Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
So they released the player creation tools for the next AFL game as a demo via steam.

I give it an 11/10 because you can create an accurate darren jarman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-04-05/crows-appoint-new-board-directors

quote:

Federal politician Kate Ellis and leading international businessman Jim McDowell have taken up positions on the Adelaide Football Club’s Board of Directors.

During a long international career, McDowell was Chief Executive Officer of BAE Systems Australia and also led the defence and aerospace company’s operations in Saudi Arabia overseeing sales of more than $5billion a year.

quote:

Saudi Arabia

Guess who just put an accessory to war crimes on their board?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

racing identity posted:

:negative:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

racing identity posted:

Yeah, having a politician on the board is pretty unethical.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Solemn Sloth posted:

So they released the player creation tools for the next AFL game as a demo via steam.

I give it an 11/10 because you can create an accurate darren jarman

Hmmm, a 10 gig download is an awful lot of bloat for a character creator. Me wonders what other game assets/code actually sit under the surface.

Considering that you have to click "play on steam" here http://astats.astats.nl/astats/Steam_Game_Info.php?AppID=471880&SteamID64= to get it to work makes me think it hasnt been released officially.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

racing identity posted:

But enough about the Labor MP, that businessman looks well shonky.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I refuse to believe Kate Ellis has ever done anything wrong.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

quote:

ESSENDON has unearthed a Dustin Fletcher double certain to be taken in next year’s draft — Fletcher’s 197cm son.

Calder Cannons talent manager Ian Keyte said full-back Mason Fletcher was already in the frame for the 2018 national draft.

The skinny redhead, who turns 17 on Saturday, has been added to the Vic Metro squad after two impressive games for the Cannons this year.

Dustin Fletcher was prevented from coaching his son in the rooms last year because of his ASADA ban.

But Dustin (400 games) and Mason’s grandfather Ken Fletcher (264) have watched the teen who will become a third generation Bomber.

“He is an absolute clone of Dustin, with his footy smarts and everything he does,’’ Keyte said.

“His rounded back and shoulders, his late entry to get a hand in from nowhere, his closing speed over the last five metres when caught out of position ... all those things are Dustin over and again.

“He is looking more and more (like an AFL player) every time he goes onto the ground.

“He has those qualities his father had and I was fortunate to be around the TAC Cup when Dustin played and he plays the same as Dustin did as a 17-year-old.”

Essendon would have to bid for Mason under the AFL draft rules, just as it had to hand over pick 10 for father-son selection Joe Daniher.

Where he eventually fits into the order will depend on his TAC Cup form in the next 18 months, but already he is raising eyebrows.

Younger brother Max Fletcher, playing under-16 football at Calder, is yet to have a growth spurt but at 178cm also has talent.

:getin:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Man, it's so liberating not to have to supercoach or tip on a Thursday - you'd be going in blind!

Also there's no Vic v Vic game kicking off the round that no one else cares about :P

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lol I just realised that despite our awful start, at least we are above Sydney on the ladder at the moment. Also nobody here cares about those games either.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Sean Dempster has retired over concerns that any more concussions could have over his life after footy.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Thew kept thinking I was going to forget the tipping this week after the little reminder today.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
harley bennell has hurt his opposite calf in training and will delay his comeback by around a week, says an optimistic freo. that bloke has become like an albatross for the team

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

harley bennell has hurt his opposite calf in training and will delay his comeback by around a week, says an optimistic freo. that bloke has become like another albatross for the team rookery

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I'll be very surprised if Harley plays more games than Morabito at this stage.

At least Ross has swung the axe dropping Dawson/Suban/Pearce/Sutcliffe/Griffen and bringing in young blokes like Hughes/Grey/Balic/Logue. I would be incredibly happy if Pearce/Dawson/Suban had their contracts payed out tomorrow.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

harley bennell has hurt his opposite calf in training and will delay his comeback by around a week, says an optimistic freo. that bloke has become like an albatross for the team

He thought he hurt his right calf last week, and definitely did hurt his left calf this week.
His left one is the one he got major surgery on.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Really interested in Goodwin's approach against Geelong this week. Chris Scott has tried to neutralise the obvious ruck gap between the cats and feel/norf in the first two weeks (arguably in the second week it was less neutralising and more the rest of Freo's team being poo poo), so wonder how Goodwin is going to try to combat that and get an advantage out of Gawn.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 6, 2017

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The Dees will probably just start throwing fists at heads when things start going bad.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

The Dees will probably just start throwing fists at heads when things start going bad.

