Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011

hamsystem posted:

Y'shtola also has innate auto-refresh which is a pretty big boon.

Thing is this Egg event is apparently gonna give us 5% TM moogles for the new characters when pulling with eggs, of which one has a TM robe with Auto-Refresh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Took my first L in Arena after something like 120 consecutive wins. Kinda sore about it.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

HGH posted:

Thing is this Egg event is apparently gonna give us 5% TM moogles for the new characters when pulling with eggs, of which one has a TM robe with Auto-Refresh.

I assume it'll stack with the soluna rings since they stack with each other? Man, that plus the auto-refresh materia would make for some silly mp regen.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

hagie posted:

Took my first L in Arena after something like 120 consecutive wins. Kinda sore about it.

Just be glad it wasn't around win 90 or so! I did the 100 win streak two weeks ago and had a close call around ~85 where a rude Noctis used Blizzard Flask first turn and stopped most of my team. I got some lucky petrify procs on a CoD bladeblitz golem staff and won but it was close. Alpha strikes in arena are bullshit.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Maintenance is usually Thursdays right?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

iirc it's Wednesday, Thursday is the last day of events/banners but they don't time it with maintenance.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I wish I had a strong enfeebler or there were better options for debuffing. I spend too much time doing that 1st turn when I should be mashing.

Then again I have 0 top tier damage dealers. Chizuru is near, CoD was at some point in like November, Mercedes is next. All 4 are above 400Attk with standard gear. I'd kill for a Gil, Noct or even Lightning.

I'm not impressed with Orlandu due to everything he has being single target. Nice damage for a solitary boss and all.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

Servaetes posted:

I guess my question re: Y'shtola or Refia was is does the raw stats on her aoe cures put her pretty drat close? Most of this is me just wondering for the thread's take because my Y'sholta isn't even maxed out.

With like 3 trust moogles now I could max out dual cast or stockpile them to rush out Olive's Sparky or a doublehand. So I'm not sure if I really badly need double cast or should I rush big deeps on Olive

For me Yshtola gears up to about 340 spr (no pots), 4.3k hp, 228 mp, Refia gears up to 360 spr (max potted), 4.3k hp, 218 mp. I don't have dual wields to spare on my healer, but I do have dualcast for Refia, so their healing output should not be noticably different.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

I wish I had a strong enfeebler or there were better options for debuffing. I spend too much time doing that 1st turn when I should be mashing.

Then again I have 0 top tier damage dealers. Chizuru is near, CoD was at some point in like November, Mercedes is next. All 4 are above 400Attk with standard gear. I'd kill for a Gil, Noct or even Lightning.

I'm not impressed with Orlandu due to everything he has being single target. Nice damage for a solitary boss and all.

Gonna keep beating this horse forever but Firion is also a top tier choice for damage and you'll probably get him sooner or later if you don't have one already.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I've got Firion and maxed out.

No dual wield yet so I don't think he is as useful to me in all honesty. I mean his Fin Briar has done well on Ifrit and all but just underwhelmed at the moment.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

hagie posted:

6* Rain has Undermine which is just his own unique verison of full break. Full Break is also better than the individual Power/Defense/etc. breaks (FB is -30%, the individual break is -15%). Some vortex and event bosses resist individual or all the breaks but otherwise it isn't bad to have a 6* full breaker around. AoE debuffers are rarer (CoD has an attack AoE debuff in Aura Ball) but there aren't many tough bosses where you need them.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

NinjaDebugger posted:

He can't solo gilgamesh, you're right. If he has a holy weapon while also maintaining those stats, though, he can do the same as mine and Dana's lightnings, and solo once he's gotten past the third milestone.

I just tried Gilgamesh again to test it out, and Noctis was basically invincible after the third phase. My precious baby Noct managed to not only get me the 5 unit reward, but he knocked off Greg with a limit burst too.

Now I just need to feed him more pots. I don't like having less than 700 attack.

