Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

ThePeavstenator posted:

Really love those "no fun allowed" clauses WotC includes to ruin every card that could be cool. Can't even do a multiple combat combo (which isn't even that good) if you find a way to untap it.

I mean it would be broken as hell if you gave it vigilance otherwise.

Edit:

Also an interesting rules case if you gave it vigilance and then ran it into a creature it bounced off of infinitely

Firebatgyro fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

I can't wait to open this

and pass it :tipshat:

why doesn't this card have haste

like look at gideon and then look at this card, they're both the same rarity lol

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
It doesn't have Haste so you can play Hellrider with it, IMO.

Or Goldnight Castigator if we're talking about Standard for some dumbass reason, whatever.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

do you talk like this in real life

I'm gonna be real honest I don't post unless I'm pretty drunk and also it's 3am in Australia
E: which is to say normally I just screech incoherently, but this one is just for you, mcmagic

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Firebatgyro posted:

I mean it would be broken as hell if you gave it vigilance otherwise

I mean when a creature has Elvish Ranger's statline and has to attack to get its benefit I feel like there's a very large amount of counterplay there, even if in theory it could go infinite with some sort of two-card combo

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

You only need Brago and Urabrask to make that 4/1 go infinite.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Allstone posted:

I'm gonna be real honest I don't post unless I'm pretty drunk and also it's 3am in Australia
E: which is to say normally I just screech incoherently, but this one is just for you, mcmagic

you just had a really roundabout way of saying "you're hot-headed and bad at arguing", is all. wasn't trying to like, call you an idiot or anything mean

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Jesus Christ it's a 4-power 3-drop that demands an immediate answer lest you go so wide you're goatse-ing at your opponent.

Two of them tag-teaming already deals 16 damage. And you want it to be a hasty 4-power 3 drop? Did you want that to be on turn 4 so you can whine and cry about that too?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

You only need Brago and Urabrask to make that 4/1 go infinite.

legacy playable combo WOTC WHAT ARE U DOING UNBEATABLE

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

legacy playable combo WOTC WHAT ARE U DOING UNBEATABLE

Gideon of the Trail-Mix puts a stop to it by making Brago not deal damage! Solved!

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

JerryLee posted:

I mean when a creature has Elvish Ranger's statline and has to attack to get its benefit I feel like there's a very large amount of counterplay there, even if in theory it could go infinite with some sort of two-card combo

In constructed yeah. But I don't think turn 3 this guy, turn 4 white cartouche + removal spell on your one blocker is particularly far fetched for limited

Oh i'm an idiot white cartouche gives first strike its the trial that gives vigilance

Firebatgyro fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 5, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Jesus Christ it's a 4-power 3-drop that demands an immediate answer lest you go so wide you're goatse-ing at your opponent.

Two of them tag-teaming already deals 16 damage. And you want it to be a hasty 4-power 3 drop? Did you want that to be on turn 4 so you can whine and cry about that too?

i want red to be the best color playable, the 4/1 should be a hasty one drop and also reprint lightning bolt

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

mcmagic posted:

I'm sorry that it's offensive to you that I try to defend my opinions. I'm really just a complete scumbag for that...

You're also a Jets fan right?

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
Opinion: Menace would have been better named as "Dodge" and tied into quick/evasive flavored cards.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
Comedy option: it should have had flash to enable mono red twin in like legacy I guess

you just had a really roundabout way of saying "you're hot-headed and bad at arguing", is all. wasn't trying to like, call you an idiot or anything mean

Yeah all good when I don't put enough effort into saying something vaguely complex my brain auto switches to bullshitting essay mode. I don't even need to write essays an arts student munted in my mouth and now I'm stuck like this forever.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

mcmagic posted:

I'm sorry that it's offensive to you that I try to defend my opinions. I'm really just a complete scumbag for that...

Look buddy you must be new to this whole posting thing because otherwise you'd know that humility is the only currency here on something awful dot com

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

80s James Hetfield posted:

I've changed my mind on McMagic

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Combat Celebrant getting slammed into Kiki-Jiki EDH.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Combat Celebrant getting slammed into Kiki-Jiki EDH.

That goes infinite, right?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Firebatgyro posted:

I mean it would be broken as hell if you gave it vigilance otherwise.

Edit:

Also an interesting rules case if you gave it vigilance and then ran it into a creature it bounced off of infinitely

If there's some sort of infinite loop that doesn't result in a game-ending event the player performing the action has to choose a finite number of loops. If both players are involved, the active player has to be the one to stop looping.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

TheKingofSprings posted:

That goes infinite, right?

Infinite combat steps anyway, yeah

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

80s James Hetfield posted:

Just more indignities.....

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
I think this says it better than anything.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

moush posted:

Perfect.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

I've changed my mind on McMagic

other Jets

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elyv posted:

other Jets

I retract my statement

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

moush posted:

yep

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Oh God, it also reset other creatures exerts, right? Double 4 damage to a creature with the dragon, double "1 creature cannot block"...

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I managed to fail on reading Celebrant on multiple occasions, you can only exert him once each turn.

Not that it matters with Kiki, since you just exert the copy, but still.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
mcmagic is probably a sexhaver to top it all off

boo this man!

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

moush posted:

It's his yard

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Serperoth posted:

I managed to fail on reading Celebrant on multiple occasions, you can only exert him once each turn.

Not that it matters with Kiki, since you just exert the copy, but still.

Yes, I know, but the other creatures with exert can be exert more than one time each turn, they just need other combat phases and something that untap them (like this guy). Just this.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
English Dusk (to) Dawn

Plus Bradley's art

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/starcitygames/status/849680229995921408

Heh

Rinkles posted:

English Dusk (to) Dawn

Plus Bradley's art

The split cards are so bad...

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

"Sorry, Twitter is taking too long to load."

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Walked posted:

And SCG has preorders up. $40 for new gideon starting price.

Not any better but it started at $29.99, I caught it at that price by looking directly under amonkhet in the singles listings as opposed to in their front page visual spoiler is slower to update. I don't play anymore, I just collect PWs and Wrexial (Cthulhu themed) EDH stuff so it was worth it to me to not have to worry about it later.

He's up to $50.00 now.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

bagrada posted:

Not any better but it started at $29.99, I caught it at that price by looking directly under amonkhet in the singles listings as opposed to in their front page visual spoiler is slower to update. I don't play anymore, I just collect PWs and Wrexial (Cthulhu themed) EDH stuff so it was worth it to me to not have to worry about it later.

He's up to $50.00 now.

UW control is going to be a thing in Modern, mark my words.

T1 Ancestral Vision
T2 ???
T3 Gideon + Pact of Negation Backup

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Looks to have been deleted, got a pic or the text?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Walked posted:

T1 Ancestral Vision
T2 ???

Die on turn 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Walked posted:

T1 Ancestral Vision
T2 ???

But-

• Locked thread