Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Quoting for the new page cause lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Will giving a cop a soda end sexism? Will it end racism?

It turns out, yes, yes it will.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i know this isn't woke, but haha

https://twitter.com/feldpos/status/848554527204794368

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
https://twitter.com/jaboukie/status/849417387975823361

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'd like to buy the world a woke.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Woka cola

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
https://twitter.com/BerniceKing/status/849656699464056832

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I wish they served Pepsi products at more fast food places so I could get Diet Mt. Dew instead of the inferior Diet Coke. Wake up McDonald's or I may not be able to engage with you much longer.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lol if you don't engage with the McDonald's unsweetened tea brand

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

LinYutang posted:

man what is even happening in that pepsi ad. one of the jenners solves police brutality with an offered soda????

This but ironically, I do not understand anything in that video, help

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
nevermind

https://twitter.com/questlove/status/849530281233182720

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

KiteAuraan posted:

who the gently caress is that bepis add for? hill shils and "woke" white hillenials?

retarded teenagers and old people who want to be cool

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

if only a noble person of color had been in that boardroom to stop this disaster

....what's that? their CEO is an indian-american woman and they have several token minorities on the board of directors already, including a black man?

well uh*brain crashes to desktop*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Fullhouse posted:

if only a noble person of color had been in that boardroom to stop this disaster

....what's that? their CEO is an indian-american woman and they have several token minorities on the board of directors already, including a black man?

well uh*brain crashes to desktop*

Indian shouldn't count

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blue Train posted:

I feel like this belongs here

quote:

Teen gets into Stanford after writing ‘#BlackLivesMatter’ 100 times on app

This New Jersey student’s unconventional approach to applying for college paid off for him.

On his Stanford University application, Zaid Ahmed was posed the question “What matters to you, and why?”

The 18-year-old activist from Princeton, New Jersey, decided to use the opportunity to write “#BlackLivesMatter” 100 times.

To his surprise, the answer caught the attention of the California school’s admissions office and Ahmed received his acceptance letter on Friday.

“I didn’t think I would get admitted to Stanford at all, but it’s quite refreshing to see that they view my unapologetic activism as an asset rather than a liability,” Ahmed told Mic.

Buca di Bepis posted:

if it's stupid but it works then it isn't stupid

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

lol she deleted the tweet. how much worse is this than the average woke soft drink commercial? you know, like the "america the beautiful" super bowl ad sang in different languages

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

lol she deleted the tweet. how much worse is this than the average woke soft drink commercial? you know, like the "america the beautiful" super bowl ad sang in different languages

Those are about "'hey let's celebrate all the different cultures in our country", this ad tries for "lets all get along" but comes off dismissive in a "if only you guys weren't so mean to the cops/both sides are the same" way

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The ad's message is that companies and brands can bring us all together and save us

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
http://adage.com/images/random/0209/pepsi-arnell021109.pdf

can someone please let me know if this is fake. please, im losing my mind

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The ad's message is that companies and brands can bring us all together and save us

coming together as a community to lynch the ad man

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

#woke #brands: Join the Conversation

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

as an ad major: its real. in fact the rule of thumb I'd go by in the future is that the more insufferable an ad-related document is, the more real it is.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

The only part that looks weird to me is the part where they literally diagram the "gravitational pull" of the brand, otherwise this definitely looks real

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

as an ad major: its real. in fact the rule of thumb I'd go by in the future is that the more insufferable an ad-related document is, the more real it is.

why the gently caress would you major in advertising

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Pepsi gives you +5 to your saving throw against police brutality.

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Gio posted:

why the gently caress would you major in advertising

Because being in client-side marketing is probably the best wage-to-difficulty ratio of nearly any job outside of finance

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I would think corporations and BLM would be able to find plenty of common ground, both are accustomed to having their personhood constantly brought into question.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

of course it's real

call to action posted:

Because being in client-side marketing is probably the best wage-to-difficulty ratio of nearly any job outside of finance

this is incredibly true

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Blue Train posted:

Quoting for the new page cause lmao

thanks i missed it and im glad that u did

mutha gently caress a baby flavored pepsi

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

General Dog posted:

I would think corporations and BLM would be able to find plenty of common ground, both are accustomed to having their personhood constantly brought into question.

imagine i put that pic about the powerpoint presentation with Wells Fargo and BLM representation here

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Vox Nihili posted:

Why can't advertising be like in Mad Men where drunk white guys slap something together over lunch and sell it to other drunker white guys before leaving to bang their secretaries?

Is this the cost of diversity?!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

pushpins posted:

Why can't advertising be like in Mad Men where drunk white guys slap something together over lunch and sell it to other drunker white guys before leaving to bang their secretaries?

lol who the gently caress do you think put that together?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

pushpins posted:

That's how people used to get movies and music put out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP4wsURn3rw

Literally people would go "I don't care. People like it. People will pay money to see it. Who gives a poo poo?". Then a couple of yuppie dipshits happened and that's what we're stuck with.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

pushpins posted:

Because loving psychologists and technocrats just had to get involved and make advertising "effective". I want it brought back to the days when it was just someone half-excitedly reading the product specs over banal footage of someone else using it.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

withak posted:

I propose that Pepsi knew exactly what they were doing with this. Brand engagement must be through the roof!

Nah marketers are just that stupid

Theirs no conspiracy behind giving Pepsi to cops

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

call to action posted:

beyond just this, the actual work in advertising can be fun depending on the person and the actual job. I enjoy the research elements a lot, and copywriting can be fun in collaboration with a visual person.

that said I'm also trying to go into grant writing instead of advertising and am hoping I don't have actually have to work within my major :v: the culture is largely terrible.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/849497989588680708

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MizPiz posted:

Because loving psychologists and technocrats just had to get involved and make advertising "effective". I want it brought back to the days when it was just someone half-excitedly reading the product specs over banal footage of someone else using it.

This exists today in the form of paid youtube product reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

This is an excellent concept for an account