Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Billions fills my rich white people loving with eachother quota nicely. It's more finance than politics but there is a good amount of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't have any "rich white assholes" show at the moment because I watch a lot of news.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Man seeking Woman has been cancelled.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Eh, last season was REALLY good but it kind of ran its course.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yesterday I watched 24 and tonight I'm watching Prison Break. What a time to be alive and watching bad TV again.

EDIT: Not going to lie this has been super fun

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 5, 2017

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I haven't watched the newest 24 Legacy episode, but good lord, I know the original was predictable as hell, but Legacy seems to take it to a whole other level.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
To be fair, they're owning their badness. They've said perimeter about 50 times.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

How many people are double agents / moles? Or I guess how many people aren't?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

How many people are double agents / moles? Or I guess how many people aren't?

Just one so far in the dumbest loving way. Also the only group that has successfully faced the terrorists so far are a group of drug dealer gangsters.

CTU has been abysmal this season.

Also the first episode of Prison Break was actually pretty loving awesome.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
The episode 9 Presidential Candidate (yet again) Jimmy Smits being at CTU during the same thing another thing happens just so PLOT POINT can happen is what sent me over the edge enough to post that.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Jimmy Smits should be in something good. He's a decent actor with some charisma. Very charming. But he's in like... nothing good. Ever.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hey

You should watch The Get Down

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I don't think I ever watched the 4th season of prison break but kinda want to watch this new season. How confused will I be if I skip season 4?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Probably as confused as if you watched Season 4.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Here's all you need to know about season 4: Michael has a terminal disease and he dies off screen.

Then the movie shows him dying (?) while rescuing Sarah from a prison.

The movie I think is being ignored because I feel Sarah would have been more specific about how Michael died.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Here's all you need to know about season 4: Michael has a terminal disease and he dies off screen.

Then the movie shows him dying (?) while rescuing Sarah from a prison.

The movie I think is being ignored because I feel Sarah would have been more specific about how Michael died.

No, dies off screen in the movie as well. And the way it's set up in the film is very much like they knew they could do something later because he makes all the other characters leave him so none of the characters or the audience see it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That TV movie finale was the dumbest thing. Like, dumber than every other dumb thing in Prison Break combined.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

Jimmy Smits should be in something good. He's a decent actor with some charisma. Very charming. But he's in like... nothing good. Ever.

Jimmy Smits was a loving beast on NYPD Blue.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Jimmy Smits was a loving beast on NYPD Blue.

I never watched that. Was it any good? He was literally the only good thing about the rear end end of SAMCRO

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

I never watched that. Was it any good? He was literally the only good thing about the rear end end of SAMCRO

It was the best cop show of it's time for the bulk of it's run. It really only starts to show fatigue in the last two seasons.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Was NYPD Blue any good? Oh man. It and Homicide are the only two cop shows worth watching really.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I enjoy Dragnet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Was NYPD Blue any good? Oh man. It and Homicide are the only two cop shows worth watching really.

The Jerry Orbach years of Law & Order are a wonderful time. And it's a different era but the Shield was incredible.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

GreenNight posted:

I enjoy Dragnet.

I mean there's some other fine shows sure. But once you've watched Homicide and NYPD Blue nothing else can really measure up.

Rhyno posted:

The Jerry Orbach years of Law & Order are a wonderful time. And it's a different era but the Shield was incredible.

Law and Order is its own thing, not purely a cop show. And The Shield isn't really one either. It's a completely different kind of take on the genre. Homicide and Blue and first and foremost cop shows and they are the cream of the crop.

X-O fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 5, 2017

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I know the audience for it isn't huge here but The Mindy Project improved a lot with the Hulu seasons.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I saw NYPD Blue on tv one time and it showed the bald fat guy's bare rear end and I think ABC got in trouble.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I know the audience for it isn't huge here but The Mindy Project improved a lot with the Hulu seasons.

