Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Addamere posted:

Trying to think of a new champ to play. I main Sona and Teemo, both because they have simple kits. I've also enjoyed Vi in the jungle, but she's a frequent ban in silver/gold. Who's someone else with a fun, simple kit who's viable? One of my big issues with Teemo is that he's not actually all that viable unless he's allowed to split. Candidate champions cannot require super-fast reflexes and precision, because I have issues with parsing visual noise; so, things like Leblanc and Katarina are probably off the table.

Adding to what others said, I'd also suggest trying out Kayle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

blah_blah posted:

Well yes. Did you see Kalista for most of the past year?

I'm just concerned that one or both of them will be unbalanceable. Either their stats are bad to make them not overpowered when they're together, or their stats are balanced and they become overpowered together.

Related: 10 bans for draft already FFS.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The support gets a bit of extra dash range to the ADC than normal. The ADC gives the support a bit of extra damage on her steroid. It doesn't seem like they're even the best pairing for the other one, (which is a little odd.) I don't think the 'MUST PICK TOGETHER' thing is all that big of a deal. It's certainly not some unbalance able monster thing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Two characters empowering eachother in a game where they will most likely be 6300 IP each after the initial first week price hike is still kinda bullshit, I don't care how minor overall the empowering is, it's still real dumb.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Two characters empowering eachother in a game where they will most likely be 6300 IP each after the initial first week price hike is still kinda bullshit, I don't care how minor overall the empowering is, it's still real dumb.

Just lol if you don't have 15600 IP sitting around doing nothing in your account

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

you know like one person can each buy one of the two, and the they're empowered together, and it cost two people 6300 ip each right

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

mistaya posted:

The support gets a bit of extra dash range to the ADC than normal. The ADC gives the support a bit of extra damage on her steroid. It doesn't seem like they're even the best pairing for the other one, (which is a little odd.) I don't think the 'MUST PICK TOGETHER' thing is all that big of a deal. It's certainly not some unbalance able monster thing.

This. You know what's real fuckin' funny? That probably the most bullshit tag-team for Rakan is Lucian (because their ultra-mobility combos so well together) and the best combo for Xayah is Thresh (because his pull sets up her root and her ult + thresh lantern is pretty much an automatic escape so long as thresh can get away). The wifesteal botlane breaks up lovers, apparently.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

you know like one person can each buy one of the two, and the they're empowered together, and it cost two people 6300 ip each right

And then you play in solo queue and oops the two people assigned bot own the same guy or one guy has neither of them.

Regardless of the annoyance of trying to hook up 2 high cost champions on random people and it being extremely rare outside of high elo where people start to own every champ, the concept of making two characters stronger when played together in the same game is bad.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Champs that work well together based on kit and not gimmicky bonuses on skills: Diana and Leona, Garen and Lux, Lucian and Thresh. Etc

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Sexpansion posted:

I prefer op.gg or lolalytics.com but champion.gg is also ok. Basically they all use slightly different algorithms and I wouldn't trust any of them beyond the basics (and sometimes not even that).

what do you trust then

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I've taken to watching Disco Heat's daily games videos and he's proven to be real chill and fun, plus his channel has good music.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

And then you play in solo queue and oops the two people assigned bot own the same guy or one guy has neither of them.

Regardless of the annoyance of trying to hook up 2 high cost champions on random people and it being extremely rare outside of high elo where people start to own every champ, the concept of making two characters stronger when played together in the same game is bad.

i suppose if you exclusively play adc and support and also explicitly want to always play either character in the combo this is a problem but this sure feels like a narrow problem and if it's really troubling you i guess im sorry but i really dont empathize at all

oh and also what if the enemy team sees you lock in one and takes the other gently caress!!! no amount of IP can save you now

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

blah_blah posted:

Well yes. Did you see Kalista for most of the past year?

