Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Honda developed this engine entirely on the back of single cylinder prototypes and only put it together as a V6 late December to find out how hosed it was. No loving words.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-boss-thought-2017-f1-engine-step-was-too-easy-889447/

At least they are taking ownership and admitting the gently caress up.

Even still, :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wan Wan.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wuffles posted:

3 hilarious posts in a row and you gotta come in and smother it with your wet blanket

It stopped being funny the 3rd or 4th time it started circling around.

Sorry. Ignore me idk I guess that stupid comic "triggers" me?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yeah Norns maybe you should come down off your high horse and start cooking with teflon.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Screw you! Smack you with a well seasoned castiron

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

At least they are taking ownership and admitting the gently caress up.

Even still, :suicide:

What baffles me is if they knew it was a dog in December why did they go through the song and dance of saying how great it was at the car launch and through testing?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I hope Honda just becomes a supplier for Sauber or something.

Maybe they can come up with fancy new tech that another team can use when they leave the sport without a single loving win?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think Sauber will take on their engines. They are up against the wall as it is.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Its too bad they can't get a midfield team. The lion's share of blame is with Honda but I don't think McLaren's recent cars have been particularly special apart from maybe last year's, it would do them good to have somebody chasing after them with the same engine.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

What baffles me is if they knew it was a dog in December why did they go through the song and dance of saying how great it was at the car launch and through testing?

¯\(°_o)/¯

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

They probably assumed they were teething issues that could be easily figured out. It's like that moment when you're into physics problem that is iterative from the top; every part of the answer is wrong and it's driving you insane and then you realise you're missing a bracket in the first equation and it all falls into line.
The reality appears to be more of a "every single part is wrong" thing.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I'm thinking it's more "lets not say we thought 1 x 6 = V6 until sponsors are committed".

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Just watched Rush so here is my belated review.

Film = 7/10

Alexandra Maria Lara = :swoon:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

One of you is a goddamn artist.

BubbaGrace posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:perfect:

LOL BubbaGrace, best 6 hour probation I've ever seen. I would make this your avatar had I the means or the continued interest.

1500quidporsche posted:

Honda developed this engine entirely on the back of single cylinder prototypes and only put it together as a V6 late December to find out how hosed it was. No loving words.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda-boss-thought-2017-f1-engine-step-was-too-easy-889447/

Jesus loving christ, Honda! It's like you've never built a motor vehicle related item before. And it keeps getting worse.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm pretty certain I'm drumming up more cash for this site through shitposts than McLaren is getting from their sponsors this year.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

1500quidporsche posted:

Flashback to Trump talking about how "No one knew how complicated Health Care was going to be!"

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Perfect Alonso facial expression is perfect.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
https://twitter.com/wtf1official/status/849550197206200326

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

HJB posted:

Relevant to the thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815798

SAS finally has a mod that doesn't think F1 is garbage. At least unironically anyway.

Gigi Galli posted:

My dude, there are at least two :evilbuddy:

The EU are wasting their time if they think they are going to silence us by getting a bunch of Vettel followers to mod this thread. The facts remain the same:

1. Lewis Hamilton will win the 2017 WDC, against his team's wishes if needed
2. Gibraltar will stay British

poty fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 5, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

No one is trying to silence you.

Lewis already lost, sorry.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
The mainstream F1 media will deny this...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

poty posted:

The mainstream F1 media will deny this...

Are Dan :allears:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Sorry, guys. I should have done this earlier, what a missed opportunity:

1500quidporsche posted:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm pretty certain I'm drumming up more cash for this site through shitposts than McLaren is getting from their sponsors this year.

And Dare, and he must be on his hundredth account by now that beautiful brain damaged bastard.

GramCracker posted:

Sorry, guys. I should have done this earlier, what a missed opportunity:

gently caress's sake that image is so painful and yet so beautifully expressive.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
honda pls

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think like every month this year there's been an article or news about the Honda engine that has just made me go "what the gently caress." I want to believe this is rock bottom but I wouldn't bet on it.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I could understand Honda being useless fuckups if they were just taking money from MCLRN and blowing it all on hookers and coke. But it's the other way around, Honda is paying most of the budget of an entire F1 team just so they can watch their own engines fall apart. Why do this?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've said it before but I honestly think this is just a hobby for them and they really couldn't care if they win.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Dudley posted:

He didn't even edit the name on the racesuit.

