Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

but you couldn't see the rot from the outside until it all came crumbling down. it was well hidden, even from the people.

Probably because the people are retarded enough to take the media seriously especially when it's state run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

SBJ posted:

Yes it actually is the media.

Yeah I guess twitter can be called the media, it is their fault in some way

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Prorat posted:

Winners aren't salty, you should look in the mirror.

drat dude calm down, your poo poo daddy won, you don't have to freak out and project on me like that

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

You mean a fake concern

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Toadvine posted:

drat some people are just fine with the surveillance state when it supports their petty divisions.

All of us are already swept up in the incidental surveillance dragnet thanks to arbitrary degrees of separation from persons of interest.

lol some people were just fine with russians loving with the election because "if thats what it takes to get trump elected"

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jukebox Hero posted:

drat dude calm down, your poo poo daddy won, you don't have to freak out and project on me like that

excuse me but trump is a pissdaddy there is a difference

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

theperminator posted:

Probably because the people are retarded enough to take the media seriously especially when it's state run.

lol, you have no idea what state media means. also, the US is consistently in the upper third in all rankings of government transparency, rule of law, economic productivity/innovation, free press, etc. It's in a pretty decent shape overall, only beaten out by the nordic social democracies

here are some fun lol facts of the day though:

- donald J trump put his beavis and butthead kids and their partners in the highest government positions and lets them run parts of the federal government, like some banana republic dictator or feudal lord

- donald J trump was sued for setting up fraudulent scam university and scaming people; he settled out of court for tens of millions of $ because he is guilty of scamming people

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Prorat posted:

Winners aren't salty, you should look in the mirror.

On the other hand, Donald Trump's twitter.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

lol, you have no idea what state media means. also, the US is consistently in the upper third in all rankings of government transparency, rule of law, economic productivity/innovation, free press, etc. It's in a pretty decent shape overall, only beaten out by the nordic social democracies

Yeah nobody has ever heard of some eastern bloc shithole having state run media that spouts pure propaganda 24/7.

The Freedom of the press seems to be used to bury actual stories and facts and spend all the time gossiping about poo poo nobody cares about or making up bullshit accusations against people with no evidence at all, just "unverified sources"
Most of the poo poo on the news about Trump & family before the election was gossip rather than actual policy issues, nobody gives a gently caress about gossip try reporting actual issues.

quote:

here are some fun lol facts of the day though:

- donald J trump put his beavis and butthead kids and their partners in the highest government positions and lets them run parts of the federal government, like some banana republic dictator or feudal lord
Yeah giving jobs because you know they are perfect for it, have the skills & experience required is a bad idea, they should be hiring homeless people to take these positions

quote:

- donald J trump was sued for setting up fraudulent scam university and scaming people; he settled out of court for tens of millions of $ because he is guilty of scamming people

Settling out of court happens for plenty of reasons, sometimes it's less effort to just settle and doesn't imply guilt at all so saying he's guilty is just libel.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

theperminator posted:

Yeah giving jobs because you know they are perfect for it, have the skills & experience required is a bad idea, they should be hiring homeless people to take these positions

These appointments are some of the most blatant examples of political patronage i've ever seen. It's hard to look at Betsy Devos, Rick Perry, and Steven Mnuchin, for example, as 'perfect' or 'qualified'. Most of the appointees are the kind of billionaires in his social circles, and the rest tend to be Republicans he wanted to reward. It's hard to look at any of them as particularly well qualified.

theperminator posted:

Settling out of court happens for plenty of reasons, sometimes it's less effort to just settle and doesn't imply guilt at all so saying he's guilty is just libel.

:qq: How dare someone attack the reputation of my hero! :qq:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...ns-donald-trump

posted:

"Horrifying!” inveighed an indignant Hillary Clinton at the last presidential debate, less than three weeks before Election Day. What so horrified her? Donald Trump’s refusal to pledge that he would accept the legitimacy of the election."

Trump offered a three-part “rigging” claim. There was the allegation for which he’d already been roundly derided: A foreign element could swing the election — specifically, “millions” of ineligible voters, a reference to illegal immigrants, the bane of his campaign. Further, there was the gross one-sidedness of the media’s campaign coverage — scathing when it came to him; between inattentive and fawning when it came to his opponent, whose considerable sins were airbrushed away. Finally, there was deep corruption: Clinton, he maintained, should not have been permitted to run given the significant evidence of felony misconduct in her mishandling of classified information. Meanwhile, law-enforcement agencies of the Democratic administration bent over backwards to give her a pass, and congressional Democrats closed ranks around her — conducting themselves in committee hearings more like her defense lawyers than investigators searching for the truth.

A flabbergasted Clinton responded that she was shocked — horrified! — to hear Trump “talking down our democracy.” This was a top theme in her campaign’s closing days: The election was absolutely legitimate; Trump was traitorously condemnable for refusing to say so.
So now, there is just one very inconvenient problem for the “Russia hacked the election” narrative, the tireless media-Democrat harangue since November 8: Everything of substance that is known to the U.S. government about Russian meddling was already known in those pre-election weeks when Clinton and the Democrats were hailing the legitimacy of the process.

They’ve changed their tune not because the facts changed, but because they lost.