Kalista's issue isn't "bad statline" per se her issue is that she isn't allowed to 1v1 anymore because instead of her W being augmented when around her soul bound it's more like her skill set is gutted if she's ever solo. Couple that with a meta that doesn't allow you to just farm up your first three items for free anymore and you're gonna have a champ that's just a big pile of dook

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
that bird girl is me and i'm gonna have to come back to this goofy rear end game now

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

underage at the vape shop posted:

what do you trust then

builds that actually work in practice or that I see people playing that work. I mean don't get me wrong, a lot of times the basic builds on those sites are fine, but sometimes their results are a little wonky or you don't get a good idea of a full build that actually works in practice.

also, they may not be applicable for the majority of players because they collect data about what works in plat+ for the most part. What works in silver or gold may be different.

I'm not saying they're bad, I look at those sites all the time. Just, you know: grain of salt.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Servaetes posted:

And Galio's rework is good, Warwick's is incredible, was someone actually saying it was bad?
I'm the curmudgeon who doesn't like new warwick because the most fun plays in the game are ones that you barely survive, and Warwick is explicitly designed to punish those. So if Warwick is in the game you just play a lot more cautious everywhere.

He's not overpowered or anything, it's just less fun when you're against him.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I dunno, I think that adds another layer for players to consider. If they're gonna duel their laner to near death: "Is Warwick coming to kill me? Better do this poo poo fast and gtfo!" And for the Warwick it's about bum rushing there before they recall.

Honestly my only complaint is the drat music that plays for both the guy at sub 50% and Warwick. It's neat, thematically appropriate but it's on way, way too much

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, nunu got a new passive to replace his free spellcast.

Nunu's next ability is upgraded by 1 rank:
CONSUME +160 damage and +50 healing (Rank 6: 1140 damage and 300 healing)
BLOOD BOIL +1% movement speed and +5% attack speed (Rank 6: 13% movement speed and 50% attack speed)
ICE BLAST +40 damage and +5% movement speed slow (Rank 6: 280 damage and 65% movement speed slow)
ABSOLUTE ZERO +250 maximum damage (Rank 4: 1375 maximum damage)

Might need meditation to keep up with his clear speed, but dang.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Lovechop posted:

that bird girl is me and i'm gonna have to come back to this goofy rear end game now

Bird girl has my girlfriend wanting to play the game again, I thought we were finally free but no.

edit: Oh my god I just wanted to see what Nocturnes are building nowadays and I saw his and the jungle at large's winrate. How are only 12 junglers above a 50% and why is the most winning Noc build an IE/Hydra sitting at a 39%

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Apr 5, 2017

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nazzadan posted:

edit: Oh my god I just wanted to see what Nocturnes are building nowadays and I saw his and the jungle at large's winrate. How are only 12 junglers above a 50% and why is the most winning Noc build an IE/Hydra sitting at a 39%

Where have you been for the past few years of mobility/tank meta?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Addamere posted:

Where have you been for the past few years of mobility/tank meta?

The last time I played regularly was like 2 months ago and he wasn't nearly in the state he is apparently in right now, and at that point like half the jungle roster was above 50.

The only constant I see is Ivern, A.Sol and Shaco are still the top 3.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Something about the acting job on bird-lady's VA is really putting me off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INYpl_Rb5Us

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Kokoro Wish posted:

she sounds like aubrey plaza it's cool

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Kokoro Wish posted:

Oh, oh she is the "cute girl that doesn't want to be called cute" archetype.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

JuniperCake posted:

Unless his stats are garbage, there is no way Rakan would feel bad as support for most marksmen. Multiple CC abilities, great mobility and a heal, his kit is pretty ridic. The ADC could also be very strong because she's basically an adc with fizz pole. Yeah it's on her ult but that's still a whole lot of safety that's pretty much unmatched among most other adcs.

It's not that his kit is that extremely unfortunate without her, it's that nagging
"My kit would be better, for free, if I was playing with my dumb in game girlfriend."
"We would have won that trade if the other champ was my dumb in game girlfriend."
"I could have dodged that skillshot if my ADC was my dumb in game girlfriend."

