Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Using the hinge stickers s the screen protector brings to line it up before applying was key. I'm an aidiot that youtubes every single thing before I do it and this video walks you through it pretty easily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUwxr998kLg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Policenaut posted:

It's not NBA Jam, but maybe you'll like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3a_s0EIYsc

$20, next month on PC/PS4/Switch/Xbox One.

I can't wait to play this. Lol at Gasol getting a dunk and ending it with a Dirk layup.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guy A. Person posted:

I certainly don't begrudge anyone else for liking it but it reminds me of late 90's/early 00's Newgrounds "dead baby" joke art and I have a hard time getting past that.

The guy that made Isaac is pretty much behind all of that. I grew up in the same town as him and dead baby jokes were all the rage there in the late 90s/early 00s for some reason.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Policenaut posted:

It's not NBA Jam, but maybe you'll like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3a_s0EIYsc

$20, next month on PC/PS4/Switch/Xbox One.

EA just leaving money on the table here. They could microtransaction the poo poo out of an NBA Street 4.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Guy A. Person posted:

I certainly don't begrudge anyone else for liking it but it reminds me of late 90's/early 00's Newgrounds "dead baby" joke art and I have a hard time getting past that. I'm sure the gameplay is good though, I really liked Super Meat Boy.

Pretty sure the old flash version of Isaac has a demo on Newground. So your exactly right, but at the same time the game is fun to play when it not one of the really unfun challenges like SPEED.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

EA just leaving money on the table here. They could microtransaction the poo poo out of an NBA Street 4.

They could also just release a newer NBA Jam On Fire Edition with updated rosters and it would sell. I don't understand EA and arcade sports titles. When On Fire Edition came out, they basically sent it to die instead of put out ads for it during NBA games.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Spacebump posted:

They could also just release a newer NBA Jam On Fire Edition with updated rosters and it would sell. I don't understand EA and arcade sports titles. When On Fire Edition came out, they basically sent it to die instead of put out ads for it during NBA games.

NBA Jam 2017 edition. now with playable Trump and Putin!

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Ryoga posted:

NBA Jam 2017 edition. now with playable Trump and Putin!

There's a SNES romhack for that. It's pretty well done.

e: That being said, I want a new NBA Street more than anything. I loved NBA Jam as a kid, but Street was just so loving good. I miss it a lot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ddogflex posted:

There's a SNES romhack for that. It's pretty well done.

e: That being said, I want a new NBA Street more than anything. I loved NBA Jam as a kid, but Street was just so loving good. I miss it a lot.

Don't say ROM, people in this thread get real mad.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Let's get back to being mad about Amiibo.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo Switch Thread: pROMpt ROM pogROMs

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Check out my sweet amiibo romhack

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
A thread of criminals.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mega64 posted:

Let's get back to being mad about Amiibo.

*throws switch across the room*

gently caress YOUR AMIIBO

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I can't decide where I stand on G.E.M.

on the one hand, it looks cute... and potentially fun.

But unless there is some hook or gimmick I am missing, it seems like a mix of Pixeljunk Shooter (but simpler) and something you might get on iPad or whatever...

Anyone know more?

Also really wanna know when I can ARM MY ARMS.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

eonwe posted:

*throws switch across the room*

gently caress YOUR AMIIBO

*small bit of centrifugal force warps shape of switch into a boomerang and it donks ya good&

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Spellman posted:

*small bit of centrifugal force warps shape of switch into a boomerang and it donks ya good&

mine hasn't warped into a boomerang stop exaggerating :rolleye:

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Using the hinge stickers s the screen protector brings to line it up before applying was key. I'm an aidiot that youtubes every single thing before I do it and this video walks you through it pretty easily

So the secret to avoiding bubbles under the glass is screw it who cares just massage them out for a few hours after

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
The key to no bubbles is to not use a screen protector.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

did someone say ROM!?

*puts on pirate hat*

ARRRRRRRROM

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Takoluka posted:

did someone say ROM!?

*puts on pirate hat*

ARRRRRRRROM

Please... I can't take anymore of this crime chat!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Please... I can't take anymore of this crime chat!

Would you like some more disabled people to make fun of?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cojawfee posted:

Would you like some more disabled people to make fun of?

nice!

Also I can't wait to buy a Mario Maker port/sequel. That game looked like a fun way to waste small amounts of time.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

You could kill a few minutes playing random stages from internet people, or you could easily kill an hour making a stage. Mario Maker rules

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

My left joy con briefly desynched when my laptop got between my Switch and control. Does this mean I have one that needs to be sent in?

I remember people claiming the problem was fixed before I got my Switch last week but seems not to be the case.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

acksplode posted:

You could kill a few minutes playing random stages from internet people, or you could easily kill an hour making a stage. Mario Maker rules

Just adding slopes alone would make a sequel pretty much perfect imo. Of course I'd love to see more enemies and elements added. An original new game palette would be cool too

Oh and creators being able to organize their levels into worlds would own also.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

As someone who missed mario maker, having a mario maker deluxe on the Switch would be loving amazeballs.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Spacebump posted:

My left joy con briefly desynched when my laptop got between my Switch and control. Does this mean I have one that needs to be sent in?

I remember people claiming the problem was fixed before I got my Switch last week but seems not to be the case.

Mine is still a piece of poo poo, some days are better than others but it regularly desynchs.

I am going to turn it in when I'm done with Zelda because lol if I'm going to be without my Nintendo for any amount of time

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

As someone who missed mario maker, having a mario maker deluxe on the Switch would be loving amazeballs.

This me right here.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Should I buy snake pass

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i own mario maker and a version on twitch would still own

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wouldn't even mind creating a level with a controller at all, it would be easy to get the exact grid placement you want.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Drunk Tomato posted:

Mine is still a piece of poo poo, some days are better than others but it regularly desynchs.

I am going to turn it in when I'm done with Zelda because lol if I'm going to be without my Nintendo for any amount of time

Get a pro controller and send your joycon in.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Posting about fiiilez is haROM.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Cojawfee posted:

Get a pro controller and send your joycon in.

Buy Zelda amiibos and pretend to play while your joycons are gone

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The fact that lego city runs at sub 10 god at times makes me realize we'll never get a port of gta 4 or 5 :(

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Empress Brosephine posted:

The fact that lego city runs at sub 10 god at times makes me realize we'll never get a port of gta 4 or 5 :(

Lego City took like actual minutes to load scenes, but somehow the Wii U handled the Zelda and Xenoblade games. Don't base performance on Lego City.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Because of the Switch, I bought more games for my Wii U and 3ds, will buy a Switch shortly, bought $90 worth of amiibo for Zelda, and will probably buy a retro pie for Roms. I guess that makes me a good consumer and a pirrrraatteee?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Empress Brosephine posted:

Zelda... c'mon now think before you post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ya i think this is WB Games phoning in a port more than anything

• Locked thread