Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
The only kokjugend I know shitposts like a champ, so this checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

quote:

Trump: Muuri rakennetaan suomalaisesta puusta

Kaikkien aikojen mottitalkoot alkavat ensi viikolla.

USA:n presidentti Donald Trump on ilmoittanut hetki sitten, että Yhdysvaltain ja Meksikon rajalle rakennettava muuri tehdään suomalaisesta PEFC-sertifioidusta puusta. Yhteensä miljoonia lankkukuutioita sisältävä tilaus vahvistetaan vielä tänään lauantaina, kertoo special advicer Ivanka Trump Trumpin esikunnasta MT:lle.

Muurin materiaalivalinta nousi esille heti USA:n presidentinvaalin ratkettua. Yleisesti epäiltiin, mikä voisi sopia noin massiiviseen kohteeseen. MTK:n metsävaltuuskunnan puheenjohtaja Mikko Tiirola ilmoitti suomalaisten metsänomistajien ojentavan asiassa auttavan kätensä.

”Tämä on parasta, mitä suomalaiselle metsänomistajalle on koskaan tapahtunut. Tässä nähdään onnistuneen edunvalvonnan tulos ja saadaan katetta MTK:n jäsenmaksuille”, Tiirola hehkuttaa.

Myös lankkukuorman tilaaja on tyytyväinen.

”Suomaisesta puusta saadaan maailman paras muuri, It’s the greatest wall ever ”, Donald Trump varovasti arvioi.

[...]

Vastakauppana hankkeeseen kuuluu, että Suomi tilaa Yhdysvalloista 1000 kpl F35-hävittäjiä.

”Hankinta avaa mahdollisuuden palauttaa suomalaiset maitotuotteet takaisin venäläisten kauppojen hyllyille. Samalla voidaan kymmenkertaistaa Suomen peltoala”, Marttila missioi.

I hope you enjoy herring and muddy water! :haw:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

quote:

Vastakauppana hankkeeseen kuuluu, että Suomi tilaa Yhdysvalloista 1000 kpl F35-hävittäjiä.

Jesus poo poo MT, a little joke is fine, but this is going too far.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Odotan, että tuota siteerataan ihan vakavissaan seuraavat 10 vuotta.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Speaking of Kokoomus, they've fielded a terrific candidate in Tampere :haw:

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 3, 2017

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Melkoinen matka Piraateista ensin Muutokseen ja sitten Kokoomukseen.

HerraS fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 2, 2017

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

http://blogit.image.fi/uuninpankkopoikasakutimonen/2017/03/28/pilaantuneet-evaat/

Some people have quite overinflated assumption about the powers a municipality councillor has, or what they do in general (for example nothing where machine guns are relevant)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

DarkCrawler posted:

http://blogit.image.fi/uuninpankkopoikasakutimonen/2017/03/28/pilaantuneet-evaat/

Some people have quite overinflated assumption about the powers a municipality councillor has, or what they do in general (for example nothing where machine guns are relevant)

This reminds me of Halla-aho complaining about the TF heads rejecting some of the applicants to the party for party political reasons, which the said heads denying such practices taking place. Judging from the examples shown in that link, one might think Halla-aho is just trying to generate some drama.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Chinese president Xi Jinping admires our lakes, educational system and Linux, like the commie that he is.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rexroom posted:

This reminds me of Halla-aho complaining about the TF heads rejecting some of the applicants to the party for party political reasons, which the said heads denying such practices taking place. Judging from the examples shown in that link, one might think Halla-aho is just trying to generate some drama.

I mean the rejected people are probably 95% Halla-Aho supporters based on the fact that they are insane enough to get rejected by loving Persut but unless they mentioned that in the application how are they supposed to know who they are for?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
Why do the worst candidates always have a hockey team logo superimposed on their photo

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Herman Merman posted:

Why do the worst candidates always have a hockey team logo superimposed on their photo

Tribalism.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Hockey supporters: The natural progression from the Academic Karelian Society.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
LMAO watching the vaalitentti, Soini keeps saying that MOTHERS AND FATHERS ARE CHILD REARING PROFESSIONALS and WE USED TO DO JUST FINE WITHOUT (actually educated) CHILDCARE

...uhh I literally see people with kids daily who shouldn't have absolutely anything to do with them and pretty sure they used to allow beating up your kids before professionals proved that is not actually good. Where the gently caress does this retard think that that most terrible people come from?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Rexroom posted:

Hockey supporters: The natural progression from the Academic Karelian Society.

But enough about Teemu "14 words" Selänne.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
8, more like 88

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
http://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000005155788.html

With every passing day, people who add a t after ääripää become bigger jokes. There is no equivalent behaviour on the other side of the discussion.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

http://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000005155788.html

There is no equivalent behaviour on the other side of the discussion.

http://www.satakunnankansa.fi/satakunta/vaalimainosvandaalit-varastivat-sotkivat-ja-tuhosivat-14125732/

todellako?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

In article which cited literal death threats, night-time phone calls, virulent racist statements/threats online under someone's own name and menacing confrontations on the street, did you really think I was referring to someone vandalizing a poster? I don't think you did so in that case that is just weak.

