it and do the same. I remember getting into the second/forested area, but I got burnt-out as I was doing a lot of the side missions.
I loved the nemesis system though - it's so disappointing that nobody else has picked that up and used it in their own games.

same here, Isoor

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Persona 5. Just kidding

Soral
May 30, 2009

shovel knight, plague of shadows, and specter of torment

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Oh, I beat the Battle Brothers (Noble War) end-game crisis in the last few days. I like my current merc band too much though, so instead of stopping I've continued on with my campaign, and will end up being smashed by another crisis sooner or later (I suspect it will be a huge undead uprising, but could be anything at this point. I'm currently around 170 days in)

As of last night I've also beaten the Battle Brothers (Undead Scourge) endgame. Not looking forward to the Orc invasion one though, as they're tough in this game.
My poor, squishy mercenaries :ohdear:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Soral posted:

shovel knight, plague of shadows, and specter of torment

which one did you like best, out of curiosity?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

breath of the wild (27.12% completion). wht a fuckin ride

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Fungah! posted:

breath of the wild (27.12% completion). wht a fuckin ride

It keeps going (content), if you turn the console back on. Trust me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rediscover posted:

It keeps going (content), if you turn the console back on. Trust me

its still my train game until i get all th shrines but ive got persona comin tomorrow and im borrowing nier soon, ive got content for days

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Fungah! posted:

its still my train game until i get all th shrines but ive got persona comin tomorrow and im borrowing nier soon, ive got content for days

Yah that's where I'm thinking I'll finally put the game down for a little while. I still have fun playing it but I know by the time I finish all shrines (doing as many side quests as possible along the way ofc) I'll prolly be burned out. But man what a fuckin game

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Parappa The Rapper Remastered. They prettied up the visuals a bit but I don't think they updated the sound at all lol. They added a thing where the controller vibrates to the beat of the the song which is cool. The story is for literal toddlers.

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Nier Automata. Time 39:57. Got endings A-E and K. Might get all the weapons later.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wario Land II on 3DS VC, including the bonus challenge level which I have no memory of doing as a kid.

Might do something on PC next but I still have a grip of 3DS games to beat.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Nier: Automata

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

12.1) Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment - 0% Run

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

Parappa The Rapper Remastered. They prettied up the visuals a bit but I don't think they updated the sound at all lol. They added a thing where the controller vibrates to the beat of the the song which is cool. The story is for literal toddlers.
The story is for everyone.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

None

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

parapa looks cute but i remember you could just mash kikikikikikikikiki puunch over and over when i played it, 50 years ago. dunno if i could go back to it after rhythm heaven and project miku :sihg:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Specter Knight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

parapa looks cute but i remember you could just mash kikikikikikikikiki puunch over and over when i played it, 50 years ago. dunno if i could go back to it after rhythm heaven and project miku :sihg:

It's a rhythm game where you're supposed to hit buttons constantly except when it tells you to hit buttons...it's out of control. I played the demo and it seems fine but I didn't want to pay money for 4 more songs of it

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

Cubivore_ posted:

Nier Automata. Time 39:57. Got endings A-E and K. Might get all the weapons later.

Got all the weapons with upgrades and beat the Emil super bosses. Also got endings S, V, and Y. Might get the rest of the endings later.

time - 61:33

edit: got all endings. time - 62:34

need to finished Parasite Eve. I was playing it around the time Zelda and Nier came out so it was put on hold.

Cubivore_ fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 15, 2017

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
The witness: normal ending though im at the last cave with like 480 puzzles solved iirc
Specter of torment: didnt think it was that good at first but i warmed up to it. Made the water stage good and the remix took my least favourite song to top 5.
Burnout paradise again cause i reinstalled windows and forgot it doesnt support steam cloud

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Man the Iron Whale song was one of my favorites in the original. It was composed by one of the original Megaman composers. I do love the new remix though.

I started to like Specter of Torment way more after doing a 0% run. I love it now that I'm doing NG+ 0%.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Not saying its bad, just that i liked pretty much all others better. I was surprised when i learned thats the one the mm1 composer made.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That's fair. The weakest stage song in the original and Specter of Torment is Pridemoor Keep imo. The new Lost City, Lich Yard and Tower of Fate remixes are so good.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
No fuckin way i just cant get original pridemoor out of my head, but mole city is possibly the best. I can never recall tinker knight or polar knights stages, but when i listen im like oh right. specters remix of lich yard is so sick, in general i like how much faster paced everything is. The donovan interludes were cool. I heard king k ight has a wario esque charge, so i hope this means we get a character who can attack without stopping.
Anyway, i thi k i finished more games but those three are the ones i remember most and they are all tremendous

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If King Knight is somehow done Wario Land 4 style Shovel Knight and friends will cement it's place as my favorite 2d platformer.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

9. The Sexy Brutale

Evil Eagle posted:

If King Knight is somehow done Wario Land 4 style Shovel Knight and friends will cement it's place as my favorite 2d platformer.

Glad to see Glover is still on top

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I wanna see the alternate realities where the other knights got campaigns.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Evil Eagle posted:

I really hope that means more of an emphasis on finding stuff and thus secrets will be harder to find. I think the only thing i didnt grab on my first run thru specter was that one heath up on plague knights stage. More stuff like that one would be cool. Anyway im pumped even though king knight seems like a weird choice from all the cast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

I really hope that means more of an emphasis on finding stuff and thus secrets will be harder to find. I think the only thing i didnt grab on my first run thru specter was that one heath up on plague knights stage. More stuff like that one would be cool. Anyway im pumped even though king knight seems like a weird choice from all the cast

I think it was voted on by kickstarter backers

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i wnted polar knight so tht we'd get to see how they handle his mondo sprite nd also because hes my fave

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I think there's a lot they could've potentially done with tinker knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thb tho the guy iw anted the least was plague knight and plague of shadows is one f my favorite 2d platformers ever so w/e

• Locked thread