Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Shadowlz posted:

I had a girl leave a note on my bike with her number. It has to be the best thing that ever happened to me ever.

Did you call?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Of course. We hangout but I have a girlfriend. Might be worth saying she rides motorcycles and that's why she left a note, not because she saw how hot I am. She had just got a gs500 and wanted someone to ride with. Now she's got a Ducati Monster.

She's the perfect woman and I wish she was my girlfriend. :ssh:

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 5, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Shadowlz posted:

Of course. We hangout but I have a girlfriend. Might be worth saying she rides motorcycles and that's why she left a note, not because she saw how hot I am. She had just got a gs500 and wanted someone to ride with. Now she's got a Ducati Monster.

She's the perfect woman and I wish she was my girlfriend. :ssh:
That's not a woman. :ssh:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

ilkhan posted:

Doncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Doncha wish your girlfriend had a cock like me? (Doncha)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
A few of my friends parked up at a French service station on a group ride to the Bol d'Or and when they came back about 4 or 5 of the bikes (out of 20--odd) had a note saying (more or less) "Hi I'm Jean and I give the best blowjobs in France, if you want me to back up my boast <some convoluted instructions on how to meet up>". After they'd got over the initial excitement and realised that "Jean" is a male name in France, they quickly turned to bickering over why some of them got notes and some didn't.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

ilkhan posted:

Also works for me. :gay:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

goddamnedtwisto posted:

A few of my friends parked up at a French service station on a group ride to the Bol d'Or and when they came back about 4 or 5 of the bikes (out of 20--odd) had a note saying (more or less) "Hi I'm Jean and I give the best blowjobs in France, if you want me to back up my boast <some convoluted instructions on how to meet up>". After they'd got over the initial excitement and realised that "Jean" is a male name in France, they quickly turned to bickering over why some of them got notes and some didn't.

Well, if I may be allowed to quote the song "Which One O' You Queers Gonna Suck My Dick?" off the Wheeler Walker Jr. album Redneck poo poo,
It's all the same when the lights go out
As long as I got my dick shoved inside of a mouth

It's on Spotify.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Finger Prince posted:

Doncha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? Doncha wish your girlfriend had a cock like me? (Travis)

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I like to ride around with my visor flipped up, switching from tinted to clear 3M gasketed safety goggles as necessary. Seems to be a good mix of protection and wind-in-your-face.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have an EXO-500 helmet from Scorpion with the flip down visor and I really need to buy another one before they're all gone because it's really the best helmet.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

ilkhan posted:

Real men don't ride Ducatis.:clint:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Well not any more. I had to sell mine years ago.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~

Chichevache posted:

Something about the Panigale cooking your sperm?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Chichevache posted:

HETEROSEXUALITY IS DEAD TO ME. ALL I CRAVE IS THE RAW GAY HORSEPOWER OF MY DUCATI.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Chichevache posted:

What's that? I can't hear you over the music in this Starbucks

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ripoff posted:

HETEROSEXUALITY IS DEAD TO ME. ALL I CRAVE IS THE RAW GAY HORSEPOWER OF MY DUCATI.

Why in the hell do all the Diavels swarm around my crotch like flies on an italian pussy when I ride my Vmax

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
In further rehabilitation news, I drove 500 miles in a fat-arsed diesel saloon yesterday and getting back on my bike was like being given magical powers. I can accelerate! I can brake! I can go around corners! Traffic is a minor inconvenience rather than a hellacious prison!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Rant inbound: I bought some Oxford heated grips. I was really impressed with them out of the box, but then things went downhill. I knew I was gonna have to trim them a bit, but that ended up being more than a bit once I put them on because I didn't bother to measure the length of my current grips. Then I found that the after market throttle tube I have is about 1 mm larger than stock, so the throttle side wouldn't go on. Tried a little sanding and filing, but the plastic inside the grip snapped as I tried to push it on. And on top of that, I cut the old grips off, so now I won't be riding because I was too dumb to measure first. (But I do want to place some blame on Zeta for making a throttle tube with a larger OD than stock. My guess is they didn't account for the thickness of the anodizing)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

goddamnedtwisto posted:

In further rehabilitation news, I drove 500 miles in a fat-arsed diesel saloon yesterday and getting back on my bike was like being given magical powers. I can accelerate! I can brake! I can go around corners! Traffic is a minor inconvenience rather than a hellacious prison!

