Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Dehry posted:

I did it in a day, but I did redeem Izanagi which let me save SP. Everyone ended up around LV15 by the boss so even at LV20 the advantage wasn't much.

I hit the tower at level 9 and had to restart after the sucker door at the bottom. I didn't even know about the free 0-cost personas and I'm very tempted to roll back the last few hours because I don't know if I can clear it from the halfway point where I last saved. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ryuji you seem cool so far, but I need you stop saying effin', just say gently caress dude.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Ryuji you seem cool so far, but I need you stop saying effin', just say gently caress dude.

Ryuji is too good a boy to say gently caress but also too rude a boy to not say something. Please understand.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Okay so like, why is it that in a game with so much great music the Mementos theme is like 8 notes repeated over and over driving me insane?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Infinity Gaia posted:

Okay so like, why is it that in a game with so much great music the Mementos theme is like 8 notes repeated over and over driving me insane?

Not all of them can be winners and the Mementos theme sure is a loving piece of poo poo

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i really like that the reason you get guts when ordering coffee at the diner is because your that one douchebag who hogs a stall for hours and only spends like 7 dollars.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

This is a good game and I have played it a lot today without stopping

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Oh my god the mistake execution is metal as gently caress and I love it.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

My only problem w/ this game is this loving cat telling me how to live my life

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

I'm in love with the song that plays when you go out at night..

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Huh, that's weird. Sometimes in Mementos special effects that are supposed to be red are showing up more like pink to me. It's really odd.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The battle results screen music is my favourite so far.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

To me a Persona game is about trying to manage time effectively, failing horribly, still getting a decent amount of S.Links and then using a guide for a second playthrough.

My ability to remember all the conditional special days for poo poo in this game is not good. The only ones that have stuck are: Always have 5000 yen and visit the Shibuya station on Sundays for a time slot free stat boost (but expensive monetarily), and that mondays and thursdays at night the bathhouse has that good herb poo poo going on and you get an extra charm point for going there. But there's like special meals and like half the goddamn places in the game have special poo poo going on if it's raining and you can only buy that loving YAKISOBA BREAD on Fridays and jesus christ goddamn it gently caress

By the way everyone should go and watch movies all the time forever they're great

is there fishing? because gently caress figuring that out again on the first playthrough

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

AlphaKeny1 posted:

is there fishing? because gently caress figuring that out again on the first playthrough

Looking at the trophies it seems like the answer is yes. Christ.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

Looking at the trophies it seems like the answer is yes. Christ.

poo poo. Maybe I'll change the difficulty down to normal and do the replay on hard then after I figure out all the special day bullshit....

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

6 day school week is incredibly hosed up

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Borrowed the system from Germany and they have two half days so it kinda works out the same, I think.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

For all I dislike its music man is Mementos great for getting gear. So great. It's random as poo poo but I got an accessory with med Wind evade which immediately went onto Ryuji, and some nice upgrades to armor for everyone. I guess it does take a day to go there but whatever you can actually get a lot done in there in a day without even needing to ration SP that bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv posted:

6 day school week is incredibly hosed up
Most schools in Japan don't have 6 day school weeks anymore, it was phased out in the late 90s/early 2000s. These days it's mostly really high bar private schools that have class on saturday, most others just open for clubs with no actual classes. The reason persona still has them is probably because the people making them grew up with 6 day school weeks.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Oh no, what do I name the Phantom Thieves :supaburn:

I straight away went with The Whispers cause like, whispers of rebellion, moving without a sound etc and instantly regretted it because it's lame.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The first dungeon is pretty rough on Hard. I might actually have to do it in three trips just because of SP issues.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

gently caress you cat stop telling me how to live my life goddammit

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

you must have never played the raidou games.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My only gripe atm is that no single sign so far has been in English

Also I think I saw Rise or I guess Risette? on a screen in an ad for some soft drink?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I like how some of the Sunday TV deals are really good and some of them are massive scams. Just like actual TV shopping!