E: Freed up some more friend space if anyone's not satisfied with 2 dodgetank friends. 226 372 592

Mr. Swoon fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 4, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

I've got Firion and maxed out.

No dual wield yet so I don't think he is as useful to me in all honesty. I mean his Fin Briar has done well on Ifrit and all but just underwhelmed at the moment.

He shines as a chain finisher. If you use him to cap chains between your Orlandu and a friend Orlandu his damage jumps way up. And he'll probably be in the first batch of enhancements if it follows the JP list at which point his poo poo looks ridiculous.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Scrublord Prime posted:

6* Rain has Undermine which is just his own unique verison of full break. Full Break is also better than the individual Power/Defense/etc. breaks (FB is -30%, the individual break is -15%). Some vortex and event bosses resist individual or all the breaks but otherwise it isn't bad to have a 6* full breaker around. AoE debuffers are rarer (CoD has an attack AoE debuff in Aura Ball) but there aren't many tough bosses where you need them.

Yea, Rain is my main breaker, but I don't always need one in party.

CoD is one of my AoE enfeebles and Kefka gets the other with Trine, but they just overlap a little.

hamsystem posted:

He shines as a chain finisher. If you use him to cap chains between your Orlandu and a friend Orlandu his damage jumps way up. And he'll probably be in the first batch of enhancements if it follows the JP list at which point his poo poo looks ridiculous.

That would be fuckin sweet.

If I had Big O. Companions may just have to do for now.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Oh my b. I misread that first part as you having him.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Nah, my physical damage consists of CoD, Chizuru, Mercedes, and swap in Firion.

Bartz is my utility player, but mediocre on the damage end.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
You have a second Chiz? 2 of her chaining does a lot of damage even without a bunch of TMs.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

She's up next for leveling once I'm done with Ysholta.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Case in point: https://youtu.be/aJG6QDhhOGM

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I'm going to put a Golem staff on him and test out how well it lands. My poison knuckles on a Snow seems to get some good procs in.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Golem staff owns in arena.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hamsystem posted:

I'd get the katana. It's the best you'll probably get for awhile outside of TMs/the Gilg trial.

The katana has a 10% evade chance built in and t will pretty much always be useful because of this. Everyone should get the katana tbh.

hamsystem posted:

Golem staff owns in arena.

Just don't put it on your buddy unit or your main party if you're trying to clear levels for things like multi-LB usage because petrifying an enemy, even focus targeted, will make followup attacks swap to something else it seems.

That's really annoying when trying to do 3+ summons in an exploration

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So, a bit of a fun question: Does anybody else have people on their friends list they like way more than they reasonably should given their actual companion unit's quality?

Because I just realized my favorite person in my friends list, more than anybody fielding genuinely good units or anything with a current bonus, is this one guy that's just stuck with WoL for all this time. He's not even very strong, he's never replaced it with a better unit, or for something with a bonus, or anything. But I can rely on that mediocre WoL more than I can any of the several crazy-overpowered Exdeaths in my list. Because sometimes I just need light damage, and he's a pretty solid source of it.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Running EXP dungeon at work? Exdeath or a low attack Noctis
Bonus event? Whoever the bonus is, or highest damage possible.

Judging by the notes on "Times helped"on my friend receipts I don't help too many people, and that's likely my fault for using a poo poo bonus unit half the time...

I'm thinking on running Antonella later today. I'm considering using as much high damage AoE units as I can muster and use one of my Olive companions. I think the games meta in those Trials has shifted, with Gilgamesh being the most recent game changer. I might be able to cheese the fight and eradicate everything in the first few turns. The Behemoth one was ridiculously easy a few weeks ago, and that is basically what I did.

