Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Well, boys, we're not getting Marvel Heroes 2017. We're getting Marvel Heroes Omega. Coming to PS4 This Spring™.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Leave it to Gaz to be too late for April Fool's.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Kheldarn posted:

Well, boys, we're not getting Marvel Heroes 2017. We're getting Marvel Heroes Omega. Coming to PS4 This Spring™.

I figured it was only a matter of time until Heroes came to consoles.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Coming in 2017 years from now

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Lot's of "THE SKY IS FALLING!" about them abandoning the PC version on the forums.

:stoked:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Kokoro Wish posted:

Lot's of "THE SKY IS FALLING!" about them abandoning the PC version on the forums.

On the one hand I'd be pissed as hell, but on the other hand it'd unquestionably increase my quality of life.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Kokoro Wish posted:

People get upset over anything. They are just tapping an additional market. Relax everyone.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

Kokoro Wish posted:

Can't wait for the dank passive aggressive tweets from our boy Astros.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

dunno why anyone would be pessimistic about this game, i think theyve proven their ability to set realistic goals and execute them

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Marvel Heroes Obama, very excited for the rebrand.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

tweet that at asros please!

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Is there an advanced snack pack I can whale out on for the PS4 yet??

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MH Omega Console FAQ

Gotta buy a Founder's Pack to guarantee Closed Beta access. There will be a wipe before launch. And nothing about being able to switch between PC and Console on the same account.

Also, after PS4, they'll do it all over again to launch on XBox One.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It says there's nothing shared between PC and PS4.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Aphrodite posted:

It says there's nothing shared between PC and PS4.

This pretty much confirms that I'll never play on PS4.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Sdoots posted:

This pretty much confirms that I'll never play on PS4.

Welp same here. Would have been nice, but Ill stick to my 90+ hours and 15 characters on PC.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

strategery posted:

Welp same here. Would have been nice, but Ill stick to my 9000 hours and 3 cosmic wolverines.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Kokoro Wish posted:

i thought they already abandoned it, personally

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

pfft, I only have over half that much time played.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I like how in that blurb they mention and show characters from every major playable group they have in game....... except the Fantastic Four

and as we saw that the FF4 npcs were removed from the hubs as well, I wonder if this could mean that Marvel is demanding that the PS4/XBONE versions not have the FF4 in them at all

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Imagine that fresh start

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

Kheldarn posted:

MH Omega Console FAQ

Gotta buy a Founder's Pack to guarantee Closed Beta access. There will be a wipe before launch. And nothing about being able to switch between PC and Console on the same account.

Also, after PS4, they'll do it all over again to launch on XBox One.

So it will be like warframe console release. I want to congratulate Gaz for lasting long enough to release a game on 3 year old console.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

The....Omega start.

Please disregard what Omega means.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

I like how in that blurb they mention and show characters from every major playable group they have in game....... except the Fantastic Four

and as we saw that the FF4 npcs were removed from the hubs as well, I wonder if this could mean that Marvel is demanding that the PS4/XBONE versions not have the FF4 in them at all

And no surfer. No wonder they haven't made any efforts to fix him

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

we have always been at war with the baxter building group

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

A world without Mom... Sad!

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Gaz getting tore up in that forum thread

I bet this does just as well as DC Universe on PS3!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Grinning Goblin posted:

The....Omega start.

Please disregard what Omega means.

personally i'm excited for the omega alpha

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
It will be entertaining to watch the unstoppable force that is :gaz: QA meet the immovable object of console patch certification processes.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
The Fantastic PS4..

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It's canon.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

jujojoh posted:

So it will be like warframe console release. I want to congratulate Gaz for lasting long enough to release a game on 3 year old console.

DE stated that PS4 would have account crossplay or synergy or synchronization or some poo poo for ages before finally going "we can't do it." and compromising with a one time account copy. Said copy didn't carry over some things, because it wasn't "fair" to the PS4 players.

gently caress that, half the reason I wanted to do it was to be a shithead and roll around in Excal Prime. The list of stuff that didn't come over was something like 20 or 30 items long, too.

At least Gaz is coming out at the gate and saying there won't be any kind of PC/PS4 connection, period.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They're not even getting Chapter 10.

I wonder if the PS4 version will overtake us in content this year or next.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
All they need to do is making the ultimate founder costumes available again for PS4 and the forums will implode.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

This would be so hilariously petty from Marvel, but it honestly seems possible given recent events. Can't see any of them in the big group shot in the announcement trailer either.

e; wonder if Doom would be affected, he's still in the game as the story antagonist.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 5, 2017

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

The FAQ that is being called the Q&A said something about a new game mode in PS4 called operations, but I wonder if that is just a replacement for everything that isn't midtown and story.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Giedroyc posted:

All they need to do is making the ultimate founder costumes available again for PS4 and the forums will implode.

Well then I guess I'd have to get it just to cosmic Weapon X underpants Wolverine.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Grinning Goblin posted:

The FAQ that is being called the Q&A said something about a new game mode in PS4 called operations, but I wonder if that is just a replacement for everything that isn't midtown and story.
"In just a matter of minutes you and a group of friends can defeat super villains and foil their schemes" is so hilariously devoid of meaning. It's basically an un-description.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Kainser posted:

This would be so hilariously petty from Marvel, but it honestly seems possible given recent events. Can't see any of them in the big group shot in the announcement trailer either.

e; wonder if Doom would be affected, he's still in the game as the story antagonist.

It would be hilarious if Doom was just completely replaced by, like, Red Skull or something equally lazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Skroom