I had to drive my Cherokee (XJ, not KL) for a few days due to spring projects and getting back on the FJR was magical because the FJR can do about as many miles with 6 gallons as the Cherokee can with 18.

Of course it's a little trickier to carry a quarter ton of rocks/wood/other gardening and spring project essentials on the FJR.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

PCOS Bill posted:

Of course it's a little trickier to carry a quarter ton of rocks/wood/other gardening and spring project essentials on the FJR.

For me this is a feature, not a bug.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Just in case anyone didn't know, the fine for riding in the shoulder of a two lane access roadway is $250 and 3 points on your license in GA.

No, the cops don't care that traffic has been horrible because an interstate bridge burned down due to the city storing flammable materials underneath it.
No, the cops don't care that you were only trying to go 100 feet down to get out at the next exit.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Razzled posted:

Just in case anyone didn't know, the fine for riding in the shoulder of a two lane access roadway is $250 and 3 points on your license in GA.

No, the cops don't care that traffic has been horrible because an interstate bridge burned down due to the city storing flammable materials underneath it.
No, the cops don't care that you were only trying to go 100 feet down to get out at the next exit.

CA supremacy

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Razzled posted:

What bike were you riding while this went down?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Coydog posted:

What bike were you riding while this went down?

The Tuono, I could have easily out run them. I had a 150 foot head start when I saw the lights.

I tried to do the right thing, figured it wasn't a huge deal and they would take context into consideration and let me off with warning. But lol@that, gently caress APD

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Man that sucks. That is usually my thinking. Just stop and get a warning. Especially in the case of something benign like that. FTP :(

I've started splitting again, so I need to be double careful, I guess.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's not legal to ride on the shoulder in California either, fyi. Only between the lanes. It's also less safe than splitting; no one is going to look before swerving into the shoulder in an emergency, and it's usually full of sand and broken glass and old tires and poo poo.

Whether a cop will actually stop you for it probably depends entirely on if you're being a dong, though.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 8, 2017

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

It's not legal to ride on the shoulder in California either, fyi. Only between the lanes. It's also less safe than splitting; not only is no one going to look before swerving into the shoulder in an emergency, but it's usually full of sand and broken glass and old tires and poo poo.

Whether a cop will actually stop you for it probably depends entirely on if you're being a dong, though.

Or if the cop is a dick. My girlfriend got ticketed for the exact same thing. Traffic was stopped blocking the exit lane, so she hopped into the shoulder from 5 or 6 cars back (and thus could see it was clear), and was immediately pulled over. Not her fault they designed the road poorly. :argh:

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I'm guessing the bike lane is also illegal in CA? Sometimes it's way easier to go in that than it is to split lanes when traffic is completely stopped. Passed a cop last time I did it and nothing happened, but was very close to the station at 5pm so I'm guessing they were ending their day and didn't care.

MomJeans420 fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 8, 2017

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

MomJeans420 posted:

I'm guessing the bike lane is also illegal in CA? Sometimes it's way easier to go in that than it is to split lanes when traffic is completely stopped. Passed a cop last time I did it and nothing happened, but was very close to the station at 5pm so I'm guessing they were ending their day and didn't care.

all of this stuff is benevolent negligence stuff, it doesn't hurt anyone. yes it's illegal but come the gently caress on

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sagebrush posted:

It's not legal to ride on the shoulder in California either, fyi. Only between the lanes. It's also less safe than splitting; no one is going to look before swerving into the shoulder in an emergency, and it's usually full of sand and broken glass and old tires and poo poo.

