Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

torn between wanting to watch that and not wantinmg to spoil anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm definitely gonna wait but if Jeff and Vinny got together to do the video it would bring back some heavy feels

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

In Training posted:

I'm definitely gonna wait but if Jeff and Vinny got together to do the video it would bring back some heavy feels

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-persona-5/2300-11912/

Jeff and Vinny begin their crusade to make it through the beginning of Persona 5.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

bump_fn posted:

https://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-persona-5/2300-11912/

Jeff and Vinny begin their crusade to make it through the beginning of Persona 5.

warning jeff spoils the ending of persona 4 in this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

bump_fn posted:

Oh man. Good lookin out.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Oh man. Good lookin out.

What have you been doing the last decade???

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

bump_fn posted:

poo poo I should bust out my Vita one last time this weekend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the lego world quick look is some AAA vinny material.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jeff, Dan, and Vinny did that reddit thing

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/628w77/we_are_the_staff_of_giant_bomb_a_site_about_video/?st=j0x2036o&sh=d1c1b2fc

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Dan's answer about getting in the business late

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i'm not going to read that so post the interesting responses here

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lodNiydYtsk

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm guessing Dan says he thought potatoes were mammals or some poo poo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watching the west coast guys play Nier Automata is cool becase theyre like cracking jokes about existentialism and wondering when the game is going to make them more badass and theyre just pwning themselves.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The ama is boring, but this breakdown of an average vinny day is pretty interesting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/628w77/we_are_the_staff_of_giant_bomb_a_site_about_video/dfkotv3/

vinny posted:

Each day is so different but I can speak to some personal things that add up to a full day.
I usually get started around 10-10:30 and get out of here around 7-8:00 if everything has gone well.
Quick Look: 2-3 Hour game prep time. 1 hour recording time. 15-20 minute editing/processing time. 30-45 minute export time. 10 minute uploading and page generation time.
Beastcast: 2 Hour prep time. 2-3 Hour recording time. 45-60 minute editing/processing time. 10-15 minute export time. 30 minute uploading and page generation time.
Live Show: 0-2 Hour game prep time. 0-30 minute studio prep time. 2 hour recording time. 15-20 minute editing/processing time. 1 hour export time. 10 minute uploading and page generation time.
Meetings: 4-6 hours per week.
Email sifting and answering: Endless. It never ends. All day.
Studio Work: See above. But really, it has to be at least 25 percent of my day. Archiving and clearing space, making sure everything works well enough, looking at gear, streaming issues, audio issues, broken gear, cleaning up… etc.
There are tons of things that are special though. Going through the entire process to get new staff, talking with and managing current staff, going over the actual business. All very important to me but also chew away at the day.
My days feel very full, even though a lot of the things that take up my time aren’t reflected directly in minutes of viewable content.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Its also funny seeing Jeff say "Whoa! Look at how much health I lost from just a single attack!" on normal when it does like 15% of your health bar when on Hard evertyhing kills you in one hit until like 20 hours in.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

all dan said was something like, "well you know, Diamond Dallas Page didn't start training to be a wrestler until 35!"

Teix
Nov 5, 2009

You want to touch me?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

nmagness
Sep 16, 2013

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Deeply unsettling

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Patrick's existence is summed up in the latest Waypoint podcast, when Danielle and Austin mention "stronger together" as a throwaway line in the middle of Austin talking about a political struggle in his Stellaris playthrough, and then Patrick interrupts with "Just so you know, Stronger Together was the slogan of Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign"

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 5, 2017

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

this, my friends, is it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Tender Bender posted:

Patrick's existence is summed up in the latest Waypoint podcast, when Danielle and Austin mention "stronger together" as a throwaway line in the middle of Austin talking about a political struggle in his Stellaris playthrough, and then Patrick interrupts with "Just so you know, Stronger Together was the slogan of Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign"

im stupid enough to like austin and danielle but god damnit gently caress off pat

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

gaypoint

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The latest episode has Austin doing a deep dive on the competing political factions of his bird people in Stellaris, which is extremely my poo poo.

bump_fn posted:

im stupid enough to like austin and danielle but god damnit gently caress off pat

He's a parody of himself and it loving blows that he's attached to a guy as smart and interesting as Austin.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Tender Bender posted:

The latest episode has Austin doing a deep dive on the competing political factions of his bird people in Stellaris, which is extremely my poo poo.

Stellaris is up there with Crusader Kings and EU4 as one of those games I love hearing stories about and watching but would never really dive in and play.
Are there any recommended LPs or anything of Stellaris?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

Stronger Together was the slogan of Hillary Clinton's 2016 campaign"

AHA! I knew she wasn't human, she's a drat bioroid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah great, Peter Briwn is back on the podcast. Love this guy. Hopefully he spoils stuff about Persona 5

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

getting the entire game spoiled is one of many possible endings

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Ah great, Peter Briwn is back on the podcast. Love this guy. Hopefully he spoils stuff about Persona 5

They need to get someone in that office asap

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Jeff is going to die fixing his NBA showtime machine

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

That guy is the Games forum incarnate

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FFXV TEXT: A game for new and old fans alike.

EPIC EXAGGERATED PETER BROWN PROFESSIONAL NERD BITCH: Pehth. Hueth. Yea, no.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

FFXV TEXT: A game for new and old fans alike.

EPIC EXAGGERATED PETER BROWN PROFESSIONAL NERD BITCH: Pehth. Hueth. Yea, no.

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can report back that nobody talks about P5 because they haven't played it yet, thankfully. I did go back and start watching the video Jeff and vinny did now that I've played the opening myself and it's like they never stopped after the end of P4. Im sure they've heard this 10,000,000x over but I hope they play it some day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

I can report back that nobody talks about P5 because they haven't played it yet, thankfully. I did go back and start watching the video Jeff and vinny did now that I've played the opening myself and it's like they never stopped after the end of P4. Im sure they've heard this 10,000,000x over but I hope they play it some day

I wish they would. They have too many meetings and obligations nowadays for it to be a daily thing. But maybe an hour or so each week like their doing with Yakuza.