Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Endorph posted:

Yeah, that's what they literally translate to, but it's Byakuya and Anya, proper nouns. Like how a person can be named Byakuya but that wouldn't mean their name is 'White night,' it'd mean that their name is Byakuya and that is the meaning of their name. The translators you're using are spitting out the literal meaning of the kanji used in the names.

While I can see where you're coming from with this, you have to keep in mind how little effort was put into the setting; thus, my assumption is that they just decided to have a "dark" kingdom and a "light" kingdom and didn't really even bother naming them (beyond "call it what it is" levels of laziness, at least), thus making them just the "dark kingdom" and the "light kingdom." By this logic, the Western release would be the first time either faction actually had a proper name. Also: They didn't even name the continent this time, a first for the entire series, which seems to support what I've said.

Keep in mind that literally every previous location in the entire series except for the Western Isles in the Elibe games has a proper name which is NOT "call it what it is," and the Western Isles aren't even a proper kingdom until the epilogue of Binding Blade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Endorph posted:

Yeah, that's what they literally translate to, but it's Byakuya and Anya, proper nouns. Like how a person can be named Byakuya but that wouldn't mean their name is 'White night,' it'd mean that their name is Byakuya and that is the meaning of their name. The translators you're using are spitting out the literal meaning of the kanji used in the names.

Its incredibly heavy handed and clunky is what im saying.
In english the equivalent may be calling them Lumen and Umbra.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Growth rates in Fates are pretty fine across the board. Getting three to five stats per level feels about right.

I'm even doing a generics-only (plus Corrin and Orochi) run in Birthright right now, and it's still very doable. I've almost caught up with the LP, and the stuff a generics-only run forces you to make some strange decisions and change how you approach some maps.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

I was just going through Fort Dragonwhatever in my own file, and I found that...the faceless never stopped spawning. I brought the B-team since they needed levels and supports, and I was able to promote 3 people and gained what must have been 40 levels throughout. Is there an actual limit, or could I have farmed until the cows came home?

Really wish you could get more than one support level at once.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Voting will end soon.

C Support

You know those stars? You got them from me!

You should never take a life if it's not necessary.

B-A

Shut it, twerp.

edit: Vote's over. Kaden's out forever, Kana is also out. Midori and Mozu are keepers because they tied.

Tae fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 5, 2017

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Tae posted:

You know those stars? You got them from me!

Somehow, two annoying characters become significantly more amusing when they're focusing their annoying traits on each other. Also, for AradoBalanga: "more than likely" only counts when what you're talking about isn't stated outright; I didn't say so before because I don't know if the spoiler policy extends to the supports and decided to err on the side of caution.

Tae posted:

You should never take a life if it's not necessary.

Well, you wouldn't really expect Hinoka to say that, would you? The whole "liking flowers" thing would sound stranger if it weren't for certain details of Hinoka's backstory.

Tae posted:

Shut it, twerp.

Something about this support tree just works, in my opinion. Probably why I tend to S-rank them together.

Tae posted:

Vote's over. Kaden's out forever, Kana is also out. Midori and Mozu are keepers because they tied.

Finding it a little weird that a child character's on the "keep" list, all considered. I mean, the excuse for their presence is ridiculously awkward (in fact it may or may not be the most awkward thing in the game), and this forum doesn't seem very forgiving of that.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

CptWedgie posted:

Somehow, two annoying characters become significantly more amusing when they're focusing their annoying traits on each other. Also, for AradoBalanga: "more than likely" only counts when what you're talking about isn't stated outright; I didn't say so before because I don't know if the spoiler policy extends to the supports and decided to err on the side of caution.
No problem, I completely forgot Azama says it in his C support with Mitama. :downs:

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

CptWedgie posted:

Finding it a little weird that a child character's on the "keep" list, all considered. I mean, the excuse for their presence is ridiculously awkward (in fact it may or may not be the most awkward thing in the game), and this forum doesn't seem very forgiving of that.
"The forum" has roughly the same coherence as Twitch Plays Pokemon, and if we were going to keep any of the kids Midori is one of the more entertaining. Besides, it's not like we're going to stop busting on the Deeprealms for being dumb.

Have I mentioned the DeepRealms are dumb. because they dumb

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Have you read the Awakening LP, CaptWedgie? When you leave so much to a vote it gets real random, how many Berserkers did we end up with? And ditch characters immediately after saving them or promoting them?