Also I don't think the other side is big on drawing swastikas or going after Greens but I thought that would be self-evident.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

In article which cited literal death threats, night-time phone calls, virulent racist statements/threats online under someone's own name and menacing confrontations on the street, did you really think I was referring to someone vandalizing a poster? I don't think you did so in that case that is just weak.

Also I don't think the other side is big on drawing swastikas or going after Greens but I thought that would be self-evident.

Soini has gotten multiple death threats in the past and other persus have been threatened too

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 5, 2017

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Andrast posted:

Soini has gotten multiple death threats in the past

From who? He's done a shitload of things to piss off people, including the people in his own wing. "Ääripäät" refers to the immigrant/asylum seeker debate. Has someone sent Soini a death threat because of his policies there?

EDIT: by his own wing I mean he and Persut sold everything else except immigration down the river so Soini could become a Minister I could name half a dozen other reasons why someone would want to threaten him

I am aware that literally every major public figure recieves death threats, usually not related to immigration.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Apr 5, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Way to muddy the issue with wishy-washy what-aboutism. The issue is that people's democratic duties are being stifled by undemocratic thugs who consider some candidates as inhuman second class citizens who seem to get a free pass in society for their behaviour. That's inherently bad, no?

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Lol syö paskaa

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Rexroom posted:

Way to muddy the issue with wishy-washy what-aboutism. The issue is that people's democratic duties are being stifled by undemocratic thugs who consider some candidates as inhuman second class citizens who seem to get a free pass in society for their behaviour. That's inherently bad, no?

But enough about Persut, how's everyone doing with the vaalikoneet?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I've voted already, so now I'm just mildly annoyed at the people who accost you with flyers every time you take a single step south of steissi.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

I've voted already, so now I'm just mildly annoyed at the people who accost you with flyers every time you take a single step south of steissi.

I told one of them I'd already voted, and she piped up with "ai että, voi harmi!!". Like, you're sad that I voted? That's nice, lady.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rexroom posted:

Yeah, and ultimately nothing will be done with the usual suspects being all "Ääripäät" and "Tolkun ihmiset" and "Rauhoittukaas kaikki/molemmat nyt" like there is some sort of equivalent movement on the other side of the debate to the same degree, instead of the only identifiable existing strain of hate that congregates on specific places in internet, feeds misinformation on known publications, and by and large votes for a single party that spurs them on with what is in many cases open racism by its elected officials. They get a free pass because said party is in government.

Somehow a large number of people believe there are mythical "suvakkis" who are equivalent to people who yell at brown kids on public transport. I don't even know what that would be - some vihervasemmistorastapää harassing a random bald guy in a bus because they think he is a nazi?

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Apr 5, 2017

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, when we have literal Red Brigades or something patrolling the streets and firebombing people you buncha ligurs get to claim equivalence, but until then this is just more whataboutism to excuse the behaviour of racist criminals and shut down even the slightest hint of criticism of their enablers.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let me guess, the idiots that vandalize small businesses on every Independence Day don't count?

Or this guy: http://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000004890559.html

It very much is "ääripäät"

And lil at the idea of a free pass when PS municipal candidates are being threatened with losing their jobs because being PS looks bad

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Let me guess, the idiots that vandalize small businesses on every Independence Day don't count?

Or this guy: http://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000004890559.html

It very much is "ääripäät"

The idiots are anarchists. Anarchists are not left, or right by historical context and very loving definition of the word. There are about five gazillion different schools of anarchism, including anarcho-capitalism, post-left anarchism (literally a school of thought dedicated to emphasizing how they are very much not left-wing), individualist anarchism, post-anarchist-anarchism, and so on. They fight with right-wing because the right wing is the only one who puts similar idiots on the streets to fight with them. Also they have said literally nothing about refugees or asylum policy and I have no idea what they think about that in any way or form. They're mostly concerned with bringing down the established political order regardless of which party is in power. Probably not hard to guess that most of them aren't too into Islam in any manner though.

And haha, when I think about suvakkis or people concerned about rights of refugees and asylum seekers I think about loving ISIS. You're talking about people who literally attack refugee camps. Jesus Christ try harder.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Apr 5, 2017

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

DarkCrawler posted:

The idiots are anarchists. Anarchists are not left, or right by historical context and very loving definition of the word. There are about five gazillion different schools of anarchism, including anarcho-capitalism, post-left anarchism (literally a school of thought dedicated to emphasizing how they are very much not left-wing), individualist anarchism, post-anarchist-anarchism, and so on. They fight with right-wing because the right wing is the only one who puts similar idiots on the streets to fight with them. Also they have said literally nothing about refugees or asylum policy and I have no idea what they think about that in any way or form. They're mostly concerned with bringing down the established political order regardless of which party is in power. Probably not hard to guess that most of them aren't too into Islam in any manner though.

And haha, when I think about suvakkis or people concerned about rights of refugees and asylum seekers I think about loving ISIS. You're talking about people who literally attack refugee camps. Jesus Christ try harder.
Anti-immigration is also not a right wing value but a nationalist one.

