Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

mrkillboy posted:

Also if anyone is looking for a new single player beat em up, I've also been playing Into the Badlands: Blade Battle, which came out of soft launch last week. It's a really slick arena brawler with a fun and intuitive tap and swipe-based combat system along with all the usual character collecting.

I've been playing this all week, thanks!

It has an energy system but it's energy per each character, so once you hit a good roster size it doesn't seem like much of a problem. Making decent progress this whole time although it always seems like I'm starved for gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If Clash Royale and Hitman Sniper had a baby, Ubisoft would probably call it Tom Clancy's ShadowBreak, which has just been soft launched in Canada. It'll be out elsewhere "later this year".

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 2, 2017

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

mrkillboy posted:

If Clash Royale and Hitman Sniper had a baby, Ubisoft would probably call it Tom Clancy's ShadowBreak, which has just been soft launched in Canada. It'll be out elsewhere "later this year".

Servers down

Looks like the bank robber game I saw a while ago (can't remember the name)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Snipers vs Thieves?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

EzEight posted:

From the Reddit it seems that changing equipment will cost gold...wtf...

Changing equipment costs coins, not gold. And it only costs coins when you remove it. Doesn't need the premium currency to remove them.

I am rocking with blue 3* Lu Bu, blue 4* Zhang He, and green 3* Wang Yuanji. Zhang is an absolute beast, and I have fused some 3* reds of him to beef up his skills.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
If you're unlucky enough to live in Australia and New Zealand (and maybe some other countries) you can check out Epic's first ever Android game Battle Breakers, some kind of hero collection puzzle RPG thing. Again, expect a worldwide release in future.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

If you're unlucky enough to live in Australia and New Zealand (and maybe some other countries) you can check out Epic's first ever Android game Battle Breakers, some kind of hero collection puzzle RPG thing. Again, expect a worldwide release in future.

Not soft-launched in Canada but I Pre-Registered for a free hero-dude thing. Guess I'll check it out to see if it can fill the void PAD has left me. Nothing so far has managed to.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I didn't pre register and still got the rewards fyi

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Anybody tried Forge of Glory? (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.kefirgames.fog).

Only played through the tutorial as I'm at work, but seems like a cool cross between puzzle and dragons and summoner wars.

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010

Roid666 posted:

Anybody tried Forge of Glory? (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.kefirgames.fog).

Only played through the tutorial as I'm at work, but seems like a cool cross between puzzle and dragons and summoner wars.

Can anyone on a base S6 confirm if this is working for them? Seems like a lot of people on S7s (but not edges) are having trouble getting the 505 error and I'm suffering the same on my base S6.

Looks pretty fun, I was thinking about redownloading PaD the other day so this should help fight that urge.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Roid666 posted:

Played it for a week and uninstalled it. Its not really a puzzler, feels like more of a gimmick there is an auto option to not do the puzzling.

The thing that caused me to uninstall is the crappy gatcha rates.

It really doesn't bring anything new to the table.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

I don't remember if it's been mentioned but Soul Knight is pretty​ drat fun in short bursts

Phone posting: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ChillyRoom.DungeonShooter

It's basically like enter the gungeon but for phones

Try it

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Duggler posted:

I don't remember if it's been mentioned but Soul Knight is pretty​ drat fun in short bursts

Phone posting: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ChillyRoom.DungeonShooter

It's basically like enter the gungeon but for phones

Try it

This looks Great! Downloading it now.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

IAmTheRad posted:

Changing equipment costs coins, not gold. And it only costs coins when you remove it. Doesn't need the premium currency to remove them.

I am rocking with blue 3* Lu Bu, blue 4* Zhang He, and green 3* Wang Yuanji. Zhang is an absolute beast, and I have fused some 3* reds of him to beef up his skills.

Changing equipment does, but only when the equipment is 4 or more stars. I have been playing since beta and that's a new thing. Hopefully people will complain and they'll change it back, but for now, just don't plan on ever taking weapons or armor off of your main guys and never equip something unless you absolutely need it equipped. I currently am rolling with a 5* Green Lu Bu, 5* Blue Zhao Yun and a 5* Red Guan Yu. Need to get some more guys to 5* so I can get them to 6* now, Zhao is level 50 and I'm grinding the others now.

I'm enjoying it so far.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

deathbagel posted:

Changing equipment does, but only when the equipment is 4 or more stars. I have been playing since beta and that's a new thing. Hopefully people will complain and they'll change it back, but for now, just don't plan on ever taking weapons or armor off of your main guys and never equip something unless you absolutely need it equipped. I currently am rolling with a 5* Green Lu Bu, 5* Blue Zhao Yun and a 5* Red Guan Yu. Need to get some more guys to 5* so I can get them to 6* now, Zhao is level 50 and I'm grinding the others now.

I'm enjoying it so far.

I just wanted to add that my favorite character so far is the guy whose weapon is a rolled up rug. And it's a good game so far.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

mrkillboy posted:

Not a single in game/gameplay screenshot amazing.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

socialsecurity posted:

Not a single in game/gameplay screenshot amazing.