Also while the Deeprealm kid stuff is real dumb, don't mean we're not gonna use the adorable murder machines.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Crosspeice posted:

Have you read the Awakening LP, CaptWedgie? When you leave so much to a vote it gets real random, how many Berserkers did we end up with? And ditch characters immediately after saving them or promoting them?

loving Vaike got 12 stat boosters and got ditched a map later again, No I Will Never Forget

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
I'm still trying to get Azama canned.

Voting does make things randomly interesting at least.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Mitama and Azama are both very fun characters. Although that dice roll was really unkind to Mitama. Setsuna really doesn't help her kid out much from a growths perspective.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Tae posted:

loving Vaike got 12 stat boosters and got ditched a map later again, No I Will Never Forget

didn't he get like three completely empty levels (with 112% hp growth no less) on that one map?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CptWedgie posted:

While I can see where you're coming from with this, you have to keep in mind how little effort was put into the setting; thus, my assumption is that they just decided to have a "dark" kingdom and a "light" kingdom and didn't really even bother naming them (beyond "call it what it is" levels of laziness, at least), thus making them just the "dark kingdom" and the "light kingdom." By this logic, the Western release would be the first time either faction actually had a proper name.

I mean 'nohr' is just a word for 'black' with a letter filed off and 'hoshi' is japanese for 'star' so the localizers still didn't try very hard.

and again, they had proper names. anya and byakuya. those names are incredibly lazy, but they aren't somehow not names.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Kana, Kaden are out. The latter out forever. Goodbye, weirdly tanky myrmidon mage/cav killer...?

The Dragon Veins here just mass heal anyone in the area, which is suicide because why would you gather in the middle where all the enemies can use turrets?

Hinoka starts taking out the magic turret users at the bottom, gaining a free Bloom Festival. I'm not sure why Maids are part of a bandit group but...Nohrians.

The center gets eliminated as well quite easily since it's a bunch of unpromoted units.

Kaze picks up a Dragon Spirit.

Corrin becomes the "wall" for the left side, and takes his time to take out a dangerous Tomohawk zerker in the process. His journey to become the most average character continues.

Scarlet gets a crit off her team attack and gains a nice level for her persistence.

Silas just does one thing: SMASH

Reinforcement Maids show up at the bottom. This will be a recurring thing because of course rout maps have to be really annoying.

I unconscionably put all my best fighters on the left side and Silas with like a small group again. Whoops.

Takumi getting 5k gold on his kill reminds me I haven't spent money for a looong while. I should probably buy more practice katanas or something.

Midori and Kaze are pretty much staying at the bottom side of the map for the rest of the mission.

Silas picks up a Dracoshield for his efforts.

Oh no, the enemy can use those ballista on us!

oh wait, it's literally useless on anyone that isn't a flier.

Mozu gets 3k gold off that Outlaw. Must've had a robbery right before messing with us.

Kagero gets a Silver Shuriken off her Maid kill.

Mitama has lost about 40 HP, but you'll never know because of Renewal. Sneaky good decoy unit because enemies love attacking archers.

Takumi doubling is the death of all. Venge Club is dropped from that zerker.

Enemy paired-up enemies show up for the final wave. Been a while since I've seen them.

One minute later, yeah I might be a bit overleveled because kid Paralogues are waaaay stronger than story at this point.

Sakura absolutely obliterates the zerker, then Mozu chips in damage to gain a new level.

Mozu has strangely been a little absent on strength, which is more noticable considering her weapon choices are Guard Naginata and a bunch of bronze stuff.

And people were so adamant on making Mozu an archer, when the game gives you so many secondary archers despite benching Setsuna and Reina super early.

Tiny baby resistance.

PSkill: Highwayman-When user triggers the battle, if the enemy cannot counter-attack, enemy’s Strength and Speed -3 after the battle (stats recover by 1 each Turn)

So lesse. Shura has an excellent PSkill that's basically a ninja skill, except it combines well with a Spy Yumi so he can go beyond safe for debuffing purposes.

But for boss purposes, he's easy smack fodder.

If only you'd given me that lovely sword...we could have avoided all this.

Oh, you mean this sword?

You guys...aren't mere travelers...are you?