It's on my long list to check out. Last time I was looking for a quirky comedy, I bounced off of Kimmy Schmidt pretty hard, but I loved The Office (US), so The Mindy Project has managed to stay on my radar even though I haven't actually got around to watching it.

edit: Man, one of our Dawson's Creek DVDs has a real bad scratch on it. Real bummer. I'm trying to think if there's anywhere in town that could try to grind it out, but every place I can think of has closed. I think slackers does that. They're still around. Somehow.

Snak fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 5, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

bull3964 posted:

Man seeking Woman has been cancelled.

I don't know how it could have continued, since they kind of reached the logical conclusion of "man seeking woman"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Wow, this premiere is reminding my why I liked Prison Break back in the first season. I hope they manage to keep it tight..

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I watched Thunder in Paradise as a kid starring Hulk Hogan and stealth boat.

I don't think I was their target demo. OR WAS I???

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Mu Zeta posted:

I saw NYPD Blue on tv one time and it showed the bald fat guy's bare rear end and I think ABC got in trouble.

Showing boobs and butt was its selling point, they never got in trouble. They never lingered on the nudity it was always quick flashes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Universal is making The Purge into a TV show that will air on both Syfy and USA. I've never heard of any show doing that before.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/04/purge-tv-show/

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I'm not sure about it being loads better (I miss Pally week-to-week) but it's definitely sustained itself really well. I love the occasional fantasy episodes. Snak if you're gonna watch it be aware that season 1, especially the first half, is pretty goddamn iffy. They get rid of a ton of characters and add better ones eventually.

As for Man Seeking Woman, as much as I'm cool with it ending here I'm sad I won't see more of Katie Findlay's Lucy, which was an impeccable performance and character.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Mu Zeta posted:

I'll watch The Good Wife for my "lovely rich white people" fix. I wanted more of that in The Good Fight but like 80% of the cast is black.

Is it any good? I'm a huge Good Wife fan, but haven't heard anything at all about the spin off.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's really good. It had one blah episode about the twitter troll Milo guy but the rest is pretty much more Good Wife but now with swearing. Eli Gold's daughter is their investigator and they replaced Alicia with someone half her age. Elsbeth Tascioni is also in it.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 5, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been watching episodes of Man Seeking Woman sporadically on Hulu. Its... weird. I can't really tell if i like it or not. But it and Key & Peele are basically the shows I casually turn on after I watch the couple of sitcoms on my watchlist and I don't have the focus to switch to something else.

Also, I just finished Iron Fist and I mostly enjoyed it. It was flawed, for sure, but I didn't think as much so as all the criticism. And one thing I thought it did pretty well was that the biggest problem with the previous DD S2/JJ/Cage shows was that they started really strong with a great villain and then kind of fell off to varying degrees. Iron Fist kind of went the opposite way with me where I wasn't really invested at all in the early villains but they got more interesting as the season went on. Also it really did a lot to make The Hand more interesting after DD made it pretty boring.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 5, 2017

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

X-O posted:

Hill Street Blues?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Snak posted:

Check out L.A. Law if you haven't and want to see Jimmy Smits. And he's pretty good as Not Barack Obama in the last two seasons of The West Wing (although I assume you have seen that one).

Fun fact: Jimmy Smits as Victor Sifuentes in L.A. Law inspired Sadiq Khan to become a lawyer and now he is Mayor of London.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Wheat Loaf posted:

And he's pretty good as Not Barack Obama in the last two seasons of The West Wing (although I assume you have seen that one).

This is why it's funny that he's yet again a presidential candidate on 24.

Also, wasn't Smits good on Dexter? I think that was the season I stopped watching though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm considering catching up with New Girl as I wanna binge a feel-good sitcom. I dropped out early in season 4 because the close proximity of storylines where "lol Jess dates a guy with a micropenis" "lol big bag of meth" "lol Cece wants breast reduction and Schmidt is HORRIFIED!!!!!" really put me off it. Did it ever improve from weird poo poo like that? I loved s2 especially so wouldn't mind watching more.

• Locked thread