Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

We do this poo poo every time someone criticises a video game, especially via tweet. At a certain point when you're​ reading 140 characters you're making a choice to interpret it in the most serious and insane way possible.

Yes, the replies clarify and have more nuance, but the first tweet uses the word "garbage." If that's the only one you see, you should be forgiven for thinking that's the whole of that person's opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really liked the storyline and overall themes of Persona 3 and 4.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they like it because it's good, op

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

There's been like half a dozen times where the game crashed at a loading screen and I had to restart the systme. meanwhile I've been trying to clear out my quests but I can't, people will randomly come up to me and hand me letters that start quests. I wish they had spent more time on fixing bugs and less time on game content

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's been like half a dozen times where the game crashed at a loading screen and I had to restart the systme. meanwhile I've been trying to clear out my quests but I can't, people will randomly come up to me and hand me letters that start quests. I wish they had spent more time on fixing bugs and less time on game content

He was being sarcastic.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Guy Goodbody posted:

That is Bethesda.txt.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Guy Goodbody posted:

Bethesda doesn't spend that much time on game content either so

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the good game lover @yahaha
persona 5 isn't​ good...
5:46pm 4 April 17
2.3k🔄 3.7k❤

it's great !!
5:47pm 4 April 17
10🔄 21❤

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Guy Goodbody posted:

meanwhile I've been trying to clear out my quests but I can't, people will randomly come up to me and hand me letters that start quests.

I fuckin hate this, but goons dogpile on me every time I suggest that you should be able to just say "no" to a quest and not have it added to your log in these games, so I feel like something of a kindred spirit.

edit: And even when you can say "no", it's not like, "no I don't want to do the quest". Your character phrases it as "No, I don't want to do it but I will when I feel like it". gently caress you, I said no, I'm not helping you carry your sofa up the stairs to your apartment for 30 caps or whatever.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

oddium posted:

persona 5 isn't​ good...
5:46pm 4 April 17
2.3k🔄 3.7k❤

it's great !!
5:47pm 4 April 17
10🔄 21❤

Why are there so many fewer likes and RTs on the second one? :(

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

I fuckin hate this, but goons dogpile on me every time I suggest that you should be able to just say "no" to a quest and not have it added to your log in these games, so I feel like something of a kindred spirit.

edit: And even when you can say "no", it's not like, "no I don't want to do the quest". Your character phrases it as "No, I don't want to do it but I will when I feel like it". gently caress you, I said no, I'm not helping you carry your sofa up the stairs to your apartment for 30 caps or whatever.

Kill the quest-giver, problem solved

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It occurs to me that actually having an Uncle who worked at Nintendo could be a bit awkward....

"No, seriously, you guys!"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Just do what I do and kill people who annoy you. In games. Not real life.

One of the many times I tried to start Fallout: New Vegas, there was some dick who was asking for help and then being an ungrateful dick about it, so I shot him in the head. I did that to a lot of people. I could never get into that game.

edit: :argh: beaten.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Snak posted:

Just do what I do and kill people who annoy you. In games. Not real life.

One of the many times I tried to start Fallout: New Vegas, there was some dick who was asking for help and then being an ungrateful dick about it, so I shot him in the head. I did that to a lot of people. I could never get into that game.

edit: :argh: beaten.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Kill the quest-giver, problem solved

Brutal, but acceptable.

edit: And I was only barely exaggerating/joking when I made that post. It genuinely is annoying that these games will just assault you with stuff to do, it's a problem many open world games have (most recently Nier Automata). They just give you a gigantic list of random assorted things to do and imo it makes it feel cluttered and annoying. And Nier Automata is like the first game of its kind I've seen that lets you straight up say 'no' and come back to help when you're not already busy.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 5, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Bethesda doesn't spend that much time on game content either so

There is a ton of stuff in Skyrim, dude. Even if you take out the quests that send you through a dungeon you've already been through, there's a lot of dungeons

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, It's one thing when you're just starting out, but I'm the loving werewolf queen, I own a house with a slave, I can scream people off cliffs. I should be able to pick and choose what sidestuff I do

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Brutal, but acceptable.

edit: And I was only barely exaggerating/joking when I made that post. It genuinely is annoying that these games will just assault you with stuff to do, it's a problem many open world games have (most recently Nier Automata). They just give you a gigantic list of random assorted things to do and imo it makes it feel cluttered and annoying. And Nier Automata is like the first game of its kind I've seen that lets you straight up say 'no' and come back to help when you're not already busy.