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Shoehead posted:

My only gripe atm is that no single sign so far has been in English

Hello, welcome to All Anime Ever, please enjoy your stay.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So the Temperance link is weird as gently caress.

... is the maid service just a thinly veiled prostitution thing where they also sometimes just clean or walk your dog instead/in addition?

As a side note, its hilarious you are more circumspect about your digital/cell trail in regards to calling a maid company than you are about communicating with your super illegal group who's being investigated, by my last count, by five different organizations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Anyone have a link to a good gift guide/know what to give Sojiro?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Zore posted:

... is the maid service just a thinly veiled prostitution thing where they also sometimes just clean or walk your dog instead/in addition?
pretty much

ryuji is easily the best joonpaykun so far

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zore posted:

No, Japan is just... Weird. I mean I'm sure you could find one that fits your description but they also totally have women who will dress up as french maids and come to your house JUST to clean your stuff. Because JAPAN.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm not quite to that point yet but as someone who gladly lets his cat boss him around the house 24/7 I can't wait

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

cpaf posted:

My only problem w/ this game is this loving cat telling me how to live my life

That's the most realistic element of this game tbh.

I don't like how Igor and his creepy twins keep pushing "make contacts to get more powerful!" all the time. In P4 it felt more like you were just a friendly guy and the power was a side-effect, I definitely prefer that vibe.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Dragonatrix posted:

Hello, welcome to All Anime Ever, please enjoy your stay.

Oh yeah I'm used to it in anime. It would be nice if they translated the textures on the doors in school so I could tell were I'm goin

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

This demonstrates the issue people are having with the "music as text" thing going on:

https://twitter.com/Unsomnus/status/849032335781703680

That person fixed it by deleting and redownloading the Japanese audio track.

:laffo:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Heath posted:

TBH I haven't seen anybody in this thread express anything other than mild disappointment at the translation, but the people taking pains to call out all of the "hyperbole" and "rushing into the thread to poo poo it up" types that seem to be really angry at people on Twitter are giving me a much worse impression of the game than any of the screenshots have

Pretty much, yeah. All the bitching about bitching makes me think there's something to it. Actually, it's one of the reasons I'm waiting on more impressions and not immediately diving into the game.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I feel like all the name mispronunciation is going to become a plot element or something, I mean I can understand voice actors unfamiliar with Japanese pronunciation putting emphasis on particular syllables when there shouldn't be any, but how do you mispronounce "Ann" as "on"

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Because, as has already been mentioned repeatedly, they were directed to do that by the director. And also, way more importantly, Atlus Japan.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

enojy posted:

I feel like all the name mispronunciation is going to become a plot element or something, I mean I can understand voice actors unfamiliar with Japanese pronunciation putting emphasis on particular syllables when there shouldn't be any, but how do you mispronounce "Ann" as "on"

Because her name is あん. Also, the pronunciation of "Sakamoto" is technically correct: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_pitch_accent

Honestly, I'm kinda torn on whether this is acceptable, or not a good idea. On the one hand, it's confusing to non-Japanese speakers. On the other hand, technical correctness v:shobon:v

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Apr 5, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pollyanna posted:

Because her name is あん. Also, the pronunciation of "Sakamoto" is technically correct: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_pitch_accent

Honestly, I'm kinda torn on whether this is acceptable, or not a good idea. On the one hand, it's confusing to non-Japanese speakers. On the other hand, technical correctness v:shobon:v

Oh alright, I didn't even know this was a thing. I took Japanese 101 as my required foreign language credit in college and that's it; they basically told us "no emphasis on syllables ever" and I just figured that went for all of Japan. That makes the weird name pronunciation more tolerable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

JT Jag posted:

Digital Tokyo is really big

It took me 10 minutes to figure out how to transfer train lines for the first time when getting to school, points for realism Atlus
It wouldn't have been so bad if the Subway station hadn't been getting cleaned. :argh:

Actually I had way more trouble finding the house at the beginning. That cop gave terrible directions.