I'm pretty pretty sure that these particular anarchists are voting LA or Green in every election. They're probably also the same people who attack anti-immigrant political demonstrations, so it doesn't take that much brain power to try to figure out what their views on immigration are. Of course you're just going to deny that they're the same people and blahblahblah, which you're right, is quite unprovable, just like it's not possible to link any particular group to the vandalism/threats recently.

And the ISIS thing was just to show that politicians on both sides of the asylum seeker issue are subject to a lot of threats.

Also: It's also funny how this ISIS thing doesn't get mentioned at all in these HS articles about threats to politicians but some PS local politician's Facebook posts will be mentioned in every single article.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

se siitä vasukkien suvakkiudesta

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Somehow I'm not surprised that the local kok is totally fine with violent racist gangs becoming normalized up to the point of getting open support from a government party and tries to justify this with some rando who bricked a store window once.

Cerebral Bore fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 5, 2017

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Never claimed otherwise. Right-wing parties are the ones espousing it in Finland though in the context of the immigration debate. Well honestly just one right-wing party, really, others are just letting them do their thing.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

I'm pretty pretty sure that these particular anarchists are voting LA or Green in every election. They're probably also the same people who attack anti-immigrant political demonstrations, so it doesn't take that much brain power to try to figure out what their views on immigration are. Of course you're just going to deny that they're the same people and blahblahblah, which you're right, is quite unprovable, just like it's not possible to link any particular group to the vandalism/threats recently.

Just...did you just say that anarchists vote? :psyduck: Have you met an actual anarchist? I have and their political contributions in any election are mostly vandalizing posters. Last municipal election voting percentage was 58% or so, you really think the counter number doesn't include them?

Geriatric Pirate posted:

And the ISIS thing was just to show that politicians on both sides of the asylum seeker issue are subject to a lot of threats.

Irrelevant to any point I was making. All politicians, all public figures are subject to threats. We are talking about the immigration debate inside Finland, in which one side is much much much much much worse then the other.

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Also: It's also funny how this ISIS thing doesn't get mentioned at all in these HS articles about threats to politicians but some PS local politician's Facebook posts will be mentioned in every single article.

Maybe it is because ISIS has threatened every person on this planet that doesn't ascribe to their particular brand of militant Wahhabism, directly or indirectly, and the PS politician is an elected representative in the second-largest city of the country that we, you know, live in, thus making it a bit more relevant.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Apr 5, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Geriatric Pirate posted:

"But really, we should concentrate on fence posts more than the fence itself."

We are probably in agreement with that people interfering in other people's democratic duties is a serious threat to our democratic institutes. What the attackers vote for is secondary and just moves the talking point away from the issue at hand. When even Susanna Koski of NC is being heckled with death threats in open streets, that's just not acceptable, regardless of what I think of her personally. Finland is rated high for our free and fair democratic elections, and that poo poo just undermines those institutions.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Rexroom posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about and what "free pass"?

Nobody is defending calling in nightly death-threats or whatever. But a group like feministipuolue will sure as hell activate all the people to the tune of 4chan/pol who like to troll the tumbrl left with memes and threats and whatever triggers them.

edit:

Rexroom posted:

We are probably in agreement with that people interfering in other people's democratic duties is a serious threat to our democratic institutes. What the attackers vote for is secondary and just moves the talking point away from the issue at hand. When even Susanna Koski of NC is being heckled with death threats in open streets, that's just not acceptable, regardless of what I think of her personally. Finland is rated high for our free and fair democratic elections, and that poo poo just undermines those institutions.

Yes, well, exactly.

But I have the feeling you are taking this "thugs" (whoever you think they are, from my POV it seems they are all over the political map) and their death threats sliiightly too seriously.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ligur posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about and what "free pass"?

Nobody is defending calling in nightly death-threats or whatever. But a group like feministipuolue will sure as hell activate all the people to the tune of 4chan/pol who like to troll the tumbrl left with memes and threats and whatever triggers them.

You're slipping man. Didn't even take two posts to start the victim blaming this time.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Cerebral Bore posted:

You're slipping man. Didn't even take two posts to start the victim blaming this time.

OMG I'm "victimg blaming" Soini, Susanna Koski, and everyone else who receives threats.

You don't apparently know what victim blaming means so mind not using the term thnx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Oh my friggin' GAWD. *boohoo* and *whine*.

A party and a politician whose politics are based on playing the victim card and identity politics of the victim and the oppressed, are playing the victim and oppressed card? Oh my! I never...

These people should know political violence isn't a thing in Finland* and yes, you have to listen to people who disagree with you calling you name and yes, small fringe parties get their posters vandalized (when we had Muutos back in the day, all their posters were immediately, like torn out in Helsinki... didn't see hs.fi crying about that though!) and yeah people are not nice.

I have listened to people shouting threats at perceived "nazis" and "persus" dozens of times and nobody ever takes it seriously and I don't hear those folks cry about it on hesari.

*vassarit hyökkää yhtä marssia vastaan kerran vuodessa, ja rikkoo kauppoja kun on itsenäisyyspäivä, ja SVL riehuu flaijereita jakaessaan sen kolmannen kerran, tosi hurja mesta tämä Suomi

Ligur fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 5, 2017