Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i used to slash the gently caress out myself lol depends on your meps doc I was emo as gently caress back in the day, i'm embarrassed as gently caress by it but w/e thats what growing up is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

really should go back to "these fuckers already dont give a gently caress about me" or whatever

Shim my man you don't know how good y'all had it in the USAF. I never heard anyoen in the army say they should've joined the USMC or USN but "I should have joined the USAF" was almost daily, ya'all lived the high life

probably helps being stripped of 200 years of "tradition"

lol i went to the USAF recruiting station while i was on mid tour leave to see if they would take prior service

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Obstacle2 posted:

lol i went to the USAF recruiting station while i was on mid tour leave to see if they would take prior service

when I got out hte first time I called a USAF recruiter and they called me back all excited and then I was like "I was in the Army" and that phonecall ended in about 10 seconds

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

anyhow mike-o man please feel free to talk with me anytime, you can pm me or we could hangouts or something IDC, I like you and the poo poo you say so I promise I don't mean this in some feel good way dude like whatever man. i know you saw more poo poo than me but whatever man you're my homie

Dude I'm just an idiot who joined the infantry and hosed my brain.

If we ever all get together in Leavenworth or I just swing by man I'd love to have a beer with ya and listen to some old records. Serious.

Professing my bro love for HCT, idgaf.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
come bring that WA weed to idaho I have a spare room and i'm home alone most of the summer anyhow

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

when I got out hte first time I called a USAF recruiter and they called me back all excited and then I was like "I was in the Army" and that phonecall ended in about 10 seconds

yeah thats just about how my in person conversation with them went

where do you do army poo poo in idaho?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Obstacle2 posted:

yeah thats just about how my in person conversation with them went

where do you do army poo poo in idaho?

Nothing now, I was assigned to recruit here and just kinda stayed here because I had no where else to go

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
artist rendition of mike-o and I smoking weed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D00M2KZH1J0

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Nothing now, I was assigned to recruit here and just kinda stayed here because I had no where else to go

I lived in Boise for a few years, it was surprisingly chill. Idaho isn't too bad.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i'm in............north idaho aka aryan nation so IDK. I'm unfamiliar with that south idaho napoleon dynamite poo poo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mike-o posted:

These three old ladies were with a big group of people welcoming troops and all that poo poo. They took me and some other guys out to dinner so we weren't stuck in the hotel and bought us food and booze.

Did you get laid? :smuggo:

Mike-o posted:

gently caress, even with my stupid family it's just empty platitudes, like I'm kind of cutting off contact with my family right now because of I'm just loving tired of their poo poo, I laid it all out to my aunt about all the poo poo, especially how my family didn't even bother to mail me letters or try to call me while I was deployed

Same thing bro. I've been deployed a bunch and never heard from any of mine. I don't really care because I didn't write/call any of them either. :shrug:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I want to shoot a M60 again.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Syrian Lannister posted:

I want to shoot a M60 again.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mustang posted:

Guess who gets to go back out to Yakima to be an OC for some other units training

Hahahahahaha oh my loving god

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Army Thread: I hurt myself today, to see if I could feel.

That's everyday.

I explained to my wife how the cycle of poo poo starts and how sometimes a small snarky comment can lead me to spiraling depression. Took a long time to figure out why.

Also the WORST unit to be in is a non combat unit like a HHC because they are always the mentality of "we are badasses too guys!" And volunteer to do this stupid bullshit. Like my unit was 7 people. We had to have a goddamn formation and do PRT because that's the "real army"

Suck my loving balls dude I picked non combat because I didn't want to deal with the gently caress gently caress bullshit.

This dude was so bad he literally said to us "I'll do anything not to get in trouble." Piece of poo poo is rude to his kid too.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

come bring that WA weed to idaho I have a spare room and i'm home alone most of the summer anyhow

If you need something pm me

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
haha I can get some too I'm just lazy. I haven't smoked in months and trying to keep it that way but everyday I read the news I look longingly at my paraphernalia box

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Don't worry man I'll bring ya some if we ever hang out.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Found out today my new work place is one big cubicle farm

On the plus side, the dude I'm replacing is getting his MBA and has already been a huge help for starting the process

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

haha I can get some too I'm just lazy. I haven't smoked in months and trying to keep it that way but everyday I read the news I look longingly at my paraphernalia box

SMOKE BITCH

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Grognan posted:

SMOKE BITCH

CANT SMOKE A ROCK

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Can't smoke a quitter

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

CANT SMOKE A ROCK

Unless it's crack.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Smoke Crack status: still a bitch?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Icon Of Sin posted:

Smoke Crack status: still a bitch?
I have just received confirmation from higher that codename Smoke Crack is still a bitch.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Remember when smoke crack live streamed that he was going to do the hour of power with 4lokos and only bought enough for it to last like 20 minutes and took like 1/4 shots

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Hey Mustang look at the bright side: at least it won't be the peace time army much longer.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

And you have those double V hulls so that's a plus.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Mustang when an unexpected plane flies overhead don't look up at it because faces looking at the recon plane are one of the easiest way's they spot soldiers!

I mean assuming you're camouflaged and not in a giant green vehicle in the desert or something

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Edit: I'm dumb, and forgot how the army works.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lmao if you don't think mustang isn't a bit pumped up to get a combat patch

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i don't give a gently caress what he says here but everyone without a patch is always all gungho wanting to be patton and poo poo

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I don't have one, don't care to have one, most likely never going to get one (those odds are drastically higher after today though).

Lots of SOAR birds been flying around tonight.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
sorry are you an officer? thats what i meant

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i do remember for awhile enlisted dudes like feeling bad for not deploying. IDK its not shameful but gently caress its not worth it dudes.

its loving lovely though because for awhile not deploying you got poo poo on a lot.

hell I'll admit that I used to kinda play that game in USAREC because you'd get these slick sleeve E8s telling you about "back in the old days" of recruiting and like bitch dude I was in war and you're talking about how good of a recruiter you were iwth minimal enlistment standards and 20k bonuses and poo poo, like talking down on ME? suck my dick

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working
I can't wait to get my combat patch!!!

It's cool guys, it's what my bunghole is gonna look like after the army is done with me

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
lmao what unit is that

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

i do remember for awhile enlisted dudes like feeling bad for not deploying. IDK its not shameful but gently caress its not worth it dudes.

its loving lovely though because for awhile not deploying you got poo poo on a lot.

hell I'll admit that I used to kinda play that game in USAREC because you'd get these slick sleeve E8s telling you about "back in the old days" of recruiting and like bitch dude I was in war and you're talking about how good of a recruiter you were iwth minimal enlistment standards and 20k bonuses and poo poo, like talking down on ME? suck my dick

every time i feel inadequate for not having a patch, i re-read a lot of stuff here and realize I got off easy

this probably comes across wrong, but yeah

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
like in the real world not having one is probably great , but if you play the pissing contest of the army it helps. I never cared for that poo poo personally until you tried to piss on my face without one then IDGAF

i wasnt even hardcore grunt by any loving means lmao but don't come at me like you're loving that CSM from We Were Soldiers and you spent 3/4s of you career in TRADOC or USAREC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

like in the real world not having one is probably great , but if you play the pissing contest of the army it helps. I never cared for that poo poo personally until you tried to piss on my face without one then IDGAF

i wasnt even hardcore grunt by any loving means lmao but don't come at me like you're loving that CSM from We Were Soldiers and you spent 3/4s of you career in TRADOC or USAREC

I liked the slick sleeve E6 instructor we had for premob that told us what it was gonna be like "out there" in Africa, where he hadn't been.