Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Axetrain posted:

2 games 2 wins. Gonna quit playing tonight before I can ruin my streak.

My IS-7 driver just hit his 4th skill what do I take? Ive already got BIA, Repairs, and Smooth Ride.

Clutch Braking.

thylacine posted:

I didn't even play today, I win.

Same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

:allears:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

lol your name is butt but spelled like some sort of weird german butt

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

:butt:e

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hellsau posted:

lol your name is butt but spelled like some sort of weird german butt

On the internet nobody knows you're a mesa

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Azhais posted:

If this is the kind of humor we're reduced to we've really hit a plateau. It's all downhill from here.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ah if only smilies were allowed as names

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
With the light tank changes will Bulldog XP be moved to the T71? I've got the crew training at the moment but I could probably turn it off and build up XP since I haven't unlocked the T71. Is the T71 going to magically unlock since I've researched the Bulldog?

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

Ah if only smilies were allowed as names

Dibs on :iamafag:

Scapegoat posted:

With the light tank changes will Bulldog XP be moved to the T71? I've got the crew training at the moment but I could probably turn it off and build up XP since I haven't unlocked the T71. Is the T71 going to magically unlock since I've researched the Bulldog?

It sounds like all XP is going to remain at-tier, so don't bank a ton of it on a vehicle that you know is being up-tiered.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Atomizer posted:

It sounds like all XP is going to remain at-tier, so don't bank a ton of it on a vehicle that you know is being up-tiered.

T71 is going too be the new t7 light for both lines so it stays at tier.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Tier 8 battle, nothing lower than a seven

"Hey guys, I'm celebrating a new record. I'm up to 40%!"

"40% what?"

"Win rate"

:cripes:

Atomizer posted:

I want :shrek:
Actually I'd want it switchable so when I'm using the KV-2 I can have :commissar:

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 5, 2017

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I shouldn't have given all of my alt accounts effectively the same email address, hopefully the scavenger hunt prize team is a script on a computer and not a really bored guy going through 10000 entries.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

So the bonus code, what exactly will it do? It says it isnt needed. Also when they hand out prizes is it first come first serve? IE the first 5% get the type 59, or will it be a random 5%?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I read good, it is a race. Bonus code "adds to your prize". However, if the bonus code comes after the rest of them then wouldnt it be wise to forgo the bonus code?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

So I managed to get "Scout" in a KV-2, on Himmelsdorf of all maps. Let that sink in for a moment; this goes alongside my "Raider" medal which I got while driving the Chinese IS-2 around Redshire.

SocketWrench posted:

"40% what?"

"Win rate"

:cripes:
Oh gently caress.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

SocketWrench posted:

"40% what?"

"Win rate"

I'm genuinely curious what it takes to pitch a 39% WR. We've had the discussion before and general consensus is that if you're at ~43%, you're a detriment to your team and would just generally be better off sitting in spawn doing nothing. What does it take to get 3% below even that?

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
There must be a set number of Type 59s being given out, because how else would you know the first 5%?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Uhhh, take the top 5% of entries?

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

Barry posted:

I'm genuinely curious what it takes to pitch a 39% WR. We've had the discussion before and general consensus is that if you're at ~43%, you're a detriment to your team and would just generally be better off sitting in spawn doing nothing. What does it take to get 3% below even that?

Generally, platooning with other bads. Ever notice how you get random platoon invites from the worst people on your team. Well, fellow bads are the only ones who accept those.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Uhhh, take the top 5% of entries?

Maybe. I don't trust WoT to be that generous since they know people will be submitting one multiple accounts. As someone with a Type 59 now, it isn't that great. It's one of my least played premiums.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

L-Boned posted:

Generally, platooning with other bads. Ever notice how you get random platoon invites from the worst people on your team. Well, fellow bads are the only ones who accept those.

They do those invites because they think they get extra platoon xp from dynamic platoons. Then they leave the platoon immediately after the match and form another dynamic platoon in the very next match.

