Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXMlXSDwzU8

dear sweet merciful god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Guys I think this game might be GOAT.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Apparently Revali's VA dropped in on a twitch streamer's stream, recorded a message in character and topped off his donation drive to send him to E3 so that guy is probably super classy

Unless there was another such incident, it was a lady streamer on Youtube, but yeah, he did top off her E3 donation drive. Here's the relevant video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ61hdGBssE

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Between the motorboat and the airship, Magnesis truly is the best power.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo, I wonder if you can get over the invisible wall to the north and west.

edit: It actually looks like they detailed those areas...

sigher fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 5, 2017

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

You could totally fly to the top of Hyrule Castle like this and skip everything, right?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

You could totally fly to the top of Hyrule Castle like this and skip everything, right?

Yup, or you can just walk it. Either is possible but this is "easier" in a sense since you'd bypass all of the mobs around the castle.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I hoarded everything I had, didn't trade anything in except for some gems, and it's amazing how little of my armor I can upgrade after 120 shrines and 85 hours. I have no real incentive to grind for gear because what am I going to do with max armor and set bonuses now that there's nothing left to do but kick Ganon's rear end?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
i think the real mystery to this game is what the neighboring kingdoms are and why hyrule has a giant moat!

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I'll bet Revali's VA loves doing poo poo like that. Revali seems like a fun, easy character to just casually slip into; all you have to do is be a smug, self-absorbed dick, and BAM. There he is!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

i think the real mystery to this game is what the neighboring kingdoms

I believe it's called "New Hyrule"

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Guys, have ya'll Stasis'd a bobkoblin who was charging at you on a horse? It's pretty good.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Copper Vein posted:

Guys, have ya'll Stasis'd a bobkoblin who was charging at you on a horse? It's pretty good.

The only thing more satisfying than stasis-ing a Bokoblin off a horse is stasis-ing a Bokoblin off a horse, jumping on the horse as it rides past you, soothing it, then immediately turning it around and using it to run over the Bokoblin. Karma's a bitch, ain't it, son? :hellyeah:

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Apr 5, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's almost as fun to let one pick up an explosive barrel, stasis the barrel right before they throw it, then fire arrow it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Missing some photos, not sure what. I did miss waterblight ganon but I know I can get him after I beat the game. There's a bunch of enemy photos missing at the end of that compendium section but I figure that's the end bosses various forms. However there's a few missing in random spots in the middle that I'm told he isn't sure why he can't unlock. Any idea what those are?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

parallelodad posted:

Missing some photos, not sure what. I did miss waterblight ganon but I know I can get him after I beat the game. There's a bunch of enemy photos missing at the end of that compendium section but I figure that's the end bosses various forms. However there's a few missing in random spots in the middle that I'm told he isn't sure why he can't unlock. Any idea what those are?

Maybe its the dragons?. I'm not sure, the only other one that I hadn't pictured but was locked until after I beat the game was Master Kohga

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

parallelodad posted:

While I don't know if it covers those, you can pay the assistant at the Hateno lab to fill in blanks in your compendium. It's $100 per photo, but you don't have any say of which photos you have left they will actually fill.

"You are missing.... 27 enemy photos"
"I'd like to buy ten enemy photos please!"
*Gets a bunch of bats and skeletons*

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

You'd have to get to Death Mountain (and survive for long enough) first though.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Section Z posted:

While I don't know if it covers those, you can pay the assistant at the Hateno lab to fill in blanks in your compendium. It's $100 per photo, but you don't have any say of which photos you have left they will actually fill.

"You are missing.... 27 enemy photos"
"I'd like to buy ten enemy photos please!"
*Gets a bunch of bats and skeletons*

This is why you don't buy them piecemeal and just save money until you can pick the "I'd like to buy them all" option.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

i think the real mystery to this game is what the neighboring kingdoms are and why hyrule has a giant moat!

That moat keeps out the illegals.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wait, when you buy images you might get one you already have?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No, it's always new images. I checked, and it is the dragons I don't have. I wonder why he wouldn't let you buy pictures of those till after you beat the game.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/eGB4B4BNdqw

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Spergatory posted:

Man, the economy in this game breaks wide open once you realize
A: how easy it is to kill Guardians while expending few to zero resources,
B: the absurd number of parts each dead Guardian rewards you with, and
C: how much Guardian parts sell for.

It's probably not THE fastest way to make money, but actively hunting down and clowning on Guardians is a hell of a lot more fun than snow bowling, IMO.
Also remember to chop all their legs off before killing them because they drop 1-2 screws/springs each usually, and I don't think you get those if you just one-shot them in the eye with an ancient arrow.

Really you should be slaughtering the Hyrule Castle Guardians for parts rather than cash because while you can make some ok rupees from selling gears and screws(which don't really get used in much, or you get a shitload anyways), getting Cores is extremely important for armor upgrades, crafting Ancient Bows, etc. Never sell shafts, cores or springs.

I want to just have nothing but Lynel and Ancient Bows, Royal Bows do a lot of damage but nothing beats the multi-shot or the long shot from the Lynel/Ancient respectively. Only drawback is the crafting cost of Ancient Bows.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'm calling it now. The follow up to BotW will include the cut hookshot elements.

