Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DragQueenofAngmar

You shall not pass!

Macnult posted:

hello :) I played horizon zero dawn at a friend's house over the weekend and liked it a lot. probs gonna be my next videogame purchase

doing well! games are definitely good, and cool. you should stop by the hello & chat thread too

that ropecaster gun that ties robots to the ground should be purchase 1 imo, hands down most satisfying way to tackle a robo-t-rex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

mysterious frankie posted:

I really don't want to poop on it or anyone enjoying it. In theory it sounds fun; I liked all the other Mass Effect games (even 3), the idea of a Joss Whedony space exploration game sounds exactly like my shameful vice, and I love glitchy game goofemups, but so far it hasn't got me. I'm past the busywork they make you do to unlock Eos, so in theory I should be able to start actually exploring and feeling my oats; I just need to get back into it... but with Night In The Woods and now Persona 5... man o man, it's gonna be tough to go back any time soon.

It snowballs pretty substantially from there. After you settle Eos the station starts coming alive and it opens up into a billion sidequests all over the cluster.

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

ME:A
Shufflin across spaceworld

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747
i started witcher 3 and it seems cool, like a solo mmo with the sidequests, it's just kinda buggy, with me unable to draw my sword sometimes and every time I go like 500 feet it freezes for ten seconds to load more area, or when multiple combat things are happening. at least enemies get frozen during this too or i'd be dying all the time. the alchemy system is still annoying like previous witchers so I'm just ignoring it, but at least the difficulty isn't so high i quit after 1 hour like the other 2 witchers

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

W3 alchemy is way better because resting refreshes all your potions and oils, so you don't have to recraft them.

your other stuff sounds weird, maybe ask in the thread?

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747

Subjunctive posted:

W3 alchemy is way better because resting refreshes all your potions and oils, so you don't have to recraft them.

what do you mean by that? i craft it once and if i rest i'll get a new one in my inventory?

----------------

Subjunctive

✨sparkle and shine✨

got any sevens posted:

what do you mean by that? i craft it once and if i rest i'll get a new one in my inventory?

yeah, if you have one left and rest with alcohol in your inventory, it refills the rest of that kind.

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete
http://atlus.com/note-persona-5-streaming/

:newlol: this is a really dumb choice

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
finished the new zelda 100% and idk how to feel

fridge corn

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

is anyone else playing horizon zero dawn? bc im having an extremely good time with horizon zero dawn

hi, by the way :)

I am play ing this game and its really good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Android Blues

andromeda isn't wowing me, i'm like twelve hours in and i don't feel like i've been able to actually do any open world stuff yet, like it's just driving from checkpoint to checkpoint on eos because the Kryptonite Fog is stopping me from going outside the critical path

Bobby Deluxe

Historical Wizards posted:

So how many games does everyone have in their backlog?
I'm sitting at a solid 41 including some that I am currently playing through.
i think i have 20 on ps4 not including cheap indies and i dont even want to think about how many i have on 360

also civ 4 on my laptop but the load time is agonising

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Android Blues posted:

andromeda isn't wowing me, i'm like twelve hours in and i don't feel like i've been able to actually do any open world stuff yet, like it's just driving from checkpoint to checkpoint on eos because the Kryptonite Fog is stopping me from going outside the critical path

I played it a little more last night and liked it better if only because I was doing something more than running back and forth over the same 30,000 square feet, turning on generators and looking for key codes.

Speaking of running, controlling Ryder is moderately unsatisfying. She doesn't move quick enough and traversal never feels free and fun; imo taking a page from the various open world games that make their protags free running parkour masters would have done a lot to make exploration less tedious. That and get rid of that drat "Ooooof!" and "UGH" whenever I land after using jump and dash moves. It's entirely aesthetic, but there's something about attaching sounds of discomfort and exertion to only two moves you can do that make travel look and feel cool that acts as a killjoy.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

pippy

CRIMES
I got a big bug in mass effect, now I can't get a colony. Scanning poo poo sucks!

Hoping they fix it in that update on Thursday.

Android Blues

I played it a little more last night and liked it better if only because I was doing something more than running back and forth over the same 30,000 square feet, turning on generators and looking for key codes.