What I have now:
Firion Or CoD
Chizuru
Cecil
Exdeath
Ysholta Or Luka Or Lenna

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I did Antonella with a beefed up Noctis before I got mine geared out and killed it pretty easy just fire flasking it to death.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
12 consecutive daily pulls without a banner unit. :negative:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of which, I have 3 Soleils at 60. Not sure what to do with them when the event's over.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

hamsystem posted:

I did Antonella with a beefed up Noctis before I got mine geared out and killed it pretty easy just fire flasking it to death.

Yea that didn't work much for me. Got about 10 rounds through and then everyone started dropping like flies. The initial AoE damage output wasn't what I anticipated...

Going to try Olive some other time just for raw damage. I could have too high hopes though.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Focus on killing off a single part of Antenolla after the other instead of going for all with AoE attacks.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

That is the sensible thing to do. I figured I would throw that to the wind before preparing for a drawn out slog-fest

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
So per the guide in the OP, are you saying to "reroll" (wipe your phone) if you don't get a 5-star teammate with your first batch of 5 rare tickets?

I got a bunch of 3 stars, and I used my first Lapis roll and got a 3 star :(

I can't be wiping my phone...

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Reroll via an emulator like Nox or Memu. If you get poo poo, reimage/wipe that instead. If you get a good roll get your emulator's account associated with a facebook account then on your real phone log in to that facebook account to get your good account.

I can't give details as I've never done it but I think that's the intended process.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Loving Life Partner posted:

So per the guide in the OP, are you saying to "reroll" (wipe your phone) if you don't get a 5-star teammate with your first batch of 5 rare tickets?

I got a bunch of 3 stars, and I used my first Lapis roll and got a 3 star :(

I can't be wiping my phone...

Unless you've already linked the game to fb, it should just be a matter of deleting the app and re-installing it. Or atleast, that's what I remember...

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

gently caress status ailments forever.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Unless you've already linked the game to fb, it should just be a matter of deleting the app and re-installing it. Or atleast, that's what I remember...

Yeah, that's probably it and quicker than what I thought it was. I should've known better from rerolling in FE:Heroes the same way until I got good characters I decided gently caress this poo poo.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dangerous.hotdog posted:

gently caress status ailments forever.

/throws a blizzard flask

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011

ZarathustraFollower posted:

You can just link the first roll to a fake FB and log into and out of that to reset instead of reinstalling each time. Thats what I did and it made the process much faster.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

/throws a blizzard flask

:negative:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Still only pulled two actual 5base since the game was in beta, I pull when I have lapis and tickets available, not expanding slots enough so I run into trouble every single week, but at least I can finally make a 5x CoD gimmick team now, a character that I only got for the first time ever in January, followed quickly by another, and another, and another.

Pretty Cure Connecting-Puzzle is looking better every day.

e: burnt the rest of the lapis on pulling for Orlandeau, because any 5* is a great get for me, Arc Cinque Ovelia Vanille

:v:
I'll keep my Noct up and running and I'll just youtube the story bits for every update, gently caress the RNG I'm going through, gently caress losing out on "GET THIS OR HAVE A HARD TIME" 4base characters every single time, I can put the 30 minimum minutes of FFBE a day to significantly better, more productive and good use.

And finally, gently caress the luck all but 2-3 of you have. Those 2-3 of you have equal or worse luck than I. Pretty Cure puzzle game here I come

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Loving Life Partner posted:

So per the guide in the OP, are you saying to "reroll" (wipe your phone)

Payback Jack please delete that insanity from the OP. Even during the soft launch it was pretty firmly stated that the easiest way to reroll on a phone was to use a dummy facebook account to log in/out. Does that no longer work?

Either way, if you're going to reroll to chase a 5* unit you should use nox/memu. There was a goon who rolled Orlandu on an account but wasn't planning to keep it so if they still have it you might be in luck.

HGH posted:

Speaking of which, I have 3 Soleils at 60. Not sure what to do with them when the event's over.

I'm taking one to 100, the rest... yeah IDK. I'm in no rush to farm her TMR.

• Locked thread