Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

its just a defense mechanism

lusting for people's deaths while they lust for mine

deep down inside

i...

i dont lust for people's deaths and would like people to get the care they need because if you have the resources and powers available, its your obligation to see those needs met my controversial opinion

but umm it makes it very difficult to sympathize when you're telling me that you deserve it more and that i should die because i have an opinion or something i guess, i mean it sounds crazy~

a people without hatred cannot vanquish a brutal enemy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

want an axe to break the ice

wanna come down right now

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Turdfuzz posted:

literally thinkin o throwin a party when mcconnel kicks it

When I heard Scalia died I jumped up and danced on the spot.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
scalia dying is currently on track to be a net positive for evil tho

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Hoisted by his orange retard

I just wanted to say it :shrug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
obv impossible to tell the future but still

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Atoramos posted:

When I heard Scalia died I jumped up and danced on the spot.

i was waiting out in the hall to talk to a prof on the day thatcher died and he gave me a big ol' thumbs up when he came in

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

a real chump posted:

yea but the key thing is I didn't know it at the time

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rip

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

a real chump posted:

capital always wins~

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

whats the best livestream of the fillibuster?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

*excerpt from the nuremberg tapestry*

When confronted with all the people lusting for his death, Corporal Judensmasher said "ach so viel fur den Toleratenlinks" and the crowds were ashamed that they ever wanted him dead lmao.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

The Glumslinger posted:

Also, why do need to build new airports? I mean, shouldn't we generally be renovating and updating our existing ones? Like, they already have the land and transportation connections. Maybe, and I don't know, the federal government should give out a lot of money to airports to upgrade them to have more power outlets and wifi and nicer chairs and stuff?
Seems it would take A LOT of money

quote:

DIA finally replaced Stapleton on February 28, 1995, 16 months behind schedule and at a cost of $4.8 billion,[30] nearly $2 billion over budget.[26]
USA USA USA

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

a real chump posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llLKar19XhA

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

cumshitter posted:

its cool that credit karma dumped oreilly

which reminds me if you havvent filed yet go through credit karma insted of turbotax. this was the first year ive been lucky enough to file anything more complicated than punching in the info from my 1099s and turbotax let get through to the end before being like 'lol gently caress you its $65 for our premium filing and $40 for state"

credit karma will let you do both for free

also gently caress turbotax even when i was doing free filings for them they still ask you if you want to just chip in whatevver you can for them. gently caress them theyre the ones lobbying to keep the IRS from sending you forms with most of your info filled out just so youo can sign and double check

Credit Karma is going to sell your tax info to advertisers. Small beans compared to your search history, I know, but something to keep in mind. If your AGI is below 64k, you can use software for free that won't sell your info, and if your income is above that you can shell out $40 bucks for software.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

me to dying/deported trump supporters:

are you a redheaded space physician? cos you just got hoist by ur own Picard

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Maybe stupid question but does this "nuclear option" mean invalidating the filibuster forever for both sides or something more subtle than that?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

I am absolutely doing this as well

The nice thing is that so many of my friends are politically aware now that I'll have plenty of people willing to celebrate

Turtles live a very long time you know

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

when confronted with the horrors of the reality we live in there is only one proper way to respond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y2C7yqxOXs

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

just a few bad apples, what're ya gonna do

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

it means they cant filibuster sc judges
it doesnt have 2be permananet but if mitch does it then dems can do it some other time n justify it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vermain posted:

a people without hatred cannot vanquish a brutal enemy

Ya thats true, I mean it still necessitates survival in some extremes that people will compete and hatred is a good motivator to keep/allocate resources. I'm mostly being cheeky about that.

Knight posted:

Don't worry, it was worth it. :thumbsup:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Unless you flip the tortoise over on it's back. The tortoise lays on it's back, it's belly baking in the hot sun, beating it's legs trying to turn it'self over, but it can't, not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i watched the discovery on netflix nd wtf who honestly believes jason segel and rooney mara are a believable romantic pair wtf

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe stupid question but does this "nuclear option" mean invalidating the filibuster forever for both sides or something more subtle than that?

yeap but i think they wanna frame it only for scotus nominees beacuse they are pathetic babies

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

hoisted by his own leotard

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Al! posted:

upside: global warming solved

downside: eaten by wolves returns to #1 on the childhood fatality charts

walk me through it, why is this a downside?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

TIL from Trump fans: it's normal and accepted in academia to completely copy sections of text from journal articles and use them without credit in your own work, so long as you cite the sources of the article you plagarized.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
wolves are more important than children, imo

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

where the gently caress is captain america ffs

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

so where's the moral
when people have their fingers broken
to be insulted by these fascists
it's so degrading
and it's no game

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Turdfuzz posted:

where the gently caress is captain america ffs

waiting to be thawed out by iron man et al

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

superman got kicked out cuz he was an illegal

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
libertarian twitter guys are not my enemy, liberals who try to give capitalism a friendly face are my enemy

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Epic High Five posted:

This is way better than the hippie dippy bullshit reasonings posted

It's amazing to watch someone experience it though. Like take the smug afterglow of a trump voter screeching about ill eagles and splatter it up against her own god drat husband being deported. There have been quite a few people I've seen that kind of smug-terrified whiplash hit and it never gets old. They're teleported from the top of the world to a loving oubliette and left so fragile that pointing out that this is the price of seeing the finger close on the monkey's tiny orange paw breaks them. They almost utter the words "T-t-ttrump.... Baaad?" before succumbing to the shock of realizing they didn't just ask for this, they demanded it. The lady threatening to get "a lawyer" over her becoming a hated Mexican because her boy pervy wallbanger planned the wall that way. The wall she wanted. The wall she voted for. The wall she cackled about getting 10 feet higher.

Happy and fulfilled, wish it upon everyone.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

is miami new times fiake news?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Bitch McDogturd

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

BgRdMchne posted:

is miami new times fiake news?

only in the same way that all of florida lies outside earth-normative space

Calm
Apr 7, 2006

Knight posted:

Honestly thought it was funny, just because the source material of your inspiration is IMO one of Shakespeare's best lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

FAUXTON posted:

It's amazing to watch someone experience it though. Like take the smug afterglow of a trump voter screeching about ill eagles and splatter it up against her own god drat husband being deported. There have been quite a few people I've seen that kind of smug-terrified whiplash hit and it never gets old. They're teleported from the top of the world to a loving oubliette and left so fragile that pointing out that this is the price of seeing the finger close on the monkey's tiny orange paw breaks them. They almost utter the words "T-t-ttrump.... Baaad?" before succumbing to the shock of realizing they didn't just ask for this, they demanded it. The lady threatening to get "a lawyer" over her becoming a hated Mexican because her boy pervy wallbanger planned the wall that way. The wall she wanted. The wall she voted for. The wall she cackled about getting 10 feet higher.

Happy and fulfilled, wish it upon everyone.

turns out egos aren't really a good thing and i feel like its intrinstically linked with materialism and...

aw who am i kidding they literally voted a rich guy, ofc they're basking in the placebo afterglow

• Locked thread