Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

Dunno, you have to compare it with modern trash like this console poo poo;

I mean, loving look at the uncanny valley right there.

Ugh, disgusting. poo poo like this is why PCs are so much better than lovely consoles. I mean why even bother making video games if I can't see the air bubbles popping out of Gary Oldman's mouth while his head deforms around his mouth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

Ugh, disgusting. poo poo like this is why PCs are so much better than lovely consoles. I mean why even bother making video games if I can't see the air bubbles popping out of Gary Oldman's mouth while his head deforms around his mouth?

Not all gravy on the PC, obviously. I literally had to suffer through a hundred hours of this;

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/849621482108063746

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Come on Derek we need more than that.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

Not all gravy on the PC, obviously. I literally had to suffer through a hundred hours of this;

Well sure but for every like... one of those games you get ten of this:

So it all shakes out. PC MASTER RACE FOR LIFE

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
It's always been a feat to reach August (Gamescom) with a demo, that then generates enough money to reach Citizen Con (October) for another demo, the Anniversary sale (November) and for the past two years a large Christmas holiday sale.

I'm struggling to think what they can do to fool impress people this August, Citizens expect 3.0 & Sq42 and from what I've seen they are never going to get either in a form acceptable to anyone not insane.

So I'd assume even if there were no other issues, the money is running out.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/849624281646592000

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/849624963300696064

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

:parpcorn:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/849625978221600768

never change, derek

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LOL. I have lost count of how many times Derek has made these claims.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/63lqwe/twitter_star_citizen_psa_its_over_the_end_of_days/

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D1E posted:

He's just preserving the surprise. Think how blown away we'll all be when it actually happens.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
This is it...cig will go down.

In two weeks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pretty much.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

It's always been a feat to reach August (Gamescom) with a demo, that then generates enough money to reach Citizen Con (October) for another demo, the Anniversary sale (November) and for the past two years a large Christmas holiday sale.

I'm struggling to think what they can do to fool impress people this August, Citizens expect 3.0 & Sq42 and from what I've seen they are never going to get either in a form acceptable to anyone not insane.

So I'd assume even if there were no other issues, the money is running out.

If CIG fails, it won't be predicted. It will just happen.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 5, 2017

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If CIG fails, it won't be predicted. It will just happen.

You really think there's an "if" involved?

The only variable is how long until they throw a sale and nobody turns up, there's no actual game on the horizon. They'd need years of development work from scratch and if you reach the point of starting over the Cryengine would not be involved.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
These latest news are very exciting. The ELE is real.

I'm hyped!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
space courttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Beet Wagon posted:

In a long-running twitter battle over the state of facial animation in games, DisturbedJim drops a bomb

Why he thinks a poorly lit still of Mark Hamill's weirdly-rendered plastic face is worthy of a proverbial mic-drop is beyond me. Particularly when it looks like poo poo compared to a Call of Duty game from three years ago and even a Tomb Raider game from four years ago. I don't understand these people.

someone relpy with morrow tour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7VUUBx5lKU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D1E posted:

And everytime he does, it causes thousands of spergs to go directly into suicide watch mode. There is nothing more hilarious than watching these spergs bounce around in their padded aquariums like loving superballs. Each one losing their everloving poo poo in new and amazing ways. I think big pharma is actually paying Derek for the way he conducts these stress tests on the limits of the meds that each of those spergs is on.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

XK posted:

He's just preserving the surprise. Think how blown away we'll all be when it actually happens.

What none of you realize is that Derek has a side gig as a Miami DJ. Just look at the way he holds off on droppin that bass.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beer can you add a "this is really the end this time I swear it" counter to the OP?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

big nipples big life posted:

Beer can you add a "this is really the end this time I swear it" counter to the OP?

this, and it just returns the number of dsmart tweets

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

The e.l.e! All it took was making the subforum green!

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

DapperDon posted:

And everytime he does, it causes thousands of spergs to go directly into suicide watch mode. There is nothing more hilarious than watching these spergs bounce around in their padded aquariums like loving superballs. Each one losing their everloving poo poo in new and amazing ways. I think big pharma is actually paying Derek for the way he conducts these stress tests on the limits of the meds that each of those spergs is on.

And every time he does and it turns out to be bullshit, it reinforces the star spergians' religious belief that DS is the devil, Star Citizen is God and Croberts is its prophet (profit?). It is unhelpful and stupid to watch. I've only been following this slow motion train wreck for a couple of months and what, DS has already made like 3 "ELE Is Nigh" pronouncements?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:laugh:

mother fucker :argh:

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

MinorInconvenience posted:

And every time he does and it turns out to be bullshit, it reinforces the star spergians' religious belief that DS is the devil, Star Citizen is God and Croberts is its prophet (profit?). It is unhelpful and stupid to watch. I've only been following this slow motion train wreck for a couple of months and what, DS has already made like 3 "ELE Is Nigh" pronouncements?

You don't see the ELE, because it's not ready yet. Derek is a perfectionist, so he wants the ELE done just right.

I think you don't understand doomsday development :colbert:

Edit: catte sewing

JugbandDude fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 5, 2017

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

:laugh:

mother fucker :argh:

OFFS!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

It is unhelpful and stupid to watch.

Everything about Star Citizen is hilarious.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

its funny tho

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
People just don't understand extinction development.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

At this point, who really cares what those people think. I'd say he's doing them a favor giving them something to do while they wait for Croberts to drop trou and provide the next Jesus deuce on them.

Nicholas posted:

its funny tho

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

E3 Rumors

quote:

- focus on star citizen and not sq42
- currently mo-capping more galactic tour videos
- also developing a 'carpool karaoke' promo (starpool karaoke?)
- new star marine map
- all new referral program
- saving the "good stuff" for gamescom
- star citizen "fallout shelter" clone for mobile. outsourced development (so it will actually be released). will be used to generate ad revenue for cig and earn REC for players

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 5, 2017

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

I still love after all this time people who don't get what Derek does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Nicholas posted:

E3 Rumors

Can't wait for the 2 hour power point presentation on the new referral system at citizencon.