And what’s their story now? It’s pretty much the same one they scalded Trump for telling. They peddle a three-part rigged election claim: (1) foreign interference, not by illegal aliens who may have voted but by Russians who did not affect the voting process; (2) one-sided press coverage — they mean the Russian propaganda press and the WikiLeaks release of DNC and John Podesta e-mails, which they’d now have you believe had more influence on Americans than did the Democrat-media complex and the grudging State Department release of Hillary Clinton’s own e-mails; and (3) the corruption that lifted a low-character candidate who should not have been allowed to run but who received extraordinary government assistance — not from the Obama Justice Department but from the Putin regime.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
holy jeebus there are people who believe trump is chosen by god and opposing him will bring curse on 3 generations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTZPOtKlYF8

I knew most of these voters are deluded, but come on

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Panzeh posted:

These appointments are some of the most blatant examples of political patronage i've ever seen. It's hard to look at Betsy Devos, Rick Perry, and Steven Mnuchin, for example, as 'perfect' or 'qualified'. Most of the appointees are the kind of billionaires in his social circles, and the rest tend to be Republicans he wanted to reward. It's hard to look at any of them as particularly well qualified.

Yeah I'm sure they're all succesful and rich because of no reason.

quote:

:qq: How dare someone attack the reputation of my hero! :qq:

Lol you widdle babies cry constantly because Trump is always lying but lying is okay when you do it right?
The best part about all of this is the irony of all you little babies crying about things other people apparently do while doing it yourself.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

theperminator posted:

What's Betsy Devos' particular skill in being related to Erik Prince?

theperminator posted:

Lol you widdle babies cry constantly because Trump is always lying but lying is okay when you do it right?
The best part about all of this is the irony of all you little babies crying about things other people apparently do while doing it yourself.

Even the most charitable reading of the meaning of a settlement means that guilt is an open question. It's not lying to say you think someone's guilty in a settled trial.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Can we add "Flail of God" to Trumps every growing list of nick names? It seems pretty clear he was sent to punish the cult of intersectional identity politics for not having enough faith in St. Clinton.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Robo Reagan posted:

lol some people were just fine with russians loving with the election because "if thats what it takes to get trump elected"

This has nothing to do with boneless nuggets like Majorian justifying the government spying on its political opponents.

To your point: Don't forget there were players in this country also working with the press behind the scenes to push Trump ahead of the competition. If you're truly passionate about democratic integrity (and not just looking for easy blame) this is a similarly heinous subversion of the democratic process.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

theperminator posted:

Hillary is rich so as per your stupid logic she's very competent as a politician

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Panzeh posted:

What's Betsy Devos' particular skill in being related to Erik Prince?

Might have something to do with her activism in the education space.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

theperminator posted:

You widdle babies

Hey, go suck daddy's cock a little harder, he can't feel it yet

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Hillary is rich so as per your stupid logic she's very competent as a politician

Nah she just rode bills coat tails, she's so incompetent she couldn't beat Trump

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

theperminator posted:

Nah she just rode bills coat tails, she's so incompetent she couldn't beat Trump

So wealth and competence are clearly unrelated. Thanks for your confirmation

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

If you honestly believe every rich people got rich due to hard work an it represents their worth, then you loving deserve Trump.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

So wealth and competence are clearly unrelated. Thanks for your confirmation

Self made vs loving someone who was a real politician.

Sorry that your tiny baby brain can't comprehend the difference.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

theperminator posted:

Hey, shut up, tiny baby.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Bholder posted:

If you honestly believe every rich people got rich due to hard work an it represents their worth, then you loving deserve Trump.

Yeah getting rich is easy, I guess you're just a povo because you choose to be?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Bholder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ_KPrK0r28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhucztX3OIY

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

theperminator posted:

Yeah getting rich is easy, I guess you're just a povo because you choose to be?

Ok, so Hillary Clinton is successful and competent, proven by her wealth she amassed, thank you for confirming.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
*spends life crying about elections and posting on SA*

"Well you see working hard and building your business shouldn't be more rewarded than flipping burgers"

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Bholder posted:

Ok, so Hillary Clinton is successful and competent, proven by her wealth she amassed, thank you for confirming.

She sucked a cock and lost to Trump, not successful and certainly not competent

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

theperminator posted:

She sucked a cock and lost to Trump, not successful and certainly not competent

But she's rich, so she has to be.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

theperminator posted:

Trump has not increased his net value since he inherited. Actually he could be richer today if he invested all in indexed fund.

Sorry that your lack of critical sense prevented you from seeing this simple fact

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

theperminator posted:

"Well you see working hard and building your business shouldn't be more rewarded than flipping burgers"

You're crying on SA right now you whiny liberal pussy baby

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

theperminator posted:

I hope spending life crying about people crying about trump is lucrative for you, my friend. I'd be alright with that. Everybody's gotta make a living.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Bholder posted:

But she's rich, so she has to be.

Well I guess when your idea of success is "Took gender studies at community college and flips burgers" that probably makes sense to you dude.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

theperminator posted:

Well I guess when your idea of success is "Took gender studies at community college and flips burgers" that probably makes sense to you dude.

Ok now you are just trolling.

This is not even funny anymore

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

theperminator posted:

gently caress you.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

Jukebox Hero posted:

gently caress you.

Hahaha gender studies hit a sore spot?

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Bholder posted:

Ok now you are just trolling.

This is not even funny anymore

Yeah your circular logic a 10yo didn't work so better resort to calling me a troll!

Nice meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Conflating El Prezzo with a small business owner is pretty lol