Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Yeah, sticking outside the blue circle early game doesn't hurt too much especially when you're all decked out in gear and 50 bandages. Last night, the driver in my group crashed our car right when we finally made it into the circle, and another squad opened up on us immediately, it was a bloodbath. Please drive safe out there, guys.

For whatever reason, bandages take up a ton of inventory space, or there are some weird thresholds. A lot of times I'll drop all my bandages, pick up another item and then pick up the bandages again, and I'll have all of them but 2. It's strange.

Also, yeah, unlike in Arma 3 BR, taking a lot of damage from the circle or even gunfire doesn't mess up your aim or hinder your mobility, which I think is a mistake. Also, visually, it can be very hard to see and shoot through the blue barrier. It seems easier to shoot from outside-in then inside-out which, is problematic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

some of the earlier stages where the blue circle moves, the circle should move slightly lower than your sprint speed so you can at least catch up, for the love of god

the later ones are fine because you can race a little bit faster than the circle in a car and you shouldn't be that far out anyway

that's my worthless opinion

Sipher
Jan 14, 2008
Cryptic
Only bought the game Sunday, so I don't have a lot of playtime yet, but holy moly it is extremely my jam.

I've gotten 3rd once, and 2nd once, and like 80th a ton of times. Should I be looting at all after I find a vest/helmet/rifle? I seem to die more getting caught by surprise when looting than anything else.

Are 4x scopes more likely to spawn in certain locations? Seems to be the one thing I'm always looking for, love having a midrange gun/spotting tool.

My one complaint with this game is that even with everything on high, grass and foliage disappear at 4x scope ranges so all that soft cover you think you have around you actually does nothing.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
How to safety get out of a car fast:

https://streamable.com/raim9

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Does that trick work from all cars and seating positions?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I think they should just make people being damaged by the circle glow brightly, maybe even with a beacon going into the sky. That way if they manage to sneak up on people inside of the circle, then it's the people in the circle's fault.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I just now realized they took the crossbow out of the game, that's how atrocious it was.

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

I just now realized they took the crossbow out of the game, that's how atrocious it was.

I read that it had something to do with a copyright

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I hope they add in land mines and grenade launchers and poo poo.

And a mini gun

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
if my whole team dies in team play I just hop in a car and drive around like a maniac until I die or the gas runs out

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Doorknob Slobber posted:

if my whole team dies in team play I just hop in a car and drive around like a maniac until I die or the gas runs out

I find that sticking it out lone wolf in a squad match has some benefits, like you won't attract a whole lot of attention, and you don't need to split up the loot you find.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I hope they add in land mines and grenade launchers and poo poo.

And a mini gun

They will probably add mines at some point if I had to guess, but probably not the launchers since people complain about them a lot in Arma 3 BR seeming unsporting. Also between the machine gun and the tommy gun don't leave much need for a mini gun.

Mining random main roads in Arma rocked though. Trip wires would only take out the wheels, usually, but you could hear the explosion from a mile away.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Pro tip: play with 2 other friends and a rando, when the rando shows up with good gear kill him.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

VulgarandStupid posted:

They will probably add mines at some point if I had to guess, but probably not the launchers since people complain about them a lot in Arma 3 BR seeming unsporting. Also between the machine gun and the tommy gun don't leave much need for a mini gun.

Mining random main roads in Arma rocked though. Trip wires would only take out the wheels, usually, but you could hear the explosion from a mile away.

I guess launchers might be unsportsmanlike, but I like the idea of Top ten ending up with OP weapons to raise the steaks.

Also I guess by mini gun I mean like an emplacement guns? Turrets randomly spawing in on the map.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Random emplacements would be terrible because then you could crest a random hill and get mowed down by an HMG from the next hill over with no way to know about it. If they were permanent and could be planned and played around, sure.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I guess launchers might be unsportsmanlike, but I like the idea of Top ten ending up with OP weapons to raise the steaks.

Also I guess by mini gun I mean like an emplacement guns? Turrets randomly spawing in on the map.

