Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

Recharge bonus all the way. If you're constantly charging you keep your shields up that way.

Krogan Vanguard with the Juggernaut Shield is amazing. My forehead hits harder than an Isharay.

I was expecting to love Krogan Vanguard, but I think I like the human a little better; having quick punches seems a little more satisfying to me than a slow headbutt. Although I don't have the jugg shield yet...

I'm also pretty lousy about remembering whether fortify is on or off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

The Saber rifle is in this game right?
And it hopefully still has that very satisfying sound it makes when firing?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I also have to lol at the fact that attaching the melee optimizer to the Ruzad Shotgun actually makes it look less threatening

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Ainsley McTree posted:

I also have to lol at the fact that attaching the melee optimizer to the Ruzad Shotgun actually makes it look less threatening

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this :lol:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
motherfuckign pubs dying on extraction wave on the furthest corner of the map with ten seconds to go on motherFUCKING BRONZE MOTHERFUCK

MY 500 G

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Bootcha posted:

DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA Build for DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA Soldier
Turbocharge 6 - 4a 5a 6b
Conc Shot 6 - 4a 5b 6a
Grenades 1
Munitions 6 - 4a 5b 6a/b (Pick what you want for 6th power, gold runs usually benefit with debuff)
Fitness 6 - 4a 5a/b 6a (Running doesn't count as evasion, the dash does, but the cover benefit is pretty meh as well)

Wat you do is git da Turbocharge up first, den you git Munitions, den Fitness, den Conc Shot.

SHOOTAS
Charger - Is da bestest.
Eagle - Is ol'roight.
Revenant - Need allota teef 'n boxes ta get it gud. But den is roight proppa dakka.

My build is identical except I run Turbocharge 6a and Conc Shot 4b. Fitness 5a is excellent because going behind cover means your shields start regenerating almost instantly, letting you stay safe in the shield-gate.

I also have 1 human soldier running Munitions 6a (using a Revenant and a Hurricane) and another human soldier running Munitions 6b (using a Piranha and a Raptor).

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

The Saber rifle is in this game right?
And it hopefully still has that very satisfying sound it makes when firing?

Like the Claymore, the Saber didn't make the trip to Andromeda.

EDIT: Speaking of the Saber, I was thinking about the semi-auto rifles and what BW could do to 'fix' them. Increasing the damage is nice and all, but I'm thinking of a slight damage boost plus a significant increase to their weakpoint multiplier. So tapping someone in the head with a Mattock 3 times (?) would be enough to kill them, which should equate to the Valkyrie only needing 1 burst to the head.

Also, the Soned should probably get some kind of in-built stagger/panic thing.

Zakmonster fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Apr 6, 2017

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Hey guys I'm the level 1 human male soldier with an apex rating of 200 joining your gold games.

comatose fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 6, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ainsley McTree posted:

You guys vanguard is so fun why do people play anything else

Should I pick bastion or the recharge bonus for my tier 6 upgrade?

Bastion. It gives you full shields AND a ton of DR which is generally worth more than being able to charge again slightly sooner; it lets you do more facepunching and less Charging so you're doing more damage. Your other passives will make the cooldown on Charge really short anyway so the difference is less than a second IIRC. Now that said if you go with Shock Trooper you can do some crazy things with Charging into and then out of groups, but that is really dangerous and can be hosed up by someone killing the mook you were planning on using as an anchor for your escape route.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

precision posted:

Bastion. It gives you full shields AND a ton of DR which is generally worth more than being able to charge again slightly sooner; it lets you do more facepunching and less Charging so you're doing more damage. Your other passives will make the cooldown on Charge really short anyway so the difference is less than a second IIRC. Now that said if you go with Shock Trooper you can do some crazy things with Charging into and then out of groups, but that is really dangerous and can be hosed up by someone killing the mook you were planning on using as an anchor for your escape route.

Bastion on HumGuard, but Shock Trooper on KroGuard. KroGuards don't have Barrier, so they can't get shields back by punching, so being able to Charge once every ~3 seconds lets them keep the Rage health regen running. Also, with DR bonuses from Fortify and Rage, the DR from Bastion becomes less desirable.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

precision posted:

Your other passives will make the cooldown on Charge really short anyway so the difference is less than a second IIRC.
The difference is actually about two seconds, or nearly twice as fast (it makes it 75% quicker who'da thunk it).

edit for nerdery:
8/1.55 ~ 5.16
8/2.3 ~ 3.47

The difference is 1.69 seconds.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 6, 2017

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Zakmonster posted:

Bastion on HumGuard, but Shock Trooper on KroGuard. KroGuards don't have Barrier, so they can't get shields back by punching, so being able to Charge once every ~3 seconds lets them keep the Rage health regen running. Also, with DR bonuses from Fortify and Rage, the DR from Bastion becomes less desirable.

Bastions real draw is the 75 DR. With your other passives you have a ton which increases survivability more than half shields.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Personally I think Bastion is better because "charging more often" assumes you aren't lagging or rubberbanding, and you can't always host, especially when everyone wants to play vanguard.

Also Nova 6a, the one that makes it prime, is a loving godsend holy poo poo.

That soldier build is good and fun, thanks bro.

