Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

IceOrb posted:

Buff Castle by giving him the ability to limbo under the doorway castle panels at full running speed.

TIA.

He's black, not Jamaican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

He's black, not Jamaican

A lot of Jamaicans are of African ancestry.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Everyone is of African ancestry

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Shut up and get my joke

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

IceOrb posted:

Buff Castle by giving him the ability to limbo under the doorway castle panels at full running speed.

TIA.

I wonder if castle would be better if his doors only covered half of the doorway. You could set it low to block drones and force the enemy to vault over them (like people do with deployable shields) or you could set it high and make them crouch their way in if they dont have any way to take down the barricade. It would certainly make them less susceptible to getting Fuzed.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Loopoo posted:

Cheating??!??

I won't say you're right or wrong, because I could see both sides of the argument a bit, but looking at those (and a few others) a bit, I could see at least a few of them being a situation where he is repositioning his mouse in preparation for some turns, especially given how much he was moving around.

I had one recently where I just was plain potato-ing some shots and I ran out of mouse pad which lead to a serious case of the dead corpses.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Give castle the ability to build an actual castle out of his barricades pillow fort style.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The Duggler posted:

I can literally not help but aim center mass. Played too much insurgency before siege and I just can't break the habit

Gets me killed when people 180 headshot me on their first shot even after I get a few out

Same except not Insurgency. I also assume everyone is going to be crouching I guess and naturally go for dick shots

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I also assume everyone is going to be crouching I guess and naturally go for dick shots

Guilty.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

The Duggler posted:

They are ~elite~ skins not poor skins

I feel like they need to take away "elite," unless they make them obtainable via other means, such as completing a set of challenges or grinding 50,000 renown. I have seen people with elite skins whose skills would suggest far from the status. Though honestly I am probably going to by one anyone when I get paid. I guess what I am getting at is this game needs other ways to obtain certain things. 10,000-30,000 for a skin or headgear is a little ridiculous. Or just drop the $5-10 for it.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Isn't macey j an actual pro player? Wouldn't being pro level due to cheating majorly gently caress you when it game time to actually play? I thought they showed up for events in person.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

bobua posted:

Isn't macey j an actual pro player? Wouldn't being pro level due to cheating majorly gently caress you when it game time to actually play? I thought they showed up for events in person.

Nah, he just does youtube.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Nickname Pending posted:

I feel like they need to take away "elite," unless they make them obtainable via other means, such as completing a set of challenges or grinding 50,000 renown. I have seen people with elite skins whose skills would suggest far from the status. Though honestly I am probably going to by one anyone when I get paid. I guess what I am getting at is this game needs other ways to obtain certain things. 10,000-30,000 for a skin or headgear is a little ridiculous. Or just drop the $5-10 for it.

I'm terrible at this stupid game. You can have my Elite Rook when you pry him from my cold dead hands!

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I'm terrible at this stupid game. You can have my Elite Rook when you pry him from my cold dead hands!

Challenge accepted, my friend.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Castle walls should just be hinged doors that you can lock and unlock!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nickname Pending posted:

Well, there are rumors they're going to do a random loot drop system, right? :shrug:

I agree things are too expensive with in-game points.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Was in the middle of a game, on round 3, somehow a player manages to join the game even though we already have 10 players, entire session is just stuck on "round starting" and everybody has to ALT+F4

Fix your game

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Shut up and get my joke
There was a joke?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

There was a joke?

Agreed. Went right over my head. And I'm a smart young man, my momma says so.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

except with a Castle door

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Is this some American anime?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Please don't troll

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Is this some American anime?

Rick and Morty I think.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

From reddit :magical::
https://giant.gfycat.com/ObedientGaseousGermanpinscher.mp4

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Too OP, would need a counter:

THRESHOLD - New attacking operator who places bulletproof blocks under doors to prevent things going under.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Rectus posted:

Too OP, would need a counter:

THRESHOLD - New attacking operator who places bulletproof blocks under doors to prevent things going under.

