Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
You're all a bunch of filthy pinkos. :commissar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

If they wanna fix the ACA so I'm not getting boned by it, I'm 100% all for it. But it sucks, and its loving me bad

How is it worse for you than what was there before?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lemming posted:

How is it worse for you than what was there before?

Now there is a tax if you don't have it... well there was a tax

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

If you were healthy and middle class and got insurance through your employer you could often get good plans

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Prorat posted:

Now there is a tax if you don't have it... well there was a tax

And you'd get either Medicaid or a subsidy if you weren't making enough money (unless you're in The hosed Zone which is directly caused by Republicans), the premiums are going up slightly slower than they were before it was implemented, and the plans you get are better since there's a lot of poo poo the insurance companies can't pull anymore, like lifetime/yearly limits and denial for pre-existing conditions.

The only way you're paying more money overall is if you're rich

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The plans are worse with ridiculous deductibles at higher prices. If you were broke and uninsured before it's better but for most people it's worse

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Blue Train posted:

The plans are worse with ridiculous deductibles at higher prices. If you were broke and uninsured before it's better but for most people it's worse

That's totally why the people were demanding the end of "obamacare" and the replacement easily passed. Most people really wanted "trumpcare" to pass but those wily dems foiled Trump.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That's not what I said and I'm not defending trump or the shittastic ahca

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Blue Train posted:

The plans are better by every metric with the restriction that you can only get them at a certain time of year or when a qualifying life event happens. The premiums are more expensive than before, but only because time is passing; they'd be cheaper than the plans would have been now if Obamacare hadn't happened. It's the same for the vast majority of the people because they were only employer plans before and they still are now, with generally similar plans with the bonus that every plan covers certain essential things and they can't drop you because you cost them too much or not allow you to sign up in the first place because you had a pre-existing condition.

Millions more people also have health insurance than didn't before.

There are still huge problems that should be fixed by improving our system (or moving to any sane universal healthcare system) but I'd love to hear specifically how the AHCA plan that Donald Trump was trying to get passed would have improved anything for anybody, which actually makes him good and your friend.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I wanted that bill to pass so bad so I could lol at all the magadeath.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Lemming posted:

The plans are better by every metric with the restriction that you can only get them at a certain time of year or when a qualifying life event happens. The premiums are more expensive than before, but only because time is passing; they'd be cheaper than the plans would have been now if Obamacare hadn't happened. It's the same for the vast majority of the people because they were only employer plans before and they still are now, with generally similar plans with the bonus that every plan covers certain essential things and they can't drop you because you cost them too much or not allow you to sign up in the first place because you had a pre-existing condition.

Millions more people also have health insurance than didn't before.

There are still huge problems that should be fixed by improving our system (or moving to any sane universal healthcare system) but I'd love to hear specifically how the AHCA plan that Donald Trump was trying to get passed would have improved anything for anybody, which actually makes him good and your friend.

Trump is courting Rand Paul about round 2, what if he comes out something that somehow makes everyone happy?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Maybe you should read my other posts itt because ahca was trash and uhc is literally the only option. Saying Obamacare failed doesn't imply I think Trump is worth poo poo because he's a retard and the ahca was poo poo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The renegotiating he is doing now is to gently caress poor people even worse than he was originally going to lol

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

new phone who dis posted:

It's not falling. Obamacare wasn't the savior of the nation. It's a mixed bag at best.

you are, at all times, a limited amount of election choices away from living in a mud hut and eating dirt cakes. lmao that you can't comprehend this. yeah, lead may not suddenly turn up in your drinking water if you vote a corrupt administration into office once, it will take a couple of those, but you'll get there sooner or later. like, look at how long it took them do disassemble Venezuela. it takes decades, but it happens.

the ultimate problem is not Trump itself, it's that 60 mio people have completely lost their marbles and are now voting for joke politicians. if this becomes a habit, the country is gone.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Blue Train posted:

Maybe you should read my other posts itt because ahca was trash and uhc is literally the only option. Saying Obamacare failed doesn't imply I think Trump is worth poo poo because he's a retard and the ahca was poo poo

There's a difference between saying Obamacare didn't do enough and saying Obamacare made people's lives worse.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

the ultimate problem is not Trump itself, it's that 60 mio people have completely lost their marbles and are now voting for joke politicians. if this becomes a habit, the country is gone.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-39442841

quote:

"They should ask themselves what they have brought this country to when a fictitious character can run for presidency and people want to vote for him. That shows something is wrong."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lemming posted:

There's a difference between saying Obamacare didn't do enough and saying Obamacare made people's lives worse.

It made things better for the poor and uninsured and worse for the middle class

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mnoba posted:

Trump is courting Rand Paul about round 2, what if he comes out something that somehow makes everyone happy?