Of course, here comes the awkward part of Rout maps where you beat the named boss but still have to clean up the grunts.

Luckily, Hinoka is an expert at dealing with awkward situations

Someone tie him up! the fewer people who know we're here, the better.

If no one noticed you during that huge battle with ballista and magic turrets you're pretty safe by now

Geez, just kill me if you're going to kill me!
Hold on, Ryoma. I want to speak with this man. As a thief, he may know something about the secret passageway into the castle...
Hmm? What passageway?
It's something I've always remembered about the day I was kidnapped from Nohr...

Is that so?
It must have been made long ago for the purpose of infiltrating the castle unseen. I'm certain that King Garon and the Nohrian royals know nothing about it. If the tunnel is still there, it would benefit us greatly to make use of it. Do you know anything about this, thief?
Heh. I know a lot of stuff.
In that case, you must tell us. It is imperative that we reach the castle!
Or what—you'll kill me? Go ahead.

drat! An actual smart enemy!

Well...you just need to grease the wheels, kiddo.
What is it that you desire?
Ah, now we're talking! Money. And lots of it.
Very well. Money is no object for us. If your motivations are so base and pathetic, we can bury you in coin. On my honor as High Prince of Hoshido, you shall be paid at the first opportunity.

That's right. I'm Ryoma, heir to the throne of Hoshido. I shall ascend the throne as soon as this war ends. At that time I will grant you as much money as your pathetic mind can comprehend.
Um, Ryoma? You sure you want to reveal your true identity to this guy? Not to mention promising him unlimited money...

Takumi wants his pension intact

He has information that could help save us invaluable time. We have no choice. Although, I suppose we haven't yet tried interrogation...

Excuse me?
The name's Shura. My family once served yours. I am a ninja of Kohga...a land that exists only in memory now.

That explains the PSkill.

Kohga! That's a name I haven't heard for many, many years.
Hey, Takumi. Do you know what they're talking about? I've never heard of Kohga before.
Yeah, Kohga was a small kingdom that bordered Mokushu. The place was known for its ninja dojos...until Mokushu burned it to the ground. Now that territory belongs to Mokushu and nothing remains of Kohga.
That's terrible...

Yo, gently caress Mokushu. For many, many reasons.

I was a child... Chased from my homeland and separated from the other survivors. Even as a refugee, I was denied entry to Hoshido. So I wound up in Nohr.

Wait, why would you still be loyal to Hoshido then

I was exiled and alone. My only choice was to steal or die. You can guess what I chose. I've been here ever since, searching for others like me and trying to stay afloat...
I'm sorry for your troubles and that you weren't able to find safe haven in Hoshido. When this war is over, I will do all I can to help your people reclaim your homeland.
There's just one condition. Join us! Join us and fight to make our world a better place!

YEAH MORE BOW USERS, CAN'T GET ENOUGH

Anyone who would help my people claim what was taken from us has my support.
Excellent. Now, I believe Azura mentioned something about a secret passageway...
Of course. The tunnel.
Thank you for your help, Shura. I apologize for threatening you earlier.
Don't worry about it. I had it coming.
Well, I'm glad to have you on our side from now on. With your help, we just might gain the advantage we need to defeat King Garon.

*Azura leaves*

She was much younger back then. She seems to have grown up strong. That's...a relief. Still, I had no idea I'd ever see her face again...)
Ehem! Are you folks ready to get moving?
We've kicked up enough dust that I'm sure some soldiers will be poking around soon. I'll lead you to the capital's underground. From there, we'll enter the secret tunnel.
You're in for a wild ride, heh.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So yes, the secret is out of the bag. Shura was the guy who kidnapped Azura from Nohr way back when. Because doing the exact same criminal act as the kingdom you've decried as being corrupt and evil is totally how you prove to the world that you are the good guys, right?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Crosspeice posted:

Also while the Deeprealm kid stuff is real dumb, don't mean we're not gonna use the adorable murder machines.

No, I have not; in fact, I wasn't even aware there WAS an Awakening LP. Meh, whatever, I've seen pretty much everything it has to offer anyway.

Endorph posted:

I mean 'nohr' is just a word for 'black' with a letter filed off and 'hoshi' is japanese for 'star' so the localizers still didn't try very hard.

and again, they had proper names. anya and byakuya. those names are incredibly lazy, but they aren't somehow not names.

