Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously, Aidan Turner. They'll install a copper bath in the TARDIS console room where he'll ruminate in every episode, and his billowy shirt will be perfect for running down corridors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I would like the next Doctor to be female or a PoC or both but the twelve (e: all thirteen; sorry Sir John! (though then there's David Warner and Geoffrey Bayldon as well...)) previous white dudes have all been splendid chaps so I'd live with them going with that again.

e:

Wheat Loaf posted:

Seriously, Aidan Turner. They'll install a copper bath in the TARDIS console room where he'll ruminate in every episode, and his billowy shirt will be perfect for running down corridors.

Hmm, yeah, this would do nicely

Box of Bunnies fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 5, 2017

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Dabir posted:

being unable to enjoy media because of the gender and skin colour of the lead actor

hmmmmmmmmmmm

i'm just so tired

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It's me, I'm the new Doctor.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

The_Doctor posted:

It's me, I'm the new Doctor.

Username post combo?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

jivjov posted:

Username post combo?

Time to start revisiting a few... but just the old favourites, eh?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I wonder if Moffat will go back to doing the odd episode or if he'll flee the show forever like RTD did

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

It seems pretty clear that they are going for the least imaginative possible rehash of the Tennent years, except with a much worse writer in charge.

This is not what I wanted when I wished for Moffat to be gone! Stupid monkey paw.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I do wonder why they didn't give it to Gatiss.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've heard he much prefers acting to being a showrunner. Honestly wouldn't be entirely surprised if it comes out a few years down the line that he was offered it but declined.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, Gatiss has said on a couple occasions that he has no interest in being a full-time showrunner.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
We have new episode titles!

2. Smile
3. Thin Ice
4. Knock Knock
5. Oxygen
7. The Pyramid at the End of the World

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

The_Doctor posted:

I do wonder why they didn't give it to Gatiss.

Would Gatiss be any better or worse than Chibnall? I've found his work on the series to be pretty lacklustre.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

EDIT: Actually probably best not post this.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
When I see you post something like THAT, Marcus, it really makes me sad I didn't get to catch what you did type.

Especially given earlier comments.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yes, please tell us what you posted prior, Marcus

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Probably something about how the current rumored Doctor is Richard Ranki.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

PriorMarcus posted:

EDIT: Actually probably best not post this.

Aww man.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
most of those episodes sound like "blink" redux attempts

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Two more episode titles:

8. The Lie of the Land
9. The Empress of Mars

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

According to some sources, Susan is appearing this season.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Timby posted:

If the Chumblies appear, Capaldi is a phantom Executive Producer.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Cross-Section posted:

Probably something about how the current rumored Doctor is Richard Ranki.

If true, this is the dollar store "white brunette male" of casting choices

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Timby posted:

It's a photo on his desk in his university study.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The_Doctor posted:

It's a photo on his desk in his university study.

No, like, APPEARING appearing.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The other current prevalent rumor is that Simm will be returning for another turn as the Master this season. Possibly a multi-Master episode?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Teek posted:

The other current prevalent rumor is that Simm will be returning for another turn as the Master this season. Possibly a multi-Master episode?

We need The Four Masters with Simm, Gomez, Derek Jacobi, and Eric Roberts.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Everyone forgets CGI Snake :(

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Chairman Capone posted:

We need The Four Masters with Simm, Gomez, Derek Jacobi, and Eric Roberts.

I would watch that.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

jivjov posted:

Am I going to be stuck ruling a new universe with you? Why couldn’t I have had Mr Velveteen or the snake or something?

I love The Two Masters.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Dabir posted:

being unable to enjoy media because of the gender and skin colour of the lead actor

hmmmmmmmmmmm

I mean it is just a major bummer, at some point they've gotta just admit it's time to give it a go and cast a woman. It's a show that benefits from shake-ups and changes, and if Chibnall's directions are literally "Just emulate the David Tennant era, so we can sell more t-shirts," that's the worst reason for lacking casting diversity. Oh well. :(

jivjov posted:

Still furious CGI Snake was removed from the Wikipedia page. A multi-Master episode would be cool, but they'll never get back Derek Jacobi, who's the one I really always wanted to see more of. It might be nice to see how Simm does with some different material, though.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Timby posted:

Oh gosh, proper Tenth Planet Cybes and then the possibility of this. Be still my Hartnell fangirl heart.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

I mean it is just a major bummer, at some point they've gotta just admit it's time to give it a go and cast a woman. It's a show that benefits from shake-ups and changes, and if Chibnall's directions are literally "Just emulate the David Tennant era, so we can sell more t-shirts," that's the worst reason for lacking casting diversity. Oh well. :(

Couldn't they cast a woman and then go for the young sexy white dude as the companion or one of the companions, though? It's not like Billie Piper wasn't marketable as Rose, nor Gillen as Amy.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sad King Billy posted:

Would Gatiss be any better or worse than Chibnall? I've found his work on the series to be pretty lacklustre.

I think RTD and Moffat have demonstrated that the ability to write an episode isn't the same as the ability to produce the show.

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

Teek posted:

This would be way, way too good, so this one can't possibly be true.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Couldn't they cast a woman and then go for the young sexy white dude as the companion or one of the companions, though? It's not like Billie Piper wasn't marketable as Rose, nor Gillen as Amy.

In theory, which I would be better with, at least (although "going back to the days of" isn't great either way). The word "dashing" to describe the young man makes me skeptical that's what they're going for, though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

BBC confirm that Simm is back.

Huh. This is going to be interesting.

Judoon Platoon
Nov 1, 2010

Teek posted:

‪Confirmed!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/9ecdaaa1-10e1-45a7-a266-bdd7a1adcdf2

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's great that they got him back! I'm surprised. This is the first time there's ever been a multi-Master episode, isn't it? It's shaping up to be a fun season.

E: I keep forgetting David Suchet is going to be in this season. I hope they make an innocuous little Poirot joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
If they're doing two Masters already, god how amazing would it be if they could get MacQueen in for one last Thick of It reunion.

• Locked thread