Actually I tried to do this, but it the font is so tiny it was unreadable anyway. Also, I see the Hamilton globalist agenda is trying to silence us. It's not a rivals.com joke when it's used here 3 times a page. I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE!

EDIT: To clarify photoshop really shits the bed on fonts smaller than 8pt.

BubbaGrace fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 5, 2017

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Re: Honda - I could maybe understand being that complacent about testing a single cylinder and bolting 5 more on if you didn't have a track record of being a punchline to a joke for two seasons. But they don't seem to be taking this seriously at all.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thanks Ants posted:

Re: Honda - I could maybe understand being that complacent about testing a single cylinder and bolting 5 more on if you didn't have a track record of being a punchline to a joke for two seasons. But they don't seem to be taking this seriously at all.

Honda at the idea of getting back into F1 a couple years ago: :homebrew:
Honda right now: :shrek:

Seriously, if you watch their US ads, they make no mention of F1 but instead have an indy car on them as their "THE TECH IN YOUR CAR COMES FROM HERE!" sort of thing.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Just watched Rush so here is my belated review.

Film = 7/10

Alexandra Maria Lara = :swoon:

Yes but also Olivia Wilde

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

iospace posted:

Honda at the idea of getting back into F1 a couple years ago: :homebrew:
Honda right now: :shrek:

Seriously, if you watch their US ads, they make no mention of F1 but instead have an indy car on them as their "THE TECH IN YOUR CAR COMES FROM HERE!" sort of thing.

Are there any F1 related ads in the US? I'd have thought indy car would be more relevant to that market

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

djssniper posted:

Are there any F1 related ads in the US? I'd have thought indy car would be more relevant to that market

Honestly, not that I'm aware of. I wouldn't put it past Mercedes to at least do it because of their tagline "The Best or Nothing", but I don't think they have. The closest they got was mentioning a historic race car going in an auction for X amount, BUT YOU CAN BUY THIS C CLASS FOR Y DOLLARS!

Then again, technically Merc is racing under its AMG brand, which it doesn't promote that much at all.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Last Merc ad I saw on TV with a race car had a PC23.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Hello dreadfuls. What should I burn my next Audible credit on? I'm torn between Damon Hill's, Ross Brawn's and SIR JOHN YOUNG STEWART'S books. I've already listened to Mork Wibbah's and not interested in Are Jense's as it was a pre-retirement book. Any F1 suggestions are welcome as they calm my morning commute suicidal tendencies. TIA.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Theophany posted:

Hello dreadfuls. What should I burn my next Audible credit on? I'm torn between Damon Hill's, Ross Brawn's and SIR JOHN YOUNG STEWART'S books. I've already listened to Mork Wibbah's and not interested in Are Jense's as it was a pre-retirement book. Any F1 suggestions are welcome as they calm my morning commute suicidal tendencies. TIA.

Brawn's.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Theophany posted:

Is Brawns even F1 related, I thought it was more a how how F1 operated can be relevant to other businesses

Edit: next on my list bookwise is 'The Mechanics Tale'

djssniper fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 5, 2017

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Theophany posted:

You're going to go apeshit when Ferrari get their first 1-2 of the season, right?

I'm going to poo poo my pants and take a picture and post it here

I bought Damon's book because it was highly recommended and so far it's boring as poo poo. He's just going on about being the son of a legend and I don't really give a gently caress about that, I want war stories and cool things that happened during his career. But I guess it's Damon Hill so I got what I deserved. The Brawn book is apparently just a long interview with Brawn, some people like it and some don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tony Montana posted:

I'm going to poo poo my pants and take a picture and post it here

I bought Damon's book because it was highly recommended and so far it's boring as poo poo. He's just going on about being the son of a legend and I don't really give a gently caress about that, I want war stories and cool things that happened during his career. But I guess it's Damon Hill so I got what I deserved. The Brawn book is apparently just a long interview with Brawn, some people like it and some don't.

The best bits of Hill's book were serialised in a tabloid, bit like a poo poo film showing the best bits in a trailer

• Locked thread