The localized names are still more effort than what they were called in Japanese; insisting on calling them "Anya" and "Byakuya" is on the border between "acceptable assertion of names" and "rabid Japanese purist," though I'll admit that which side of the border it falls into depends on the individual reading it (obviously, I find it more on the "rabid purism" side).

Honestly, considering this forum, that's probably the best you're getting out of me; we've both made our opinions more than clear, so let's just drop it now and stop derailing the LP, okay?

slink_bot
Aug 1, 2016
Ah, Shura. Probably one of my favourite characters in Fates, by virtue of having a personality that isn't just gimmick + a random trait only mentioned in one support, and not being a complete idiot. Being one of my favourite classes doesn't hurt either. Shame he's a Corrinsexual, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CptWedgie posted:

The localized names are still more effort than what they were called in Japanese; insisting on calling them "Anya" and "Byakuya" is on the border between "acceptable assertion of names" and "rabid Japanese purist," though I'll admit that which side of the border it falls into depends on the individual reading it (obviously, I find it more on the "rabid purism" side).

Honestly, considering this forum, that's probably the best you're getting out of me; we've both made our opinions more than clear, so let's just drop it now and stop derailing the LP, okay?
Uh, the localized names are better. I was literally just correcting your japanese, not saying that the JP names are pure and should not be touched.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

About Corrin's wife's supports with Kana: are they the same for all wives? I know I've seen that C convo on a completely different character in a completely different route.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

All mothers have mostly the same, a reverse of awakening in which most males had the same.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Shura's Personal Skill + Setsuna's Yumi + Enfeeble + Seal Whatever + NINJAS = I can't actually remember if it all stacks but gently caress it I'll do it anyway

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well, hello. What do we have here?

What...what is this place?
Heh. I told you. This is the REAL Nohr. The royals don't even know about this place. It's how the ordinary people around here get by.
It's so...lively! There are so many shops and people. This is more like what I imagine when I think of a capital city.
Yeah, this is the true heart of Nohr. It's a place free from the prying eyes of the king's spies and soldiers. Here you can see a real glimpse of what it means to be a Nohrian! Only rich foreigners and idiots venture out into the streets above, heh.
I see.

Somehow the sewers of Nohr are better than being outside. Checks out.

This is encouraging. I do see some poverty, but aside from a few differences, this could be Hoshido. I'd like to think our kingdoms have more in common than we thought. Maybe...not all Nohrians are...hmm.
It makes me so happy to hear you say that, Ryoma. Maybe one day...our two kingdoms will coexist peacefully.

Go away, Aerithsth

Not today, girlie. Bug off.
Hey, that's mean! The least you could do is take a look! See? I have all different kinds! They're all so pretty and— *GASP*
What's wrong? What's going on?

Guess who's back

Corrin!
Elise?!
Is it really you? What are you doing here?
Elise...I could ask you the same question! You're a princess! What are you doing selling flowers in the market?
I...I can't talk about it here. I've got a place just around the corner. Come with me and we'll talk!
You've got a...place? This really is some kind of alternate world!
Heehee! Don't worry—not all that much has changed. I'm just so happy to see you again! Father doesn't know I'm here, so you don't need to worry.
Follow me!

*The group gather at a room*

You're so handsome!
Oh, um, thank you.
Corrin, this is my nanny, Cassita. She lives down here. I...I've been spending a lot of time with her since you left.
She gets so lonely. Why don't you come home and visit more often, young man?
Cassita! Please, that's embarrassing. Would you mind making some tea for everyone?
I'm sorry, dear. Yes, of course. Be right back...*leaves*

You want to know why I'm here, don't you? *sigh* Well, the castle just doesn't feel like home anymore.
What do you mean?
A lot has changed since you left, and since the war started. Us siblings, well... We were all so upset over losing you, we could hardly look at each other anymore... Now Xander's always gone, Leo's left, and Camilla barely speaks. It's like the heart's been ripped from the castle. I get so lonely there.

I'm so sorry, Elise. But why are you selling flowers? Surely you don't need the money...
Oh, that's just to help out Cassita a little bit.
I collect the flowers at the castle and bring them here to sell. It takes my mind off the whole situation, and I give the money to Cassita. Flowers make people happy! If I can't be happy, at least I can make others happy.

