Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Had a Frozen Ever After FP, and then ride breaks down.

Come back later for it, ride breaks down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Tim Whatley posted:

Not much you can do, just let it go.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tim Whatley posted:

This happened to me to....when the ride opened.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

Not much you can do, just let it go.

:thurman:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Frozen Ever After sucks anyway.

I'm not bitter. You're bitter.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Braksgirl posted:

Frozen Ever After sucks anyway.

I'm not bitter. You're bitter.

We had a FP for it but decided a pre-dinner nap was more important.

(Thanks, by the way, we had a lot of fun!)

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Frozen Ever After sucks. Though, it does have really good animatronics. We had a FP for it Friday night and stood in that FP line for 45 minutes which royally sucked. We got to ride it and can mark it off our list forever.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I felt it went way too fast and I couldn't tell you what happened five min later. Once was enough.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
If you are a five-year-old girl, Frozen Ever After is only the best thing about the entire park. I think most posters on Something Awful don't fall into that demographic, though.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
My advisor has a 3 year old son and a 5 year old daughter.

On my last trip I bought his son a tigger plushie and his daughter an Olaf plushie.

"Omg how did you know my daughter *loves* Frozen!?!"
"Uhm, cause she's 5"

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought it was enjoyable...

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Braks how much was a golf cart rental at FW? Do you recall?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Maelstrom was my absolute favorite ride and I've never seen Frozen so FEA will always be VERY BAD AND NOT OKAY.

Until I inevitably ride it and think it's nice of course.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
My three year old son is obsessed with Sleeping Beauty and Frozen, so he will love FEA. If there was a Maleficent themed ride, he would probably never leave. Then again, I probably wouldn't either. i love Frozen

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not particularly in love with FEA but it was like loving 97 today and I wanted a boat splash

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Grundulum posted:

If you are a five-year-old girl, Frozen Ever After is only the best thing about the entire park. I think most posters on Something Awful don't fall into that demographic, though.

Yeah but most five year olds are perfectly happy spending their entire vacation at the pop century pool, so their opinions don't matter.

That said, I don't mind frozen, all we rode in epcot this year was spaceship earth (thank the phoenicians!) and frozen because that's what we had fast passes for and time was better spent eating and drinking at flower and garden fest.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

"Epcot needs more rides"
"The new ride at Epcot sucks"

Tomorrow night catching a red eye for a week at the World!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Braks how much was a golf cart rental at FW? Do you recall?

I think it was something like $63 a day for the four seater.

Hey, I love Frozen too, I just don't think the ride was particularly well done. The animatronics are amazing, but the rest of it is lackluster. I think they rushed it and half-assed it.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Braksgirl posted:

I think it was something like $63 a day for the four seater.

Hey, I love Frozen too, I just don't think the ride was particularly well done. The animatronics are amazing, but the rest of it is lackluster. I think they rushed it and half-assed it.

Yep, $63 including tax, I just checked.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks guys

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Empress, I know you are planning your camp out so I wanted to share this. One of the few good memories I have of my childhood is our WDW trip when I was in 3rd grade. My dad packed up us 4 kids into our wood paneled station wagon, drove down and stayed in a rented camper at the campgrounds. We rented bicycles to get around the property, rented one of those pontoon boats, had a family of ducks behind the camper that visited us each day, I got to meet Chip n Dale at the outdoor movie / marshmallow roast. All really awesome memories.

Many years later we returned with our daughter, who was 3 at the time, and stayed in a FW cabin and did a lot of the same things. We watched Little Mermaid at the outdoor movie, she fell in love and we had to pretend to steal her voice for months afterwards.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Braksgirl posted:

I think they rushed it and half-assed it.

and that right there is why it keeps breaking. Meanwhile all the Pandora stuff has been testing for like a year. They wised up on that one, for sure.

Speaking of which, I signed up for the cast previews of Pandora, hopefully I get a slot to go see it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tomapot posted:

Empress, I know you are planning your camp out so I wanted to share this. One of the few good memories I have of my childhood is our WDW trip when I was in 3rd grade. My dad packed up us 4 kids into our wood paneled station wagon, drove down and stayed in a rented camper at the campgrounds. We rented bicycles to get around the property, rented one of those pontoon boats, had a family of ducks behind the camper that visited us each day, I got to meet Chip n Dale at the outdoor movie / marshmallow roast. All really awesome memories.

Many years later we returned with our daughter, who was 3 at the time, and stayed in a FW cabin and did a lot of the same things. We watched Little Mermaid at the outdoor movie, she fell in love and we had to pretend to steal her voice for months afterwards.

It's stories like that being the reason I want to stay there. It seems like such a great place to introduce my girlfriend to camping also. :) thanks!!

BBS I signed up too so best of luck to you too!!!

