Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Oxxidation posted:

The hell is wrong with that

e: I guess "murderous intent" is one of those lazily translated stock phrases but the rest is fine

It is fine, but I wanted to include the first part so I don't get bitched at for taking things out of context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Difficulty question.

I'm playing on Normal and just finished the first dungeon and it's amazing how brutal it is. To the point where it's slightly tilting me to the "this is too much guys" side of things.

Is this like P4 where the first area is hard and it gets easier to manage as things go on or should I become comfortable with the idea of going to Easy if things get to be too much?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The game gets easier as you go along and your resources become more readily manageable yes.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Captain Baal posted:

Wait til you see Dominion, that motherfucker is pretty as hell
oh hell yes

I'm honestly really excited to see all the Divine race demons, they're some of my favs

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
I played the game on hard and thought that hard was a really good difficulty. When I looked at normal it seemed easy to me :)

So yes, normal gets easier.

Delror
Mar 28, 2016

Sexy robot thighs
This game is pretty great. Only ever played a few in-game months of P4G and I'm a month into P3, but I've loved my ~5 hours with this so far. Kamoshida should die tbh

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fair enough. I keep getting worked if a enemy gets a single attack in and I don't remember it being THAT punishing in P4.

It's been awhile though so eh.

Doesn't help I brute forced myself through the entire dungeon in a single day so I can have more time to hang out with my good friends.*

*May not be good friends**
**Yet

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

You will hit some walls, but it is nowhere near as unforgiving as P3 and is more forgiving than P4's as well which was already pretty forgiving

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, if you're actually using everything you have available P5 is really really easy. Probably excessively so.You won't get 100% without a guide on a first playthrough but you'll have time enough to get tons maxed out without much effort.

Thanks, I can live without a 100% the first time around, good to know I can take things relatively casually.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Keep in mind that you will just do more stuff per day than p4, and there's less huge gaps of days just gone. It's more snowbally in benefits between extra stuff you can do on the train and general benefits you get from Confidents that exist now.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah I just always get choice anxiety in these games. Finally got to the point where I'm on my own for the day, so it's good to know I do more stuff per day this time around.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Captain Baal posted:

Here's some comedy for you, your favorite characters all die

Pit dies on a constant basis anyways, that ain't nothin' new

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
I think my favorite thing so far is how every social link seems to be someone just as sketchy and morally questionable as your team

how far we've come since P3's lovely moon link

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

???

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Ann's All Out Attack splash is SO GOOD

that's all i got

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

God drat I forgot this character even existed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Who the gently caress is that

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Heath posted:

Poor Shinji, upset a kid in hotpants and died

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Heath posted:

are you kidding me, shinji owns bones and should have let ken "kids these day never wear shorts" amada eat that loving bullet

shinji would make a great phantom thief too

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Who the gently caress is that

The Moon S. Link from P3

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can see why people liked ai in p4 is that was what they were comparing to

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
remember how the very first social link in P3 was about enabling a very troubled dude's delusions about dating his teacher?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

If anyone's still having issues with the Japanese voice pack changing voices and sfx to music, here's another recommended solution: https://www.reddit.com/r/Persona5/comments/63icec/psa_japanese_voice_pack_issues_solved/

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tae posted:

I can see why people liked ai in p4 is that was what they were comparing to

He also basically gets to know you by trying to sell you Amway.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

https://twitter.com/arbys/status/849275376962478082

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

remember how the very first social link in P3 was about enabling a very troubled dude's delusions about dating his teacher?

oh poo poo I entirely forgot about him

yeah P3's are generally very forgettable compared to others, featuring "fat kid" and "wierd milf kid"and "french kid" and "athletic kid"

and then in P3P they decided "maybe we should spice things up, let's give our players the choice to be a pedophile or fingerbang a robot"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

I think my favorite thing so far is how every social link seems to be someone just as sketchy and morally questionable as your team

it's really cool and good that the Phantom Thieves are just collecting dirtbags

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean that unironically, I'm glad that this team of Lupins and Robin Hoods has a support network of equally sketchy but still ultimately decent human beings supporting them, it makes the story a lot stronger and makes me want to do all the S-Links for more than just completion's sake or a reward.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

I mean that unironically, I'm glad that this team of Lupins and Robin Hoods has a support network of equally sketchy but still ultimately decent human beings supporting them, it makes the story a lot stronger and makes me want to do all the S-Links for more than just completion's sake or a reward.

Yeah, for all of P5's little pratfalls in the script so far it's done a really good job of establishing the protag and his friends as people who have in various ways been left down and left behind by "proper" society and are forming their own little niche in that shadow.

Also Morgana's English VA is adorable and I want to pinch his little cheeks.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also, although I have just met him, Yusuke is a huge creep and I already thoroughly dislike him.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
(fusion question) So wait, do you HAVE to fuse Arsene?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oxxidation posted:

Yeah, for all of P5's little pratfalls in the script so far it's done a really good job of establishing the protag and his friends as people who have in various ways been left down and left behind by "proper" society and are forming their own little niche in that shadow.

Also Morgana's English VA is adorable and I want to pinch his little cheeks.

Morgana's voice is fine but he has a couple voice samples that legit sound like they just stole the audio of this video

Every time I hear it I just think of this loving cat

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Zore posted:

Also, although I have just met him, Yusuke is a huge creep and I already thoroughly dislike him.

Yusuke is best boy what are you talking about man

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

IceBorg posted:

Yusuke is best boy what are you talking about man

He is introduced via stalker vision and then decides to be a socially awkward creep who tries to blackmail Ann into posing nude for him so he won't report you and Ryugi to the cops

really, really lovely first impressions there!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hes pretty drat gay so its not like he wants ann to pose nude in a creepy way, he just has a legitimate artistic interest

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

hes pretty drat gay so its not like he wants ann to pose nude in a creepy way, he just has a legitimate artistic interest

Yeah, but blackmailing someone who really doesn't want to pose nude to pose nude is p. hosed up even if you aren't sexually aroused by it?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

That doesn't really make it better

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Heath posted:

I mean, I don't think so but it's like past Personas, your starter is ok but not that great, but he's almost certainly gonna come back as something OP and insane for endgame so feel no sadness fusing him

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Heath posted:

Yeah I was mad about that too, I'd barely used him before the game was forcing me to do a fusion that involved him. I know you can re-summon but ¥2000 is a lot of money at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, I don't think so but it's like past Personas, your starter is ok but not that great, but he's almost certainly gonna come back as something OP and insane for endgame so feel no sadness fusing him

Well, you don't get a chance to register him prior.