Well, don't tell my wife about that. She doesn't like it when you take flowers away like that.
Your...who?
Hello, I'm your new sister.
Um, isn't that also your sist-
HI I'M PAPA'S GIRL
...Brother, what did you do
You're an aunt!

When I saw you in Cyrkensia, you looked so worried...
Yes, well...I was with Father...
He's been acting so strangely...
Oh? Why do you say that?
He's been...scarier than usual. If someone crosses him, he kills them like it's nothing. He even...killed Zola. Right in front of me.

We were there, Elise. That was like a month ago. Or was it? How much time has passed?

I think even Xander is beginning to question him. Xander said father is like a different person from the one he knew growing up.
A different person... Xander said that?

That must've been when Xander was like...5 years old cause he was still pretty murder happy back then.

Yep. He said Father wasn't nearly as scary when he was younger. He said Father wasn't cruel back then. That he loved showing his strength... But he had dignity and charm and didn't care for conquering other kingdoms. He told me that things started getting bad when Queen Arete died.

I've only heard Xander talk about his mother, Queen Katerina.
Oh, my! Now THOSE names bring back some memories. Queen Arete! And Queen Katerina, too. I haven't thought of her in ages! Such lovely ladies!
Cassita! Were you listening to our whole conversation? Yeesh!
I'm sorry, honey, but your tea has been ready for ages! I couldn't help but overhear a few little words here and there...
It's all right, ma'am. I'm curious, though. Did you know Queen Arete or Queen Katerina?
Oh, yes. I worked for both of them for a time. Both fine ladies, just fine!

Said he'd never marry again!
Hah! That changed the minute he met Lady Arete. She had such an amazing voice. Her singing would fill the castle. And she was so beautiful! She looked an awful lot like your friend there, actually. You know—the one with the blue hair!
Well, that makes sense. Azura was born in Nohr. She's probably King Garon's daughter with Queen Arete.
WHAT?! I have another sister I didn't even know about?
Oh, um... I...
Azura?

Let's take it to the next level with some cookies, shall we?
I'm sorry, but we really must be going.
Thank you very much for the tea and your hospitality.
Oh, that's too bad. I wish you could stay longer.

Big sister! I'm so glad I met you!
Yes... It was nice meeting you as well.
Hmm...

Unit Joined

Shura

Class sets: Starts as Outlaw, Ninja, Fighter
PSkill: Highwayman-When user triggers the battle, if the enemy cannot counter-attack, enemy’s Strength and Speed -3 after the battle (stats recover by 1 each Turn)

Growth Rates
HP: 30
STR: 30
MAG: 25
SKL: 25
SPD: 55
LCK: 30
DEF: 15
RES: 55

Shura is an old school pre-promote, bringing along decent bases with bad growths but comes with a Spy Yumi that he can use. He's yet another bow user, but he has nice utility with his PSkill and could become more of a nuisance if you switch him over to Ninja for a couple levels for Poison Strike before reverting back.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Tae posted:

Your...who?
Hello, I'm your new sister.
Um, isn't that also your sist-
HI I'M PAPA'S GIRL
...Brother, what did you do

Uh, her.
Yo.
:sigh:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Elise, as inexplicably young-looking as you are, please be the sane one and stay with us.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Elise is still the best character across all the games

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Fates has a lot of stupid plot points, but the idea that the royalty and their large spy network don't know anything about a thriving city right under their feet (and which is connected to the loving castle!) ranks up there as one of the dumbest.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Fates has a lot of stupid plot points, but the idea that the royalty and their large spy network don't know anything about a thriving city right under their feet (and which is connected to the loving castle!) ranks up there as one of the dumbest.

Honestly given that a least two members of the Royal family in fact do know about it I am guess it's more of a they pretended that they don't know about it but actually do.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Shura - Like Tae said, he starts out with pretty good stats, but doesn't grow well at ALL. I, personally, like permanently reclassing him to Master Ninja, partly because of his backstory and partly because ninja. As a character, well... he's there, I guess? I think the devs kinda missed an opportunity by not letting him support with Azura (after all, they obviously have some history together, and what that history is is probably also obvious).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I rolled for the last time, which was a 3. Takumi is married to Hana, which is probably the most appropriate hair-wise.