It's just a feelbad that is like a super hidden sunglasses passive except it's meaningful. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Plus, as others have mentioned, they now have to balance them both individually with and without their significant other, which is going to be a nightmare. I wouldn't be shocked at all to either see the mechanics removed outright, or them only viable with eachother within the next year.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah, like you can see the range of the bird guy's leap and the range of the leap to his girlfriend whenever you click on the ability. if you ever die and would have been able to leap if your ADC had been bird girl you're gonna instantly feel bad about that

they are pretty minor effects, but either you make the dual champ or you don't. this just feels like they're not willing to commit to more interesting champion designs but still want to design new champions and they're not sure where to go with it

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
They should stop making champions. People were like, yay more adcs and supports but there's like 30 of each of those and they're not even trying to do anything interesting like Jihn or Tom Kench they're just two dumb looking dipshits with overloaded mishmash kits.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Are you gonna be able to see the range of the leap Rakan can make if his girlfriend is there at all times? Or will that larger circle disappear if she's not in the game? If not I can see a lot of players getting frustrated and forgetting who they can and can't jump to.

Also excited for them to bug out and work when they're on opposite teams.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
these champions both look super fun and massively game breaking. it's gonna be cool to see people asking for refunds as soon as the repeated nerfs come down

Work Friend Keven posted:

They should stop making champions. People were like, yay more adcs and supports but there's like 30 of each of those and they're not even trying to do anything interesting like Jihn or Tom Kench they're just two dumb looking dipshits with overloaded mishmash kits.

basically keven owns & is right all the time

stump collector fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 5, 2017

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Are you gonna be able to see the range of the leap Rakan can make if his girlfriend is there at all times? Or will that larger circle disappear if she's not in the game? If not I can see a lot of players getting frustrated and forgetting who they can and can't jump to.

Also excited for them to bug out and work when they're on opposite teams.

in the preview it was always there, but its also possible they had a girl bird spawned on the map outside of view that was triggering it. hopefully if not they at least add that feature to hide it if she isnt in the game

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
The shared back is kinda cool although I worry about it causing dumb game play. I think that's as far as they should have gone with explicit synergy, it's a little lazy to just slap on a straight buff when they're together rather than designing two kits that have really good synergy. Especially because outside of that interaction they don't actually seem to benefit too much from laning together.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

misguided rage posted:

The shared back is kinda cool although I worry about it causing dumb game play. I think that's as far as they should have gone with explicit synergy, it's a little lazy to just slap on a straight buff when they're together rather than designing two kits that have really good synergy. Especially because outside of that interaction they don't actually seem to benefit too much from laning together.

I wonder if you could just have Rakam sit in the bush spamming recall and if poo poo gets dicey you just let it tick to 1 second left and then xayah joins up with him and they peace the gently caress out

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Luna Was Here posted:

I wonder if you could just have Rakam sit in the bush spamming recall and if poo poo gets dicey you just let it tick to 1 second left and then xayah joins up with him and they peace the gently caress out
That's the dumb gameplay I was thinking of. I dunno how well it would work in practice but I think it's gonna be pretty lame if that's the best way to play them.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Luna Was Here posted:

You watched QT's reaction vid to the new champs didn't you? It's an interesting idea but I feel like not really workable in practice.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Transient People posted:

You watched QT's reaction vid to the new champs didn't you? It's an interesting idea but I feel like not really workable in practice.

I did watch it but I had the same thought watching the reveal. I thought that maybe you had to join in at the first 2 seconds of the recall but then one of the other recall previews showed it lasted for the full duration so Im still not sure

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I only saw one video of the recall but it looked like it reset the recall back to 8 seconds when the second joins in.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I only saw one video of the recall but it looked like it reset the recall back to 8 seconds when the second joins in.

It definitely didn't reset the timer. I'm not sure how long you have to recall with your partner but you get like 3 seconds into it at least

Marceline Abadeer
Oct 14, 2012
They're like a year too late on this bot lane OTP champion thing. :/

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

They nerfed Camille again, and also hyper-buffed bards chimes

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Luna Was Here posted:

Rakam still has to channel the full recall, with zero pressure in lane, and gankers can easily cancel his recall if they aren't brain-dead. The real benefit to that mechanic is allowing Xayah waveclear-for-days to rotate even faster. So enemy split-pushers will have to be able to 2v1 to actually function.

• Locked thread