Speaking of running, controlling Ryder is moderately unsatisfying. She doesn't move quick enough and traversal never feels free and fun; imo taking a page from the various open world games that make their protags free running parkour masters would have done a lot to make exploration less tedious. That and get rid of that drat "Ooooof!" and "UGH" whenever I land after using jump and dash moves. It's entirely aesthetic, but there's something about attaching sounds of discomfort and exertion to only two moves you can do that make travel look and feel cool that acts as a killjoy.

i feel this so hard, it wants to be an open world game with a focus on traversal and free movement, but the protagonist is so gosh darn clunky and YES the UEAGH HUH! noises kill me too

Android Blues

like, yeah, there's a delay after landing from jump and a delay after boost dashing and the dash doesn't take you very far and even turning around while running is SORT of a production!

it feels so so so so bad to just move around your guy, and it's competing in that area with stuff like Horizon and Breath of the Wild. i don't know where they thought they were at with this

mysterious frankie

imo the movement in ME:A is like they said "how would our actual out of shape players grunt and trundle around our world of fantasy in a jetpack spacesuit?" then made the game control like that. it's basically that moment when the screen goes dark and you see yourself all slack jawed and double chinned in the reflection, except it never stops. existentially, it is very troubling (to me).

----------------

Bobby Deluxe

i personally love when the lighting in the character creator is completely different to anything you ever encounter in game and then at the point in the intro where your character appears you barely recognise the monster you have apparently created

Scaly Haylie

ff14 is good

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lizard Wizard posted:

ff14 is good

it has its moments

i want to resub if they're coming out with Dancer

i have a level 52 Ninja and she owns

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ff4 is really good.

----------------

fridge corn

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i personally love when the lighting in the character creator is completely different to anything you ever encounter in game and then at the point in the intro where your character appears you barely recognise the monster you have apparently created

the best was in dragon age inquisition when after putting a fully sick beard on my character getting in the game and finding it floating an inch off his face 👹

Historical Wizards

fridge corn posted:

the best was in dragon age inquisition when after putting a fully sick beard on my character getting in the game and finding it floating an inch off his face 👹

In Fallout 4 when I attempted to move my character's chin, his face disappeared.

Scaly Haylie

whiteyfats posted:

ff4 is really good.

You have redeemed yourself.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

the only good character creator is the one in the WWE games where you can have your guy sponsored by TOTINO'S (R) PIZZA ROLLS

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No Mercy was the best wrestling game. One of the less than ten good games the N64 had

----------------

pippy

CRIMES

imo the movement in ME:A is like they said "how would our actual out of shape players grunt and trundle around our world of fantasy in a jetpack spacesuit?" then made the game control like that. it's basically that moment when the screen goes dark and you see yourself all slack jawed and double chinned in the reflection, except it never stops. existentially, it is very troubling (to me).
This is how I walk IRL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWGANKbYrI
Everyone be zigging, I be zagging.

pippy fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 5, 2017

Bobby Deluxe

whiteyfats posted:

No Mercy was the best wrestling game. One of the less than ten good games the N64 had
i got that when it first came out and remember having to post the cart back because it kept forgetting my goddamn saves

mysterious frankie

pippy posted:

This is how I walk IRL:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWGANKbYrI
Everyone be zigging, I be zagging.

drat hipsters

----------------

Pro Target

anyone here want to gently caress fox mccloud>?

Fuck My Ass

Pro Target posted:

drat pro target nice to see you around.

Thank you, very nice I like. For the insanely win sig.

tao of lmao

Android Blues posted:

i feel this so hard, it wants to be an open world game with a focus on traversal and free movement, but the protagonist is so gosh darn clunky and YES the UEAGH HUH! noises kill me too

After Eos you get access to more worlds and do more travel in the car which is way better than the car in 1. I won't defend the on-foot stuff ESPECIALLY after playing Zelda which is so good it honestly ruins all other open-world travel. The protag making jump noises isn't nearly as bad as your allies doing it like a second or so after you. For the first 10 hours or so I kept thinking it was an enemy.

tao of lmao

got any sevens posted:

i started witcher 3 and it seems cool, like a solo mmo with the sidequests, it's just kinda buggy, with me unable to draw my sword sometimes and every time I go like 500 feet it freezes for ten seconds to load more area, or when multiple combat things are happening. at least enemies get frozen during this too or i'd be dying all the time. the alchemy system is still annoying like previous witchers so I'm just ignoring it, but at least the difficulty isn't so high i quit after 1 hour like the other 2 witchers

Are you playing on pc or console? Game is buggy sometimes for sure, but that sounds more like a cpu or gpu issue.

tao of lmao

Pro Target posted:

I respect the furry aesthetic.

Pro Target

Randaconda

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i got that when it first came out and remember having to post the cart back because it kept forgetting my goddamn saves

Yeah, that was a known issue with the first run of them. Still a great game, though. Haven't played one since that captures the ebb and flow of a match quite as well since then.

----------------

Bobby Deluxe

come to think of it i dont think ive enjoyed a wrestling game as much since no mercy

maybe though this is a reflection of the joylessness of the ageing process whereby we can only look back wisfully of former joys, the ability to fully enjoy them lost like animes in a house fire...

Pro Target

fox mcclouds butt..hole

Pro Target

dio you think scharcters in the star fox universe have human dicks, or aniamal dicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic

probably a gradient of the two