Congrats on Oboro, Mozu, etc on avoiding the Deep realm shithole.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
I would say it's a shame that the two best mothers get passed up but ya know good for them

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tae posted:

I rolled for the last time, which was a 3. Takumi is married to Hana, which is probably the most appropriate hair-wise.

Congrats on Oboro, Mozu, etc on avoiding the Deep realm shithole.

So no kids from the permabenched units until the Revelations run?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Elise is basically the best character in the entire game, or at least the best sibling.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

B Support

Hai ya! Ayah!! Dyaaaaa!!
What the—? Lord Takumi!
What?
What do you mean "What?" You're standing directly behind me while I train, not saying a word!
I'm sorry. I didn't want to disturb you. I'll be on my way.
Hey, wait a minute! I have something to ask you!
What is it?
Why did you suddenly stop training with me? You didn't tell me last time we talked, and I feel like there's something bothering you.
You need not worry about it.
I want to know! I feel like I slighted you somehow, but I can't think of anything!
How can you say that? Do you truly not realize what you did?
I swear I have no idea what you mean. What happened?
I remember it as clearly as though it had happened yesterday...
Back when we were still training together, Sakura stopped by. Without any prompting, you proposed the idea of dueling with practice swords...
Uh-huh...
It was right after you had become Sakura's retainer, so you were really full of gusto. You probably wanted to prove your fighting ability in front of her.
But you didn't hold anything back and beat the living daylights out of me.
Oh.
You see, I wasn't prepared for an actual confrontation. Not because I didn't think you were able; you'd proven yourself as a retainer. But I didn't want to beat up my little sister's friend in front of her. So as soon as you slipped past my relaxed guard, you began beating me in the head.
...Over and over and over.
Haha, oh no. Did I actually do that?
*sigh...* You really don't remember.
Anyway, that's why I decided to stop training with you.
Lord Takumi, I'm very, very sorry...
It's fine. We were both kids. I'd best be on my way. *Leaves*
Urgh... I had no idea...

A Support

Lord Takumi!
Lord Takumi! Lord Takumi! Excuse me, Lord Takumi! Can't you hear me?
Yes, I can.
Then why didn't you answer me?
I was pretending not to hear you because I'm busy. I was hoping you would pick up on that.
Hee hee. You've known me long enough to know that isn't the kind of thing I notice.
*sigh...* You're right.
So, what is it?
I'd like to take responsibility for what I did.
...What do you mean?
I fully accept that I was wrong to beat you up so badly before!
To make it up to you, I will help protect you from now on!
I don't think it really matters now. It isn't something that bothers me anymore. I only even told you about it when we talked before because you kept asking.
But it bothers me! And you're Lady Sakura's big brother... I should be protecting you, not beating you up... As a retainer, my behavior was completely unacceptable. I must restore my honor!
I guess that's fair, but...
As an apology for what I did, please let me defend you! Is that...OK?
... Hana.
Yes?
I'll consider us sparring again.
What?! Why? Didn't you say you had a bad experience? I mean, I beat you to a pulp last time...
That won't happen again. I've become much better with the sword. You might be the one getting beat up.
Lord Takumi...could it be that you are seeking revenge against me?
That's not what this is about in the least. You want to protect me, but I'm fine. I have several retainers who are capable of that task. I'd prefer you used all your strength for yourself and my sister.
I don't understand...
I understand your dedication to her. The incident we've been talking about—it was all for Sakura, after all, wasn't it? I could feel your passion in the blows you—repeatedly—landed.
Sorry...
Anyway, you don't need to make up for it. Doing so would just make me feel awkward. ...But I appreciate the sentiment. I mean, that you want to protect me.
Lord Takumi...
Well, keep up the good work protecting Sakura, OK? *leaves*
I will! I think that was the first time I've seen him smile in a long time.
He asked me to keep up the good work, so I must protect Sakura better than ever!

