Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

that's gotta be intentional, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

spotted on the whiteboard behind a cowoekr who was at home on a video conf today

called him out on it, was revealed as a joke - no worries, I believe him.

lol jesus

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

:nsavince:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

coworker is webexing from the back of a paddy wagon on his way to gitmo

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i... had... a productive call and webex today???? had to take the rest of the day off while i was reeling from this.
vital parties arrived on time, impromptu webex created and everyone was in within three minutes, all three parties involved had the proper information, notes were taken as we discussed each item, everyone was flexible and friendly, and follow up calls were scheduled with dates and times in 45 minutes. what fresh hell have i woken up in?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

its cool because i still have to use a combination of two webmail interfaces, three messaging apps, and lotus notes to do any non-verbal communication so im plenty inefficient otherwise.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

skype for business if you ignore the text chat bit is surprisingly good. we have the licenses where making a meeting also creates a dial-in code and are now at the point where most of the time the external participants are using skype as well rather than dialling in over a phone, and the audio works. im not really sure whats happened since everything i know about this topic says that people never get the audio settings right.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

coworker is webexing from the back of a paddy wagon on his way to gitmo

cant tell if your joking

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

skype for business if you ignore the text chat bit is surprisingly good. we have the licenses where making a meeting also creates a dial-in code and are now at the point where most of the time the external participants are using skype as well rather than dialling in over a phone, and the audio works. im not really sure whats happened since everything i know about this topic says that people never get the audio settings right.

it's actually very bad, it's just everything besides the text chat is so much better than the text chat

gotomeeting is the only good conferencing software

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i have no real complaints about sametime meetings

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sametime meetings require java

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

mishaq posted:

it's actually very bad, it's just everything besides the text chat is so much better than the text chat

gotomeeting is the only good conferencing software

ive never used skype 4 b but how can u screw up text chat? shouldnt that be pretty easy?

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

fart simpson posted:

ive never used skype 4 b but how can u screw up text chat? shouldnt that be pretty easy?

Microsoft found a way to gently caress it up.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

Skype for business is rebranded lync which is telephony software

it's designed to do voip calls, instant messages are literal SIP calls between parties with all the signaling overhead included

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the only problem w/ SIP wrt chats is SIP is session based so you have a session per endpoint. Thats fine for ye olden day chat clients that skype4b was based on. Modern chat is all done as views of server side sessions so you have persistent chat sessions across all devices.

the problem w/ the skype4b client is that it was written by phone guys and they dont know how to write client software. its not SIPs fault that the UI is so buggy.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

fart simpson posted:

fart simpson posted:

ive never used skype 4 b

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/oleivarrudi/status/849604199314857986

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
*italian opera singer voice* five-meeting room paired webex no miiiIIIIIIIIiiikes!

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
someone came to my desk and told me i had a meeting that i wasn't invited to and know nothing about but i was made to go anyway. owns

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

:japan:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

my goth gf posted:

someone came to my desk and told me i had a meeting that i wasn't invited to and know nothing about but i was made to go anyway. owns

i believe you mean "owned"

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i believe you mean "owned"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

my goth gf posted:

oh hey you found my old boss

she loved to schedule meeting during my lunch hour

that i was taking late to accommodate her

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
my coworker has spent like the last half hour describing to someone else on the other end of a phone how to use a conference line and join.me at the same time. the other person got confused about how join.me has an audio feature too, but he told them not to use that and to use the conference line instead. then he told them to just use the participant code, because that's the code everyone uses.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
4pm meeting on a friday, a month before I'm laid off, from the boss who relocated rather than getting laid off with the rest of us. gently caress offffffff

https://twitter.com/kairyssdal/status/852893300025470976

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Bhodi posted:

4pm meeting on a friday, a month before I'm laid off, from the boss who relocated rather than getting laid off with the rest of us. gently caress offffffff

kai owns

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

anthonypants posted:

my coworker has spent like the last half hour describing to someone else on the other end of a phone how to use a conference line and join.me at the same time. the other person got confused about how join.me has an audio feature too, but he told them not to use that and to use the conference line instead. then he told them to just use the participant code, because that's the code everyone uses.
today someone is having problems with join.me so they called my coworker, he is telling them he is unfamiliar with join.me and so they should call the sales number on the front of the join.me webpage and then ask them for support

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
hi team,
today i am attending a company townhall led by our cio via bluejeans

the topic is: what is #blockchain?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Mad Wack posted:

hi team,

dehumanizes yourself and face to updating your #resume

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Mad Wack posted:

hi team,

I interviewed at a place recently that was going to use blockchain in the online voting app the were developing as a means to have ensure security and integrity. Seemed like a pretty decent use of it. right?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

there is no decent use for block chain

block chain is rebranded bitcoin

qed

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

KoRMaK posted:

I interviewed at a place recently that was going to use blockchain in the online voting app the were developing as a means to have ensure security and integrity. Seemed like a pretty decent use of it. right?

lol 5

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

blockchain means nothing now so it could've been usable

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Rex-Goliath posted:

in this guy's case, can speak english fine but doesn't recognize things like 'ugh' in jabber.

Ughnaughts

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bhodi posted:

to get your npr name, take your d&d name and use that because they're basically the same

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Stymie posted:

to get your npr name, take your d&d name and use that because they're basically the same

K'THOR the barbarian?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

KoRMaK posted:

So, their idea is to either throw out the idea of the votes being private, which is pretty goddamn important, or implement a blockchain to track who voted and a separate system to track how they voted, or encrypt the vote on the blockchain and pray like hell that said encryption is never found to be flawed or broken by decades of technological advancement?

Or is "blockchain" indistinguishable from "database" nowadays?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FrozenVent posted:

K'THOR the barbarian, NPR News, Neverwinter

see? works perfectly

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Stymie posted:

see? works perfectly

due to a class restriction, barbarians can only work for fox news

woops nevermind got fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Azathoth posted:

So, their idea is to either throw out the idea of the votes being private, which is pretty goddamn important, or implement a blockchain to track who voted and a separate system to track how they voted, or encrypt the vote on the blockchain and pray like hell that said encryption is never found to be flawed or broken by decades of technological advancement?

Or is "blockchain" indistinguishable from "database" nowadays?

gently caress...

I guess I assumed it meant encrypted results that get passed around back to the destintation, where they would count votes.

I was bamboozled

• Locked thread