Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Enos Cabell posted:

Just imagine all of those many great, memorable characters from the Call of Duty franchise up on the silver screen!

I can remember 'Soap' and had to google for absolutely any other character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
CoD4's travelling POV style would be good for some Bayhem.

I'm not sure the craziness from the rest of the series -- firing a trident from a sub to precipitate WW3, nukes going off in the US, Red Dawn -- would translate to a good film series but probe me wrong!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I can remember 'Soap' and had to google for absolutely any other character.

:confused:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
There's already been a pseudo American (and French) remake of Akira already

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aZFcosBTaQ&list=PLXfGiToaCKHQBVbhWJaQFIdqArMfDkZHU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Captain Price was in both the WW2 and modern games.

No one mentioned the Obama yet?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The last Call of Duty sold like half as much as they expected, they really shouldn't have waited until the franchise was dying from over saturation before trying to branch into movies.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The only way it'll feel like an authentic CoD experience is if the audience gets in on the act and keeps calling all the characters noob and scrub and every kind of slur imaginable.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lobok posted:

The only way it'll feel like an authentic CoD experience is if the audience gets in on the act and keeps calling all the characters noob and scrub and every kind of slur imaginable.

Are "noob" and "scrub" slurs now?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Lobok posted:

No, have that be the script. Every character communicating in racist/homophobic slurs & nothing else. Also they're dubbed by 12 year old voice actors (but are still acted by big brawny action mans).

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Why, they're downright ableist!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lobok posted:

Why, they're downright ableist!

That TLC song seems loving cruel now.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I think them not being slurs is why the poster specifically set them aside from "every slur imaginable" but I could be wrong

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I think them not being slurs is why the poster specifically set them aside from "every slur imaginable" but I could be wrong

Then "or" would have been better than "and"

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Powaqoatse posted:

No, have that be the script. Every character communicating in racist/homophobic slurs & nothing else. Also they're dubbed by 12 year old voice actors (but are still acted by big brawny action mans).
Whoa, an interesting take on the property that indeed draws on the feel of the different incarnations of the game rather than transposing existing plots.

We won't get that though, I bet the entire play is to get some of that sweet Act of Valor gov't money.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

As long as one movie is called Press F to Pay Respects it will all be worth it

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lobok posted:

I've said it before but if my parents had ever caught me screaming the n-word at a stranger online I'd probably still be grounded.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

Cant wait to see who they cast as the 1911 or the M4

I'm hoping Stevie Wonder.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

The MSJ posted:

Captain Price was in both the WW2 and modern games.

No one mentioned the Obama yet?

Make the movie be about how in the hell the same guy served in the 1940s and like 2009 without aging.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Marvel already did that. Multiple times, even.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Peanut President posted:

Make the movie be about how in the hell the same guy served in the 1940s and like 2009 without aging.

Modern Price is WWII Price's grandson, if memory serves.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

As long as one movie is called Press F to Pay Respects it will all be worth it

Nah, theyll bring back intermissions so you can have ample time to think.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Bay is claiming this Transformers will be his last one for reals this time guys, honest, but also that there are 14 more Transformers films in the pipeline.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

CoD film will make a trillion dollars if they hire someone from John Wick to direct and cast Statham minute one.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Bay is claiming this Transformers will be his last one for reals this time guys, honest, but also that there are 14 more Transformers films in the pipeline.

With 3 years between each movie, that's 42 years of transformers! The original transformer fans will be approximately 85 by the time this wraps up.

Fake edit: I assume Bay is facetious about this

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Get Villeneuve on those Transformers movies ASAP

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Then "or" would have been better than "and"
Why? They're not mutually exclusive in any way. They can use those two insults in addition to slurs. It'd be one thing if he'd said "and every other", but he didn't.

Official ruling, original comment is perfectly fine.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's true. All of it.

It started out as a simple family comedy, but then Urkel, the wacky neighbor character, just blew up in a way nobody expected. The show became more outlandish as it centered more around him.

The last episode I remember watching was basically Speed, but on one of those stationary spin bikes at the gym.

You left out the fact that it was a spin off of "Perfect Strangers".

CopywrightMMXI posted:

With 3 years between each movie, that's 42 years of transformers! The original transformer fans will be approximately 85 by the time this wraps up.

Nah, the plan is to do spin off films. "Bumblebee" is going to be the first one.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Get Villeneuve on those Transformers movies ASAP

The thinking man's Optimus Prime

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Davros1 posted:

You left out the fact that it was a spin off of "Perfect Strangers".

Only because that's news to me.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

It's gotta be a dig at James Cameron and his ever-increasing number of Avatar sequels.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Detective No. 27 posted:

Urkel also showed up on Full House and Step By Step, which means he could appear on Fuller House if NetFlix wants to get real cute.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tars Tarkas posted:

Urkel also showed up on Full House and Step By Step, which means he could appear on Fuller House if NetFlix wants to get real cute.

Jaleel White is loving jacked as hell now, too, so that would be hilarious.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Jaleel White is loving jacked as hell now, too, so that would be hilarious.

*sips a glass of water, accidentally crushes the glass*

"Did I do that?"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mierenneuker posted:

*sips a glass of water, accidentally crushes the glass*

"Did I do that?"

They should do a Very Special Episode about steroid use with Urkel and I legit can't believe that's a remotely sensible statement in 2017

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

The last Call of Duty sold like half as much as they expected, they really shouldn't have waited until the franchise was dying from over saturation before trying to branch into movies.

For the film studio this would be better for sure, but from the game developer's perspective it makes sense. Having a terrible film damage your billion dollar a year property might be a risk you pass on for whatever share of the film you'd get, but when that starts becoming a $500 million or $100 million thing, cashing in with whatever becomes more attractive

I have no idea how involved Activision would be in the production/distribution based on their press release though

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

They should do a Very Special Episode about steroid use with Urkel and I legit can't believe that's a remotely sensible statement in 2017

They need to find a way to have Urkel and Jaleel White as Billy Batson and Captain Marvel/Shazam, respectively.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Detective No. 27 posted:

Harriett (that was the wife right) was the elevator operator in Cousin Larry's building.

Yes, they had a manual elevator in 80-whatever. Yes, the attendant was a black woman.

I think she mentions losing the job early on.

Tars Tarkas posted:

And Home Improvement!

I forget if he ever made it to Boy Meets World though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So this is the Act of Valor reboot?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

FilthyImp posted:

Harriett (that was the wife right) was the elevator operator in Cousin Larry's building.

Yes, they had a manual elevator in 80-whatever. Yes, the attendant was a black woman.

I think she mentions losing the job early on.

And Home Improvement!

I forget if he ever made it to Boy Meets World though.

He didn't, but the eldest daughter from Step By Step gave Corey romantic advice at Disney World in a crossover night where all the shows were in Disney World, so it's in canon the same universe.

Lots of buildings still had elevator operators until very recently in major cities like NYC and Chicago thanks to union protections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How did I miss they're making a movie out of Rampage? Ugh why

Who plays the giant lizard?

• Locked thread