it's part of what kills New vegas for me. I have the complete edition or whatever, so everytime I start a new game, it gives me a full inventory of DLC poo poo and gives me like 5 extra quest markers.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

look forbes is here to settle things
https://twitter.com/ritobito/status/849460715773677568

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the quality of life improvements on P5 make it better to me than P4 already. just pressing a button instead of scrolling in a small menu is good and I love that they did away with repetitive persons summon animation. just hit triangle, they're there, and do your skill. also using R1 as the "weakness shortcut" owns as does Square as the "cheapest heal" button, great streamlining there.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

ImpAtom posted:

Someone rushed into the P5 thread posting about how it's terrible garbage based off those tweets so, y'know.

The original tweeter does translation work according to people here, so it's also unprofessional as gently caress particularly because this is day one of release. I know that this is the age of twitter and Trump be Trump but it's rude and people notice. It wouldn't be unlike an actor tweeting recordings of someone else the day their movie or tv show releases and going "this is garbo." I mean, go ahead and do it I guess and sure, real people do, but it's the quickest way to earning a rep for being classless.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I said come in! posted:

Some fat weeabo took some screenshots, not sure why this is warranting so much discussion???

Nice meltdown

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Wasn't persona 5 delayed in part to get a better translation?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bloodychill posted:

The original tweeter does translation work according to people here, so it's also unprofessional as gently caress particularly because this is day one of release. I know that this is the age of twitter and Trump be Trump but it's rude and people notice. It wouldn't be unlike an actor tweeting recordings of someone else the day their movie or tv show releases and going "this is garbo." I mean, go ahead and do it I guess and sure, real people do, but it's the quickest way to earning a rep for being classless.

I think at least some of it is that people are (I feel justifiably) angry about the stupid streaming bullshit and looking for ways to take it out on Atlus. (Not the original tweeter but the response.) And "this game has a lovely translation, look how terrible it is" probably will matter more to casual people than the idea they can't stream a game they probably weren't going to stream anyway.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CJacobs posted:

I agree completely. Just let me opt out of quests when someone runs up to me. That poo poo killed me in Fallout 4.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stexils posted:

Wasn't persona 5 delayed in part to get a better translation?

Yes.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

ImpAtom posted:

I think at least some of it is that people are (I feel justifiably) angry about the stupid streaming bullshit and looking for ways to take it out on Atlus. (Not the original tweeter but the response.) And "this game has a lovely translation, look how terrible it is" probably will matter more to casual people than the idea they can't stream a game they probably weren't going to stream anyway.

The "no streaming" thing is bullshit without a doubt.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Atlus shouldn't be able to have any power over whether people stream the game or not.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I can at least take screen shots of pets and tweet them out at least, right?

Or did Atlus block those too

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

bloodychill posted:

I think what's worse is that their actual opinion is that it has some translation stumbles in the early game but smooths out and some parts are legit very good. So they have this hyperbolic initial tweet with a few bad lines screencapped and it doesn't even reflect their actual take. It's just a dumb bad tweet.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah, I feel like when you're in a much more public forum you have to be more judicious about how you discuss things.

Now in the Something Awful forums, on the other hand

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Atlus shouldn't be able to have any power over whether people stream the game or not.

I doubt anyone disagrees with that. It's such an incredibly stupid thing for them to do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I can at least take screen shots of pets and tweet them out at least, right?

Or did Atlus block those too

Nope no screenshots either

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's funny because every time you get a trophy you get a second notification immediately after saying You can't take a screenshot right now.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I doubt anyone disagrees with that. It's such an incredibly stupid thing for them to do.

Just paying a tiny bit of attention to past "publisher gets prissy over streamers" situations would've saved them some trouble.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Bummer. One of my favorite things in games is photographing animals

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

beat nier. got like 10 of the 26 endings. A-E and some random death ones. great game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Harrow posted:

I agree completely. Just let me opt out of quests when someone runs up to me. That poo poo killed me in Fallout 4.

Another settlement needs your help

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There's a mod in Skyrim that lets you turn down quests. It's vital.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbEFbGGubKE lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that looks really loving high effort for a furry game, especially to get published by Focus Home

i guess Dust couldn't be the only furry game to get a lot of effort put in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
wtf... i just saw the chrono cross watch...

should i buy it

• Locked thread