Threshold can be BFFs with Castle! Just like Rook and Doc. Can you say, "Bromance?"

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Nickname Pending posted:

Well they aren't ever going to restrict "elite" stuff to 20% of the player base. Heroes Of The Storm had it take 100~ games on that character and 10k gold (which is about equivalent in purchasing power to 15k renown) for a master skin, don't see numbers given but they said most people who qualified didn't buy one.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 5, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

They also recently got his of that because it was dumb

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Also you shouldn't have to be a savant to earn the right to play dress-up with your war-dollies.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
Used a Capitao incendiary bolt on the default barricade thinking it'd burn it down from a distance. Not sure why, that seems like the kind of thing people'd be doing a lot if it could be done.

Point is, now I really wish I could do that. Open up an entryway from a distance like Buck, much less ammunition to do it with, sacrifice some of your offensive potential, and gives Capitao more utility. It'd also give Castle another reason to get picked. Big metal barricade isn't going to burn down.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Yes, make Smoke + Ash into just Ash.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Technically it burns out the oxygen and isn't an incendiary weapon, probably because they didn't want counter terrorist units burning people to death. But Smoke should be immune as he's wearing a full chemical suit and breathing gear :eng101:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

Do you have a loving spreadsheet of all your streamables so you can respond at a moment's notice with the appropriate link?

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Just so you know this is exactly what I was thinking of when I typed my initial limbo castle comment.

Great Beer posted:

I wonder if castle would be better if his doors only covered half of the doorway. You could set it low to block drones and force the enemy to vault over them (like people do with deployable shields) or you could set it high and make them crouch their way in if they dont have any way to take down the barricade. It would certainly make them less susceptible to getting Fuzed.

That's a pretty cool idea actually.

Not to backseat game dev too much here but after seeing Mira and seeing her windows be able to cross over multiple panels it'd be cool if you could just control the placement a bit more beyond "this replaces the standard wood panel".

Like you could push it all the way to the floor but now there is a space at the top of the door where frags/flash/smoke/drones could be thrown through. You could also safely walk up to the door and destroy it without someone shooting your feet.

Or if there is enough wall space above the door/window you could place it higher up on the wall and make a little murder line or crawl hole.

IceOrb fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 5, 2017

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Let Kapkan have the option to put the trap directly on the Castle panel instead of the doorframe. It detonates for a lethal explosion and blows out the panel whenever someone gets directly in front of it.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Oh yeah there's some gun accuracy issues at the moment particularly the L85 and F2 with an ACOG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE4RQrmGpNU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Weekly Challenges posted:

Win a number of matches with some of your most played operators

wow this is loving bullshit

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
https://gfycat.com/UnimportantBogusInvisiblerail

It's really happening.

Now bullets just need to not randomly go through the shield or teleporting nitro cells and you just have to worry about lag

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Also you shouldn't have to be a savant to earn the right to play dress-up with your war-dollies.

You can also be rich :cheeky:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

IceOrb posted:

Do you have a loving spreadsheet of all your streamables so you can respond at a moment's notice with the appropriate link?

Yes.

(I can usually tell which vid is what just by the preview image)

The fact that Castle walls aren't literally walls you stick at the top and deploy like a portcullis to chop whoever is jumping in in half is absurd. Being able to selectively block off windows/doors like popping Mira windows (eg stick a shootable gas can to deploy) to trap attackers would be great. Make this happen, Hard.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Maybe only let Glaz break a small kill hole into his poo poo rather than destroy the entire window with practically zero effort?

Or just increase his supply because late round castle is fun when you can throw up extra walls and risk your life to shut down a bottleneck ftw. If they're just gonna be so easily breakable then hwy not give him a few more to play with

Maybe let Castle close busted hatches or something... just kidding how long until an operator can set up rope ladders to climb up them?

• Locked thread