I mean, imagine parts of this loving game, but you're double clawshotting around like Spider-Man.
Hookshot to launch yourself airborn and then paraglide.

The Dukedom of Legendia Croana, the next exciting area to visit in the world of Breath of the Wild.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Remember, if you can't pull the saw...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Apparently Revali's VA dropped in on a twitch streamer's stream, recorded a message in character and topped off his donation drive to send him to E3 so that guy is probably super classy

Revali's VA is Sean Chiplock who also plays the main character Rean in Trails of Cold Steel. He is indeed a very cool dude.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Also remember to chop all their legs off before killing them because they drop 1-2 screws/springs each usually, and I don't think you get those if you just one-shot them in the eye with an ancient arrow.

Really you should be slaughtering the Hyrule Castle Guardians for parts rather than cash because while you can make some ok rupees from selling gears and screws(which don't really get used in much, or you get a shitload anyways), getting Cores is extremely important for armor upgrades, crafting Ancient Bows, etc. Never sell shafts, cores or springs.

Oh, I know. I'm actually farming for Ancient Equipment. The cycle goes:
  • Buy Ancient Shield and Ancient Arrows.
  • Use Ancient Shield to kill Guardian Stalkers via reflected lasers. Parry whenever possible to extend the life of the shield, but err on the side of Parrying late rather than early since that still means they eat the laser rather than you.
  • Use Ancient Arrows on Flying Guardians, jumping off from a high place or a horse and abusing slow motion to nail them in the eye.
  • When Shield and/or Arrows are spent, sell roughly 1/2 of your supply of Ancient Screws and Gears, and about 1/3 of your Shafts and Springs (yes, Shafts and Springs, you get more than enough, Cores and Giant Cores are the real rare drops).
  • Use absurd amount of Rupees to buy replacement Arrows and Shield, and whatever other Ancient Equipment you want.
The only real problem with this is the absurd rarity of Giant Core drops. It's entirely possible to go through an entire cycle of hunting down and killing every single Guardian in the game without getting one. :mad:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Beyond crafting the ancient armor and upgrades is there anything you need giant ancient cores for? I think I got enough of them just from shrine chests that I was able to do all of those.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Has anyone counted how many mobile guardians there are in the world

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Consider grabbing a few Ancient Hacksaws, they chop off Guardian legs in one go and iirc don't require anything major to make. Then either keep hacking with that or whip out the Master Sword to finish off the main body. Two-hander swords like that are useful for stuff like Guardians and Lynels because if you've got lots of stamina, you can just Spin It To Win It and cancel it with B before you do the ground pound finishing move so you're not locked in an animation.

parallelodad posted:

Beyond crafting the ancient armor and upgrades is there anything you need giant ancient cores for? I think I got enough of them just from shrine chests that I was able to do all of those.
Ancient Bows.

Calaveron posted:

Has anyone counted how many mobile guardians there are in the world
At least 12 around Hyrule Castle, not counting damaged ones, and then the occasional ones in other zones, so let's say 50 total across the entire game per blood moon? Just counting stalkers.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Are there any "tricks" to triggering a Blood Moon? I feel like I haven't had one in like a game week.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the more you kill the more likely one will happen.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
What I want to know is: has anyone found a Horse with 5* speed, and if so, where? I've never gotten one with over 3*. I want to go fast, dangit!

EDIT: Also, IIRC, any Guardian Sword will also take out the legs in one hit. No need for big heavy bladesaws.

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 5, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The matter sword does it in two and is free.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
i could've sworn ive done one shots with the master sword. it mightve been while the guardian was already dead though which could be different...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The two hits from the master sword can get tricky because if you miss the Guardian will scamper out of range.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Are there any "tricks" to triggering a Blood Moon? I feel like I haven't had one in like a game week.

It only happens on full moons, if you're doing that terrible loving shrine quest then just make a campfire, sit until you get a full moon, then sit at it 8 times in a row to get to the next full moon/possible blood moon. Make sure you have a fire weapon on you.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

parallelodad posted:

I think the more you kill the more likely one will happen.

Literally just had one after I posted.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Invictus posted:

Hookshot to launch yourself airborn and then paraglide.

Just cause 2 made me a huge fan of hookshot glide launching

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Captain Invictus posted:

It only happens on full moons, if you're doing that terrible loving shrine quest then just make a campfire, sit until you get a full moon, then sit at it 8 times in a row to get to the next full moon/possible blood moon. Make sure you have a fire weapon on you.

I've had blood moons at other phases than full (WiiU).

For the blood moon shrine you might as well go do something else; you'll have time to teleport to the Satori Mt shrine and glide to the pedestal when the blood moon music starts, and if you see it rising you've got even more warning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
You dont have to be on the pedestal when the blood moon cutscene triggers. I still got it even thouh i was about an hour late.

Blood moons are weird though. Ive had 2 on consecutive days and the 2nd one was at 4:30pm. I guess something in the gameworld must have broke pretty badly?