*stacks mad cash anyway* :smug:

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015
Out There: Ω Edition is on sale for $0.20 in Aus (not sure if it is elsewhere). Seems to be a story driven space survival game and is touting itself as a 'hard game'. The art looks great and the soundtrack is by the same guy that did Antichamber and The Stanley Parable. I haven't tried it yet but I think I will.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Unless the Omega edition fundamentally changes the game, don't bother.

edit: checked on youtube and it looks the same. Orbit, Land, drill, take off, jump, over and over again until the game warps you to a system you can't get out of.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Yeah, out there is fun for a little bit, but it isn't so much "hard" as it is unforgivingly randomized from what I remember. It's probably alright for twenty cents though

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For fans of robots beating the poo poo out of each other, Transformers: Forged to Fight, from the makers of Marvel: Contest of Champions, is out now.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

There are 14 more Transformers movies coming. I guess that means there are also 14 more games coming...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Yeah, out there is fun for a little bit, but it isn't so much "hard" as it is unforgivingly randomized from what I remember. It's probably alright for twenty cents though

Probably better uses for $0.20 tbh

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
I was pretty disappointed with Out There: Omega. I was super conservative with my use of resources, made effort to pile my cargo holds with materials while being as efficient as possible. Then I bottom out in a system where your engines can't reach the next node. (On two separate runs) You can sometimes stumble on your abandoned ship the next time around. That was kinda novel the first few times but usually not enough resources to give you an edge on subsequent runs. Not sure how the game generates the paths, but at least allow you to still reach that glowing destination with your current engine. I thought I was going places when I unlocked the wormhole thing. Nope! That still have limited reach and I ran out of steam two jumps later. It really does kill the urge to continue.

TL;DR Your progress is directly reliant on the RNG giving you favorable events, not just a lack of bad ones.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
out there isn't a game that lets you feel like you planned well, really. they may have added more content in the new edition but when I played it it also felt very sparse, like I was always getting the same things happening each time

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Soul Knight is really loving good, you guys.

Sockmafia
Mar 4, 2015
Well that's disappointing. Out There sounds awesome one paper. I guess I'll use my 20c on something else.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Epic Cardgame alpha is proving to be exactly what it claims to be. No catches. I own It and its expansions.

For those not in the know think Magic the gathering if there was no collecting and all the cards are Mythic level of power and cost 1 gold or 0 gold. You and your opponent have 1 gold to spend per turn. No Counter spells. Unlimited attack phases but limited by your army which never gets outta hand.

Unlike all these other poo poo rear end games on android there isn't a catch. You pay a fair price and get a more than fair game and its account based so I start a match on Android and finish it on Steam. I bought the game once.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Got a link? I typed it into a play store and lots of freemium games showed up

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, Mass Effect Andromeda sort of introduced me to sudoku with the remnant puzzles and I kind of love it now and was wondering if there were any great apps with varying difficulty levels (since I'm still pretty stupid with them) out?

Doesn't have to be strictly numbers since it was symbol based in MEA.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Artelier posted:

Got a link? I typed it into a play store and lots of freemium games showed up

Its in alpha for kickstarter backers (too late) but its release is later this year and its not a collectable card game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1172937197/epic-digital-card-game
http://www.epiccardgame.com/

They made star realms which is out for a while and very good.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Deakul posted:

So, Mass Effect Andromeda sort of introduced me to sudoku with the remnant puzzles and I kind of love it now and was wondering if there were any great apps with varying difficulty levels (since I'm still pretty stupid with them) out?

Doesn't have to be strictly numbers since it was symbol based in MEA.

try Inequality? Phone posting but the logo is like math symbols larger than and smaller than together.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Millennial Sexlord posted:

If you like this game and want more like it, play Enter the Gungeon on PC and consoles.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

cage-free egghead posted:

If you like this game and want more like it, play Enter the Gungeon on PC and consoles.

I already have, I'm just really stoked that this is on Android too.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I like what Soul Knight is going for but I absolutely suck at all touch controls that try to emulate analog sticks or other physically real controls. The automatic aiming helps with half the problem but if there are any traps later I have to dodge I don't think I'll be able to do so reliably like I could in Enter the Gungeon (operator error aside which is bad enough by itself). It looks good otherwise though for the little I've seen of it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I like what Soul Knight is going for but I absolutely suck at all touch controls that try to emulate analog sticks or other physically real controls. The automatic aiming helps with half the problem but if there are any traps later I have to dodge I don't think I'll be able to do so reliably like I could in Enter the Gungeon (operator error aside which is bad enough by itself). It looks good otherwise though for the little I've seen of it.

There is a setting that doesn't lock the left stick down, it works really well

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

roguey smash tv is pretty good

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A beta of card game The Elder Scrolls: Legends is out now for "a few select tablets".

edit: Also it requires iOS 10 or newer apparently :v:

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

mrkillboy posted:

edit: Also it requires iOS 10 or newer apparently :v:

That should be perfect for everyone in the Android thread...