S Support

Lord Takumi! I'm pleased to report that I successfully defended Sakura today!
...Hana.
Yes, what is it?
I have every confidence in your abilities. You don't have to report to me each day that you protected Sakura.
That actually makes me kind of sad. My reports have given us the chance to chat and get to know one another. You want to take that happiness away from me?
I thought... Didn't we know each other well before?
Yes, but you didn't seem overly fond of me.
That's not necessarily true.
You were really cold to me! Up until very recently, you've been so reserved. Every time you'd see me, you'd get this strange look on your face. Then you'd immediately—and quickly—head in the opposite direction.
I was worried you'd beat me up again. It was out of self-preservation!
What? That's just hurtful!
I apologize... But, if you thought that I didn't like you, why would you keep coming back to me?
Well obviously you can't be sure you like someone without spending time with them!
Well obviou— Wait, what?
Er...
See?! There is no way I could have done that if I'd stayed away. Although I thought I'd be able to say it in a more dignified way...
Was I not supposed to hear that, then?
Of course you were! For better or worse— you can't just unhear it now. Sheesh, how are you keeping so calm while I'm pouring my heart out to you?!
That's probably because I enjoy teasing women I like.
Oh, sure...
Hang on, do you mean...
That I like you too? Yes, that's exactly what I mean.
Whaaat?! But why?
Do I need a reason? I mean, you don't have a good reason to like me, do you?
Of course I do!
Really? What is it?
Well, I was curious about your coldness toward me, and I wanted to understand... And as I spent more and more time around you, I realized I liked what I was learning. And that I liked you.
That seems like something straight out of a fantasy story.
Ugh...I guess so.
But I really do love you! And I want to spend more time with you. Especially if I can just be honest without having to make up reasons to do that.
Haha, that seems reasonable.
No need to spend your time reporting to me, then. Instead, why don't we spend more time actually talking about things. Like our future, for example.
Our future?
We'll need to decide what we're going to do together!
Lord Takumi... I'm so happy, I could die!
Er, don't die just yet.
Yes, sir! I mean, yes, my love!

Tae fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 7, 2017

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

^^^^^^^^

Say what you want about the archetype, but Elise has a real good face for reacting to a lot of these plot developments/supports.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Rangpur posted:

^^^^^^^^

Say what you want about the archetype, but Elise has a real good face for reacting to a lot of these plot developments/supports.

Elise is ok considering the last update and that face. She's also incredibly likely to actually join us and make our party even more bipartisan. More royals!

Except clearly the game doesn't want that which means she's also incredibly likely to be mind controlled into our next boss :downs:

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
...Takumi and Hana really do not go together well, in my opinion. And I mean that in comparison to this game's generally poor-quality supports. I mean, I feel like this might almost qualify as Stockholm Syndrome.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's basically no rhyme or reason if a mission is in a Deeprealm or not, because apparently portals just appear willy-nilly and anybody can get in or out.

Every single one of these drat paralogues bring new questions. Are Deeprealm worlds or just some weird sphere of one village???

I know I can't expect Kiragi to stay in his village all the time. But I thought at least he'd be out here, hunting or fishing. Somewhere.
Big Brother! Come quick! Those creepy soldiers have followed us here.
Which ones? The really creepy soldiers?!
Ugh. Of all the times... Kiragi might be here too!
What shall we do? They're coming towards us!
Come on! We go to THEM!

*Meanwhile*

And then this bear - couldn't have been an easier target! Wish I'd bagged him a little closer to town. Too big to lug outta here. Too big to roll home too. Hmm. Gotta be some way...
Er, hold on. What's that? Something lumbering around the forest... HELLO? Hmm, nothing. Eh, no way that's a person anyway. Too freaky. Whatever it is, it'll make a great trophy for my wall!
All right. Fly straight and true, little arrow buddy. Ready, aim... FIRE!

*The arrow struck something*

Uh, whoa. Hang on.

Uh-oh. Oopsies. Sorry 'bout that. But you really shoulda answered back. Looks like you brought friends too. Not very chatty, are ya? And call me crazy, but I'd swear you're all surrounding me. Yeah?
No biggie. I've got the bow my dad gave me. Let's call this target practice!

I mean, technically Kiragi has the advantage

*Takumi and Sakura arrives*

HANG ON, KIRAGI! DAD'S ON THE WAY!

The gimmick of this mission is that every single enemy is a flier. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Pick 4 characters, because the deployment slots are small for this mission: http://www.strawpoll.me/12692806

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think the Deeprealms could have worked in the plot if there was a rewrite in the way they functioned, but as they are they're terrible

Kiragi's a cool kid though, hard to believe that Takumi's his dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Instead of King Garon trying to take over the continent, he wants to take over the whole Deeprealmverse! And then something something dark dragon resurrection.

• Locked thread