Too bad guns suck. :smith:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Having tooled around with both human and krogan vanguard I definitely have decided I like Human better, unfortunately. The headbutt just isn't as satisfying as it should be, whereas mashing the falcon punch button just feels really good.

Bastion/Shock Trooper aside, how should I build HumGuard? My gut says "ignore shockwave" but I've been wrong before.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Ainsley McTree posted:

Having tooled around with both human and krogan vanguard I definitely have decided I like Human better, unfortunately. The headbutt just isn't as satisfying as it should be, whereas mashing the falcon punch button just feels really good.

Bastion/Shock Trooper aside, how should I build HumGuard? My gut says "ignore shockwave" but I've been wrong before.

Taking the "huuuah! ha-ha!" voice lines away from the Krogan melee was the biggest nerf. Unironically worse than the bad guns.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cirofren posted:

Taking the "huuuah! ha-ha!" voice lines away from the Krogan melee was the biggest nerf. Unironically worse than the bad guns.

At least they kept the eye-searing rage graphic effect

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Ainsley McTree posted:

Ignore shockwave and just keep punching.

I'm also in the 6b camp for charge fwiw.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I thought I was going to log in to just try a few things in MP tonight, and now it's suddenly hours later and I'm going to be biotic punching in my dreams. I'm glad they didn't gently caress up MP in this one (at least as far as vanguards are concerned)

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Will say this, the people who say to pick Bastion are specifically choosing to charge less often

Makes no sense!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

BenRGamer posted:

Will say this, the people who say to pick Bastion are specifically choosing to charge less often

Makes no sense!

Lag exists. :colbert:

If we didn't have any latency and pushing the charge button meant your character charged immediately without additional prompting, I'd be more open to it. That said, Bastion is also really useful because the DR makes any shields you regenerate from punching things for the duration more valuable, and generally makes you more protected against bullshitty burst damage and/or lagging damage.

I honestly think that Krogan feels awful to play, now that its passive DR skill makes it slower, and it has a lovely feeling melee that doesn't murder dudes or regen shields, I don't see why you'd choose Krogan Vanguard over Human Vanguard. It's a real shame. :smith:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

BenRGamer posted:

Makes no sense!

it's because we're choosing to headbutt more often. :colbert:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man, the Carnifex sucks a lot in Andromeda. The raptor's pretty cool though.

e: Should I spec my vanguard for Bastion shields, Active Barrier and Shield-Powered Nova? How well's it work?

e: lmao missed the whole page discussing it

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 6, 2017

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Heres my tutorial on how to play the blue lion man.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

RBA Starblade posted:

Man, the Carnifex sucks a lot in Andromeda. The raptor's pretty cool though.

e: Should I spec my vanguard for Bastion shields, Active Barrier and Shield-Powered Nova? How well's it work?

e: lmao missed the whole page discussing it

Imo spec nova for seismic and barrier for saving. Seismic says only unarmored and unshielded are affected but that's just for the knock down, it will prime anything. Biotic explosions won't get you many kills but they will increase your survivability in a crowd due to stagger. Plus it's hilarious to novapound dudes off the map.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

How should I spec the asari duelist? Has anyone played as one?

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

I think charge 6b is better for krogans simply because they have way more health than life and regaining half your shields is pretty pitiful when you've only got 200 to begin with. Humans on the other hand have a lot more shields than health so it benefits them more.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

BBQ Dave posted:

How should I spec the asari duelist? Has anyone played as one?

Build like a vanguard (max charge + melee), then backlash.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

comatose posted:

Hey guys I'm the level 1 human male soldier with an apex rating of 200 joining your gold games.

You are my hero :swoon:

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
When's the patch drop?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

ShadowHawk posted:

When's the patch drop?

8 AM PT, supposedly.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This game needs some sort of drone that follow you and shot at enemies, like Nier Automata and Warframe.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Tei posted:

This game needs some sort of drone that follow you and shot at enemies, like Nier Automata and Warframe.

Yeah, not sure why they got rid of the Combat Drone the way it was for some Engineer classes in ME3.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Zakmonster posted:

Also Krogans have a lot less shields than the humans in general.

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 6, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

tribbledirigible posted:

Yeah, not sure why they got rid of the Combat Drone the way it was for some Engineer classes in ME3.

The Engineer profile in single player even has it already.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got my first gold pack and got the Scattershot shotgun. Is it any good?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RBA Starblade posted:

I got my first gold pack and got the Scattershot shotgun. Is it any good?

nope

maybe in an hour it will be though but we won't know for a little while

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

:negative:

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009

Scattershot is great on vanguards. Never neesimg ammo and be it is pretty accurate at range.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

nope

maybe in an hour it will be though but we won't know for a little while
The lack of ammo makes it good for vanguard. Especially if you fight Remnants. Charge an observer and hover and shoot it to death since it's a big baby that doesn't like getting punched. It's also really accurate which makes it good for softening big targets or sync kill targets.

All guns are bad though, so you're still right. But it's certainly serviceable on bronze since it's not an Assault rifle.

The +50% AR damage made the Revenant I got feel as good as the starting AR in most shooters :v:

Fenom
Mar 23, 2007
Patch available on PS4, ~2.1 gigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

today's the day the vanquisher gets vanquished

• Locked thread