Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

mistaya posted:

My cat loves my husband's coat so much she probably 'wears' it more than he does. Cattes definitely respond to familiar smells!

omg this ^^^

Our one kitty Pixie is our oldest, and she LOVES the smell of my husbands stank apparently. Its a running joke around here that within seconds of his removing sweaty, smelly, disgusting, gross gym clothes there will be a certain old cat rolling around on her back in the middle of it all with a blissful happy look on her face, just soaking up the stink.

She also loves to stick her whole head in shoes that have just come off our feet...again, my husband's gym shoes are a favorite but also my sheepskin slippers for some reason. The cat just loves the stank... weird wierd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Two of mine like to nap (together, even) on the dirty laundry pile. The third one, the fearful one, would pee on it if I ever left any of it on the floor. Cats.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Chiming in with the human-sweaty-smell brigade, my cats LOVE my dirty socks, even just regular "becoming dirty" socks (as in, still on my feet) get rubs aplenty if I take off shoes/slippers around them.

Similarly, they go apeshit over my sister's shoes anytime she comes over & takes them off. Probably a combo of known-human and "you smell like other places and animals" (she has her own cat).

They will also gravitate heavily towards any recently worn clothing that happens to be on the bed, instead of any other part of the bed.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

OP, I would like a foster and Butterscotch update, if you would please.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ofecks posted:

Same

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea my cats love my sneakers.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Ofecks posted:

Yeah. Sorry I've been slipping on that. Work has gotten nuts. Tomorrow is my off day, I'll provide some butter.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Thanks, Chili. In these trying times, we could all use some Butternews.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
there is a moment of quiet in the house as all of the drat animals have been exercised out and eaten and are asleep.
life is good. :beerpal:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

sneakyfrog posted:

there is a moment of quiet in the house as all of the drat animals have been exercised out and eaten and are asleep.
life is good. :beerpal:

It is a magical moment when playtime is successful.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Boogalo posted:

It is a magical moment when playtime is successful.

You need to replace the batteries on that catte.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Alrighty, let's have an update:

Peaches and Pie are doing well. Pie has her dental surgery this upcoming week and we've agreed to look after them while she recovers, so what initially was going to be a one-week stay ended up being around 2 months (kinda typical.)

I cleaned out their room today which meant displacing them from the foster room, BRIEFLY and they both had very strong feelings about that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G-SnKHe_14

As for Butters, what can I say? The cat loves life more than perhaps any other living thing:

Also, he's down to an even 19! Celebrated with a new catnip ball!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzReTOEuX9s

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
chili why do you have miles davis markered on your shirt is there a part about peeing your pants that is butter obscured?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

chili why do you have miles davis markered on your shirt is there a part about peeing your pants that is butter obscured?

Ha! I was wondering if anyone would notice that. That's an old shirt I had when I was a camp counselor. On the last day of camp I had all of my campers sign my shirt. Believe it or not, one of the kid's names was Miles Davis. And yes, he was the coolest camper I had.

Also, I forgot to include this picture of Monty who was also hiding due to today's cleaning. That weekend bag of my wife's is one of his favorite places :3:

Chili fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 31, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chili posted:

Ha! I was wondering if anyone would notice that. That's an old shirt I had when I was a camp counselor. On the last day of camp I had all of my campers sign my shirt. Believe it or not, one of the kid's names was Miles Davis. And yes, we was the coolest camper I had.

Also, I forgot to include this picture of Monty who was also hiding due to today's cleaning. That weekend bag of my wife's is one of his favorite places :3:

:3: you are an adorable man chili

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

sneakyfrog posted:

:3: you are an adorable man chili

I'm not the one hiding in a flower bag! :colbert:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chili posted:

I'm not the one hiding in a flower bag! :colbert:

:colbert: nobody itt is anything less than a fabulous person. besides nerd you wear your heart on your posting half the time :haw:

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Too lazy to bunny kick with both feets. But apparently one is enough to cause fat jiggle.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

LOOK AT THIS BUTTERY FACE

This deserves to be framed and displayed at a exhibit

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

LOOK AT THIS BUTTERY FACE

This deserves to be framed and displayed at a exhibit

He's still such a kitten.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Chili posted:

He's still such a kitten.

How old is Butterscotch anyways?

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I've seen cats hide behind the toilet bowl twice, and it was during a cross-state move.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Cats love hiding too much :kimchi:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Zore posted:

How old is Butterscotch anyways?

Round about 7-8

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Chili posted:

Alrighty, let's have an update:

Peaches and Pie are doing well. Pie has her dental surgery this upcoming week and we've agreed to look after them while she recovers, so what initially was going to be a one-week stay ended up being around 2 months (kinda typical.)