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Our bid just happened so I'm waiting to see what I got before I sign up on a day I will no longer have off.

I enjoyed Frozen Ever After and I enjoyed Maelstrom ironically. I've only ridden it once, but I spent 8 hours in the Royal Sommerhus alternating between Anna and Elsa and damnit if I wasn't going to cap the day off by riding the ride. Posted wait 65, waited about 25.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

One of my dad's old high school friends is in town. Turns out they know the head sound director for La Nouba and he's going to get them into the sound booth for a performance this weekend. I'm so jealous.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Cais posted:

Our bid just happened so I'm waiting to see what I got before I sign up on a day I will no longer have off.

I enjoyed Frozen Ever After and I enjoyed Maelstrom ironically. I've only ridden it once, but I spent 8 hours in the Royal Sommerhus alternating between Anna and Elsa and damnit if I wasn't going to cap the day off by riding the ride. Posted wait 65, waited about 25.

for a second I forgot what it was you do in your actual statused location and got really confused at you spending 8 hours with them , then I remembered and it was much less weird.

Also pertinent to you and my earlier complaints: the managers of the vip tours complained to our managers because a few cast members haven't been exactly playing ball with the new procedures. I seriously pissed off one of the lanyard vip tour guides when he tried to take 22 people down our wheelchair hallway. Six is the maximum allowed down the hallway because of fire code and when I told him that he scoffed at me but I refused to let him down, so he just took them up the normal way then went and complained to my coordinator.

Be nice to the ops cast members, and they'll be nice to you. That's why I always enjoyed you coming through Pooh or Tea Cups. It's pleasant to have someone who has worked that world before and knows how to play by the rules.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Curious about the VIP tours, is there a limit to how many guests you can bring around? Does it cost extra after so many heads?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

couldcareless posted:

Curious about the VIP tours, is there a limit to how many guests you can bring around? Does it cost extra after so many heads?

There's three different types; a real VIP tour that's private that you can. Ring as much as you want if you have the bank account for it and the two other "VIP" tours which are only supposed to have 12 max.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And yeah jealous about you guys who work in the parks even though I'm sure you guys get the most bs. DRC is bleh.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

And yeah jealous about you guys who work in the parks even though I'm sure you guys get the most bs. DRC is bleh.

I need to know your DRC name in case I ever get to talk to you.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

couldcareless posted:

It's a ten person maximum per guide. Any more, and you have to have a second guide, which is charged at full price. No discounted second guide.

I've had a few of those lately. I was with one family for 3 days, with a different second guide each day. Tuesday we had 6 adults and 11 kids under 10, which actually went a lot smoother than one would expect. We actually did get yelled at Mansion, or rather, my co-guide did. First CM told her to go ahead and come through, then the second one yelled at her for coming through. Can't win.

During training they really try to instill how to treat other areas into you and I always really took that to heart. Our service is wholly dependent on being invited into your areas and the importance of building up those relationships, but there's definitely a subset of guides who skirt the guidelines as much as possible due to, well, honestly I'm sure laziness is a factor. They feel like they can't be bothered.

There's an upcoming opportunity to apply for a full time spot with tours but honestly I kind of like only being there a few days a month. I feel like I can throw myself into my occasional tour more than if I were there 5 or 6 or 7 days a week.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll send it to you in a email later for sure!! I think I've talked to one of the other co hosts of your podcast, I got excited but couldn't say anything hah.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cais , are you guys able to cater tours around meeting characters? A lot of people ask us and we just say yes and send them your way without really knowing :shrug:

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Cais , are you guys able to cater tours around meeting characters? A lot of people ask us and we just say yes and send them your way without really knowing :shrug:

If they have a fastpass.

MK: Ariel, PFTH (Elena/Cinderella, Tiana/Rapunzel), Tinker Bell, Mickey, Enchanted Tales with Belle I guess technically would count.
EC: Anna and Elsa, C -Spot (Mickey, Goofy, Minnie side)
DAK: Adventurers Outpost (Mickey and Minnie)
DHS: Launch Bay (Kylo Ren and Chewbacca)

For any of the other ones, we have to wait in the regular line. We met Jasmine last week - I stood in line for her 245 set while the family was in Restaurant Marrakesh and they got out just in time to meet her.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That sounds rough. Thanks for the answer though.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
Speaking of character meets, Chewbacca was a bunch of fun when we saw him. At one point he was playing hoops with the photographer's flash cover.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I'll send it to you in a email later for sure!! I think I've talked to one of the other co hosts of your podcast, I got excited but couldn't say anything hah.

That's funny! There are something like 250 agents in my agency so I'm sure you've talked to one of us MMV-ers before.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams
Well I guess that's one way to get a better view

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Fejsze posted:

Well I guess that's one way to get a better view

How mature. (Click through to the article)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

drat, somebody needed a Snickers.