You can tell them that dynamic platoons don't get the XP bonus for same-tier platooning, and they should notice themselves after each match where they're not getting an XP bonus, but they're pubbies, and resistant to advice.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I tend to accept those random invites because I assume it's for someone doing a platoon mission.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ Don't. Most of the time it's some suck player just spamming everyone with an invite till he gets a platoon together. All they'll do is drag you down. either find a friend willing to destroy their sanity and play with you, or platoon with some fellow clan members. but random invites are normally shitters looking for a free ride.

Barry posted:

I think mine's around 45 or so. I'm certainly not proud of it. I admit I'm not a great player, but even carrying teams you just get stuck with a lot of bad teams. I had a streak of 9 blowouts this morning where the entire stack of heavies and mediums melted without doing a whole lot. There seems to be a new trend on the Malinovka map where all the heavies camp or ignore the hill to just get wasted by arty and TDs. Got on Lakeview and no one wanted to spot the middle road while all our mediums and a heavy were held up in valley by a single medium. I've gotten more damage points a few times than the rest of the team spotting in a KV-2. Watched my team's heavies get lost and spread out on Ensk to be picked off one at a time. I've even watched half the team lemming train off a cliff to try and crush some idiot that slid down there backing up on the Arctic map. But on everything I play I'm getting second mastery and third mastery pretty often with a sprinkling of first mastery. I'm just at a loss on what more can be done when your team definitely, absolutely wants to lose.

Tier Xs seem to be a special brand of retard. Like they make it and then think everyone has to listen to their "sagely" advice or suffer a dressing down for not listening. And then when those players are proven wrong, they continue to bitch about how lovely a player you are

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Apr 5, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

SocketWrench posted:

^ Don't. Most of the time it's some suck player just spamming everyone with an invite till he gets a platoon together. All they'll do is drag you down. either find a friend willing to destroy their sanity and play with you, or platoon with some fellow clan members. but random invites are normally shitters looking for a free ride.

I'm not sticking with them after the one battle and I'm not paying them any additional attention during said battle.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

SocketWrench posted:

There seems to be a new trend on the Malinovka map where all the heavies camp or ignore the hill to just get wasted by arty and TDs.

Lol this isn't new. This has been a thing ever since well forever really.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They do those invites because they think they get extra platoon xp from dynamic platoons. Then they leave the platoon immediately after the match and form another dynamic platoon in the very next match.

You can tell them that dynamic platoons don't get the XP bonus for same-tier platooning, and they should notice themselves after each match where they're not getting an XP bonus, but they're pubbies, and resistant to advice.

If they listened to advice and understood game mechanics they wouldn't be 40%ers.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

All I know is that I deserve 22 tier 8 premium tanks.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Barry posted:

After 5k or so battles, griefing is almost certainly the cause for this sort of WR. Nobody can be that bad at WoT regardless of how much RNG the game throws around. I'm stagnating on just over 52% WR now after just under 20k battles, although I still get called a retard thanks to often going into full autopilot during long sessions (or when the session is early-on displaying all signs of being an awful loving waste of time that I can't shake myself away from). When I get my usual platoon together we can perform all sorts of subtle carrying antics amid the sea of mediocrity and 44% WR retards infesting the EU servers, but the biggest enemy we have currently is the matchmaker.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

SocketWrench posted:

Tier Xs seem to be a special brand of retard. Like they make it and then think everyone has to listen to their "sagely" advice or suffer a dressing down for not listening. And then when those players are proven wrong, they continue to bitch about how lovely a player you are

I have no idea what it would actually be but it would be nice if there was some sort of barrier to entry for each tier. Display at least SOME level of technical competence before you can pollute higher tiers with your particular brand of worthlessness.

• You have 5 shots and 45s with a 200pen gun, pen a Type 5
  • Lead a target successfully three times in a row
  • Drive in a straight line without ramming your teammates
  • Multiple choice questions based on map type and team makeup, where should you probably be going?
  • Fog a mirror
  • Angle your tank to bounce 5 shots
  • Get X amount of spotting damage in one battle before you can drive a higher tier light tank

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Barry posted:

I have no idea what it would actually be but it would be nice if there was some sort of barrier to entry for each tier. Display at least SOME level of technical competence before you can pollute higher tiers with your particular brand of worthlessness.

