Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Angelic Layer is good, though it suffers from pretty average animation in the action bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

This is the wish fulfillment I look for in videogames

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

No Cat No Sale

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Renai Bokuon is a fantastic read, so, well, Namtab might be right.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

Renai Bokuon is a fantastic read, so, well, Namtab might be right.

What did you like about it? The synopsis doesn't sound interesting at all

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Renai Bokukarano is an amazing manga and I love the hell out of it.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

someone post the vweem fight gif

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

there is a staggering amount of loving up I had to do to get to this thought but this is what it was

It is A: not a gif, and B: from a series called Busou Renkin

you should read Busou Renkin if you haven't though it's fun shounen

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I watched Busou Renkein rather than read it, but I still remember enjoying it quite a bit.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

having watched the first episode of everything so far, sakura quest is the first one i like. its good fun. really nice looking opening too, even if it kinda downgrades the visuals after that

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Maidragon's finale was as good as it could possibly have been, locked down its position as winter AOTS by a mile. 2nd place for me is probably gonna be Bang Dream, although its schedule is weird so it still has like 3 or 4 episodes left. GabDro's 3rd, maybe 2nd if Bang Dream just tanks.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
AOTS Winter 2017 top spot is already occupied by Tanya and Konosuba, sorry.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the next page of posts posted:

AOTS Winter 2017 top spot is already occupied by [some other show], sorry.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

AOTS Winter 2017 top spot is already occupied by Rakugo, sorry.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

This.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I will silently judge anyone who does not pick Rakugo, even if the excuse is they haven't seen it yet.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

I will silently judge anyone who does not pick Rakugo, even if the excuse is they haven't seen it yet.

:hai:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

can you blame them, some other show is a classic of our times

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Okay Amazon is really trying to power their way into the anime streaming market, they're up to 9 series this season, so far.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm actually always correct, as evidenced in my many posts

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

nielsm posted:

Okay Amazon is really trying to power their way into the anime streaming market, they're up to 9 series this season, so far.

Screw their payment model.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Maidragon's finale was as good as it could possibly have been, locked down its position as winter AOTS by a mile. 2nd place for me is probably gonna be Bang Dream, although its schedule is weird so it still has like 3 or 4 episodes left. GabDro's 3rd, maybe 2nd if Bang Dream just tanks.

I disagree, the finale would have been markedly better if:
After Saikawa gave the flower to Kanna to say "I offer you my everything", Kanna had opened her mouth and bitten Saikawa clean in two, making her typical comments like "A bit tough and stringy".

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Screw their payment model.

I can't figure out what I would actually get access to if I signed up with them. If they can't tell me what I can get, why would I bother even looking?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

someone post the vweem fight gif

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kytrarewn posted:

I disagree, the finale would have been markedly better if:
After Saikawa gave the flower to Kanna to say "I offer you my everything", Kanna had opened her mouth and bitten Saikawa clean in two, making her typical comments like "A bit tough and stringy".

no

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nielsm posted:

technically Sentai is the one negotiating most of the licenses, and just giving Amazon exclusive rights to stream. makes me more wary of then because it gives the feeling they aren't putting in that much work.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I should check what's on Amazon, so far they haven't tried making it a separate sub here yet, though i doubt that will last long.
The worst part is finding anything that isn't the most popular shows on there.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Ugh. And things were starting to look so simple under the Crunchyfuniopoly. What are Amazon's exclusives this season?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Amazon claims that Saekano S2 is an exclusive, for one.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Sakura Quest was pretty good! It seems like it will be a more chilled-out Hanasaku Iroha type show but with adult characters and a few spoonfuls of atmosphere borrowed from Non Non Biyori or Barakamon if that makes any sense.

I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes and getting to know the side characters better, they seem fun.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Well poo poo, I forgot that was a thing happening this season since I couldn't watch it week by week without my soul dying. I was planning to binge it when it finished. Same with MCILAL.

Wow, that's a terrible acronym.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

with all the CR bullshit lately I'm glad somebody is stepping in to make sure there's competition, but it's definitely not ideal that you have to pay two more subscriptions to access that stuff on a platform that had been about as transparent in the past as Funimation.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Kytrarewn posted:

Amazon claims that Saekano S2 is an exclusive, for one.

Amazon gets every noitamina show exclusively so I think that what's happening there.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

dogsicle posted:

with all the CR bullshit lately I'm glad somebody is stepping in to make sure there's competition, but it's definitely not ideal that you have to pay two more subscriptions to access that stuff on a platform that had been about as transparent in the past as Funimation.

Like I said the last time this came up, the big benefit for me is going to be not needing to get a game console to watch anime on your TV. CR used to have support for Roku and a variety of SmartTV OSes, but they've pretty much given up on even trying to stay current with them and just want to deal with PS variants (3, 4, vita) and Xbox. I'm not sure whether CR is available on Nintendo consoles.

The problem is still the very-limited library, though. As much as I like Saekano, it's not worth $5/mo in a vacuum.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm not really familiar with Amazon's full library but it's not as if CR has a particularly big one and if they start losing the seasonal licensing wars like this, there will definitely be reason to consider Amazon. especially for better video quality and a site that's actually stable. CR needs to pull over more Funimation stuff and maybe focus less on having their own convention.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CR's on Wii U which is what I use. Switch has nothing in terms of streaming options yet.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

CR's on Wii U which is what I use. Switch has nothing in terms of streaming options yet.

It'll come eventually I'd imagine given CR's focus on consoles as streaming apparatuses.

Sagrada Reset is nominally interesting so far. It's no Hyouka or Kokoro Connect or anything like that, but it might be passable. It'd help if the main characters weren't generic MC and emotionally dead girl.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Sagrada Reset looks interesting. I hope combining nominally barely useful powers stays a theme. More smug Aoi Yuuki.

Machiavelism: Bullshit nonsense title aside, the action sequences I think were cool and I grinned at most of it.

Alice and Zouroku: Pretty good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Xelkelvos posted:

It'll come eventually I'd imagine given CR's focus on consoles as streaming apparatuses.

Nintendo's said they're focusing on games with the Switch right now. There's not even Netflix on it. They'll probably add the apps later on down the line, but it really seems more Nintendo's call right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

idk how anyone could call the first ep of sagrada interesting. while the basic premise has some promise, it was incredibly dull. most of the actors sounded like they didn't want to be there (with only the short haired girl putting in something that approaches a performance), the art style is bland, the backgrounds are bland, the direction is bland, the conversations are incredibly unnatural and seem like they are performed by robots being commanded to be witty while failing miserable and half the scenes just have the characters stare vacantly into space while they say their lines.

these arent the same scene either, these are all separate scenes where they just kinda stare forward. i was also a big fan of the minutes spend just showing the most generic backgrounds of the most generic town ever. im fairly sure nobody ever blinked either, they just kinda started at the camera forever

• Locked thread