What if there is only one lane but it is big enough for me to share it with the stopped cars? 680's Capitol exit is close to a half a mile long and that poo poo is backed up daily. I can't stand sitting in it when there's plenty of room to go by.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Sometimes I'll hop a curb and use the sidewalk, or ride through the side of the road, to get around traffic. :shrug:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Chichevache posted:

What if there is only one lane but it is big enough for me to share it with the stopped cars? 680's Capitol exit is close to a half a mile long and that poo poo is backed up daily. I can't stand sitting in it when there's plenty of room to go by.

You can share lane space anywhere you can fit in the lane. There's not a lot of prescriptive guidance about it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Z3n posted:

You can share lane space anywhere you can fit in the lane. There's not a lot of prescriptive guidance about it.

Whew. The last thing I need is a lovely ticket for being "on the shoulder".

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The rule about it is literally "there is no rule." There's no law in California one way or the other explaining the right way to split lanes, or even if it's allowed at all, but the current system seems to work well enough that everyone's happy to just leave it alone. The CHP's official statement is that it is "legal when practiced safely," i.e. they'll usually let you do what you like, but if they think you're being dangerous they'll stop you for reckless driving or whatever.

The CHP officially recommends to only split between the first and second lane, to only do it when traffic is moving less than 20mph, and to not ride more than 20mph faster than traffic is flowing (putting a cap on lane-splitting speed at 40mph, which sounds about right to me). There also are laws saying that you cannot operate a motor vehicle on the shoulders of the road, which is why splitting there is kind of a gray area that I prefer to avoid.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 9, 2017

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Sagebrush posted:

The rule about it is literally "there is no rule." There's no law in California one way or the other explaining the right way to split lanes, or even if it's allowed at all, but the current system seems to work well enough that everyone's happy to just leave it alone. The CHP's official statement is that it is "legal when practiced safely," i.e. they'll usually let you do what you like, but if they think you're being dangerous they'll stop you for reckless driving or whatever.

The CHP officially recommends to only split between the first and second lane, to only do it when traffic is moving less than 20mph, and to not ride more than 20mph faster than traffic is flowing (putting a cap on lane-splitting speed at 40mph, which sounds about right to me). There also are laws saying that you cannot operate a motor vehicle on the shoulders of the road, which is why splitting there is kind of a gray area that I prefer to avoid.

The CHP officers I followed in LA had a 40+ speed differential. :blush:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Razzled posted:

all of this stuff is benevolent negligence stuff, it doesn't hurt anyone. yes it's illegal but come the gently caress on

The funny thing about this is that I see this poo poo happen every time I've ever been in traffic on 285, and I honestly thought GA had a rule permitting driving on the shoulder to get to an exit.

Did you get a tramp stamp tattoo that says "~gently caress cops~", or had it embroidered on the rear end of your pants? Jesus, you just always get the worst cops here.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Ripoff posted:

The funny thing about this is that I see this poo poo happen every time I've ever been in traffic on 285, and I honestly thought GA had a rule permitting driving on the shoulder to get to an exit.

Did you get a tramp stamp tattoo that says "~gently caress cops~", or had it embroidered on the rear end of your pants? Jesus, you just always get the worst cops here.

i'll just say for all my atl bros, they have pretty much tripled police presence at every detour and main way into the city so probably be on high alert any time you save yourself some traffic time with creativity.

i counted no less than 12 police interspersed among 4 different intersections on my way in at fuckin 7 AM today

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Razzled posted:

i'll just say for all my atl bros, they have pretty much tripled police presence at every detour and main way into the city so probably be on high alert any time you save yourself some traffic time with creativity.

i counted no less than 12 police interspersed among 4 different intersections on my way in at fuckin 7 AM today

That mailbox had some powerful friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I just can't win right now. Ordered the wrong nut for my front sprocket. That was on me for not paying attention.
Went and ordered the right one from partzilla. It arrived today, and they sent me the wrong one. I ordered/need 90179-20011. They sent me -20010.
Maybe I'll get lucky and it will magically fit. Won't find out until I get home. Going on two weeks without riding because of an $8 part. SMDH