Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Baal posted:

His delivery when getting mad at the MC and Ryuji in front of the house was bad, but otherwise he's been alright. Idk, this is not even close to the best Mercer performance I've heard.

He sells his awakening pretty good I feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

He sells his awakening pretty good I feel

Haven't got there yet, will report back in like... 30 minutes?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm only 2 dungeons in but everyone sells their awakening really well I thought. Those are some pretty great scenes.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Makoto is amazing, yeah.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Zore posted:

Makoto is amazing, yeah.

Like I say this pre-emptively because she's barely even appeared so far in my game but I can already tell Makoto best girl
Those red eyes burn with NUCLEAR FURY

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Like I say this pre-emptively because she's barely even appeared so far in my game but I can already tell Makoto best girl
Those red eyes burn with NUCLEAR FURY

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I take it that leaving the top button of your shirt done up outside school is a delinquent thing, like wearing a really long skirt.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Calling my group Depeche Mode, that cool with all of u

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i hit rank 3 with sojiro and he's my dad now

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heath posted:

Calling my group Depeche Mode, that cool with all of u

I named mine the Brewskis

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Also, Atlus just announced that the game has shipped 1.5 million copies worldwide, so it seems to be doing okay I guess.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I got to the first mini boss Heavenly Punisher and I ran outta SP. At least it seems like the Palaces are meant to be done thru multiple days so I don't feel too bad.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Cool people who beat the first palace in one day quote this post

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Dryzen posted:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dryzen posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dryzen posted:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dryzen posted:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Dryzen posted:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Wow, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm very impressed. Your game's always so fast, so fine.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I stopped at the save point right before the treasure because hard mode completely drained my resources & I didn't wanna fight a boss.Then loaded it up and realized I wasted the whole day because I just had to walk down a hallway with no enemies to get the "ok come back tommorow and send the calling card" promt

not that I'm bitter or nothing.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is it even possible to beat the first palace on day one on Hard difficulty without grinding endlessly on the first enemies so you eventually can kill things without having to burn SP? Because goddamn. The cathedral fight alone used almost an entire day's worth and that's if I didn't get unlucky and have Mona get oneshot through her guard which forced a restart.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

it involved a lot of fear & knocking enemies down then asking them to give me an item so they'd leave (because they'd survive the all out attack) to take down the big enemies in the second half but I managed it

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Captain Baal posted:

I named mine the Brewskis

It said the name was visible online, so I let everyone know stealing hearts is best done by the Anime Haters.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I read, like every persona game, you should beat it in one day but even on normal I was basically out of every healing item/sp by couple rooms after the mid boss. Did I make a mistake trying to grind some levels on weaker enemies and getting a lot of personas?

Should I just re-do it on easy or re-do it just not fight everything?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Magna Kaser posted:

I read, like every persona game, you should beat it in one day but even on normal I was basically out of every healing item/sp by couple rooms after the mid boss. Did I make a mistake trying to grind some levels on weaker enemies and getting a lot of personas?

If you're not following a 100% guide, you're not gonna get 100%. Since you're not gonna get 100%, all you lost was a day. It's not a big deal at all.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

darealkooky posted:

it involved a lot of fear & knocking enemies down then asking them to give me an item so they'd leave (because they'd survive the all out attack) to take down the big enemies in the second half but I managed it

You ever get anything good asking for items? All I've seen is the 20 hp ones and the burn heals or w/e

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I did it in 3 days because yikes

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Magna Kaser posted:

The endboss is easy and it's actually some of the mid-level enemies that are hard. Forget doing it in one day, dungeons in this game are actually long. You should be able to do it in two days though, no sweat. Don't fight everything in the second half of the dungeon and don't be afraid to use guns - it can seem like you want to conserve gun ammo but since everyone has guns and some Personas actually have gun-attacks it's all fine.

Obariyon is a pretty good Persona at level 9 if you can figure a way to use it because it has a HP-costing gun-elemental attack.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Magna Kaser posted:

Just do it in 2 days or whatever. You're not going to die from not reaching rank 10 in your least favorite S-link

Arist posted:

I did it in 3 days because yikes

Same :rip:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I mean, most people max out 90% of their s links by forgoing the politician.

You have a LOT of free time in the last month.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Tae posted:

I mean, most people max out 90% of their s links by forgoing the politician.

You have a LOT of free time in the last month.

The heck the politician has such great skills though.

If I was going to neglect anyone it'd probably the reporter. Her skills make it EVEN HARDER to maintain a high alert level, which is good for getting dem sweet sweet Treasure Demons. Heck, her max rank skill seems like something I'd actively like to avoid.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 6, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Politician is one of the best confidants and he increases every time you interact with him. He's also a cool dude, it's crazy to ignore him.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm only two ranks into Taronosuke but he seems cool as heck

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

The heck the politician has such great skills though.

Captain Baal posted:

The Politician is one of the best confidants and he increases every time you interact with him. He's also a cool dude, it's crazy to ignore him.

The people I'm talking about are maxing their waifus as top priority

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Captain Baal posted:

yea I was expecting him to suck but actually he's kinda a fun character. I like that his arc is he's a genuinely good guy who's good for politics but he's just kinda gotta work on delivery better and not make stupid choices. I was expecting some typical corrupt politician style thing but nope, just a well meaning if not very smart guy who likes having a young person take an interest in politics and believe in him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can maximize my waifu and hang out with the cool old man politician, amateurs.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The best part of waiting for load screens are keeping an eye out for the admin posts on the Phan Site

please, no trolling ;-;

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

You ever get anything good asking for items? All I've seen is the 20 hp ones and the burn heals or w/e

talking to demons when you already have their persona seems to get you better poo poo, i've been getting revival beads and SP recovery inbetween the trash items

either way it gets you some EXP and prevents that archangel or whatever from getting another turn or two where he one shots someone

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hey, none of the requests have time limits right? Just wanna know if I'm okay to let them accumulate so I can knock out a few in one go.

Edit: oh my god the burgers have ranks

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Infinity Gaia posted:

Hey, none of the requests have time limits right? Just wanna know if I'm okay to let them accumulate so I can knock out a few in one go.
That's what I'm doing, pretty sure it's fine