Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lance found the receipts

https://www.instagram.com/p/BShGQxflX06/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Let's all hope this game doesn't suck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3a_s0EIYsc
it's no NBA Street
nothing ever was though
not even NBA Street 2

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Lance Stephenson owns and now I'm sitting here all misty eyed wondering what if on those 2012-14 pacers teams.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I am so happy Lance is going to be (probably?) on a playoff team so we get to see his antics on the big stage again :allears:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

I am so happy Lance is going to be (probably?) on a playoff team so we get to see his antics on the big stage again :allears:

If the standings hold and he gets to play LeBron in a playoff series again the normally boring 1-8 matchup suddenly becomes must-see TV.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

it's no NBA Street
nothing ever was though
not even NBA Street 2

Street 2 obliterates the first one. This is known.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

God drat thank you so much for this. I just had to holler at my boy, Doug Smith in response to this tweet from last night.

https://twitter.com/SmithRaps/status/849439914844446721

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

Street 2 obliterates the first one. This is known.
I don't really remember well enough then I guess, it was kind of like the NBA Jam when I was a kid. I'm not sure if I ever actually played NBA Jam

still who can beat these rosters?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Street#Rosters

I mean, Austin Croshere.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I'd like to see that point total rule in a G-league game. It sounds bad but also fun.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Nike co-founder Phil Knight told USA Today in early April that while he thinks projected top-five NBA draft pick Lonzo Ball is “an awfully great player,” the $1 billion price tag on a shoe deal could be a deal breaker.

“It’s a little steep,’’ Knight said. Alluding to Lonzo, he added, “we still have an interest.”

Last month, LaVar Ball claimed he and his three sons would settle for no less than a $1 billion shoe deal with Nike, Adidas or Under Armour.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Westbrook takes the lead in the MVP race on the strength of his rippling muscles and indomitable spirit and Zach Lowe is out here posting fanfics from his basement about seismic league-wide rule changes that would've prevented it happening. Never change stats nerds

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Woj wrote a book called The Miracle of St. Anthony which is a must-read for basketball fans. You can grab it used for a couple bucks.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Looks like Wade will be back Saturday unfortunately.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Niwrad posted:

Looks like Wade will be back Saturday unfortunately.

The 3 Alphas ride again!

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

RW attempts to get eighth straight TD tonight. Only Wilt has reached eight straight (and nine straight in 1968).

Also, that'd give him 42 total.

With teams tanking and resting in April RW could finish with 46 TDs and on a 12 TD streak.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
How would everyone react if MVP voting tied this year and Harden/Westbrook were co-mvps? I'm not necessarily in favor of it but could easily see voting being that close this year.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
only one way to settle it: belly pinch off

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Go cavs don't suck tonight

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Apparently the Rockets are giving out Trevor Ariza bobbleheads with McGrady's name slapped on them in honor of T-Mac Night
https://imgur.com/gallery/ot9T4

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

chunkles posted:

only one way to settle it: belly pinch off

That's a tough one because on one hand Jim is absolutely better at pinching bellies, but on the other I have a hard time believing that Westbrook has anything other than pure, hard-as-steel muscle on his. I'd be worried about Harden's pinching fingers TBH.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
With James Harden slowing down late season considering all of the dicks he has touched I think Russ has to be moving into the lead for MVP

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The latest Dunced On really puts the argument of why Westbrook should be MVP beyond him hitting arbitrary numbers that hit the first double digit.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Spacebump posted:

How would everyone react if MVP voting tied this year and Harden/Westbrook were co-mvps? I'm not necessarily in favor of it but could easily see voting being that close this year.
I thought they do tiebreakers for most 1st place votes, most 2nd, etc. They'd have to get the exact same vote breakdown to actually tie which is basically impossible with 5 places per ballot.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

New York City has agreed to pay $4 million to Thabo Sefolosha, a forward with the N.B.A.’s Atlanta Hawks, to settle a federal lawsuit in which he accused five police officers of false arrest and using excessive force during an encounter outside a Manhattan nightclub, the city’s Law Department said on Wednesday.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
That poo poo was so obvious when it happened. I'm glad Thabo is getting paid.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Good gently caress the NYPD

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I thought they do tiebreakers for most 1st place votes, most 2nd, etc. They'd have to get the exact same vote breakdown to actually tie which is basically impossible with 5 places per ballot.

GOOD

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk0I_xOGm5U

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
He likes to do the jump :)

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Westbrook is now shooting a better percentage from 3 than Harden this year

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
So are the Harden fanboys going to vote Harden-Leonard-Westbrook and the Westbrook fanboys going to vote Westbrook-Leonard-Harden, and Kawai's going to walk away with it because of all the 2nd place votes?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

BetterLekNextTime posted:

So are the Harden fanboys going to vote Harden-Leonard-Westbrook and the Westbrook fanboys going to vote Westbrook-Leonard-Harden, and Kawai's going to walk away with it because of all the 2nd place votes?

Kawhi hasn't played as many games as Harden and Westbrook so the announcer votes are going to sway more towards Westbrook/Harden because they're idiots that only judge by what they see and not go further.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Harden is averaging 29.2/11.2/8.1 LeBron 26.2/8.8/8.6 and their teams don't have gimmicks to increase their rebounds nor an offensive system of 'just give the star player the ball and have him do everything' (increasing counting stats) so they are better choices for MVP than Westbrook

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MVP award will be split three ways to the Three Alphas who have bravely overcome yelling at each other on instagram to lead the bulls to the Eight Seed in the Dread Eastern Conference.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

ragle posted:

Harden is averaging 29.2/11.2/8.1 LeBron 26.2/8.8/8.6 and their teams don't have gimmicks to increase their rebounds nor an offensive system of 'just give the star player the ball and have him do everything' (increasing counting stats) so they are better choices for MVP than Westbrook

I don't understand this argument. If a team specifically builds its system around a player, isn't that player more valuable than another who is simply very good in a "gimmick-less" team?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
this is how you kill a bear

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/849810467094659073

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

ragle posted:

Harden is averaging 29.2/11.2/8.1 LeBron 26.2/8.8/8.6 and their teams don't have gimmicks to increase their rebounds nor an offensive system of 'just give the star player the ball and have him do everything' (increasing counting stats)

The Rockets do this, but Harden is still mvper than Westbrook.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Furthermore, how many teams could execute such a "gimmick" to the tune of 40+ wins

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

cravius posted:

Westbrook is now shooting a better percentage from 3 than Harden this year

lmao if this is true its my new favorite stat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Papes posted:

Furthermore, how many teams could execute such a "gimmick" to the tune of 40+ wins

Playing in a conference that's mostly composed of bottom feeders?

• Locked thread