Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if you don't put women in video games, you don't have to deal with poorly written stories about them. think about that geniuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

if you don't put women in video games, you don't have to deal with poorly written stories about them. think about that geniuses.

is this why women like that anime about male figure skaters

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Agreed, Fuuka was a mistake.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

slev posted:

Can I destroy this thread's palace

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Cool I will continue to play this cool and fun game and see if they will develop this awesome and dynamic story in a way that is something cool and not dumb. I will make sure I have evidence of my plat trophy so my opinions are valid. Do I need a notary or will a timestamp be viable.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Endorph posted:

is this why women like that anime about male figure skaters

It's because they like to think about gay sex between men, OP

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saigyouji posted:

So this thread is Mementos?

Without the cat bus.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

hm. ill need more evidence.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

This thread is listening to the Mementos theme on loop at ear shattering volume in a CIA torture cell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the figure skating anime is relevant to this thread because the director of it also directed the op for this game, which explains a lot, about the op for this game

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

Guilty as charged.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I think it's kinda funny how everyone talks about Ann having a "ridiculous body" but she looks the same as every other girl just blonde.

For the record, I think Ann owns and is the best Phantom girl. Would totally date her if not for a) Morgana would probably dump in P5MC's shoes on a daily basis in retaliation, and b) Doctor lady is 100x cooler.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Cool I will continue to play this cool and fun game and see if they will develop this awesome and dynamic story in a way that is something cool and not dumb. I will make sure I have evidence of my plat trophy so my opinions are valid. Do I need a notary or will a timestamp be viable.

you suck

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
None of you even met the yugioh confident yet

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I can romance Way Too Intense Shogi Girl right

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

yeah

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Tae posted:

I'm going to help the student council president find her own justice when I get to play again, I hope I will meet shogi woman soon

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

sexpig by night posted:

Of course

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

sexpig by night posted:

Well, she is best girl and that would be impossible otherwise so

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Super dissappointed Haru, Makoto, Futaba, and Goro didn't do freeway figure skating in the OP

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

DreamShipWrecked posted:

What do we know about Ann at that time other than

1. She is a hot girl
2. She has a friend she is protective of
3. People think she is a slut because the teachers are creepy with her

It all adds up to "hot girls are people too and can be victimized" which as far media tropes go is somewhere on the level of "hey even enemy soldiers have families". That isn't background, it's just a setup.

I get that people don't agree with me, and maybe there will be some crazy turn around in a few more hours, but drat.

Taking the politically charged topic aside you just remind me of the sort of person who goes "Who is that?!" the second a character is introduced in a movie.

I dont know why youre expecting to know so much about her 6 hours into the game. Ryuji too. Give the game a chance to breathe.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Meme Emulator posted:

wtf are vagina bones.

https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/4jbvt0/censorship_vagina_bones_removed_from_tokyo_mirage/

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I tried to play the tokyo mirage sessions, but I couldn't get into it at all, because they didn't translate or subtitle the constant party banter in combat. It really bothered me, and I think it was a terrible and cheap translation decision, even though I'm sure it is a good game otherwise

Well, thanks for hearing out my views

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Tae posted:

keep running that atlus blockade you rebel soul you

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Why would they remove those, theyre like the sexiest part of shorts.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Agean90 posted:

what

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Agean90 posted:

He's cropped out the calendar date to hide his crimes. A true phantom thief

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Meme Emulator posted:

Why would they remove those, theyre like the sexiest part of shorts.

It's actually a graphical error from when they tried to convert metric vagina bones into good ol' U-S-A imperial vagina bones. Probably accidentally set them to like a thousandth of a furlong or something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ohhhh

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Taking photographic evidence of the game past June is illegal in Atlus' eyes

MyLoathsomeCowboy
May 6, 2007
A fictitious force

was hoping this was a rigging thing and we'd entered a frightening new era of jiggle physics

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

MyLoathsomeCowboy posted:

was hoping this was a rigging thing and we'd entered a frightening new era of jiggle physics

Derail: What is 'rigging' because I keep hearing that as the reason why ME:As animations look so bad. Is it like meshing together the mocap data with the models?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Meme Emulator posted:

Taking the politically charged topic aside you just remind me of the sort of person who goes "Who is that?!" the second a character is introduced in a movie.

I dont know why youre expecting to know so much about her 6 hours into the game. Ryuji too. Give the game a chance to breathe.

All I was saying is that playing the rape card in order to make you sympathize with the character is depressingly common and does a disservice to the character. She might get fleshed out later, and that would be cool, and I hope it does.

I am just aggrivated because it seems like we have this conversation every time it happens, where someone goes "this is kind of weird" and a chorus of "psssshhh it's fiiiiiine" comes back. Maybe P5 will redeem itself? Sure, but man it's like a broken record right off the bat.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Sure wish this loving cat would stop telling me what to do, I'm racking up some major DVD late fees here.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

atlas is going full ministry of history over stuff for this game which I find funny as gently caress

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

DreamShipWrecked posted:

All I was saying is that playing the rape card in order to make you sympathize with the character is depressingly common and does a disservice to the character. She might get fleshed out later, and that would be cool, and I hope it does.

I am just aggrivated because it seems like we have this conversation every time it happens, where someone goes "this is kind of weird" and a chorus of "psssshhh it's fiiiiiine" comes back. Maybe P5 will redeem itself? Sure, but man it's like a broken record right off the bat.

Have you played 3 and 4? These games are long, people saying "Psh its fine" know that these long rear end games will get compressed in your memory and seeing the same topic a few too many times really isnt gonna matter that much in the long run.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I spent a few hours after work playing up through 4/15. I'd been avoiding the hype for the game for a long time, but on release day I couldn't help myself and ended up buying digital.

If anyone else is like me and ends up buying it in the future, the initial install ends after your second trip to the velvet room.
I think Atlus shot themselves in the foot with the whole "don't spoil anything past 7/7!" thing. I wouldn't have thought about it before but now that I know it's pretty obvious the interrogation scenes take place there.
Speaking of the interrogation, it's a great framing device, but I'm constantly forgetting it's even a thing until it bursts back in. It's a great framing device, and as I'm writing this I remembered the lawyer said something about a teammate ratting me out and I'm super curious who it might've been.
I've never been to Japan, but the little bit of you transferring trains on your first day of school had me thinking back to navigating the metro in Mexico City. Sent a shiver up my back when it hit me.
I love how oppressive everything feels for the first bit of the game. The entire school staff being a bunch of hardasses, along with the first arc's villain being as big a jackass as he is really paints a different mood from the previous two games.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Apr 5, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

they're playing the rape card because it's an issue in real life that teenagers deal with by the hundreds of thousands every day, you loving maroon

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ayo gently caress the system
the man is ghey
gonna smoke 5 blunts
and post screens of anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I, for one, think gently caress Let's Play