• You have 5 shots and 45s with a 200pen gun, pen a Type 5
  • Lead a target successfully three times in a row
  • Drive in a straight line without ramming your teammates
  • Multiple choice questions based on map type and team makeup, where should you probably be going?
  • Fog a mirror
  • Angle your tank to bounce 5 shots
  • Get X amount of spotting damage in one battle before you can drive a higher tier light tank

*Pay a 500 gold tax to skip these requirements

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Barry posted:

I tend to accept those random invites because I assume it's for someone doing a platoon mission.

I used to do that too, but then I noticed that it almost always seemed to be a player colored red or gray by XVM and I realized that inviting everyone on the team to a platoon was added to bot programming.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Barry posted:

Help the other team win. I've seen it usually not be griefing, but instead, ending up in tanks that are anchors (strong heavy with high hit points for tier) and giving it to the enemy team. Don't do damage, die at a time that helps the enemy team start their snowball, don't play a corner well, don't play the correct role/map area, and so on. And just do that every single game. If a t10 game has 22k hit points per team, let's say, and you give up your E100 and do no damage, it gives the other team confidence, removes a fear factor keeping their 39% reds from pressing W longer, kills off 10% of your team's hit point pool, and more.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bsAyu8_QhU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, I get a kick out of sniping E-25s and just blasting Cromwells at full speed. It's a great tank as long as you know its limitations and take along a buddy. Once you're on your own though, it's sheer luck that keeps you alive.
The biggest issue I have while using it is arty. Once they spot a KV-2 you become numero target number 1 (psst, it's because they're jealous)
That's where you're wrong, friend. The KV-2 is always strong and powerful, even if he's on his own and turns into scout-KV-2:

2368 spotting and 1035 damage blocked, haha. Best tank.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Barry posted:

It's significantly more difficult, and requires substantially more coordination with platoonmates, to get a 39% winrate compared with getting a 59% winrate.

If you're trying to stat bad (the opposite of stat pad) you need to do the exact same things that would otherwise earn an exceptionally high winrate:
  • Platoon with two other players with the same goal as you to ensure you can affect the flow of the match
  • Choose tanks that are reliably top tier, such as tier tens or pref matchmaking premiums, so that your platoon has the biggest portion of firepower on your team
  • Identify the biggest threats or most useful player and either suppress or kill them
That last one is the key. If you are trying to win, outright killing the best enemy player, or outright killing the enemy top tier autoloader, even if it takes a good chunk of health off of you and your platoonmates, can turn a potentially close game into a slaughter. Equally if you're trying to lose, taking half the HP off your best top tier teammate, or pushing your teammates into enemy fire, or pretending to be useful so that your teammates assume you're rational and then intentionally allowing the enemy to take advantage of your absence - all these things can enable the enemy to just win outright. Like, if your platoon is right beside one of your teammate top tier heavies, that player may let a close enemy shoot them so they can get a trackwheel shot under the assumption that you three jackasses will shoot the tracked broadside enemy and oh wait what's this? Oh look the stat badder is now blocking them and not even trying to shoot the enemies and oh whoops accidentally shot you and damaged your engine, sorry mate.

Back in the day there was a clan named [ARMED] that sold toasters and dishwashers with their clan logo. If you had an [ARMED] platoon on your team you were hosed.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Azhais posted:

Hey!

Also, the T10 American light tank looks right up my alley.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Bumping good players when they're aiming and parking behind them when they peek around corners are two key tricks in a stat badder's arsenal.

Personally, I just perform the PIT maneuver on everyone I can.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

pretending to be useful so that your teammates assume you're rational and then intentionally allowing the enemy to take advantage of your absence

this one is especially deadly in my experience

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Back in the day there was a clan named [ARMED] that sold toasters and dishwashers with their clan logo.

huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I'd buy a toaster with the pansy logo on it, but only if on the other side it says "im gay"