People don't like getting 1 hit kill, if its not a sniper rifle, preferably a crate gun, and a head shot. And I'm not saying that grenade launchers don't take skill to use, but its not fun when someone only has to land a shot in your vicinity. I do wish that hand grenades had a longer range, though. The molotovs are like laughably bad right now.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Right now grenades suck because they're the only way to deal with dudes camping in a shack, I hope we'll be able to send some rounds through thin walls at some point.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I wish some of these battle royale games weren't just all set in a field with some forest. I want these worlds to have more biomes in it, at least just for visual flavor. Especially if this is the kind of game committed to having a large landmass.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I wish some of these battle royale games weren't just all set in a field with some forest. I want these worlds to have more biomes in it, at least just for visual flavor. Especially if this is the kind of game committed to having a large landmass.

Maybe a tundra area would be cool.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I think deserts would be the coolest, to really give you that Mad Max vibe. Vehicles kicking up huge dust clouds would be awesome. But, they'd have to scatter dunes, rocks and bushes, so there's some cover.

Really, the worst part about the current map are there are only 4 types of cover. Buildings, trees, hills and rocks. Soft cover is basically non-existent right now. Changing the ground from green/brown to white or yellow wouldn't really fix that.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Apr 6, 2017

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Does this game have a Lore or something? I would assume if there was a lore that implies that those Battle Royale happen more often you could spread more crashed planes and burned out cars over the whole map as cover, or add some artillery holes and fallen over trees at some parts of the map. At the moment it just seems like you are being dropped with the first 100 people on this empty island.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Player unknown said they would be adding both new maps and also the ability to shoot through thin walls.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
It's a last man standing shooting game. Do you really need a backstory in order to enjoy it?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Paradigmata posted:

Does this game have a Lore or something? I would assume if there was a lore that implies that those Battle Royale happen more often you could spread more crashed planes and burned out cars over the whole map as cover, or add some artillery holes and fallen over trees at some parts of the map. At the moment it just seems like you are being dropped with the first 100 people on this empty island.

It's a dystopian future where Trump gets another 4 years, and then declares himself dictator for life. Battlegrounds becomes the only way for the population to distract themselves from the drudge of life under Trump.

There. That's the story.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

Harminoff posted:

Do you really need a backstory in order to enjoy it?
Try reading it again, I was talking about the lack of cover in regards to amount/variety in the level design. I never said I need a story, I was just wondering if there was something.

VulgarandStupid posted:

That's the story.
And the people on the plane are criminals and illegals? I really like where this is going.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
oh my god is this thread gonna have loving politics in it too

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
politics is actually the most fun game mode

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
China is number one, I guess

Orv
May 4, 2011
I figured we were all trapped in some kind of lovely Valhalla, since you start on the island with a crashed plane and then are teleported into a fresh plane to do it all over again. :shrug:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Imagine four SCARs on the edge of a cliff.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
It's a videogame based off of a meme

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Player unknown said they would be adding both new maps and also the ability to shoot through thin walls.

Maybe a smaller map with more melee, handguns, and grenades and no ARs.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Just had a pretty awesome goon squad win. Scopes are like super important :)

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Has anyone ever been hit by the red zone bombs? I've never even seen someone else hit, does it insta-kill? How much of the area do those explosions cover anyway? I feel like it's gotta be like .1% - 1% chance to be hit.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Yes. It downed me instantly standing under a petrol station roof or whatever near the west bridge to south island

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
My whole squad got wiped in a Dacia by a bomb yesterday.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

drat, guess I'll stop treating them like just an excuse to stop worrying about how much noise I'm making for 20 seconds.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lol what is the point of queueing up as solo for squad

get put with 3 randoms and 0 way to communicate wew lad

I guess you make good cannon fodder lol

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

lol what is the point of queueing up as solo for squad

get put with 3 randoms and 0 way to communicate wew lad

I guess you make good cannon fodder lol

you can squad voice chat in game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Yeah it works ok, just drop from lobby if they don't answer/don't have mics or are dicks. The biggest problem is that a lot of people are using other voice apps so you miss out on most comms, hopefully they remember you and you at least get the important stuff.

• Locked thread