It is possible for them all to have strokes and spontaneously become good people who want to pass a universal healthcare bill, but it's not very likely and daydreaming isn't particularly useful

If the Republicans were fundamentally capable of coming up with a good bill that actually improves healthcare for everyone they would have been able to come up with it sometime in the past 7 years, but that plan doesn't exist.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Obamacare was the Republican plan

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Agreed. This is why endlessly screaming at Trump voters and moron democrats who want you to understand them is a moral good.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Blue Train posted:

It made things better for the poor and uninsured and worse for the middle class

By what metric? I'd like to see some data. Again, compared to doing nothing and staying on the course we were on. You were still totally hosed if you had a pre-existing condition, you were still totally hosed if you cost more than whatever limit your insurance company set for a year, you were still totally hosed if you didn't get coverage for essential health services that you might not have known wasn't covered and you need it.

Also note that the middle class is smaller than it's pretty much ever been and there's way more poor people nowadays lol so your framing there isn't particularly helpful to your argument (not that I accept it as true)

Blue Train posted:

Obamacare was the Republican plan

I agree it's the most conservative thing we could have done that could even possibly work in theory, but it doesn't change the fact that it was still better than doing nothing, even if it was a failure in the sense that it didn't help enough people

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lemming posted:

By what metric? I'd like to see some data.

I agree it's the most conservative thing we could have done that could even possibly work in theory, but it doesn't change the fact that it was still better than doing nothing, even if it was a failure in the sense that it didn't help enough people

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/04/news/economy/obamacare-affordable/

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/06/500898851/middle-class-americans-face-biggest-strain-under-rising-obamacare-costs

Also I meant that it was literally the Republican plan from the 90s

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
we want proper first world health care

"ok we can do that now its illegal not to pay an insurance company. everybody has healthcare now"

lmaoooooooooo

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bring back old gbs posted:

"ok we can do that now its illegal not to pay an insurance company. everybody has healthcare now"

lmaoooooooooo

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Again, I understand that premiums are still going up. They are going up slower than they would have been without Obamacare. I understand if you're arguing it's a failure because it didn't do enough, but what I'm trying to get at is that Obamacare made things better, not worse.

http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-hiltzik-obamacare-premiums-20160726-snap-story.html

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

bring back old gbs posted:

lmaoooooooooo

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
You can't make America great again with all these poor sickly people holding it back.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Enough about healthcare, this is the Trump is fine/hosed thread.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Perhaps if all these cultures weren't intermingling with each other in Trump's America, they wouldn't be spreading their sicknesses around.

That's why they're building the wall. It's a containment strategy!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Prorat posted:

Enough about healthcare, this is the Trump is fine/hosed thread.

muslim ban 1.0, muslim ban 2.0, ahca, golf.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mnoba posted:

I don't think rand paul is the person you go to for real healthcare plans, lol.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Panzeh posted:

I don't think rand paul is the person you go to for real healthcare plans, lol.

well it's definitely not paul ryan

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
our first lady is a cheap looking eastern european model who got her coozie lick 4 money

but michelle obama, oh boy, so, ANGRY!!!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Hey now Ivanka is an American citizen born and raised

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

People like you should be forced to spend a year or so in some shithole like Russia, it's the only way for you to ever realize how much you have and how complicated it is to keep it that way. none of it comes naturally and all of it can be lost.

Hahaha I was in the dr's office today waiting to get some lab work done. Sitting next to me was this massive burly Russian dude and he went off on a tirade about how ridiculous and inefficent the American healthcare system was. Everyone in the office is smiling and agreeing with him like they are all about to go on some sort of freedom rampage it was very surreal.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

you are, at all times, a limited amount of election choices away from living in a mud hut and eating dirt cakes. lmao that you can't comprehend this. yeah, lead may not suddenly turn up in your drinking water if you vote a corrupt administration into office once, it will take a couple of those, but you'll get there sooner or later. like, look at how long it took them do disassemble Venezuela. it takes decades, but it happens.

I love that Trump has turned liberals into doomsday cultists. Hey buddy, you're just as dumb as Uncle Cooter hoarding bullets for the rapture.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

120 mil people voted for joke politicians

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I voted for harambe

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

new phone who dis posted:

I love that Trump has turned liberals into doomsday cultists. Hey buddy, you're just as dumb as Uncle Cooter hoarding bullets for the rapture.

Republicans were def the voice of reason when

But you know.. Memories are funny things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

EVIL Gibson posted:

Republicans were def the voice of reason when

But you know.. Memories are funny things

It was funny then and it's funny now. Is there no Republican stunt the Dems won't attempt after pretending they were too good for it?

• Locked thread