Not if Selwood headbutts their fists for a free first.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'm tipping buddy to go off his tits against the pies in game 250, 5+ goals to pass the 800 career mark

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Sadney plz

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

I'm tipping buddy to go off his tits against the pies in game 250, 5+ goals to pass the 800 career mark

I blame you for this.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Lol how did Mayne not get done there.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Go pies

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
147 disposals and 44 marks to the pies in a single quarter. That's insane. If the Swans arrive at the ground we might have a game on our hands.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Oh hey Sydney nice of you to put in an appearance

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
No Sydney you need to kick it between the big sticks.

Edit: :v:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Periphery posted:

No Sydney you need to kick it between the big sticks.

Edit: :v:

Not an empty quote

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sydney are getting hosed by the umps

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

God Sydney, you're on your home ground and you're letting COLLINGWOOD win, what the gently caress.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Bloody hell the Pies are slotting everything while the Swans can't kick even the easiest of goals.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sydney are bad now. Like us, it had to happen. Unlike us, I'm enjoying it.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

realbez posted:

Sydney are bad now. Like us, it had to happen. Unlike us, I'm enjoying it.

Yeah but with you guys the reason is really obvious, Sydney just decided not to do a pre season

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Swans do have something like 7 players with under 10 games experience. I didn't think that had that many injuries but apparently they do.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

Yeah but with you guys the reason is really obvious, Sydney just decided not to do a pre season

Yeah. They shouldn't be starting 2017 like this.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Wow they have hosed the audio on the 7 plays package.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Periphery posted:

Swans do have something like 7 players with under 10 games experience. I didn't think that had that many injuries but apparently they do.

It's really only McVeigh, Heeney, Papley, Rampe, and Rohan, they just also happen to be missing Tom Mitchell, and two Richards from defence.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Periphery posted:

Swans are third youngest named side this week after Brisbane and the dees

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Say what you want about Robbo, but he's not half as bad as Damian Barrett:

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/afl/news/damian-barrett-responds-to-criticism-about-his-reporting-on-sean-dempster posted:

Damian Barrett has defended his reporting on the issues behind Sean Dempster retiring from St Kilda.

Barrett initially reported last Wednesday on the Footy Show that Dempster was considering his future but that it was “not injury related”, and that the ex-Saint was “extremely disappointed” at not being picked for round one.

Dempster then retired yesterday, citing medical advice about a series of concussions he’d suffered during his career.

On the way out, he took a swipe at the media about the discussion surrounding his retirement.

“It wasn’t what’s been reported in the media that I was upset with the club about not being picked for Round 1 and that there was all this angst and hate between me and the club,” Dempster said in a statement on St Kilda’s website.

“I’m quite a quiet person so for it to be played out in the media was a bit hard for me to deal with. I’ve been lucky enough to go through 13 or 14 years as pretty much an unknown player, which I’ve been pretty happy with.

“For my character to be questioned a bit was upsetting for me, it was a little bit hard to deal with. I felt like I had to get on the front foot and address the situation earlier than I planned.”

Barrett felt some of Dempster’s comments — including an interview with Fairfax Media today — were aimed at him, and responded on the Friday Huddle.

“I’m not backing away from my reporting of it, despite St Kilda supporters telling me that I should,” Barrett said.

“He was disappointed he was left out of round one. If he was selected in round one and then had form that warranted round two selection and then into round three this weekend, we would not be talking about this concussion issue.”

Barrett pointed to comments made by St Kilda coach Alan Richardson suggesting that Dempster’s form kept him out of the round one side, and said that Dempster didn’t want to play in the VFL.

“He played in the JLT 3 VFL, but did not want to play on the subsequent weekend and that is how it played out,” Barrett said.

“As such, the concussion issue has come to bear as a result of refusing to play in the VFL.”

What a giant dickhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Buddy can't even beat Howe one on one when it goes to ground what the gently caress

Aliir has looked completely out of his depth. Misjudging the ball in the air, no decisiveness with it in hand. Polar opposite to what he showed last year.

Solemn Sloth fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 7, 2017

• Locked thread