Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The debuting guy and the "dude in the crowd" from last years Mania Takeover were in the main event this year, so a safe bet would be McIntyre/Black for Takeover:New Orleans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/849069710100574208

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Drew Mac gonna take that UK Belt off of Bate

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm 100% down with Drew being the same to the UK division as Neville is to the cruisers.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

The debuting guy and the "dude in the crowd" from last years Mania Takeover were in the main event this year, so a safe bet would be McIntyre/Black for Takeover:New Orleans.

Ouch, demoted from Vince McMahon's chosen one to Some Guy In NXT. What a pity.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

going from comedy wrestler in a comedy stable on main roster to NXT champion would be a step up imo but then again I think most of the main roster booking is godawful

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Venomous posted:

Ouch, demoted from Vince McMahon's chosen one to Some Guy In NXT. What a pity.

Four "Some Guy(s) In NXT" main evented Raw last night. It's a better path to success on the main roster (though not foolproof, as Zayn and Bo Dallas prove) than any other way they try.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WrestlingInc falsely reported she left NXT https://twitter.com/CrazyMaryDobson/status/849272799596355586

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

That's what they call in politics a non-denial denial.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Does anybody know what the ticket prices usually are for NXT Takeover events? Significantly cheaper than WWE PPVs?

I see the AMEX Presale starts tomorrow for NXT Chicago.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Upper deck tickets to Takeover Brooklyn II were about $60 each when they went up, iirc. But the scalper market bottomed out even with a solid card and you could get tickets day of for close to face value. There was a lot of scaremongering over low demand at Toronto as well.

How was the scalper situation for Orlando? I'd imagine it could have been distorted due to the worldwide smark influx. But it's hard not to imagine a Takeover overperforming at the All State Arena.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just got my tickets to Takeover Chicago!

Tickets are cheap compared to Backlash the next night, I want to say half the price. $35-$55 for lower bowl, $70 for floor seating that was in the back (kind of lovely IMO). $95 for the bottom of the lower bowl that is directly at ring level and camera side. I didn't see any ringside tickets, but it was the AMEX presale.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Wouldn't be surprised if we get some of the UK guys on the tapings tonight as they seem to still be in Orlando. TK Cooper posted a picture of Jimmy Havoc on the beach...

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if we get some of the UK guys on the tapings tonight as they seem to still be in Orlando. TK Cooper posted a picture of Jimmy Havoc on the beach...

They are backstage. With Deonna and Britt Baker.

Mike Bennett, Maria and Adam Cole are debut possibilities.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

They are backstage. With Deonna and Britt Baker.

Mike Bennett, Maria and Adam Cole are debut possibilities.

Don't have any interest in Bennett as a singles performer. Pairing him and Maria with a talent could work well.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bennett is WWE's wet dream, wife aside.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Zero charisma?

And they've had multiple opportunities to sign him in the past and showed no interest.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

No he's not?

He's got no charisma, an okay but unremarkable look, zero star power, middle of the road size, and :geno: ring ability.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No he's not?

He's got no charisma, an okay but unremarkable look, zero star power, middle of the road size, and :geno: ring ability.

I agree Roman Reigns is bad.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Mike Bennett has a lot of charisma and is very funny

e: also he's handsome

double edit: I'm mike bennett

Bard Maddox fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 5, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Zero charisma?

And they've had multiple opportunities to sign him in the past and showed no interest.

He's nowhere near as lovely as people here think he is.

He's got a good body, he's a handsome, white, American dude. He can talk. He's basically worked WWE style for years.

And I'm fairly sure the only reason he isn't there already is they didn't want Maria too. For a while there a few years ago, they wanted the dude bad.

He is exactly the kind of Individual WWE salivates over. That's not me saying I think he's exceptional. It's more a comment on their stupid tastes than anything else.

I do like the guy and think he gets an unfair rap though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought Maria was leaving wrestling to go back to school?

Also Mike Bennett loving sucks.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Benne posted:

I thought Maria was leaving wrestling to go back to school?

Also Mike Bennett loving sucks.

She is going to school!

...in Full Sail :getin:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Jesus loving christ, I know I'm late but I finally watched the #DIY vs Revival vs AoP match, it was stupendous :stare:

I actually think the whole thing was perfect. After #DIY got eliminated, I felt like the Authors of Pain were feeding off of my life force to become stronger. All the joy I felt in the first half faded into painful depression watching the Revival get taken apart.

I figure the Revival have moved on to raw, Gargano has injuries, and Ciampa becomes a cruiser weight or takes the singles belt, so do AoP have to start a new feud tonight?

Edit: has Ember Moon ever faced Nia Jax?

Billzasilver fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 5, 2017

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
So, wait, isn't Ciampa the one that was hurt? Who is hurt? Who is well?

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Bennett worked best 4/5 years ago in ROH when he looked so much like the generic Velocity WWE developed guy. It's not as great now when they've at least adjusted their development standards.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
Why does WWE need the boring, bland WWE archetype from the indies when they already have Tino Sabatelli

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

And I'm fairly sure the only reason he isn't there already is they didn't want Maria too. For a while there a few years ago, they wanted the dude bad.

Maria's been looking to get out of the business for years. Only reason she still does it is to help Mike. If they offered him a job without her she'd be the first to tell him to take it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

I agree Roman Reigns is bad.

Roman at least stands out and is The Rock's cousin. Bennett is everything wrong with Roman plus a generic white guy. And smaller.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Billzasilver posted:

Edit: has Ember Moon ever faced Nia Jax?

Nope.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Mike Bennett would be like the third best guy in NXT

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just turned on the Network for NXT and saw a Vaudevillians piece :rip:

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

Mike Bennett would be like the third best guy in NXT

nah

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

That new heavy machinery finisher is much better imho.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dude in a Shinsuke shirt singing along to Glorious :allears:

Edit: Lorcan's opponent ain't fooling me, Sami Zayn is trying to sneak back into NXT!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 6, 2017

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Okay, fair enough, that's a good way to salvage Samson.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I want to walk with El Vagabondo

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
He switched from Epiphone to Fender. Incredible touch.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I wish when the crowd chanted,"Si!" that El Vagabundo has replied"....I... I don't know what that means.... :ohdear:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

....uhhh, the Drifter got booted out of NXT, this guy can't be him! :rolleyes:

• Locked thread