I cleaned out their room today which meant displacing them from the foster room, BRIEFLY and they both had very strong feelings about that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G-SnKHe_14

I wonder if there's an abandoned cat instinct to hiding in small places (or just a cat instinct) - my cat was a street girl, and she always seems most secure when she's under something. When I made the dreadful mistake of trying to take her to the vet my mom goes to and let her out in the bathroom in case she needed to piss, she hid right under the toilet.

e: Her daughters like to go on top of things, for some reason. They never hide under things.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

constantinople posted:

I wonder if there's an abandoned cat instinct to hiding in small places (or just a cat instinct) - my cat was a street girl, and she always seems most secure when she's under something. When I made the dreadful mistake of trying to take her to the vet my mom goes to and let her out in the bathroom in case she needed to piss, she hid right under the toilet.

e: Her daughters like to go on top of things, for some reason. They never hide under things.

Nah, it's a pretty normal cat thing. The funniest thing I saw was when we moved to a new place and we went looking for the cats when they hid. I found Allie behind the dryer... and then I realized I could see Fluffy's butt too. They did not get along, but I guess Fluffy decided that if Allie was on top of her, the scary new house gremlins would catch her first.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Happy Caturday!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Is Pie feeling better about things today? :3:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

I took Valentine away to the adoption centre. The shelter I volunteer for runs adoptions out of the local Petsmart.

I didn't realize I'd be this sad. I'm happy too, I know he'll find a wonderful home with people who love him, but I'm still going to miss his creaky meow. He finally purred for me last night.

This is normal, yeah? It'll pass? I hope I don't end up going back on Tuesday to get him.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

cat_herder and I had a chance to get our first foster of the year, but I have a garbage immune system and we couldn't risk a mom and babies with ringworm getting me sick. So now we wait for the next bunch to come in.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Is Pie really quiet? She looks Siamese or something, which I thought talked incessantly.

If I didn't have three cats (one of which has Issues) already, I'd be really tempted by those two. Such pretty cats, and huge. Thanks for the updates. Peaches and Pie make everything better, just like Butters does.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Thanks for the Butterscotch and buddies update! He's looking less and less sad in each update!

As for mine, I think she is starting to see me as a safe person. As I was leaving for a trip last weekend, I opened the closet door not knowing she was in there, and she dashed out. I said "it's okay, calm down, you're okay," and she stopped for a second and looked at me with complete recognition before she ducked under a dresser.

Today I fed her an extra smelly treat and she never even looked at me. It was all about the treat. She even smacked her lips.

It's coming at a glacial pace, but it is progress.

Commissar Kayla
Dec 27, 2008

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Thanks for the Butterscotch and buddies update! He's looking less and less sad in each update!

As for mine, I think she is starting to see me as a safe person. As I was leaving for a trip last weekend, I opened the closet door not knowing she was in there, and she dashed out. I said "it's okay, calm down, you're okay," and she stopped for a second and looked at me with complete recognition before she ducked under a dresser.

Today I fed her an extra smelly treat and she never even looked at me. It was all about the treat. She even smacked her lips.

It's coming at a glacial pace, but it is progress.

Keep at it!

Lily, my rescue cat, who is this positively massive orange and white maine coon mix, took the better part of a year to warm up to me, longer to warm up to my husband, and there is still constant progress being made. She spent months hiding under beds, the water heater, wherever she could fit. Over the years, she mellowed, and now will nap on our beds, hop up next to us on the couch and demand pets, and of course, serenade us to know that it is dinnertime.

Basically, keep feeding her, don't give up, and you too may end up with a demanding brat of a cat who wants constant attention and will bat at your hand if you try to stop petting her.

She's the best though. :3:

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Commissar Kayla posted:

this positively massive orange and white maine coon mix

*disbelief until photographic evidence is provided*

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Apparently cat_herder and I are the go-to people for critical situations. We have our first of the year, a 4 day old named Tank. He came to us from across the state after he failed to bond with a surrogate litter. Let the sleep deprivation begin.

No pics at the moment because our apartment is really dim after sunset. I'll try to remember to get one tomorrow.

ETA: He didn't last the night :(

Lord Zedd-Repulsa fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Apr 5, 2017

Commissar Kayla
Dec 27, 2008

Gorgar posted:

*disbelief until photographic evidence is provided*

I guess she isn't THAT big. Only fifteen pounds or so- though when we got her, she was nineteen.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Wow, somebody is pretty pissed off at you right now.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Oh my gosh that belly.

Commissar Kayla
Dec 27, 2008

Blackchamber posted:

Wow, somebody is pretty pissed off at you right now.

It's just the lighting, I swear! The little one is actually a giant sweetheart who wants nothing but snuggles, brushing, and chicken. She just... looks a bit evil with overhead lighting.

JackMann posted:

Oh my gosh that belly.

It is like petting clouds. It is so soft. It was totally worth spending a year coaxing her out from under the bed. She will tolerate us putting our faces in it and loves belly rubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Lord Zedd-Repulsa posted:

Apparently cat_herder and I are the go-to people for critical situations. We have our first of the year, a 4 day old named Tank. He came to us from across the state after he failed to bond with a surrogate litter. Let the sleep deprivation begin.

No pics at the moment because our apartment is really dim after sunset. I'll try to remember to get one tomorrow.

ETA: He didn't last the night :(

So glad you were there to at least make the attempt, Zedd. :shobon: